Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round of 16: Spain - Portugal

Round of 16: Spain - Portugal

My predictions for Portugal to go through.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Switzerland

Sounds more like hope/hate really...Should be a great encounter, I hope.

Portugal are very deadly going forward but they won't be afforded the possession they've enjoyed up until now...I expect them to become sufficiently frustrated, tbh

On the one hand, Spain have yet to hit their stride let alone give a superlative performance which means their best is still yet to come...On the other, if they don't get it together, they will go home as well

If I were Portugal, I'd be a bit unnerved by the fact that Torres isn't nearly firing on all cylinders yet while Villa is in form...Once the pair are feeling it, look out

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think Portugal will play like they did against Brazil (first half approach), and hit Spain with their counter attacks.

Their defense looks well organized and has yet conceded a goal in the tournament, but that may due to a lack of creativity amongst their opponents. Interesting game, Portugal definitely got a chance to sneak through.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    i am cheering for portugal this time, i hope CR rapes Pique I used to like spain, but starting to dislike them more and more, don't know why..
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    i am cheering for portugal this time, i hope CR rapes Pique I used to like spain, but starting to dislike them more and more, don't know why..
    When you cheer for Clownaldo, there's no reason to explain

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Portugal has conceded just...*drum rolls*...3 goals in their last 13 matches, never more than once. (Which means 10 clean sheets in 13 matches) They haven't conceded at this World Cup, although their offense suffers against proven sides like Brazil & Ivory Coast.

If Spain expects to have it easy, they'll be mistaken. I won't be surprised to if Portugal manage to put a similar defensive performance that Swiss put against Spain earlier in the tournament.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The game I'm most looking forward to out of the last 16. Should be tighter than a 16 year old virgin.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    ^
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Switzerland

Reports trickle out that Javi Martinez may play ahead of Xabi as he has yet to recover 100%...Del Bosque likely to continue to play with a double pivot which will likely mean Silva & Cesc will not start...And considering Torres' lack of form, wonder if he will sit as well.

This will be a match to watch, I believe

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Hope Portugal qualifies so that we will not watch a one-sided game in the quarters

Switzerland

Not a great shot of Simao

Fav. Player
    ALL inter squad

Italy

The worlc cup has turned out to be exactly like world war 2, the french surrender early,the italians give up,england are left to fight the germans, USA arrive last min and nobody saw the japenese coming!!
    INTER CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!WE WON THE TREBLE..GRAZIE MOURINHO. NON MOLLARE MAI..."se tringo la mano di un milanista mi lo lavo. se stringo la mano di un juventino mi lo canto"
    milan0 inter 4 inter 2 milan 0 milan+juve=merda
    PAZZA INTER AMALA

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    Whoever wins today, has a good chance of reaching the Semis.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti.

Singapore

never really had the reason to hate Spain. But this year, after all that Barca crap and this, gotta be the most hated team ever. Is there even a need to act when you're 1-0 up ?
    The Better Milan...

I'm dissapointed. I really thought Portugal will surprise the whole world, but in fact they were poor and Spain played better tbh. CR was totally useless in the second half, even though everyone was expecting much more from him, but he dissapointed everyone (including me).

And kudos to Villa for his great performance. One of the best players of the match (if not the best), his work rate is amazing.

Well deserved victory for Spain, but I hope they will fail in the quarter finals
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

HAhahahhahha. Another Spanish Prick acts again. Hahahaahahha

Well deserved victory for Spain, but I hope they will fail in the quarter finals
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter
    What's with the horrible assistant refereeing in this tournament?

Xavi was offside before he passed it to Villa who was offside, too.

Portugal sucked, though. You wouldn't imagine them sucking that bad after the excellent first half.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter
    I thought Spain was rather poor aswell, so many missed passes for the front line, either from xavi, iniesta or whoever..but beating Paraguay is not even a question, spaniards u can consider as semifinalists now..Villa is a great buy fpr Barca..one of the best players in this tournament by far..

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Finland

Capdevila pezzo di merda. His dive was more disgusting than Pussyquet's famous dying swan.

Portugal didn't deserve anything after that crappy second half, but Spain's win still piss of me, especially because the winning goal was offside...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Can anyone explain how Ricardo Costa was sent off? His hands were behind his back, 1m away from Capdevilla. Do I need to seek for help if I saw no foul incident? And wasn't Villa's goal offside?