Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Biraghi

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Nagatomo, Santon, Dalbert, Biraghi, we are definitely cursed.

2. Thanks (1): Universe

United States

Like I said before, this guy is just a warm body.

Thank god Asamoah is back.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Biraghi ain't world beater either, like none of our wingbacks after Maicon. Our wingbacks are very dependent on midfield to function and at the moment our midfield isn't functional at all because of the two key injuries.

5. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Rain, vex

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Serie B level player. So frustrating to see people brought to the club simply because of CL list.
    ďIs shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?Ē

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    He’s underperforming, simple as that. He’s never been great but he’s more solid than he’s shown.

That said, a 6/10 player who keeps turning in 4/10 performances is unacceptable. It’s not the first time a mid-table player has failed to meet the standards of a bigger club.

The season is still long but if he doesn’t raise his game drastically the cunt can chump off back to Florence.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Mediocre player. Would start Asamoah any day of the week.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

have we bought this player already or is it just a loan - nvm option to buy for 12 apparently

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Thanks God that he is only on loan here.

Fav. Player
    Lukaku, Barella

Germany

Had lots of room yesterday, but couldn't do shit. He is way too average too get bought and his primavera status isn't reason enough to buy him. Tbh I would love to see what DiMarco can. Younger, braver and he can't be that much worse.
    When our midfielders come back, Asamoah can be our starting LWB again.

That position is by far our weakest one. Next summer we have to get someone new. Problem is that there are just view great players on that position...

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Nagatomo, Santon, Dalbert, Biraghi, we are definitely cursed.
    The real tragedy is the list is way much longer. Gresko, Coco, Favalli, Wome, Grosso, Perreira, Ansaldi. There were also some decent players in the last 20 years but the left back position has mostly been cursed for us.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

13. Thanks (3): DARi0, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

15. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Eddie, GenDire, MVD

The most he can aspire to here is a bench role. I think he could be a good fit for that if he's willing.
    I think he's a decent player and that's it. Our worst player on the pitch vs Roma without question.

17. Thanks (1): vex

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Whoscored is just a bunch of hipster amateurs. Stop paying attention to this sort of wannabes. All they want is to pretend they are relevant in the world of football because they cannot become football players, club owners, managers, agents or journalists.

The only good one is Opta but I'm not sure if they are into the naivety of "rating" players' performance.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Whoscored is just a bunch of hipster amateurs. Stop paying attention to this sort of wannabes. All they want is to pretend they are relevant in the world of football because they cannot become football players, club owners, managers, agents or journalists.

The only good one is Opta but I'm not sure if they are into the naivety of "rating" players' performance.
    Or they are just providing a statistical insight into football and at least base their arguments on actual facts...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Or they are just providing a statistical insight into football and at least base their arguments on actual facts...
    And which facts gives Biraghi that kind of score for November?

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    And which facts gives Biraghi that kind of score for November?
    https://www.whoscored.com/Explanations

If I knew how the algorithm works I would've been running WhoScored probably. It's their product, the info comes from Opta.

Again, whether you choose to rely on statistical analysis or not is up to you. I'm a fan of stats but I too take it with a grain of salt - after all, it's a helpful tool not some voodoo that replaces critical thinking. Maybe the reason Biraghi was included isn't because he is some world-beater but the fact that he's the best from a shitty crop or out of form of fullbacks in Serie A currently.

Still, labeling them as frauds just because you don't agree with statistical analysis in football is plain ignorant. I'd refer you and brehme to a wonderful book named Moneyball. All top sports clubs rely on statistical analysis to some extent to make informed decisions when it comes to preparation and scouting but hey, let's disregard the whole field altogether.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

23. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, MVD

Greece

Moneyball. Yes. A great one which I've read as every other Michael Lewis book. But it is for baseball... A static sport where numbers makes sense.

Another Americanism that intruded their other sports and the numbers make no sense either (see Moreyball for basketball and how it pretty much ruined the NBA with ratings down 20+ % as more teams are following that bullshit).
    This is pretty much like using the technique to make wine from grapes to cauliflower and expect that it should work because wine has turned out great.

I didn't dismiss statistical analysis. I just said that sites like Whoscored are essentially a hipster's paradise. They think that everything can be attributed to some numbers based on some random algorithms.

Biraghi has a high rating for example because his crosses were received. Doesn't matter how shit they were, the success rate will be in his favor.

The biggest hogwash of them all is xGoals of course.

But either way, you cannot claim that Biraghi is having a great time. You cannot also say that he's absolutely shit. He's closer to being a liability than an asset but he's not a destructive presence. Let's leave it at that.

Conte uomo di merda

25. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I am defending WhoScored on principle. It's a tool and it should be regarded as such. Similar as to how you can't blame Facebook for people being idiots on Facebook or whores whoring on Instagram, you can't blame WhoScored for people taking it too seriously and basing their outlook on players purely on some made up number they have. It serves a purpose, sometimes interesting insights can come to light when looking at a player's profile but you should supplement this information with what you've observed and combine the best of both worlds.

But yes, I said it in the WhatsApp group - Biraghi is a Santon type of player, good to great at some things but a liability overall.
    ó Massimo Moratti

27. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

Greece

If WhoScored was what you are saying they are instead of what I said they are, they wouldn't be doing these clickbait stuff about teams of the month, player of the week etc.

They themselves view it as an objective criterion and believe that their analysis shows the big picture.
    This is basically what they say about themselves:
    WhoScored.com Ratings are considered to be the most accurate, respected and well-known performance indicators in the world of football. Our ratings are currently used among media giants, bookmakers and football clubs.
    I mean, it doesn't sound like a tool but some people viewing themselves as great football analysts.

As someone who has a crazy and weird love for numbers I'm quite disappointed in the direction this "statistical analysis" in the sports world has taken place. And Whoscored - even if it seems like a nice idea and I can safely say that I do use some of their information - is part of the problem.

Conte uomo di merda

Netherlands

Expectations were not high, but he has still failed to meet them. I expected him to provide better set pieces (he hasn't), timely crosses (rarely), and more offensively than Asamoah (not even close). Not going to call him a small club player yet, but it's trending that way.

30. Thanks (4): Devious, MVD, Palacio, thatdude