Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moratti wants Vieri on the bench

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF

Moratti wants Vieri on the bench

Axe Vieri blasts Moratti Monday 27 September, 2004

Inter owner Massimo Moratti believes the time has arrived for Christian Vieri to be dropped from the first team.

The Italian striker was again partnered alongside Adriano in attack against Parma but continued to struggle.

"The Vieri and Adriano partnership is not working at the minute and it is important to recognise that fact," Moratti told Antenna 3. "Vieri is just not in form.

"Therefore we need to count on a player who is scoring right now, especially as Inter have a host of forwards at the club to choose from."

There were always doubts over whether the ‘Vieri-ano’ pairing would deliver seeing as the two players are very similar.

Boss Roberto Mancini has tried to prove the critics wrong but Vieri, who hasn’t scored for five months, has failed to deliver so far.

Mancio has continued to field the two men with some consistency but Moratti seems to have finally lost his patience.

However, the club chief is not bringing an end to Vieri’s Nerazzurri career. "He just needs time to find some form even if I don’t know how long it will take," he added. "Let’s hope it is soon."

It will now be interesting to see whether Mancini decides to follow his employer’s advice.

Especially as Obafemi Martins, who netted twice yesterday, and Alvaro Recoba have impressed in recent games during substitute appearances.

Inter are next in action on Wednesday when they face Belgium giants Anderlecht in the Champions’ League.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    What the hell, Moratti started to think or what ???

H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

I was happy when I read this interview on inter.it. It means that we donīt ignore what is so obvious.

I for one hope Mancini will listen to Moratti and give Martins or Recoba the chance to partner Adriano up front. We donīt know when or if Vieri will get back to his own self. And we just canīt afford to wait anymore for him to finally score. IMO the best way to go for Vieri now is to regroup and channel his focus on something else than his personal scoring problems. Only way he can do that is if Mancini drops him and give the players in better form the chance from the start instead of Christian. Starting from Wednesday I hope.

On the other hand I was not happy to see Manciniīs interview. I donīt know if itīs just me but it seems to me Mancini is letting his heart blind his common sense over Vieri because itīs his friend. Am I way off?
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Jimmy
    Moratti should stay the hell out of the team-selection. Regardless if I agree with him or not. Itīs not Morattiīs job to decide which players that goes on the pitch.

This is alarming. Moratti intervening in the team-selection already.

Everyone has their own busines to do. Mancio has his project going on and right now heīs testing Vieri-Adriano. We all have seen it donīt work, at least yet.. but Moratti should stay away from this..

Btw, it is going to be interesting. Moratti has allways been the biggest admirer of Bobo..

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Moratti should stay the hell out of the team-selection. Regardless if I agree with him or not. Itīs not Morattiīs job to decide which players that goes on the pitch.

For crying out loud, let's not be so dramatic! The guy just stated the obvious, and if Mancini doesn't wake up I'd only be pleased to see Moratti giving him a slap to wake him up.

If Vieri starts against Anderlecht and Roma it would be a plain SCANDAL, Martins and Recoba are a must now.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Moratti's head contains brain.Good news!!!
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I agree. VIeri needs to be sold to Qatar or UAE immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy

For crying out loud, let's not be so dramatic! The guy just stated the obvious, and if Mancini doesn't wake up I'd only be pleased to see Moratti giving him a slap to wake him up.

If Vieri starts against Anderlecht and Roma it would be a plain SCANDAL, Martins and Recoba are a must now.
    I gotta agree with Francesco, heīs merely stating the obvious... This is not an intervention, itīs a freeking wake up slap!!

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I'm happy that Moratti said the obvious. Mancini should definately bench Vieri and let Martins and/or Recoba start. They are in form, Vieri isn't. Vieri has been ineffective as a starter while Recoba and Martins have been much more effective coming in as just subs. Its not a hard equation, its simply fact.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Oh I can't deci

I agree...Moratti is allowed to state his opinions. In this case though, its more like a fact, we have Chino and Martins who are doing much better than Vieri at the moment and yet he still makes it into the starting lineup. Its not fair to the rest...if Adriano was not on form then this would apply to him. Its nothing personal.

Besides, just by saying this Moratti is not telling Mancini what to do, but more like stating the obvious.
    TI AMO INTER

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    I strongly disagree with Moratti. You just do not go out and announce these kind of things to the public, shouldn't he know this by now? the media is quite possibly one of his worst enemies. They do nothing but haunt him for all his mistakes yet he continues to feed them crap. When is this moron of a president going to coach? As much as he's done for our club, it's legit to think he's done more harm than good.

I hate being so harsh on Moratti, but enough is enough. He's a grown man and should know what line he shouldn't cross, and this is way too much. How do you think Mancio feels being told from the press that his boss already is complaining about his choices? I'm quite sure that Mancini acknowledge that Bobo isn't on top form and he's going to have to do something about if this continues. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, let alone our president that has done countless amount of mistakes himself.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Moratti sounded like a baby for announcing his opinions on the entire Vieri matter, he should refrain from stating the obvious, "Vieri is not in form" as it will only depress an already gloomy player.

Though, as for Mancini, by allowing his friendship with Vieri to influence who the starting eleven are, this is no better than what his boss is doing.

-Jesse

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Moratti should have intervened on this one, which I completely agree. He should have just suggested Mancini and not order. But this wasn't the way to suggest Mancini, in interviews.

Jimmy
    I can not understand how you guys can support this. How do you think Mancini and Vieri reacted when they watched this TV-show and Mancini got to know that Moratti donīt like his team selection? And Vieri got to know that Moratti donīt want him to play?

Stating the obvious isnīt always the best thing. Do you walk up to a fat woman and says she is fat? No, you donīt.

This is not being dramatic and everything. This is knowlingly a typical Moratti move, which has more than once caused disharmony within the squad. Moratti has hired Mancini to select the team. Thatīs his job. If Moratti want to be a part of selecting the squad, he should coach the damn team. Right now he isnīt entitled to say such things, because it doesnīt lie within his duties.

It doesnīt matter if Moratti tells the truth, nothing good will come out of this. Just as much as nothing good will come out if Mancini tells Moratti what an idiotic move it was to release Canna for free.

moronatti does it again. He never keeps is mouth shut. I dont blame him cos its his moony. BUt then again we have seen and heard from him so many times about his idea of team selection that i think he should be the one coaching the team.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The failure of the partnership is soo obvious that even Moratti realized it and looks like Confucious from his wisdom when talking about it...

I agree with Moratti but i dont like that owners butt in the business of their coaches...If anyone else butts in Moratti's decisions in the last 5 years it would not end..Its better for the club that we keep these things inside it..Even if Moratti wants to suggest something he should go to Mancini and suggest it without us knowing and then Mancini makes up his own decision and we all respect it still...

HOWEVER, Moratti was asked about it in an interview and he is not one to shy away,he said what he wanted in a nice critical way...not offending i thought,what else could he say but the truth of what he feels as an Inter fan before being boss...If u compare what he said to what other rival team bosses butting in their coaches business it would diminish in comparison...

Take last year as an example..Milan boss critisized his coach after WINNING..
    Ziyad Of Boston

I would frankly be more worried if Facchetti said his opinion out loud. THAT would be a bad thing for Inter. Even considering the fact that it was brave of Moronatti to speak his mind we must remember that he owns the club and he is NOT our President anymore. Obviously he has most power but his position within the club is still different now that Facchetti is President of Inter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Obviously he has most power but his position within the club is still different now that Facchetti is President of Inter.
    Actually, I donīt see much difference..

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I find this a bit silly. Moratti said something that is clear to everyone, Mancini and Vieri included.

Don't make it sound like he said "Vieri is finished and I forbid Mancini to play him ever again".

He merely said that he's not in good form and that Inter needs to play strikers in better form. He added that Inter has plenty of strikers.

We should play Martins and Recoba even if Vieri was in good form and scored goals until now. He started ALL the matches up to now, it's time to use some other talents within our team.

Stikers such as Martins, who rarely waste any chances, are vital to us at the moment, this would change the way the team is going dramatically.

It's much easier to defend when you're in the lead. There's been a lot of criticism on our defenders, but our midfield can never help them out since we waste so many chances (or should I say: the player no 32 wastes so many chances) and we can hardly ever sit on a lead.

It's obvious, sensible, logical, reasonable to play Martins and Recoba instead of Vieri now. If Moratti needs to say it out loud to wake up Mr Mancini, then good job Massimo.

If Vieri takes offence, screw him. He needs to accept critics when they're more facts than opinions really.

Mancini takes offence? Screw him too, he should have played Martins and Chino more already, we're dropping points because of his failure to do so.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion