Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Biraghi

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    Every game, Young beats his defender at least once, Biraghi can't, he just shoots the ball on the defenders feet and gets a corner.
    hahaha that's exactly right. it takes him like 100 hours to just push the ball and sometimes we can't even get a corner.

Europe

Biraghi never were suppose to get this much playing time. Asamoah's injury changed the situation. Considering what I expected (not much) Biraghi manage to play good level in first part of the season when we were lacking players.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Has Ashley Young or Asamoah for that matter had any attempts to take on someone and go for the kill? Don't think it has happened a lot this season from that left side. Probably Lazaro was the only one to try that from the left
    His Inter career is such a small sample size but Young has shown some good enterprise whenever and wherever he's played - and that's irrespective of any comparison with Biraghi.

He got an assist his first game against Cagliari. That same game he made a nice inward run following some good attacking movement and passing which resulted in what should've been a clear penalty from that Iuliano-esque body check. He very nearly got a second assist against Fiorentina (Vecino's header). Against Udinese he made a nice run between Larsen and De Paul, cut in, had a shot and forced a save, which should've led to a goal had Esposito not fluffed his shot.

Overall he's looked reliable in both offense and defence. His crossing seems visibly more articulate than Biraghi's. As mentioned, he displays more enterprise and smarts going forward. Fitness-wise, he doesn't look remotely inferior despite being 7 years older. I'd also say he's faster. And to me at least, he exudes more confidence to those around him - while Biraghi exudes lethargy. Not just fans, but his own teammates have been repeatedly annoyed at him for taking the safe option and killing our momentum (the entire stadium, his teammates and coaches groaned and face palmed when he backpassed instead of passing down the line for Lukaku against Atalanta etc.)

I'm not trying to make Young out to be a world beater but it's pretty fucking clear he's played very well since arriving. It confuses me as to why you're so determined to play down his solid performances while trying to play up Biraghi's blatantly mediocre performances. Then again, you do get frequently fixated on very specific opinions/agendas.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I absolutely agree. If mediocrity was a person, it'd be Biraghi.

We saw how dangerous DD was late in the game when playing as a RB. You can't expect that from Biraghi. The moment he takes the ball, I know for sure that nothing is gonna come out of it.

Worst thing is that he thinks he is the shit.
    Biraghi is poor man's D'Ambrosio minus the ability to go forward and score.

Canada

Has Ashley Young or Asamoah for that matter had any attempts to take on someone and go for the kill? Don't think it has happened a lot this season from that left side. Probably Lazaro was the only one to try that from the left
    Ashley Young beat his man versus Udinese and put a shot on target that Esposito then scuffed straight at the keeper. That play alone is probably more than Biraghi can do in terms of taking a man on.

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I'm not trying to make Young out to be a world beater but it's pretty fucking clear he's played very well since arriving. It confuses me as to why you're so determined to play down his solid performances while trying to play up Biraghi's blatantly mediocre performances. Then again, you do get frequently fixated on very specific opinions/agendas.
    Young came from EPL. To make it worse, he's English. Too much for him.

7. Thanks (3): InterFCAustin, Universe, Wings

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I don't know if it'll last, because Asamoah was decent too initially, but this position is perfect for Ashley Young. He started out as a winger if I recall, and later moved to LB, so he was pretty much a "tweener". That's perfect for LWB, which is a mixture of the two. He can attack without being the primary source of offence, but also doesn't have to defend as much with 3 CBs stretching out.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

Young taking on his man, making multiple forward passes, actually trying to make things happen. You don't see this with Biraghi.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

10. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, MVD, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Biraghi gets mad underrated here.

Sure, he is limited but Young? Come on. Other than being more aggressive Young doesn't do much more than Biraghi. Tactically he is much weaker as well which is vital for the position he is playing since the wings are our most vulnerable spots.
    Maybe Young is a bit more cocky and confident with the ball, but that doesn't show much.

With either player we have a similar outcome. Biraghi being able to use both feet for a cross and having a better shot could prove more useful offensively in certain situations.

The only serious argument against him is that he actually does feel lethargic at times, unlike D'Ambrosio, Young, Candreva or even Moses who just runs about but at least that's something.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    People talking about Dalbert being better need to watch Inter vs Empoli.

Biraghi is solid he has a decent cross and strong defensively but his only problem is that he doesn't have that spark which makes him beat his man which is sorely missing for us out wide that's his only problem. He's a decent option on the bench and a homegrown player, it's funny how people scream "WE HAVE NO PLAYERS FROM OUR PRIMAVERA" and then when we have one we want to chop his balls off and feed them to him.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

13. Thanks (1): Linege

Serbia

Cristiano Biraghi has claimed Inter were tired after the derby, but “unfortunate” to go down against Napoli in the first leg of the semi-finals in the Coppa Italia.

The Azzurri returned to Naples with an advantage after their 1-0 win at San Siro, but Biraghi believes the Nerazzurri have already proved that they can turn the game around.

The left-back pointed at the comeback in the 4-2 win against Milan in the Derby della Madonnina last weekend and said the players felt tired after the intense match against their arch-rivals.

“Surely, the derby is a game that absorbs multiple games. We had to put all our energy into the second half,” he told Rai Sport. “We can feel this, but we were also unlucky.

“Now we will try to hit back in the return leg. In many games we have been able to break down a closed opponent and win the game. This time it didn’t happen.

“We lost 1-0 and in Naples we won 3-1. We can still do it.”

“We have faith in Daniele Padelli, who did well at Udinese,” he added. “Handanovic is still number one, but we are also calm when Padelli is in goal.”

He was also critical of his own game against the Partenopei and said he will “analyse it”.

“I could have assisted the attackers in a better way,” he admitted. “I will analyse it tomorrow. It’s difficult when a team close down this much. We have to find the key to win similar games too.”

15. Thanks (3): MVD, Ronin, YoramG

Canada

Biraghi gets mad underrated here.

Sure, he is limited but Young? Come on. Other than being more aggressive Young doesn't do much more than Biraghi. Tactically he is much weaker as well which is vital for the position he is playing since the wings are our most vulnerable spots.
    Maybe Young is a bit more cocky and confident with the ball, but that doesn't show much.

With either player we have a similar outcome. Biraghi being able to use both feet for a cross and having a better shot could prove more useful offensively in certain situations.

The only serious argument against him is that he actually does feel lethargic at times, unlike D'Ambrosio, Young, Candreva or even Moses who just runs about but at least that's something.
    People just gave examples and videos of Young taking players on etc. which you previously felt he hardly does. Biraghi doesn't even have a better shot than Young - they probably have a similar number of shots in target in Serie A this season despite Biraghi playing like 15 more games.

You dont have to keep up an agenda simply because one guy is English and came from EPL while another is an Inter youth product.

17. Thanks (1): Ronin

Greece

I'm pretty sure we can find similar Biraghi footage if anyone actually bothered.

Nothing impressive about Young there. He didn't do anything better than what Biraghi was doing really and from that video you can see how he leaves space open behind him which luckily was not abused by the opposition and his assist came after a rather bad touch that the defender didn't try to get a hold off which was doable, lucky for us again.

In fact, it has nothing to do with how I view Young. There's a much more significant bias and noise against Italian players here than anything else. Gagliardini plays? Sell him! D'Ambrosio starts? Bench him! Candreva exists? Kill him! Biraghi! Oh my allergies! Only Vecino gets as much hate as the Italians and that's also unwarranted most of the time.

People are blinded by their despise towards Italian players because they perceive them as guys who are just riding along instead of worthy members of the squad. Guess what? Most of the time these barks are way off. As it is now with Biraghi. We could do a lot better than both Biraghi and Young, but there's not a chaotic distance between them. Biraghi is better at some things, Young at others. Overall, same shit.

Conte uomo di merda

Canada

And why is no one making those comments about Barella, Sensi, or Bastoni? They are Italian too so that theiry doesn't work.

Lukaku also gets a lot of hate here from certain individuals that is unwarranted. While certain individuals will also defend Icardi in certain games where he does nothing putting the blame in his teammates instead.

20. Thanks (5): Batman, Ronin, Universe, varmin, Wings

Greece

Sensi got a lot of heat before he arrived and in the last few months some people don't even want to redeem him...

Barella also got some bad comments until he turned on the style in late September.

Bastoni was the only one that people didn't really whine about.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    What the actual fuck brehme you’re out of your mind you loony
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. Thanks (3): acroMacho, magnesium, Wings

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Don't buy any Italian negativity bias.

But I agree with brehme that Young is getting VASTLY overrated compared to Biraghi. Sample size is super small but let's give Young this half a season and then rate him and I bet his rating won't be considerably higher than Biraghi's. Biraghi has had to play week in week out without a proper backup for several months already. Young won't have that problem. Anyway, his problem will be exactly the same as Biraghi's which is our system (if Conte refuses to change stuff), way more than the individual ability. The system makes them look bad because the opponents have read our system and know how to defend against it. Our WBs are there most of the time for cycling the ball and people are getting frustrated to watch that. None of them can straight out beat their man with the ball.

Canada

Sensi got a lot of heat before he arrived and in the last few months some people don't even want to redeem him...

Barella also got some bad comments until he turned on the style in late September.

If you use this kind of logic though, every player has gotten heat regardless of nationality. There have been posters complaining about Handanovic sometimes not moving when a goal goes in, lots of complaints about Skriniar this season, people have complained about Alexis Sanchez, Lukaku, etc... Like you say, Bastoni is actually one of the players who's gotten the least criticism and he is Italian, so I don't get the Italian bias you are referring to.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

I disagree, I remember before the summer people were dubbing Barella to be the next midfield superstar. The biggest talent of Italia and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

27. Thanks (4): MVD, Ronin, thatdude, Wings

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I disagree, I remember before the summer people were dubbing Barella to be the next midfield superstar. The biggest talent of Italia and so on.
    Not talking before his arrival. I'm talking about after his first games.

I think the Milan game was when everyone was finally on board with that transfer.

With Sensi people were doubting him before they even saw him. Then they called him Iniesta. Now some don't even want to redeem him.

Conte uomo di merda