Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best and The rest

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

The Best and The rest

We did this last season so by now u all know how it goes..I took this idea from one of the websites and posted their column on the best 11 of the week and the worst in SerieA but i dont think they do that anymore so i would like to post mine(from what i have seen) and hope to see your lists or where u agree and disagree ...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

The Best...

Martins - came and proved that keeping him on the bench as a sub for anyone is a mistake..Saved 1 point for Inter TWICE !!

Shevshenko- This is definately his year looking good with every outing no matter who partners him he makes them look good in the process of him looking good.

Zaccardo- To be the first to score on Juve is special when they didnt concede at all...Hopefully he opened the floodgates...

Mourad Meghni- This kid lead his team to 3 goals in the first half against ROma!!

Veron- Just provides and provides for Inter upfront...his touches are simply beautiful just to look it if nothing else.

Zambrotta- If there is one player i envy Juve for its this guy,if he doesnt have a good game its a solid over average one.

Cuoto- Listen up cuz this is the first and possibly the last time he is on this list if i am writing it...He lead the defence to keep Milan silent for 70+ minutes and if it wasnt for the effort of Sheva they would have won,did i mention he scored on Milan

Bjelanovic- I forgot to mention him earlier but this guy is one of the players behind Lecce's early success.

Nesta-Solid as always,right now the best part of what is supposedly the best defence on paper,but isnt totally clicking.

Frey- It seems every goalie playing against us has a good game and because i havent seen all the games i nominated him..

I hope i came close and i have to say i didnt watch all the games so i couldnt include ppl i didnt see...Plus the list isnt 11 players so feel free to add 1 player that u thought i missed...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

The worst...(not 11 just those that caught my attention)

Vieri- GOing through the worst drought that i have seen him go through,i luv this guy but he cant buy a goal..Best thing to rest him abit take pressure off and pair him with someone other than Adriano or Cruz.

Manini- U might not know the name but he is the guy who scored when the keeper was on the floor..It might not be his entire fault,the ref and the reaction by Brecia is to blame but i chose him as a symbol to the whole situation.

Stan- I am not being hard on the guy i like him but i thought maybe playing on the left or being tired affected him,was only good for brief moments in the end...He set a high standard which on that day didnt live up to it. He is still a favorite though.

Totti- U might think he was awesome and the only bright spot of Roma's game was him along with his breathtaking goal..I agree with that part BUT he was seeking fouls intentionally and once again did an aweful thing by intentionally stepping on Bologna's player...Very unsportsmanship behavior once again from a Roma player.

Favalli- Didnt handle the situation we conceded the goal from very well,he was at fault big time..

Cordoba- Even though i still feel more comfortable with him in the lineup he isnt the same old...is he ??

Toldo- He didnt do such a solid job either..

Worst thing about this week was the ref from Roma-Bologna.He gave easy yellow cards for Bologna players,then followed them up with second yellow=REDs for stupid fouls...He also cancelled a 100% goal that Bologna scored because it was offside(maybe the assisstant blew that one but still). He also failed to see Totti's malicious foul which in itself deserved a red.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

Those of you that will read this (if anyone) will know that my picks this week are bitter sweet and depend on the matches i saw...

The Best...

Buffon...No goals !! What else is there to say,whether its him or the defence he isnt conceding...

Canna...Another good display which deepens my wounds as why the hell did we let him go..He also saved a goal.

Nesta..I just wonder what mighty Milan defence might look without him and right now i really think despite the big names they have at the back that they will trully miss him if that happens.

Totti..I hate t say it but his goal was superb. In the second half he dominated while all other players disappeared even the might in the first half Mancini...U know he is going to be dangerous and still he cant be stopped..WHat irritated me is that he fell too easily and did begged for every damn thing to be a foul,i would think he is irritating to be on the opposing team for those antics alone.

Cambiasso..Fantastic performance. With Veron and Stan in midfield he was the one that was showing class and fighting spirit and taking the initiative,before his goal Inter looked sick and he breathed lifed into them once again

Mancini..Tortured JZ..Never have i seen our captain in such a bad state since that home game to Arsenal

Davids..Thankfully he was there to save the day for JZ..

Zola..What a performance,lead his team to a beautiful one scoring and setting up a goal besides many other chances,he was really a joy to watch (u wouldnt believe he is 38 maybe..)

Sheva..Once again i said it,this is his year no doubt,hope he gets out of form especially before we play against them with this defence of ours..

DiNapoli..I didnt watch this whole game but from the highlights he did really well and scored twice..Definately a good week for him.

Please excuse the fact that i havent seen all matches and let me know what u think.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Only 2 defenders?

Mesto, an Italian U-21 right winger, caught my eye in the Milan - Reggina game.

Handyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    Canna...Another good display which deepens my wounds as why the hell did we let him go..He also saved a goal.
    no he didn't it was offside allready...

Anyway, I can't believe that you dropped out De Sanctis, he was superb agaist us! Damn if that Appiah's shot would have gone in...

Bahrain

Thanx for ur replies fellas...Once again i have to remind u that i didnt watch all games and wrote about what caught my eye the most. Probably if a player has to do with Inter i might watch him or notice him more...Thats why i need ur feedback to make the list more objective,because my notes alone will make it very biased...

So Please feel free to criticize
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

Finally after taking that week off SerieA is back..To me that week was like a month.What a week for us Inter fans though...I was thinking of just putting one name for this weeks BEST list and u all know what name that is,because everyone else pailed in comparison.

Here goes...THE BEST.

GoalKeeper position was really hard to pick.Marchegianni was really good and helped his 10 men team win with some excellent saves,so was Antoniolly and Zotti but in the end i have to say Lecce's SISIGNANO was the best taking into consideration the quality he showed...(U can tell i watched a whole program on the goalie's this week)

Burdisso simply shined in our game and was looking like he was more comfortable. His performance was good except for a slip away from play that could have lead to a goal.

DiBiagio..He had a wonderful performance and scored a nice goal from a free kick and the team that looked shaky at the begining came back from being 1 down to win 3-1 thanks to his performance.

Ferrari..Also looked quite good in his game in which his team didnt concede a goal for once,it seems DelNegri touches areshowing on the back line of the team

Emerson..He is the reason that Nedved can have more freedom and in this game u can see his effect despite the game lacking alot of exciting moments.

Pirlo..Our ex player saved Milans butts by his strike as that was the only goal that gave them the three points..He also came close with an exact similar effort later on.

Dacourt..Also responsible for making Totti have a more offensive role and that was showing in this game along with giving Roma a clean sheet.

Totti-Superb as usual and can change any game at any time if he keeps his head in it.

Montella..6 goals already plus a nice assist this week,he looks to be serious in challenging for the scoring title this year and with Totti and Cassano playing along side i think he will be there till the end.

ADRIANOOO....WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!!! I thought he should be rested for this game but look at what we would be missing. The first goal was enough to get him on this list as it was more than 30 yards away.The second goal would put him on any list at any point in time as he ran all that distance and had a couple of defenders around him and still struck it into the net from 16 yards maybe..All this and he was jetlagged as he arrived a day earlier from Brazil...

Vieri- After getting his first goal in such a long time i thought he must jin the list..My hope is that when it rains it pours.His celebration as if something was lifted off all the Inter fans chests..Simply touching if nothing else.I am happy for him
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

adriano may show on your list more often from now on
    -----------------------

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by cool_emre
    adriano may show on your list more often from now on
    If i wasnt trying to be objective i would only put his name 11 times..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

From Goal.com
    =============================
    Tactical Formation: 3-4-3

Goalkeeper

Sicignano It’s not easy to be a keeper in Zeman’s squads, and the Lecce number one experienced this at Parma. However he did extremely well to keep his team in the game until Gilardino’s last gasp strike.

Defenders

Maldini Immense. In the day he celebrated his 20 year-long Serie A career he returned to play as left back and produced one of his finest performances of the season.

De Rosa The Inter forwards did little at the Granillo, mainly because of the great match produced by this sometimes inconsistent defender’s

Franceschini Together with team-mate De Rosa, he held the Serie A’s best attack scoreless. Helped out also on offense when he had the chance.

Midfielders

Corini Palermo’s best player on the pitch in their mighty win at Lazio.

Vigiani The Livorno player is slowly starting to resemele his new coach, the great Roberto Donadoni.

Kaka Finally the Brazilian was able to crown a good match with a much needed goal.

Tedesco Came off the bench and played for two once Reggina went down a man against Inter.

Forwards

Zola Scored an amazing goal against Juventus, with his head! An extraordinary player.

Shevchenko Since he won the Ballon D’Or the Ukrainian striker has all of a sudden transformed himself into an assist-man. Mind you, he hasn’t forgotten how to score goals. Just ask Udinese.

Montella Another two goals for the Aeroplane, the second being an absolute masterpiece. Just one word to describe the Roma striker in this moment: Top-Scorer.

Coach

Guidolin After a difficult December, Palermo are back on the edge of the Champions League zone.
    ============================================

For the first time no Inter player is on this list and I cant argue much with that...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

FROM GOAL.COM

Goalkeeper

Peruzzi Lazio lost at home to Samp, but the veteran keeper's saves avoided a humiliating scoreline for the Biancocelesti.

Defenders

Falcone The leader of Sampdoria’s defense, one of the best and most consistent backlines of the entire Serie A tournament.

Galante The Livorno veteran defender demonstrated he can still play at the highest levels with an almost perfect game against mighty AC Milan.

Mandelli Inter’s offense did little, while the Chievo central defender not only contained Vieri and Martins, but also found the net in the majestic San Siro.

Midfielders

Passoni The Russian experience did well for this relatively unknown Livorno midfielder. Won almost all the midfield battles with Ambrosini and Gattuso on Sunday.

Tedesco His great final minutes as sub against Inter last weekend convinced Reggina coach Mazzarri to give him a starting role against Udinese. A perfect decision.

Paredes Together with Tedesco he totally nullified what only two weeks ago was considered to be the best midfield in the Italian Serie A.

Maresca If all of the Fiorentina players performed as well as this young midfielder, Buso would still be the Viola’s coach, and the team would be sitting in Champions League territory. If…that is.

Forwards

Bonazzoli Played his best game of the season at Udine, where for once he was also able to find the net at the end of a spectacular team effort.

Cassano Roma’s Peter Pan did everything right against Fiorentina. Not only did he score; he ran, assisted, and defended. When he plays well, he is simply irresistible.

Lucarelli The soul of Livorno. Even though he failed to score against Milan, he’s the won that fed the winning mentality to the rest of his team-mates. A true warrior.

Coach

Mazzari Reggina have being climbing the table week after week without getting much credit. Time to applaud the great work done by the former Livorno coach
    ==============================================

Let me add to the list of the rest...

Favalli was horrible didnt manage to do anything when Inter needed crosses from him.
    Nesta: It wasnt the foul that got him the red card but probably a stupid thing he said,which cost Milan his efforts in that game they lost and another game where they will be without their best defender.
    Stan: Despite his better than average perfomances lately,he could have scored the goal that would have changed that whole Inter game scenario,but he shot over the wide open goal.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Great to see Reggina players and the coach

Bahrain

Serie A Round 26: The Best Eleven
    3/1/2005 3:29:00 PM
    Here goes the Goal.com Serie A team of the week for the twenty sixth round of matches.

Goalkeeper

Dida: How important is a keeper for a club? Just think what Arsenal and Roma could have achieved this season with Dida in the place of Lehmann and Pelizzoli.

Defenders

Cordoba: Besides Kakà’s winning strike, Milan’s offense was absent throughout the entire derby,

Nesta: Precise, alert, and confident. The Inter strikers never got by him.

Cassetti: Call him Itay’s Cafu.

Midfielders

Tonetto: Sampdoria can start dreaming of the Champions League thanks to his winning strike.

Muntari: Finally Udinese’s Ghanaian midfielder was able to score his first Serie A goal. The icing on the cake for one of the best youngsters of the season.

Zauli: Since he returned from injury, Palermo have been one of the best teams in Italy, and now they are dreaming of Europe.

Nakamura: His freekick masterpiece sealed off a vital win for the Calabresi.

Forwards

Miccoli: Too bad the rest of his team-mates can’t live up to his standards. Fiorentina wouldn’t be close to the drop if they did.

Del Piero: A brace for Pinturicchio against Siena. Is he on the right road again? Let’s wait for Juve’s next two games before giving a final answer.

Zola: Finally the Magic Box is back in top shape again. Against Atalanta he displayed his entire repertoire of tricks.

Coach

Guidolin: Luckily for the Palermo fans, Zamparini decided not to sack the former Bologna boss last December

====================

I thought Veron and CZ and also Miha (at least one) would be on the list as they were nothing short of superb in the derby..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    Serie A Round 26: The Best Eleven

Cordoba: Besides Kakà’s winning strike, Milan’s offense was absent throughout the entire derby,

Nesta: Precise, alert, and confident. The Inter strikers never got by him.

The thought that we could've had them side by side is painful. Again, I break a promise that I took upon myself, not to forget the fact that we almost got Nesta.

Ahh...cursed even in the transfer market.

Bahrain

Serie A Round 32: The Best Eleven
    4/21/2005 6:59:00 PM
    Here goes Goal.com's Serie A team of the week for the 30th round of matches.

Goalkeeper

Toldo : Inter’s best player on the pitch against Juventus. After two horrible seasons, he’s slowly returning to his 'better days' levels of form.

Defenders

Dainelli: Confirmed to be one of the few pleasent surprises of Fiorentina’s season against Messina.

Bonera: Against Sampdoria the Parma defender demonstrated why he’s a regular starter of the Italian national team.

D’Anna : Produced a fantastic defensive performance againt Milan. Chievo’s Stam.

Midfielders

Gasbarroni: Last year he was being indicated by the Italian media as one of the Serie A ‘s hottest prospects, but failed to make an impact at Palermo earlier this year. Now he’s back with coach Novellino at Samp, and things are going much better.

Cambiasso : Inter’s most consistent and important player of the season. Another huge transfer blunder by Real Madrid.

Wome : His Roberto Carlos style free-kick helped Brescia earn a precious draw at Palermo. A great winter signing by the Rondinelle.

D’Aversa: Without his amazing midfield performances Siena would have never been able to defeat both Milan and AS Roma in the space of four days.

Forwards

Maccarone: The former Boro striker scored the goal that opened the way for Siena’s glorious win in the Olimpico.

Toni : Two more goals in what is turning out to be an amazing season for Palermo’s front-man. If he continues like this Palermo can really make it into the Champions League.

Cruz: Punished Juve in Turin for the second time in the space of a year. Inter have rarely lost games when Mancini gave him the nod.

Coach

De Canio: Transformed Siena after taking the Tuscan minnows over back in January.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Bahrain

Serie A's Heroes And Villains: Round 33
    4/25/2005 5:09:00 PM
    Let us take a look at who were the heroes and villains of Italian football in this past week.
    HEROES

Julio Cruz
    The Argentinean striker is an unsung hero who was supposed to leave the club in January. He was thought to be a useless addition to an Inter squad which was packed with attackers. However, injuries have reduced the number of available attackers for the Nerazzurri and Cruz was presented with the opportunity of showcasing his skills, something which he did, also succeeding in scoring important goals and with consistency. He is not an Adriano, but he is definitely a great back-up and the Inter management should think twice before selling him this summer.

Atalanta
    The Bergamaschi were already dead and buried back in January and their management decided to dispose of the biggest names (Albertini and Pazzini on top) so at least to prepare for Serie B football with a bit of spending money available. Incredibly enough the team started playing better and if Serie A football had started in February, Atalanta would be in the top places, fighting for a Champions League position. Well done, too bad it probably comes too late.

Serie A
    Yes, Serie A is one of our heroes for this week. Reason? This season proved to us that the Italian league is probably the most balanced and interesting from all European leagues. When you compare it to all the other top leagues, it is the only one in which ALL teams are involved in something and by the looks of it, it will go on till the end of the season. Most boring league? Only for those who do not follow it.

VILLAINS

Francesco Totti
    Who else? This man is supposed to lead his team through thick and thin yet he easily falls victim of taunts and instigations by his opponents. His reactions have been extremely stupid at times, but last Wednesday’s punch at a Siena player takes the cake. It is true that the Giallorossi’s situation is unsustainable, but punching an opponent and thus being suspended for more matches does not help the cause of the team. Will he ever learn?

Palermo
    The team was flying high up till some weeks ago, but recent results have brought Palermo back on earth as their Champions League dream has vanished completely following their defeat at Bergamo. Still, the fans and football lovers should applaud this newly promoted side for achieving so much, as Guidolin will be guiding the Sicilian team to an unexpected but deserved Uefa Cup place.

Roma Fans
    Not for violence this time, but for driving Delneri to quit Roma. Conti’s results have proved that the former Chievo coach was not the main culprit for their terrible season, on the contrary, he managed to achieve a lot with the squad he had at his disposal, where at one point Roma were even in contention for the fourth place. Now the squad has plummeted towards the bottom places, something which maybe Delneri’s stay might have prevented.

HEROES / VILLAINS

Sky
    Video evidence has nailed Ibrahimovic and this did not go down too well with Juventus. Obviously, opposing fans did not mind this at all, especially Milan ones, cheering Sky Italia for providing the television images to suspend the Swedish forward for three games. On the other hand, the Bianconeri have angrily reacted to this, seeing the satellite television station as the villain of the situation. Depending on your football faith, Sky can be considered as either hero or vaillain.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    =================================

I definately agree on Cruz...He is a keeper,what a man to have as a backup..With our squad probably getting rid of 1 striker he should get even more playing time...

As for SerieA this was my view all along as much as EPL has improved it doesnt cut it compared to SerieA,plus the LaLiga's small teams arent as good as our small teams and there big teams are fewer too..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Serie A has been great this season, incredible results, exciting teams and memorable games. I just hope that Juve relegate one year, and then we have an exciting and somewhat fair league.

Bahrain

Serie A Round 35: The Best Eleven
    5/11/2005 7:45:00 PM
    Here goes Goal.com's Serie A team of the week for the 35th round of matches

Goalkeeper

Guardalben: The Palermo keeper demonstrated to be one of the best in his role against Cagliari as his saves earned an important point for the rosa-nero.

Defenders

Serginho: His entrance onto the pitch gave new life to Milan, even though the Rossoneri still failed to level the score. Surely, Milan’s most on-form player of the moment, but will Ancelotti start him against Liverpool?

Cannavaro: What a nice match for Canna against Milan. Held the Milan offense at bay throughout the ninety minutes, and was about to score Juve’s second with one of his powerful headers

Tudor : Siena’s climate worked miracles for the Croatian star. After a few tormented seasons at Juve, the tall defender seems born again.

Midielders

Bernardini : What a grand goal for the Atalanta captain, whose courage and determination is helping the Nerazzurri maintain their hopes of staying in the top flight.

Pizzarro : Another great game for the Chile international. At the end the season Europe’s top clubs will all be contending for his golden services.

Vergassola: Two goals for the former Torino star in Siena’s six goal-feast against Livorno.

Diana: The Samp wing was able to express all his offensive qualities against Zeman’s Lecce. If he improves his defensive skills he could make it to Germany 2006… if the Azzurri make it!

Forwards

Miccoli: Scored a fantastic free-kickgoal in what was Fiorentina’s most important game of the season. Without the support of their ‘little man’ Fiorentina would already be mathematically relegated.

Del Piero: Played his best game of the season against AC Milan. His was the magnificent assist that allowed Trezeguet to open the score. However these games must become the rule, not the exception, if ‘Pinturicchio’ wants to regain his lost status of world-class football player.

Flachi: For once the Sampdoria forward failed to find the target, but this didn’t stop him from demonstrating he’s the real leader of the Champions League bound Blu-cerchiati.

Coach

Capello-Hats-off to Don Fabio as Juve are bound for their 28th Scudetto despite all the difficulties they were forced to endure in the latter part of this season.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pizzaro makes me salivate with his performances,Canna makes me cry.

Why the hell wasnt Martins on that list,2 goals and an assist.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Why does it take them 3 days to publish this? Before it was done on Monday.

And whoever chose Canna, forgot to add that he should've been sent off, for pushing Sheva twice and blocking a shot with his hand.

And yes, why isn't Martins there? Great insight