Thread: The real final was the semi-final

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

The real final was the semi-final

I'm talking about our CL victory last season. I don't know about you guys but that's how I really feel, especially now after the Spanish cunts won the World Cup. The satisfaction of beating the world's best team, of knocking out the gloryhunter Big Nose, of shutting Pique's mouth up after his photo montage & comments, and especially the heroic ways in which we did it by sweating blood on the pitch.

The way we won comfortably against Bayern also didn't help either. It made it as if the final was just a formality.

Discuss.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

There was no doubt in my mind that we would beat Bayern. I knew it the day after the Barca match, and wasn't nervous at all. Barca was really the final hurdle that we had to clear.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player

Malaysia

True, only things like red card or stupid referee worries me before INTER vs Bayern...........

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Kuwait

after barca we all knew that it was going to be smooth sailing to the treble

i even celebrated beating siena 10x more than beating bayern

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

Of course you are more confident of winning against Bayern than any other big clubs and I also said that this would be our destiny to win the final. But it's still a final match, which we haven't played for decades. Anything can happen in this one particular game, so I mean confidence on the one hand but still it's hard to imagine that an Interista didn't get nervous or excited about and before a CL final match (just because you were sure we'd win anyway). But ok everybody has their own way of it.
    #InterMentality

Fav. Player
    Zanetti!

Ireland

I was more confident of beating Barca than I was Bayern. Over two legs I felt we were unbeatable last season. Whereas in a one-off game anything can happen, you don't have the luxury of a second game to overcome a mistake/refereeing decision/bad luck.

Also as I was in Milan for the final and was just down the pub for the semi, the final definitely felt much better for me. I will never forget the atmosphere in the Piazza del Duomo and Milan that night, a truly magical experience.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

When we went into the Semi's, I felt already that it was destiny that we will win CL. The manner in which we were turning the tides was remarkable. Agree with Han though, it feels so sweet to show the Inter badge to the walking Cules. They know that they were brought down back to earth by "Le Grande Inter" at the Meazza.
    Spoiler: text 

Indonesia

Please remember that this is not JUST about Barca being stronger than Bayern. I'm not even trying to debate that.

I'm just saying that because of the circumstances, beating Barca was 1,000 times more satisfying than that of Bayern.

Btw, I forgot to mention that the class act put up by the Bayern players and fans further made it less satisfactory in beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Please remember that this is not JUST about Barca being stronger than Bayern. I'm not even trying to debate that.

I'm just saying that because of the circumstances, beating Barca was 1,000 times more satisfying than that of Bayern.

Btw, I forgot to mention that the class act put up by the Bayern players and fans further made it less satisfactory in beating them.
    That's very true.

I've screamed much more when we beat Barca than Bayern.. simply I was impressed by Bayern's attitude, I mean they were class act compared to Barca.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I dunno about that in the first 30 minutes before the Milito goal Bayern really controlled the game, the final wasn't really a walk in the park but emotionally speaking during the respective games (semi final and final) there was much more emotion in the semi final due to the growing rivalry with Barca and due to the whole world being against us but then obviously at the end seeing Zanetti finally lift the trophy that eluded him for all those years just brings tears to my eyes. So the final imo was pretty good, but there was no heated rivalry I think Bayern are a top notch team.

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    I dunno about that in the first 30 minutes before the Milito goal Bayern really controlled the game, the final wasn't really a walk in the park but emotionally speaking during the respective games (semi final and final) there was much more emotion in the semi final due to the growing rivalry with Barca and due to the whole world being against us .....
    I wouldn't really say this, even Italy was on our side and meanwhile many fans from other spanish clubs have thanked us for their elimination. Why should the rest of Europe be against us anyway as we didn't really build up a rep in all the past years... So I think we have gained lots of respect at the end.
    #InterMentality

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    It was really good, here in Panama there are a lot of Barcelona fans, but not so many of Inter, the satisfaction to see their faces while your favourite team is beating the crap out of 'em was enjoyable

While against Bayern it was a match that was ackward, I felt it had something to do with the date it was played, on a Saturday, made me had another atmosphere for that game

Fav. Player
    Youri Djorkaeff

Armenia

I don't know if it really made a difference that it was on a Saturday

Hell, I preferred for it to be on a Saturday because I didn't have to worry about class...

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    I wouldn't really say this, even Italy was on our side and meanwhile many fans from other spanish clubs have thanked us for their elimination. Why should the rest of Europe be against us anyway as we didn't really build up a rep in all the past years... So I think we have gained lots of respect at the end.
    Ah yes, I get your point what I actually meant that everything was against us in Catalonia, fans keeping the players awake, the annoying adverts etc.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Djorkaeff6 View Post
    I don't know if it really made a difference that it was on a Saturday

Hell, I preferred for it to be on a Saturday because I didn't have to worry about class...
    It was weird to be on saturday, at least in my opinion

Indonesia

Weird in a good way

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Weird in an unbelievably fantastic way
    FYP
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18