Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Champions League revenue breakdown for Inter

Champions League revenue breakdown for Inter

Source

A team that competed in the UEFA Champions League group stage is likely to receive a minimum amount of €7.1m according to the revenue distribution system in place for the 2009/10 campaign.

Each of the 32 clubs in the group stage will receive a participation bonus of €3.8m plus a match bonus of €550,000 per group game played. On top of this, performance bonuses will be paid: €800,000 for every win and €400,000 for every draw in the group stage.

From there, the 16 teams that reached the first knockout round will each collect €3m, the eight quarter-finalists €3.3m apiece, and the four semi-finalists €4m each. The winners of the final in Madrid on 22 May will pocket €9m and the runners-up €5.2m. It follows, then, that any side winning all six group-stage games would be entitled to €11.9m, a figure that would rise immediately to €14.9m because that side would be qualified for the last 16.

This season a fixed amount of €413.1m has been destined for clubs in the UEFA Champions League from the group stage onwards and in the UEFA Super Cup. FC Barcelona, as winners of the 2009 UEFA Super Cup, picked up €2.5m and runners-up FC Shakhtar Donetsk €2m. UEFA's distribution system is based on a projected figure for the gross commercial revenue created by the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League and the 2009 UEFA Super Club. UEFA encourages all clubs to adopt a prudent approach in budgeting anticipated income.

Some €55m has been allocated exclusively to the UEFA Champions League play-off round, meaning each of the 20 clubs participating in the play-offs could expect a fixed amount of €2.1m. As in the 2006-09 cycle, €10.3m will also have been reserved for solidarity payments to teams eliminated in the qualifying phase of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

Seventy-five per cent of the total revenue from media rights and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530m, will go to the clubs. The remaining 25 per cent will be reserved for European football and remain with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs and solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.

Eighty-two per cent of any revenue in excess of €530m will go to the clubs, with the remaining 18 per cent benefiting UEFA and European football as explained above. Furthermore, 6.5 per cent will be deducted from the gross share of participating clubs for distribution to clubs not participating in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League but from leagues with one representative or more in the UEFA Champions League play-offs or group stage.

The estimated available amount for the television market pool – €337.8m – will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part from the group stage onwards. A given national association's share will be split between its participating clubs according to these clubs' performances in the previous domestic league season and also in proportion to the number of matches that each of the teams plays in the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.
    Even if we don't win we have the extra funds to look forward to

Fav. Player
    ΙverMirandaGag

Hungary

We have got so far

7,1 million for group stage
    +1,6 million for 2 victory in group
    +1,2 m for 3 draws in group
    +3 m for ROund of 16
    +3,3 for Quarterfinal
    +4 m for semi-final
    That is total 20,2 million.

And we will get a huge sum from UEFA from the "market pool" named source. (Last year we got more than 18 million just from this source and a total of 274,8 m euros was given to the 32 team of the group stage according to certain things)

+this will be the 4th full-house Meazza this season in CL, last year there was only one.

Enough to fund a superstar player buy in the summer? I hope so

How much revenue do we get from Serie A in comparison? I have a feeling this is how teams like Barca can make La Liga 2nd priority over CL.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Plus the revenue from media outlets will boost our $$$ big time...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Enough to fund a superstar player buy in the summer? I hope so

How much revenue do we get from Serie A in comparison? I have a feeling this is how teams like Barca can make La Liga 2nd priority over CL.
    Why a superstar? We don't need that. Mou has learnt from mistakes at Chelsea that we need team players, good ones, but team players. Guys like Diego, Thiago, Eto'o not fuckin I-ams like Zlatan who only give a fuck about themselves.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa θ una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!

I didn't mean that.

I just meant a high quality player who can really improve the team.

By the way, in 07/08 Inter's revenue was 172.9m, but the next year it went up to 196.5 Source

I hope operating costs stay the same so we can make major bank this year. Other interesting statistics in 08/09-

Champions League TV revenue: 28.3m euros.
    Matchday revenue 28.2m euros (average of 1.1m per game. Arsenal make 5-6m per game thanks to their stadium).
    Nike sponsorship money: 18.1m
    Pirelli: 9.3m

Broadcasting revenue (including Uefa Champs League): 115.7m
    Commercial revenue: 52.6m
    Matchday: 28.2m

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Interista Gallese View Post
    Why a superstar? We don't need that. Mou has learnt from mistakes at Chelsea that we need team players, good ones, but team players. Guys like Diego, Thiago, Eto'o not fuckin I-ams like Zlatan who only give a fuck about themselves.
    LOL calm down man... You dont want a star like Fabregas? He will help the team but also sell a shit load of jerseys... Ibra did that for us aswell u realise...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Actually this is the strategy of Real Madrid and Barca.

Star power of the players combined with success in Europe. Their stadiums are always full so matchday income is great. Their TV/broadcasting revenues are enormous. They sell a lot of merchandise too.

As a result, Real Madrid made 400 million euros last season. Double that of Inter.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Interesting facts here, thanks Victory. I wonder how much we can make if we build our own stadium.
    F.C. Internazionale Milano

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina

Fav. Player
    ΙverMirandaGag

Hungary

Champions League TV revenue: 28.3m euros.
    Matchday revenue 28.2m euros
    Nike sponsorship money: 18.1m
    Pirelli: 9.3m

Broadcasting revenue (including Uefa Champs League): 115.7m
    Commercial revenue: 52.6m
    Matchday: 28.2m
    This season we will have lot more CL-money, coming from the performance (last season was 9,4, and this season 20,2 so far!! that's almost 11 million surplus) and we got more than 18 millions from market pool, im sure this season will be much much more, seeing all the UEFA-moneys are higher.

Matchday revenue will increase due to the higher average attendance (in Serie A) and the 4 full stadium in CL vs 1 last season.

Broadcasting revenue will be about the same, i think. and probably the nike-pirelli deals will be the same, dont think there is seasonal increasing.

so this season we will be far over 200, that's sure.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Fantastic info Victory,thanx
    Ziyad Of Boston

No problem folks. I see a few people mentioning the market-pool.

If anyone has a source for it I'd love to see.

Fav. Player
    ΙverMirandaGag

Hungary

Here comes this official UEFA-pdf:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...7_DOWNLOAD.pdf

you can see the numbers on the page 6

+

The Market Pool
    Apart from bonus payments, clubs also receive money from the market pool, which makes up 40% of the money UEFA allocated for the Champions League or Europa League respectively. The money from this pool is paid out to the clubs in relation to factors like the amount the club’s home market contributed to the market pool, how far the club advanced in the competition in relation to other clubs from the same league and so on and so on. In case of the old UEFA Cup it’s also worth pointing out that UEFA’s central marketing didn’t kick in until the quarterfinal stage, so only clubs that participated from this stage onwards were paid out. On the other hand, clubs were free to market themselves in the early stages and ideally earn good money from TV rights (large fanbase, attractive draw permitting). The new Europa League is marketed centrally from the group stage onwards.

I'm trying to make sense of that. Inter got 18m from the market pool, Bayern got 21m, Eindhoven got 19m, Real Madrid 10m, Barca 8m.

So the gross amount set aside for market pool is ~40% of total budget.

The payout is based on how many Inter's fans tune in to watch them in Europe.
    How far Inter go compared to other Italian clubs.

Fav. Player
    Sneijder, Julio

Belgium

Actually this is the strategy of Real Madrid and Barca.

Star power of the players combined with success in Europe. Their stadiums are always full so matchday income is great. Their TV/broadcasting revenues are enormous. They sell a lot of merchandise too.

As a result, Real Madrid made 400 million euros last season. Double that of Inter.
    Also as a result of that, they have been sucking cock ever since 2000. Especially in CL. What is the point in being one of the richest clubs in the world if you get humiliated year after year for almost a decade now?

Would I trade domestic and european success for money? Never! That would only make you a cheap whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    Also as a result of that, they have been sucking cock ever since 2000. Especially in CL. What is the point in being one of the richest clubs in the world if you get humiliated year after year for almost a decade now?

Would I trade domestic and european success for money? Never! That would only make you a cheap whore.
    Being trophy-oriented to the point of making financial losses is unsustainable.

Chelsea started off that way. First season or two of Abramovic's ownership they spent big money. The owner will eventually become broke...

The club will return to mediocrity without constantly pumping money in. Even if Real don't win anything in 10 years, they have the name and the players. People fill stadiums every matchday. They have the legacy and the legendary status as well.

With all the money they are making they can easily win in Europe if they have the right coach and give him the freedom.

Fav. Player
    Sneijder, Julio

Belgium

Being trophy-oriented to the point of making financial losses is unsustainable.

Chelsea started off that way. First season or two of Abramovic's ownership they spent big money. The owner will eventually become broke...

The club will return to mediocrity without constantly pumping money in. Even if Real don't win anything in 10 years, they have the name and the players. People fill stadiums every matchday. They have the legacy and the legendary status as well.

With all the money they are making they can easily win in Europe if they have the right coach and give him the freedom.

I still beg to differ. I didn't say go all the way trophy-oriented to the point of financial chaos. No, there has to be a balance between both. Barcelona is the best example here. Chelsea are a joke so they are not wroth even being mentioned.

What Real are doing is really bad from a footballing point of view and their fans are being blinded with Superstars being thrown in their faces, thus making them disregard the miserable way in which their club has been failing domestically and in Europe for almost a decade.

As for your last paragraph, they have the money but they spend it badly, REALLY badly. They are building teams of superstars instead of proper teams. Teams of superstars are just 11 individuals running around with huge egos and fat paychecks. That team will very very rarely mount to any real success, no matter what coach from outer space is in charge of them.

So to sum up, I think Madrid are doing it totally wrong and at this rate their fans will realize it as well sooner or later. I mean, how many more humiliations do they still need to see that? I just hope Inter will never adopt such a style (again?).

On the other hand you gotta love Madrid's stupidity when selling (or giving away for free) players. I'll drink to that

Crazy the amount of money in this competition lol. No wonder the rich get stronger and the poor get weaker. Unhealthy balance in european football now imo. You realisically have about 10 clubs max from Italy, England and Spain who you'd expect can win Champs League, any winners outside that would be a massive shock now.

In the 90s we had 3 thriving european competitions, now we have one and it doesn't get juicy til last 16 at the earliest usually
    Half the lies you tell ain't true

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter
    OH I CAN SMELL THE MONEY NOW: SOMEONE SHOULD TELL ME IF THIS DOESN'T SPELL NEW PLAYERS AND MAYBE MOTIVATION TO GET A NEW STADIUM!?
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    UEFA awards €3 million to each team that qualifies for the UEFA Champions League, plus €2.4 million for participating in the Group stage. A win in the campaign is worth €600,000 and a draw is worth €300,000.
    In addition, UEFA pays each quarter finalist €2.5 million, €3 million for each semi-finalist, €4 million for the runners-up and €7 million for the winners

For Inter:

€3million - qualified for Champions League

From Group Stage:
    €2.4million - participation
    €0.9million - 3 draws
    €1.2million - 2 wins

From Last 16:
    €1.2million - 2 wins

From Quarter-Final:
    €2.5 million - qualification
    €1.2 million - 2 wins

From Semi-Final:
    €3 million - qualification
    €0.6 million - 1 win

From Final:
    €4 / €7 million - Runners-up / Winner

So, in total it is around - €20 million / €23 million (2nd / 1st)

Wow, that is only for the match fees and tons of € would be coming from the sponsors and broadcast, etc etc ....