Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FI Abu Dhabi Travel Group

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

FI Abu Dhabi Travel Group

I've been talking with Suneet some time ago with the prospect of hooking up...Ehem, I mean meeting up when Inter goes to Abu Dhabi to play in the FIFA Club World Cup and then we realized that there are a lot of FInteristi in the region. It really is possible to have an orgy...Ehem, I mean a gathering there and then!

The concrete tournament schedule is not out yet. But it will be from 8 December - 18 December. Inter will play only in the semifinal and 3rd place/final so we are guaranteed 2 matches there. The 3rd place/final will take place on the final day (18 December) and the semifinal will most probably be on the 15th of December. (In 2008 and 2009, the European Champions' semifinal is played 3 days before the final)

I MAY be able to go to this tournament. My family has this sort of tradition of 'mandatory' family vacation every end of the year and it usually starts 15-16 December. I need to ask my parents first if I can be freed for a few days to attend the event.

But anyways, me cast aside, I think this is a wonderful opportunity considering the number of FInteristi in the region. Just a quick count:

1) Ehsan
    2) Ziyad
    3) Suneet
    4) M.Adnan
    5) Hussein

And possibly Hamed if he's on his vacation to Saudi Arabia? Or even Europeans and South East Asians FInteristi, considering Dubai is not really that far away from your countries.

Let's start some rough planning guys.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    I won't be in Kuwait around December due to my Masters degree program. But that doesn't count for much since I'm the kind of person who decides to travel few days before my flight. December is still far away and I never make traveling plans months earlier so who knows where I would be at that time. Nevertheless, if I'm in the region during the tournament, then yeah I might consider paying a visit to Abu Dhabi but it still depends on many circumstances.

I can only hope to be there for now, and goodluck.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    meh, it's a long shot but it might be possible.. Though i'm not sure when I finish university for xmas.. But what are a few missed lectures anyway

If someone who lives over that way can help out with hotels/whatever then its possible..
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Dont worry about stuff here. Hotels are plenty in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.... Weather is decent and actually between 15-20deg C during that time, maybe light drizzling.

I might as well stay in Abu Dhabi for a couple of days with the whole group.... but like Han said, mybe rough planning would help. Both Dubai and Abu Dhabi are very well connected and if you live in a major city I'm sure you guys will find a direct fight. The stadium is about 100-120min drive from Dubai incl gettig a parking spot.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Forum Supporter
    Tempted to drive to Abu Dhabi but heard it's packed like Dubai was 4 years ago, I most probably will be there but you never know what might happen by that time.

Indonesia

How far is Abu Dhabi from Saudi Arabia anyway? Sorry I forgot your name on the list, Principe, but it'll be great meeting you!

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    How far is Abu Dhabi from Saudi Arabia anyway? Sorry I forgot your name on the list, Principe, but it'll be great meeting you!
    Anything between 1 hour and 1 day of driving.

Depends where exactly he's from Saudi Arabia. It's a big country.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Forum Supporter
    I think I can make it in 6 hours to Abu Dhabi, I live in the Eastern Province so it won't be that far but if I'm going to be going through a lot of traffic once in the city I might just fly in and use taxis while I'm there.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Principe, I went to watch Farcelona last year, it was my first time in Abu Dhabi for about 7-8 years and I can confirm, traffic was incredibly bad especially a couple of hours before and after.. you will get a lot of flghts to Abu Dhabi, Etihad especially.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    So tickets are on sale. The best seats in the house are 40-50US$ approx per game and the best seats for the final are all unavailable.

Anyone decided yet? What about you Fagdoyo?

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    I got my tickets yesterday (have a VISA card and was able to pre-buy tickets before the rush. Shame I forgot about this because I had a chance at getting best seats for the final but missed it). So here's confirming that I'll be there. I'll be with the family for the first game (section 28) and with Hussein for the second (section 24).

I'll actually be staying in Dubai because I like it more than AD, and only driving to the games. Let's see who comes... we can meet up in Dubai or before the games.

Indonesia

I'm officially out of this trip. Personal & family reasons.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Forum Supporter
    I'm in, just got tickets for me and my friends, I kinda bought 8 tickets for each game in case I can get that many people to come with me but in any case that they don't I'll probably sell them if anybody from this forum is interested. Anyways I'm in section 31 for the semifinals and 35 for the finals because for some reason the category 1 is unavailable. I was told that I should call them in a couple of days as they might put them up for sale but for now they can't give me any info as to why they're unavailable. I tried drilling the guy for an answer but nothing came out of it, I assume big companies like Mubadala as well as the AlNuhayyans and VIPs bought quite a number of tickets for the finals. Anyways if they are on sale I will look into how I can buy cat 1 tickets and sell the tickets that I currently have for the final. I'm gonna be flying in Suneet, but I have a question do you know if motorcycle rentals are common?? if there's heavy traffic than I'm thinking of renting a bike and that way I can avoid traffic as much as possible.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Never heard of motorcycle rentals....

So Ehsan and Principe, should I buy my tickets? And is section 28 and 24 category 1 or 2?

My only issue is I dont really want to go alone to the games, that would be boring X 2. And Han, I'm dissapointed in you, yes its nothing new, but still.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Forum Supporter
    It's alright I found a couple of places through Google. What about hotels do you by any chance know where Barcelona stayed at last year? I'd like to hopefully be able to book where Inter are staying at in order to be able to get the chance to see the players during my stay there.

Indonesia

Always disappoint? Someone begs to differ. The neighbor who complained last night after you squeal like a girl.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    It's alright I found a couple of places through Google. What about hotels do you by any chance know where Barcelona stayed at last year? I'd like to hopefully be able to book where Inter are staying at in order to be able to get the chance to see the players during my stay there.
    I'm about a 10000% sure Emirates Palace Hotel is where they will stay. Its by far the most amazing hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Not cheap. Please ask me before you pay any money to the rental people.... scams here.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Suneet what are you waiting for... just buy the tickets. Seriously even if you go alone and we don't meet up, it's still a chance to see Inter live in action. A chance which may not repeat itself - just buy the tickets now and go. You may regret it forever if you don't. (P.S. The last time they were in Dubai I had a meeting and couldn't go to one of the training sessions and I still hate myself).

Here are the sections on the map from the ticketing website: https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fifacwc...assets/zsc.png

Israel

I don't love FIFA decision about the place of the Club World Cup. Someone jewish just can't to go there because of politics. they should'nt choose place that some of the people can't go there.

I would choose Japan, like it was.

Nerazzurri Israeliani
    Siamo Sempre Con Voi!

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    There's no problem with anyone Jewish entering UAE.

There might be a problem only if you have an Israeli passport, which was not allowed before this year. If you can get the Visa then there's no issue.

10 years ago even passports with Israeli stamps were not allowed, but now it doesn't matter, and being Jewish doesn't matter either. The whole issue is political not religious.