Thread: Luca Castelazzi

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Luca Castelazzi

Considering this seems to be a done deal it deserves its own thread. There have been rumors for months now so it seems very likely. He has apparently agreed a two year deal with an option for a third. He arrives on a free transfer.

With toldo getting too old I reckon its a decent move. No point getting someone like viviano as second keeper when he will hardly developed when not playing due to jc.

http://translate.google.com/translat...08&sl=it&tl=en
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    From what I hear Toldo's going to take some role within the club so good for him I hope he ends his career on a high and if you weren't under a rock yesterday I think you know what I'm talking about

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    From what I read, Toldo was supposed to be our third keeper to which he wasn't happy but then might accept if he is given a role up there later on.

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    I like Luca, so I'm happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh View Post
    From what I read, Toldo was supposed to be our third keeper to which he wasn't happy but then might accept if he is given a role up there later on.
    Exactly.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Sneijd

If Toldo will possibly become our third goalkeeper, what is happening with Orlandoni? Is he retiring? Or have Inter decided not to renew his contract?

He is a good goalkeeper, a solid backup, but isn't he a bit old? At 34, I personally might have just kept Toldo as second choice, and maybe began introducing a young GK into the squad for future years...

Or better yet I would have settled for Viviano instead of Castelazzi...he's younger and very good as well...

Although I don't see much reasoning in this acquisition, I hope he will be a solid player for us
    In Jose We Trust
    ==Veni, vidi, vici==

--18--

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Viviano would hardly play if he came to inter as the second goalkeeper. JC still has quite a few years as first choice left. No point bringing a kid to sit on the bench, they need to play to develop. Much better to get an experienced keeper who doesn't mind the bench.

Orlandoni is moving into the coaching staff as per recent reports.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter
    Viviano should stay in Bologna and play regularly. This is a good move - We all know though that Julio Cesar will be playing for a while. However, If Viviano develops into a great goalkeeper next season, should we reel him in?
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Sneijd

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Viviano would hardly play if he came to inter as the second goalkeeper. JC still has quite a few years as first choice left. No point bringing a kid to sit on the bench, they need to play to develop. Much better to get an experienced keeper who doesn't mind the bench.

Orlandoni is moving into the coaching staff as per recent reports.
    You do have a point there with Viviano. If that's the case then, when the time comes to get a first choice goalkeeper, Viviano should really be looked upon seriously!

By your explanation it does make sense to get Castelazzi then. Personally I would have kept Toldo as second choice and replaced Orlandoni with a young Goalkeeper but then it could be an issue just like Viviano as you said.

All in all I hope Castelazzi will be good for us if he does indeed come.

A bit off topic but it came to mind, how is Alfonso compared to Belec? I heard Alfonso is a good goalkeeper, looked upon highly by our management. Who is better? Maybe for the summer tour we should take Alfonso instead of Belec?
    In Jose We Trust
    ==Veni, vidi, vici==

--18--

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Confirmed by his agent. Its done, he will sign a two year contract with an option for a third.

http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    Wow, nice!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Its official so thread closed. Discuss in the players section.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com