Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 289339379386387388389
Results 7,761 to 7,768 of 7768

Thread: Andrea Ranocchia

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    No problems keeping the frog as our backup.

2. Thanks (2): Ethor, Universe

Fav. Player

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    No problems keeping the frog as our backup for Coppa Italia games.
    Delaurentis has passion, he participates emotionally in the events of the team, he is a motivator. These are positive character traits, which have their downside. Like Mancini, delaurentis sometimes lets himself be drawn into statements and behaviors that may seem out of place but the value of both is not discussed.

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Fuckin disgrace this dude is playing for us for almost a decade now. That's all I wanted to say, in the lights of his imminent stay. Don't give a shit how likeable he is. Arguments people putting in his favour are the arguments you put if you are a genoa fan, or a club on similar level.

This kind of mentality of oh he is likeable dude and good enough for matches against benevento is what's part of our problem. We had countless number of players over the years with that kind of mentality and fully satisfied with those kinds of roles, just sitting on the bench having no problem with playing once or twice a month.

Ten years in inter shirt should be reserved only for starters and decent third goalkeepers, not ranocchia.

5. Thanks (2): cuba gooding, eduzee

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    Fuckin disgrace this dude is playing for us for almost a decade now. That's all I wanted to say, in the lights of his imminent stay. Don't give a shit how likeable he is. Arguments people putting in his favour are the arguments you put if you are a genoa fan, or a club on similar level.

This kind of mentality of oh he is likeable dude and good enough for matches against benevento is what's part of our problem. We had countless number of players over the years with that kind of mentality and fully satisfied with those kinds of roles, just sitting on the bench having no problem with playing once or twice a month.

Ten years in inter shirt should be reserved only for starters and decent third goalkeepers, not ranocchia.
    Not even back up cbs? He is far from the problem at Inter. Whats bad is he didn't live up to his potential as a starter which is what his wages were based on to begin with but other than that as a 3rd or 4th CB for a guy that actually likes the club and wants to stay he is not an issue.

Also not his problem he was brought in or got the contacts he go in the first place, blame the clowns that are in charge of said decisions.

Macedonia

I'd say don't do damage in regards to this case. We are seemingly unable to replace him with someone better as a backup. I can't see the urgency of forcing him out at this point. We were unable to sell him when he was younger, loaning him to other clubs in Italy/England. Now we are forcing Godin out and our defending department will get thinner.

So where the fuck is the logic in chasing him out of the club right now and only unsettling another player who is content with his role and last season did no damage that I know of, I honestly do not know. What gives?

8. Thanks (2): MVD, _OC_

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I have a problem keeping him as backup. Truth be told told, I have a problem with his continued presence at the club and have done for a long time now. I do not know what is happening with Godin. I read this morning that his transfer to Cagliari has become increasingly difficult and complicated and may not go through. If Godin were to leave, there might be more of a reason for keeping Ranocchia around but my general feeling is that we should allow him to leave or convey that he is no longer required.

My problem with Ranocchia is that he is taking up a squad position that could be allocated to a youth player or some other player. I read last week that Conte was planning to incorporate and increasingly rely on Lorenzo Pirola next season. Shouldn't Pirola or some other young player with a future at the club be given priority for minutes in the Copa Italia rather than Ranocchia?

I also think that keeping Ranocchia on the books sends the wrong message: the club is essentially rewarding a cheerleader that was made popular and legitimised by Spalletti. I do not know of any other club that has kept a player on their books because they are a cheerleader, good guy, or supportive behind the scenes. And what bothers me the most is that we already have the likes of Asamoah, Vecino, Gagliardini, and Candreva who we can not move. We have too many players on our books that are not contributing or are not up to the task of competently representing the club.

For those arguing that it is good to keep him around for that purpose and that every team needs those kind of players, I would suggest that the time has indeed come for new players to step up, prove themselves and help form a new team bond/unity or rapport. It is pretty sad that we have to count on Ranocchia, a player that has been at the club for a decade and hardly plays to fulfill and play this role.
    Last edited by Puma; 16 Sep 20 at 05:45.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    RIMANE CON NOI
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post

I disagree with you. but I cannot say you are wrong, lol

I do not know, part of me want him to stay and win scudetto with us this season after long dark years. But, deep in my heart I kind of feel like he is kind of the landmark of our shit years. And we could not get out completely of our shit years until he is gone.