Thread: The Smallville Topic

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

The Smallville Topic

OK, I don't care whether you guys like it or not () but such a great show deserves its own thread. Let's talk about everything under the Sol on Smallville. But, there should be a strict rule of ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILER at all in this thread. Not even news such as, actor so-and-so is gonna act as so-and-so in Episode X. Or, the title of Episode X is gonna be XXX. Strictly no spoiler at all!

Let me start with talking about the most recent episode (Season 4 Episode 3). If you are a follower of the series and have not seen it, you may not want to read this post.

The episode is entitled 'Facede'. I think it's a disappointing episode. It seems as if we are taken back to Season 1 with the 'villain of the week' thingee. Although I'd gladly mingle around with this week's 'villain'. The title fits very well though. Plastic beauty is facade. Jason and Lana are playing 'facade' on their relationship on Clark. But any episode which doesn't have John Glover is disappointing for me. He's such a great actor and played the role of Lionel Luthor to perfection.

Worst (Yes, not worse), there is no encounter of Clark and Lex! The main pillar and foundation to the show is IMO their relationship, how will the friendship finally breaks up. But so far the writer/director has been doing it poorly. The much-anticipated first meeting between Clark and Lex (In 402 Gone) was an absolute disaster. I hope the story line evolves around the 2 of them for future episodes.

Finally, I'm so pleased that it seems Lois Lane will be featuring in Smallville quite often, since she joined the Smallville High. Btw, Clark's expression when he learnt of the news was priceless. Lois is almost a carbon copy of Chloe and 2 Chloes will only mean havoc, chaos, fun and huge amounts of cheesy quotes. And with just 3 episodes, I already feel that there are so much more chemistry between Erica Durance (Lois Lane) and Tom Welling (Clark Kent) compared to him and Lana. Speaking of Lana, I really can't give a d@mn about her anymore. She's lost her 'sweet' image and I have developed this '$lut' (Excuse me) image on her. How I wish it was her that is gone instead of Pete Ross.

Alright, now Tim, I await your comments!

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Re: The Smallville Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    But, there should be a strict rule of ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILER at all in this thread. Not even news such as, actor so-and-so is gonna act as so-and-so in Episode X. Or, the title of Episode X is gonna be XXX. Strictly no spoiler at all!
    Well, maybe you forgot that there is a distinct possibility that a lot of people here who follow Smallville who may have yet to watch Facade or maybe even the season premiere. By talking about Facade in here, and subsequently about every other episode for S4, we could potentially be writing about spoilers too. Just wanted to let you know.

Actually, i'm not very against the Freak of the Week (FOTW) theme. Occasional freaks help to bridge the gap between the serious episodes. If the whole series would be about Clark and Lex's relationship, then there is a potential for Smallville to get stale pretty fast. The FOTW storylines' main role is to fill the spaces between the serious episodes, as well as to inject some light hearted development amongst it's principal characters. Besides, thie FOTW story was quite interesting IMO.

Abigail's plight was very real, and unfortunately, very sad one as well. You are right about the title of Facade playing into several facets of the storyline; including Clark and Lana's non-existant relationship.

With regards to Clark & Lex, well like i mentioned earlier, too much serious encounters between them might make the series too predictable. Besides, the time they spend apart from each other will serve as a platform for their friendship to recuperate. It won't be long before they start again on amicable terms. Treasure those times though, they won't last forever.

And yeah, i'm very happy that Lois has entered the show. IMO, she injects a whole lot of life into and around Clark. Her over-abundance of energy has even managed to drain Clark out. She will definitely be an invaluable asset to future plot developments.

The scene where Lt. Gen Lane came in on Clark & Lois at the barn was hillarious. Like you said, Clark's reaction was simply priceless!

Oh and, i couldn't give a crap about Lana. I disliked her ever since i first watched Smallville. And those negative feelings has just grown stronger and stronger with each passing episode. She is completely self-centered and never concerned about other people's feelings. I love Pete and i wish he'd get back. He's an essential character - he's Clark's sidekick. He was always there to save and help Clark out whenever he needed. Lana on the other hand, just broke Clark's feelings time and time again. True, Clark did have his role in their failed attempts at forging a relationship but it has always been Lana who has selfishly pushed Clark away. I mean, it is obvious Clark has some issues - anybody can see that with the way he continually has problems coping with his development (see Red, Exile etc.). And yet Lana is incapabable of realising that Clark has issues and needs support rather than rejection. Again, this highlights Lana's complete egocentric attitude. She believes everybody must wow her before she reciprocates. Come on, Smallville doesn't need her. I swear, i cringe everytime she comes on screen! Her and her stupid new loverboy. Could we simply make Lois & Pete as regular castmembers, and leave Lana and Jason as guest appearance stars? Smallville would be perfect then!

I know i'm ranting about this issue a lot, but i'm really really sick of Lana in Smallville. Her very appearance screams fast forward!

Anyway, we can have a Picture of the Week post from Facade onwards, if you like. Here's mine (actually 2, but they are related):

I completely squealed in delight when i saw that shot! I love Chloe! Her very appearance in the opening sequence is good enough to nullify whatever evil presence that Lana implanted on it in each and everyone of the scenes that she appears in. CHLOE!!!!

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Indonesia

Forgive me about giving away the latest episode's title in the first part of my post. I have edited it. Tim, I already gave a warning to the member that they shouldn't read the second part of my post if they have not seen 403 yet. I leave quite a big gap from the topic's introduction to the discussion on 403, right?

Is there no one other than me and Tim who watch Smallville? I truly recommend you guys to follow the series. But you have to start watching from the very first episode in order to get the feel and atmosphere about the series. Watching a very good episode, if you have no Smallville background at all, would simply waste it. You can download ALL episodes using BitTorrent. I recommend this site to download the old episodes and this to download the newest episode. To read reviews and recaps about the series, read this site, it has little close-to-none spoiler.

Now I'm gonna talk about 403 (Meaning Season 4 Episode 03) and the Smallville Backstage Special (Which you can download from the second link that I provided) so skip the later part of my post if you don't wanna get any spoiler.

Tim, after reading your post and going down through the memory lane, I think I have been over-pessimistic about Smallville. You are right that the Clark and Lex relationship shouldn't be brought up in such an early stage of the season. Smallville, in the previous seasons, also always had a relatively slow start and the real 'thing' only starts after 15 episodes or so (Memoria, Talisman). Or, the episodes before and after the 2 months break at the end of the year, a classic example would be Shattered and Asylum.

That first picture (Clark hugging Chloe) is such a classic. Clark and Chloe has gone through such a roller-coaster ride in their relationship, more often than Clark and Lana, and they still show care about each other so much. Unlike Lana towards Clark who try to have a backstreet relation with Jason. I still think Lana is prettier than Chloe though, but I like Chloe more. I have hardly seen any girl, even in real life, as cute as her. But Lois is my new favourite girl in the show. She has Lana's beauty and Chloe's attitude.

Speaking of the Backstage Special, I thought it's a very good show. Michael Rosenbaum continues to shine even when he's not in his Lex-role. Such a hillarious character. The part when he talks about getting a 3-weeks-notice to buff up his body when he's gonna have to bare his body in the show is absolutely priceless. Clark's post-reaction of cigars, beers and KFC just tops it up.

Handyo

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Man, must you two losers bore the rest of us with this lame show? what did we ever do to deserve this?

Btw, the only constructive thing i've got to say about Smallville is that Kristin Kruek is a cutie.

Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Indonesia

Man, I don't give a f*ck if you guys are not interested in this topic. I'm not letting it die! :cry2: I'll talk about the latest episode, Season 4 Episode 5.

The episode itself is entitled Devoted. I guess it has been a trend as of late Season 3 than the episode's title is said out in a dialogue. I personally feel that Devoted is one of the best 'filler' episode in Smallville's history. It puts Smallville back on its track. I mean, an episode which has:
    • 1) Hot freak-of-the-week.
      2) Hot freak-of-the-week getting .
      3) Chloe in a cheer-leader outfit.
      4) Clark admitting he still hasn't gotten over Lana.
      5) Chloe did the same to Clark.
      6) Lois. What a bad thing that she'll be missing for a few episodes.
      7) Last but most importantly. Touching Clark - Lex moments. Kryptonite juice or not, Lex's devotion towards his friendship with Clark is truly memorable. How on Kryptonite will he turns to be Superman's nemesis is beyond my dreams. For now, let's just enjoy their friendship.

I personally would give this episode 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. If only Lionel Luthor is there.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    I do like Smallvile but this topic is useless to me as in NZ I think we are still in season 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I do like Smallvile but this topic is useless to me as in NZ I think we are still in season 3
    Download baby, download! In Singapore, Season 4 will only start somewhere in October but I'm downloading all the episodes using BitTorrent. Refer to my second post in this thread for more information. It 'only' takes a few hours for me to download an episode.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Peru

qq

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

You can download ALL episodes using BitTorrent.
    Thanks to your advertise, BitTorrent is soon to be dead.

LokiTorrent owner to pay $1-million

(Tough luck i must say. He did all of us users a favor and now hes screwed. $1 milion is great sum to pay when youre 15-20 years old kid. Ridiculous!)

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) representing Hollywood's major film studio has won a very important case against movie pirates. They have brought down LokiTorrent.com.

LokiTorrent, which was owned by Edward Webber, directed people to downloadable copies of copyrighted movies. Webber is finned $1-million in a judgment issued by a Dallas court. An MPAA notice has replaced the home page of the site.

The court has also ordered the site owners to handover the records such as IP addresses of those who downloaded movies through the site. The records will help investigators to pinpoint thousands of people who downloaded unauthorized copies of movies, TV programme etc.

John G. Malcolm, head of the MPAA's anti-piracy efforts said, "It will have a lot of records as to who these people are and what they provided, and that information will be of great interest to our members. The MPAA would turn over information to prosecutors in appropriate cases."

The site Lokitorrent.com was serving as a tracker that allows people who want to download files to connect with those who have them and want to swap them.

The site works on software like BitTorrent. BitTorrent is a simple protocol designed for transferring files. It is peer-to-peer in nature where users connect to each other directly to send and receive portions of the file. It is the tracker, like LokiTorrent.com, which coordinates the action of all such peers. The tracker only manages connections, it does not have any knowledge of the contents of the files being distributed, and therefore a large number of users can be supported with relatively limited tracker bandwidth.

The key philosophy of BitTorrent is that users should upload (transmit outbound) at the same time they are downloading (receiving inbound.) In this manner, network bandwidth is utilized as efficiently as possible.

Although the file sharing network operators claim that they dont have any idea or control on what is being transferred on their network, movie makers feel otherwise. After all if your site boasts to be one that fastest downloads and keeps a track of what is available where, then you cant pretend to be an innocent bystander.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pi grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

What would they investigate with those ppl who downloaded the series ??
    I don't think they are planning to fine them or even arrest them .... In that case, .... my friends .. :cry2:

By the way, can you guys let me know, that which site is good for these torrent downloading stuffs ?? I need more sites !!

Indonesia

NNNOOO!!!

I want Exleem (Or whatever it's called)! I f*cking need that!

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

I want Exleem (Or whatever it's called)! I f*cking need that!
    Why dont you download/install eXeem then?

Its been available (beta testing) almost a month already.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pi grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Indonesia

Have you used that Tommi? I don't wanna use it unless I know an expert who can guide me. :p

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Ive used it and its pretty simple to use. Its almost the same than eMule (eDonkey), but much faster.

I must thank Don Tommi for introducing me to eMule. Its fantastic!
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti