Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round of 16: Spain - Portugal

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Funny how you called Torosidis overreaction disgrace, then you defend Torres who has done this 2-3 times so far
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by szasza02 View Post
    I fail to see how the hell the directors dare denying the millions of viewers worldwide to show the slow-motion replay with the accurate line to see whether the lone (and decisive) goal was offside or not. We are talking about a knockout game at a World Cup, between two of the best teams around. That fact in itself indicates that my suspicion was correct and it indeed WAS offside.
    the directors also didn't show any replay of the red card situation. see my jugdement above.

Maybe fifa feels that we should NOT know whether the games (at the most important global football event in the world) are 'conducted' according to the rules of football or they are conducted under the rules of the 'fifa getting filthy rich game'; while riuining million's entertainment and dozens of footballers of the highest degree.
    There is definitely something suspicious about the way this is being handled. There were better camera angles on the red card incident but they were not shown on tv. The poor ones didn't even show a contact; forget the negligible one that is being mentioned.

Also they never showed the replay in a slow mo or with the line like is usually done to prove if it was fine or not. Not saying there is a bias; maybe they are just doing it to avoid any controversy.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    When did I ever say there was no contact??? See the problem is, you feel that if there is any bit of contact, then it cannot be considered a dive. Diving or playacting is simply doing something additional that the contact could not remotely cause. If a shoelace strikes a player in the leg, and he jumps 10 feet forward and rolls around, should we not consider it a dive because there was contact???
    A dive, for me, implies simulating contact and going down...Embellishing and making a mountain out of a mole hill is a different sort of thing, which I don't condone either...But to focus on the embellishment while summarily ignoring the foul to begin with implies that it should've never been a foul in the first place

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Funny how you called Torosidis overreaction disgrace, then you defend Torres who has done this 2-3 times so far
    The Greeks had no business in the WC let alone being allowed to play their dirty brand of football...I look forward to the day they actually decide to play some football

Hungary

and I look forward to see a game where busquets doesn't dive&act like a whore
    one half alone or being subbed early don't count!
    "All right, Mr. Wright!" - György Szepesi, 1953. 11. 25., Wembley (Hungary-England)

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    The Greeks had no business in the WC let alone being allowed to play their dirty brand of football...I look forward to the day they actually decide to play some football
    Means when they start diving when a fly whizzes by and roll on the floor?! If I had to choose I'd love watching a defensive game rather than a team that cheats.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    So there are at least 6 other teams in the tournament that played worse than Greece, at least 15 teams that were more aggressive than Greece, yet you pick on Greece.... what have they done to you?
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Means when they start diving when a fly whizzes by and roll on the floor?! If I had to choose I'd love watching a defensive game rather than a team that cheats.
    It'll be a long time before anyone accuses Greece of playing anything that remotely resembles beautiful football, perhaps longer still for there to be some consensus that Barcelona are cheats

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Well, Michael, to me Barcelona are more than cheats, they are liars. They say something and they do something else. And again pretty football isnt the only way to play football.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    And again pretty football isnt the only way to play football.
    neither the only football which is entertaining.
    "All right, Mr. Wright!" - György Szepesi, 1953. 11. 25., Wembley (Hungary-England)

Fav. Player
    if you're neraz

Torres and Capdevila should definitely be embarrassed, they look like total tools doing that.
    English journalist: Mr. Mourinho, how does Italian football differ from English football.

Mourinho to Italian journalist: what's the population of Italy?

Italian journalist: roughly 60 million

Mourinho to English journalist: there are roughly 60 million coaches in Italy.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Sneij

Italy

jesus man Fcbarca you are absolutely ridiculous at first i thought you weren't biased but you seem to think that everything Barcelona or spain do is perfect. Come back to reality that was definitely a dive. Im just wondering if someone taps you do you fall down too?