Thread: Superman dead!

Superman dead!

Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono così stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    ??

Watta?!
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

reeve is dead.
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono così stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    'Superman' Passed Away
    Christopher Reeve 1952-2004
    It is with great sadness that we report that actor Christopher Reeve, who played Supeman in four movies and appeared in the Smallville episodes "Rosetta" and "Legacy," died on Sunday, October 10. Reeve fell into a coma on Saturday after suffering cardiac arrest.

Anyone associated with the show (cast, crew, etc.) who would like to comment about Reeve and his contributions to the Superman legend and Smallville in general, please e-mail us. This is unfortunately some of the saddest news we've had to report on KryptonSite in the site's nearly four year history.

Not only did Christopher Reeve have the appearance that personified Superman in the movie series, he also served as a hero to many with his determination to someday walk again. Reeve was a motivational speaker, a director; someone who pushed for and hoped for breakthroughs in stem cell research. He was far more than just the characters he played on movies or television. Smalville was fortunate to have him appear in two of the best episodes of the series' run; his character, Dr. Virgil Swann, was the first to teach young Clark Kent of his Kryptonian destiny.

Those who want to donate to the Christopher Reeve Foundation for paralysis research can visit http://www.christopherreeve.org. Unfortunately due to the amount of people visiting his site for more information, you may find the Reeve site to be down for the next few days.

We don't know what this will mean for his Dr. Swann character on Smallville. We do, however, think it would be a great thing if some night in the near future the WB could show "Rosetta" and "Legacy" back to back as part of a tribute to this "super" man. We're a bit disappointed that most of the mainstream media failed to mention his Smallville appearances in his body of work, as they introduced him to a new generation of fans and provided some of the series' greatest moments.

"When John Kennedy promised that by the end of the 1960s we would put a man on the moon. Everybody, including the scientists, shook their heads in dismay. But we did it. We can cure spinal cord injuries too, if there's a will. What was possible in outer space is possible in inner space." - Christopher Reeve

"But most will remember this sad day as the day the proudest, most noble man they ever knew finally fell. For those who loved him -- one who would call him husband, one who would be his pal, or those who would call him son -- this is the darkest day they could ever imagine. They raised him to be a hero: to know the value of sacrifice, to know the value of life. And for those who served with Superman in the protection of all life comes the shock of a failure: the weight of being too late to help. For a city to live, a man had given his all and more. But it's too late. For this is the day that a Superman died." - Superman #75, 1992 (written by Dan Jurgens)

You guys know how much I love Smallville, a show about Superman's childhood. Christopher Reeve has featured in a couple of episodes and although he is sitting in a wheel-chair, paralyzed, he is still the Superman in front of my eyes, not Tom Welling, not the Smallville actor. His charisma, even when he can't move, just outshine everyone. This is so sad and he doesn't to pass away yet. His dream, his destiny of being cured from his cruel spinal cord injuries hasn't been fulfilled. I'm so sad.

Handyo

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    RIP Superman in our hearts forever....
    Ziyad Of Boston

RIP

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Rest In Peace!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    RIP

:cry2:
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Oba

This is really sad news - RIP

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Sad news indeed - RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Yes its a sad. He struggled too, so i feel for him and his family.

Any1 agree that he looks like our Capitano?

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Sorry if I sounded stupid in the second post.

RIP :cry2:
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    This is so sad to hear. The poor guy managed to live for so long and looked happy with his progression and was even trying to help other paralyzed folks, this must be a huge blow to the people connected to him. A lot of kids at my school were wearing their SuperMan shirts today, we all saw this man act as the great hero when we were younger. May your soul rest in peace, Christopher Reeve.

Btw, he was supossed to appear in this convention for my friend's uncle sometime soon. That's why I am so shocked by this news.
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Santigol

wife died too.....

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    oh my god, how did his wife die? Couldn't face the reality and went suicide?

Superman's attitude towards life is admirable, even after the unfortunate accident he still seeks for miracle.
    Wallace

RIP

Christopher Reeve

you can only admire what he did in spite of his handicap. what a great personality.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke12
    oh my god, how did his wife die? Couldn't face the reality and went suicide?
    Nah mate, she died of lung cancer, and the sad thing is she was never a smoker.
    Tragic news, I was a fan of Dana Reeve, she was a wonderful woman. Even more tragic is their son, Will, who has lost his father, grandmother and now his mother in the space of 18 months.

Very tragic.

Fav. Player
    Capitano

Life has in store so many bad surprises...So unfair...
    |INTER F.C.|