Page 256 of 261 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 5212

Thread: Inter's Financial Situation

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think we can all agree now that hiring Conte was a shitty-planned business.. regardless of the coach he is, and how we almost won the EL or fought for the Scudetto, it was a still risky move. A risk we cant get out of. We could be turning into selling one of our best players or even two.

Please dont even start with the Pandemic excuse.
    COVID-19 didn't exist when Conte was hired. "Unpredictable" might be an overused word but it applies to everything that has been impacted by COVID.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo View Post
    Okay.....

This sounds all pretty dire. If Inter cant even fulfil players salaries it sounds like the club can almost bankrupt. Yet, we signed players like Hakimi, Lukaku etc

If the board/execs can sign-off on such deals and yet knew the books were this bad its almost negligible.

What are the facts;

Is Inter broke or Suning?
    If Inter is broke, how long can their capital last? reading the comments and articles the impressions seems a month or two
    If Inter is broke, exec should be accountable and removed

As an Interista i'm pissed, we were on the road to being in a position where the club should be!!!
    Lukaku was signed 1,5 years ago, so that has nothing to do with current situation. We signed Hakimi in the summer, in June to be more precise. We can deduce that these CCP restrictions came only after that. Marotta had basically signed Tonali also, but then we just pulled the plug on that deal and told them/him to wait. We backed out of Kumbulla too. So there's a chance things changed in the background of the club between Hakimi signing and letting these young kids go instead of signing them. Then we just went really low spending transfers, dumped out Godin's salary to sign Vidal etc.

We haven't indeed paid salaries since JUNE. July and August salaries will be paid in February 16th. October, November and December salaries in June. All this is because there is simply no money in the club, apparently.

Really fucked up situation. We were indeed supposed to be the club who challenged Juventus finally. But now it ends up being only this season, then it's all very foggy in terms of what is going to happen next season. There's been pessimistic views in the media how we need to sell at least one big player in the summer to even finance our existence, with the new owners. But all this is super-early speculation.

3. Thanks (3): eduzee, Palacio, Ramdac

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's not like we're the only club in Italy that has these issues. We're just the only club with absent owners.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

5. Thanks (2): javier_zanetti <3, MVD

Fav. Player
    Romelu Lukaku

Belgium

Best Forum Newcomer Most Passionate Member
    So my understanding is that this is a liquidity and cash flow problem?

After the payments of Lukaku and partially Hakimi, the cash flow in the club was very low. With Chinese government restrictions making it almost impossible to implement new cash into Inter + Covid eradicating every kind of matchday and broadcasting rights, the cash flow never changed. Still 0 liquidity. This is why we are opting to sell players first. Because else we don't even have the cash to pay our own players' wages.

If this is the case, at least Suning is doing the right thing selling a minority or majority stake in the club. This way our players will be paid.
    Last edited by FairyTailed; 16 Jan 21 at 20:10. Reason: typo

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

10 years of FIF
    Real bad timing for this mess to be going on, but definitely not surprising. We've been going through this shit for years. Can't even pay our players salaries or Hakimi payment? Jesus christ. We play Juventus tomorrow in a hotly contested title race. Interested in seeing how these next few weeks play out.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTailed View Post
    So my understanding is that this is a liquidity and cash flow problem?

After they payments of Lukaku and partially Hakimi, the cash flow in the club was very low.
    We haven't paid much for Hakimi yet, only a standard fee. Probably something like 2m or something as down payment. With Lukaku we probably paid 25m already, there's still over 50m to go.

They don't have much to do with the cash flow issues.

Fav. Player
    Romelu Lukaku

Belgium

We also paid the big instalments for Barella and Sensi.

Anyway, it seems most logical that the issue is available cash. Else we wouldn't have to postpone player wage payments either.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    We is broke

Last edited by Bluenine; 16 Jan 21 at 21:30.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    We haven't actually paid anything for Hakimi yet. Inter didn't pay the first installment of Hakimi transfer which was due in December. They have reportedly found an agreement with Real to postpone the payment till March.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

13. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Romelu Lukaku

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    We haven't actually paid anything for Hakimi yet. Inter didn't pay the first installment of Hakimi transfer which was due in December. They have reportedly found an agreement with Real to postpone the payment till March.
    I mean sure, I was just being exemplatory and forgot to even mention the Barella and Sensi end of loan payments. The thing is, all clubs in financial problems mediated for pay cuts - not for pay delay. Or well, a temporary 100% paycut.

It just shows there is no cash available. Can't think of any other reason.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTailed View Post
    It just shows there is no cash available. Can't think of any other reason.
    It is a cash issue. Not sure why you sound so surprised by this.

Fav. Player
    Romelu Lukaku

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It is a cash issue. Not sure why you sound so surprised by this.
    I think you're reading things that aren't there.

Canada

I say withhold Conte’s pay first for failing to qualify for round of 16 CL

18. Thanks (3): eduzee, NimAraya, _OC_

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Thoyhoy View Post
    Am I the only one feeling that this club is kind of... dead? Wages not being paid, no new signings despite fighting for the scudetto, club possibly being sold to some fund. (we all know that the only thing they are interested in is turning things around and getting a profit) With how things are looking right now I believe that we have some very though years ahead of us, we are most probably back to fighting for 4th spot. This is especially infuriating when you take into account the trajectory our city rivals are having. Who would have thought this during the summer of 2018.
    Yeah, its so dead its about to be sold for more than double what it was worth 4 years ago.

20. Thanks (1): javier_zanetti <3

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Serbia

I must admit when I saw the news of Inter changing name and logo, first thought was this is because we are broke and we will register a new company. Looks like that is not the case.

But anyway we are broke now with Suning, and I will be happy if we don't have more Chinese owners. With their political system it's painful really for any sport organization outside of China with owners from there.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Having a Marxist dictatorship decide how our owners spend the funds just isn’t working. Get me a vain and unethical capitalist owner and be done with it.

Fav. Player
    Roberto Baggio

Indonesia

I expect crazy rich arabian will buy INTER...

United States

10 years of FIF
    Does anyone know anything about BC Partners and how they operate? What are we in for here? Years of austerity and turning into Arsenal? Or will we be able to continue to spend prudently like under Suning?

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Does anyone know anything about BC Partners and how they operate? What are we in for here? Years of austerity and turning into Arsenal? Or will we be able to continue to spend prudently like under Suning?
    There is no precedent in such an investment so it's all speculation.

They are a fund, nothing like Arsenal. And not similar to Suning either. Not so similar to the Milan situation either.

Will depend if they close the deal on an LBO (very likely) or in an outright acquisition (not so likely). So it will look more like Manchester United 15 years ago. So a hunch says that they may be banking on Serie A or Inter at least (new era, possibility of Superleagues and shit like that) to become a much larger brand over the years and either sell higher or cash in the profits.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

seeing that evergrande paid debtors early, and jack ma reappearing, ive got a hunch that suning will do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Conte
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Still positive that by winning the Scudetto, we can get rid of the guy.