Thread: Inter vs Parma- Match report

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Inter vs Parma- Match report

My 1st match report hope you all enjoy.

Inter vs. Parma: Match report

Mancini decides to keep Bobo Vieri in the side for todayís crucial serie a game vs. Parma. Davids is recalled and Javier Zanetti returns after his injury. Inter line-up like this: toldo-zanetti-cordoba-matrix-favalli-advm-veron-davids-stankovic-adriano-vieri.

The match starts with inter dominating for the most part. String quite a few passes together without creating much. Then we get a corner Veron takes it and itís well clearly by Frey under his own goal bar under pressure from Vieri. After this we continue to dictate most of the play without creating much in the form of chances except for a cross which Vieri completely miss hits. Twice Javier Zanetti gets put in behind the Parma defence by Van Der Meyde but each time his cross is poor and the Parma defence easily clears them out for corners.

At about the 20th minute Parma have a corner. Gilardino gets in front of Cordoba and manages to flick it in with the heel of his foot, Davids tries to clear it from under the bar but to no avail. After this Parma had a good period of possession. For the most part the 1st half was disappointing from an Interís perspective. We didnít create much with Adriano forced to go down the wide left flank to create space for himself.

Second half starts with no changes . On 26 minutes Andy shots a good shot which is deflected it goal, the referee says goal kick. Inter start playing a bit better spreading the ball to the wide playerís better and creating width . After about 10-15 minutes Mancini brings Oba in for Vieri this would be the crucial change. Next move would be the introduction of Recoba for Davids. Davids played well but we needed a bit more in the attack. We finally manage to draw level when a VDM cross is missed by the Parma defence and Oba are left with an easy finish 1-1.

But disaster would strike soon afterwards. As Favalli is ball watching and allows a cross from the left to find Marchionni who gets in front of him . After this mancini brings on emre for advm. After 37 minutes Oba gets another chance outside the box as Recoba finds him with a good pass. The Nigerian easily beats Frey. Veron has a good cross which Cannavarro beats Oba to.

Veron has a shot in the box handled by a Parma player. The ref says no penalty , ball falls to matrix that blazes a point blank chance just over the bar. Martins cross for Adriano who with a chance he would take 9,5/10 times misses. Inter have one last chance from a Free kick which is won when Stankovic is fouled just outside the area. Recoba takes it 1st 1 is blocked but morfeo isnít 10 metres away, he is booked and Chino gets another chance. His shot is just wide.

So from I saw. We played well just wasted chances and the defence really should concentrate better . They defended well for the most part just a lack of concentration let to us conceding those 2 silly goals.

Toldo 6, 5: Didnít have much to do, he was decent.

JZ 7: Good comeback game he should have done better with the cross chances but we know he canít cross.

Cordoba 6.5: Same as matrix

Matrix 6, 5: Solid nothing spectacular.

Favalli 6: He solid but it was his fault that allowed Parma to take the lead again.

ADVM 7: He was dangerous made good crosses.

Veron 6.5: Wasnít his best game for us.

Davids 7: he did very well he did his defensive job well.

Stankovic 7: Good performance from deki was always dangerous.

Vieri 5, 5: I really donít know what to say anymore he shouldnít start alongside Adriano.

Adriano 6, 5: This wasnít his best game he could do better.

OBa Martins 8: Showed his class.

Recoba 7: Did well made a difference.

Emre : not enough time to rate.

Mancini 6,5: Made the right subs and at the right time but shouldn't start vieri.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Nice report, TNT.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

Good report but few remarks:

1- Matrix shot in the bar,
    2- Stank wasnt in form at all till the last 10 min, he missed a shot, from what I saw and what he confessed he didnt playh well.
    3- Capitano had a bad game in my opinion and Veron was much better on pitch so u cant rate Veron less, Veron got quite in the first 20 min of the second half but I think all Inter was quite in that period,
    4- Parma second goal was both favalli and CD fault, Morfeo was free to pass and Favalli wasnt fast enough.

It was a good game and we could have won if Mr. Vieri or Adriano were in form, Adriano was tired today even he did some wonderful things but still he lacked little bit his lethal concetration.

Ray

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Great report but i agree that Stan didnt play well at all by his standards except at the end...
    Il Capitano had a bad game and should have done better with the rest he got..
    Veron,Davids did well in the middle but overall VDM was the best offensively through both halves until SUPER OBA came in..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

nice report, man..

i am still bit disapointed with our last performance, and
    I think we should really give oba and recoba more chances...
    -----------------------

good report,but Stan was not in form,Mancini should replaced Martins earily.
    Forza inter!

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Nice report, Stefan. Just a few things I don't particularly agree with you on the player ratings, it makes me think that maybe we watched totally different games.

JZ 7: Good comeback game he should have done better with the cross chances but we know he canít cross.
    Actually, Capitano is a pretty good crosser. You'd recognize his ability to run up the wing alot more for Argentina but he's always been known to be strong in that department, in fact many Interisti i know would like him to do much more in terms of crossing. That being said, this was a very poor match by Zanetti to be honest.

Cordoba 6.5: Same as matrix

Matrix 6, 5: Solid nothing spectacular.

Favalli 6: He solid but it was his fault that allowed Parma to take the lead again.
    Cordoba and Favalli were atrocious, looked lost out there on the pitch. Surprisingly, Matrix looked to be the most comfortable defender out there yesterday and when you see that happen you know we're in trouble.

Stankovic 7: Good performance from deki was always dangerous.
    As usual, Deki was all over the pitch working hard but his performance left much to be desired knowing how good he is on his day.
    Nulla Ť impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

il capitano and il drago are excellent players, just like veron and adriano...
    when they play like average players , it means they really suck to their standard...
    -----------------------