Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Brazil [questions]

Greece

Visiting Brazil [questions]

Ok, I need mainly assistance from guys who actually live or have been to Brazil, not just "I heard" stories etc

I'm not going any time soon, but it's for quite a long time from now(World Cup) but I have to ask since I won't be going alone and need facts to convince a couple of people that it's worth saving money to go there.

Probable destinations:

Rio De Janeiro
    Belo Horizonte
    Sao Paolo
    Coritiba(if there's a good game there and it's easy to go from Sao Paolo)

So questions are:

Is travelling from city to city easy?

Heard there's a lot of crime, specially in Rio and Sao Paolo, mostly at nights. I'm sure people will verify this, but... what's the extent? Are we talking murder or just stealing wallets/shoes/shirts/etc?

How are foreigners treated? My friends and I are not much different from white Brazilians, so it will come to the speaking part. I mean, people won't see us on the street and say we're foreigners... Do the foreigners get rip off? In Italy for example they are.

It will be quite different from visiting Brazil on any other time of the year, since it will be the first time they will host a major tournament in years, and people from all over the world will be there, so it will be a much different situation.

I know it's gonna be worth it to go, but I need facts and advise on this, so that I can convince some friends as well.

I see that there are direct flights to Rio from Paris and London (and Spain) so getting there won't be much trouble. It's being there that seems to scare some people, so that's why I opened this thread.

I have around 2 years to convince my friends and 1.5 years to plan the trip, so time is a friend for now. I just want to get this over with so that we agree to go and end that part

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    ZIP should be able to help you since he is from brazil.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

Lets go...

Belo Horizonte, Rio, Sao Paulo - these three cities be to closed to each other. By plane, you fly just 1 hour from Belo Horizonte to SP - SP to Rio - Belo Horizonte to SP - Rio to Belo Horizonte - 1 hour by plane. There is also a project for implation of High-speed rail between São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro

Grande Yuko, as I told you in MSN. About violence here in Brasil, Belo Horizonte - Sao Paulo - Rio are the are the largest and richest cities in the country, consequentely be the most violent. But its like in any big city in the world, you need know where you are walking and where you'll stay there. As in 2014 we'll have the World Cup, I believe that violence will decrease because we live in a hypocritical and underdeveloped country, then only during the World Cup the governament will actually protect us effectively from criminals, robbed and murders

About how foreigners are treated here, you can trust on my words that most people will welcome you with hospitality and all so loving. The brazilian usually think the foreginers (mainly from USA or Europe) are better than himself, which I think is a mistake. Of course we have recognize that some aspects of Europe are better and more developed, but we have a lot of things with big value here, mainly about culture! . But most people don't recognize it, unfortunately.

Brasil is a multiethnic country, an enormous country, where you'll find cultural differences in the various states that exist here divided politically.

I hope you come to here, Brasil is a fantastic country. I don't think you will like, you'll love here!

When you visit Belo Horizonte, tell me, ok? any doubt you can ask me about Brasil, where I know hehe. I'm sorry about my english, its a little poor, I need to pratice more times.

Greece

Thank you zip for your response

I have 4 years to learn Portuguese so your English might not be a problem, but my Portuguese might be

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    FI WC 2014 Gathering

Must. Do. It!

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

from what i heard from a brazilian fren...stay out of the favela's cause they can get quite bad. but other then that its quite ok. plus you gotta go to the beaches on a nice summers day. the amount of fine ass on show is ridiculous, and im talking a grade A kinda stuff here.
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.

BRING BACK LELE

Greece

Since Brazil is on the south hemisphere, it should be somehow winter during the World Cup.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    FI WC 2014 Gathering

Must. Do. It!
    Start a donation campaign. .

Seriously though, I'm in.

What about the Club world cup in Abu Dhabi this December? Shoudnt we have an FI gathering here? I want to celebrate our 6th trophy of 2010.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by blackmore View Post
    from what i heard from a brazilian fren...stay out of the favela's cause they can get quite bad. but other then that its quite ok. plus you gotta go to the beaches on a nice summers day. the amount of fine ass on show is ridiculous, and im talking a grade A kinda stuff here.
    That's the big problem. Cities as Belo Horizonte - São Paulo - Rio de Janeiro, anyplace there is near a "favela". But you guys, from Europe and another countries, can come to here, you won't have problems.

Yeah, Yuko. During world cup we'll have winter. Isnt too strong like in Europe, but it get a little cold hehe. In city as Rio de Janeiro, you can appreciate the beachs because normally it is hot during all year there

I suggest you visit Northest region. Nice cities => Fortaleza, Salvador, Macéio, Natal.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

Belo Horizonte for you! I love this city

Fav. Player
    J.Z, Matrix, De

Romania

1+8
    i know it's none of my business but how can you afford all these trips Yuko? i mean,now you're in London,the next day in Rome for the derby,next in Milan...Brazil
    ONLY & 4EVER FORZA INTER !!!

Meglio Vivere un Giorno da Leone che Cento Anni da Pecora

Switzerland

I've been twice, and have a few Brasilian friends.

Brasil is a large country and there are differences from place to place...Sao Paolo is a concrete jungle, a metropolis similar to NYC...Rio, is like what you'd expect or what you've read or seen in the media - Samba town...But by and large, Brasilians are incredibly friendly and full of life...I love the energy of Brasilians

1. You just have to be a smart traveler really...It can be dangerous, no doubt, but choosing your activities as well as time/place makes a big difference

2. Theft is a bigger problem for the typical tourist rather than murder etc...And thieves are plentiful

3. Traveling between cities, I flew so I never drove...Driving is a helluva affair, either in Rio or Sao Paolo...Truth is, when I'd watch from my cab in Sao Paolo, I had a hard time understanding how people ever got anywhere by car...Ton of traffic that, at times, seems impossibly stagnant...Rio is better in terms of traffic but navigating around Rio require GPS and patience

4. I love Brasilians and South Americans in general, very friendly...And just like what I mentioned about being smart, the kinder and more open you are with locals, the more you'll get that in kind, IMHO

Bearing in mind it will be World Cup time, you should consider that all circumstances will be safer & easier, actually...I was referring to travel during normal time

And as Zip pointed out, it's more multicultural than you'd imagine...For instance, I had no idea they had such a large Korean population - didn't expect that

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

He's rich. I guess

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    I've heard there are a lot of shemales there so you gotta watch yo ass, lol.
    I N T E R N A Z I O N A L E

Brazil

Yuko.

Travel to Brazil , especially to Rio, is a big deal. The country is very beatiful. You 'll find honest prices for services and stuff to buy. Brazilians are extremely receptive. During the month of June the average temperature is 22 degrees (celcius). The issue of violence is a problem indeed, but as much as any metropolis. If you want to know something more specific about Rio, just ask.

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I've heard there are a lot of shemales there so you gotta watch yo ass, lol.

But in all seriousness, do convince your friends to go. Brasil is beautiful. Beautiful beaches, beautiful women, everything. World Cup will be quite an experience for you, I'm sure.
    Crime exists, sure... in all aspects but the key is to not act out of place. Same goes for anywhere really. I'm sure security and police will be everywhere though considering when you're planning on going so I wouldn't worry too much. Travel from city to city depends on how you're travelling. Traffic is HORRIBLE, imo, and I never even drove when I lived there. There are trains, subways, etc... It will be winter, but winter there is not cold... not like freezing, but certainly enough for a jacket on some days. Tourists aren't ripped off, not from what I experienced in my year there. At least not in Sao Paulo. I lived there for 14 months... so I can answer more specific questions about Sao Paulo if you have any

Fav. Player
    J-Rod

Colombia

Rio is very dangerous, well last time i were there, in beach (not a bad place, nice hotels, etc) the favela was near, the people of the favelas came running downhill and made like a theft wave, that's the only bad problem in Rio imho, but for the rest is AMAZING.

ps. I prefer Buenos Aires

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

As I said in another post, during WC the violence wont be the big problem that you could find here. I bet it!

trust

Rio is a fantastic place. In my opinion, the most amazing city in Latin America. No doubts about it.

About traffic, its horrible driving in big cities of country like Sp, Rio and Belo Horizonte, but in small cities isnt a big problem.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by sergiu.inter View Post
    i know it's none of my business but how can you afford all these trips Yuko? i mean,now you're in London,the next day in Rome for the derby,next in Milan...Brazil
    you know all that tax money you pay... it comes to my pockets

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

So Yuko, have you decided about something? If you come here, tell us.