El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Inter vs Udinese Match Preview

This game is always very tricky for Inter. Just to refresh your memory:

15-Feb-04 Inter vs Udinese 1 - 2

10-Nov-02 Inter vs Udinese 1 - 2

24-Feb-02 Inter vs Udinese 3 - 2

So it's been more than 2 years since our last victory against them at the S Siro, thanks to Vieri, Ventola, and Sergio Conceicao. After that, we got beat twice.

With 4 draws in 5 Serie A games, we are yet again without much choice: we must win. If you consider that after this game we'll face Valencia in Spain, Milan, Lecce away and Valencia at the S Siro, you can understand what kind of high hurdles we'll have to overcome.

Gazzetta.it probable line ups are as follows:

INTER (4-4-2)

-----------------------1 Toldo------------------------

-13 Ze Maria 3 Burdisso 23 Materazzi 16 Favalli-

7 V D Meyde 14 Veron 6 C. Zanetti 25 Stankovic

------------------20 Recoba 32 Vieri ----------------

UDINESE (3-5-2)

------------------------1 De Sanctis---------------------

----------------77 Belleri 3 Cribari 2 Kroldrup---------

22 Alberto 13 Pinzi 8 Pizarro 23 Mauri 6 Jankulovski

-----------------9 Iaquinta 10 Di Natale-----------------

Gazzetta.it points out that Adriano, Cordoba, Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti will be travelling back from South America, therefore their conditions will have to be evaluated. I think Capitano will play in place of Ze Maria, when Adriano, Cafe' and Cambi could be rested.

I think the team is looking good. The usual concerns are the defence and Vieri. We could always play Cruz, but Cruz-Recoba doesn't sound effective to me. I hope to see a good Matrix-Burdisso display.

This game is quite worrying, because a draw or a defeat not only would compromise our season, but they would affect our performances against Valencia and Milan. We cannot fail.

This would be the perfect game for Vieri to get over his terrible period and give us 3 vital points. Can Chino be consistent and deliver again? Does C Zanetti have 90 minutes in his legs? Can he protect the defence?

Too many questions means that we have problems. I'm positive that most of us, including myself, will be very worried right before the start of this game. Many of us will be fearing the worst.

What can i say? Remember our motto, "Non mollare mai" ("Never give up"), and support the boys until the 90th minute, and through injury time. Then our job's done.

We'll see what they can do for us
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Re: Inter vs Udinese Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    We could always play Cruz, but Cruz-Recoba doesn't sound effective to me.
    I read few days back that both of them are having some problems and that“s why neither one of them played against Nice. Cruz has some injury worries and Recoba has some weird illness. I dunno if that "weird illness" is referring to his sleeping problems?

So, worst scenario could be that only one striker (Vieri) is available for this match.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko

This game is quite worrying, because a draw or a defeat not only would compromise our season, but they would affect our performances against Valencia and Milan. We cannot fail.

This would be the perfect game for Vieri to get over his terrible period and give us 3 vital points. Can Chino be consistent and deliver again? Does C Zanetti have 90 minutes in his legs? Can he protect the defence?

Too many questions means that we have problems. I'm positive that most of us, including myself, will be very worried right before the start of this game. Many of us will be fearing the worst.

We'll see what they can do for us
    Isn't Time Inter ?? It's time to end this jinx , I m very positive that we will finish this match if not early then we will finish it However . and maybe Bobo will be the one . lol You never know but Inter Under's Cuper and Zac is totally different than Inter under Mancio . Those 2 games that we haven't won was under both Zac and Cuper .

Don't worry Fris , Juve is going down with all these injuries and It's Time for Inter to jump to the top

Forza Ragazzi
    Campioni D' Italia !!!!!!

"It's an immense emotion" Roberto Mancini after the 15th Scudetto

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

Thanks Frisko for the preview and I cant agree more about our job as fans.

Its crucial, not cause its the end of the season but cause if we did the job well we will get out of a bad state of mind in the championchip and also it will help the guys better with Milan and Valencia, even we are heading our group in CL but winning in Spain will means we open the door to the 2nd round and we had already one feet out.

I think my only worry will be the defense and if we were tight and focussed we can finish the game early if not Bobo but either VDM or STank or someone from the midfield, finally we have midfielders who can score.

I think once Bobo got his first goal things will start look better for everyone, the pics showed him look so focussed and passionate to do something from NiCE game, wish anyone saw the game to give his remarks, anyway all the best inter as usualy and we will always be there, bad or good, we are there.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Udinese loves San Siro. They have always done well in the stadium over the last couple of years against both Milan clubs. But this is the new Inter. Let's see how we cope with them.

Could Recoba be catching his insomnia from me? Insomnia or not, I'll still field him as Adriano's partner. Please no Recoba in midfield!

Isn't it a tad too fast for the preview though? There are still mid-week qualifiers and there could be some injuries to either teams.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I know it was early Han, but I noticed there aren't many people writing previews, and I had some time last night. During the week I don't get enough time to do it cause of work.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

it's great Frisko, and now is only one day away from the game and none has wriitten a preview...

I will settle for a draw in this game.. I hope for a win though..
    -----------------------

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Valid points Frisko

It certainly is a golden opportunity for Bobo to put things straight! Anyhow with Adriano in our team I do not see him as a starter. Having said that for the sake of the team and his confidence I hope he scores and contributes to the team the way he used to do.

Judging from the training pics VDM looks hungry for games. I really wish he can keep playing well. As we all know - when in form Andy is a real asset to the team.

Also the only thing good regarding Adrinaos arrival is that he will most probably start against Valencia and BBilan.
    It will be tough game as San Siro's seem to bring out the wild side of their players

Only a win will make me sleep well on Sun night.

Forzza Ragazzi
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

As we stand, a draw is the same as a loss. It's a useless result, so I'd rather all the players to go up at the 90th minute if we're drawing.

Seriously, it's important to stay unbeaten, but we gotta win this one. No settling.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Here are some facts courtesy of...me - (btw they are all Serie A facts)

Matches played
    Inter - 5
    Udinese - 5

Table position
    Inter - 9
    Udinese - 13

Black - 5

Serie A form
    Inter - 1.D 2.D 3.W 4.D 5.D
    Udinese - 1.D 2.W 3.D 4.L 5.L

Top scorers
    Inter - 1.Adriano 3 goals 2=.Alvaro Recoba 2 goals 2=.Dejan Stankovic 2 goals 2=.Obafemi Martins 2 goals 3=.Juan Veron 1 goal 3=.Esteban Cambiasso 1 goal
    Black - 1.David Di Michele 2 goals 2=.Antonio Di Natale 1 goal 2=.Dino Fava Passaro 1 goal 2=.Marek Jankulovski 1 goal

Fabio 2
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvInter

Isn't Time Inter ?? It's time to end this jinx , I m very positive that we will finish this match if not early then we will finish it However . and maybe Bobo will be the one . lol You never know but Inter Under's Cuper and Zac is totally different than Inter under Mancio . Those 2 games that we haven't won was under both Zac and Cuper .

Forza Ragazzi
    I said it , Im the Man LOl
    Campioni D' Italia !!!!!!

"It's an immense emotion" Roberto Mancini after the 15th Scudetto

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic