Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Biraghi

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti

Bosnia Herzegovina

Solid backup, not making mistakes, good defending, solid cross, very good decision making, nice anticipation, accurate passes. Nothing flashy and not starting material, but a solid backup.
    Da li vam đahkada na sabahu ćuna napamet pada?

2. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I'm just glad Asamoah can get a rest every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Sweden

Backup ?! XD

Far superior to Asamoah

United States

My personal preference out of wingbacks is a "steady presence" with strong 2 way play so I really liked what I saw yesterday. He's not world class but he put in a good shift yesterday and had a total of 6 crosses, 3 key passes, and played solidly. Without his early cross (which is something we've lacked) we drop 2 points.

I'd like to see him combine a little more on the left side but idk if I see that happening considering how hesitant and awkward Skriniar looks in the back 3.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mNewHere View Post
    Backup ?! XD

Far superior to Asamoah
    I agree, i dont think there is even a comparison, we both may be blind though if what i am seeing in the comments is real

Italy

I didn't know much about him and I thought he would only be a decent back-up. But his impact was far superior to what Asamoah usually brings on the table.

He can cross with both feet which makes him attacking wise superior to the aging Asamoah (yeah I know he will barely turn 31 in December, but the difference compared to what he was 3 years ago is clear).

I need to see Biraghi again to understand how good he is in defence, but I would conclude he deserves to be the starter against Sampdoria.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

8. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Netherlands

At least between him and Sensi the setpieces are sorted

India

Not as good as his superb intro video but still pretty cool

Europe

28 Forum Supporter
    time to shine, kid

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Starting tonight against Liechtenstein. With the way this NT break is going, can't wait for some fucker with an umlaut in their name to jump feet first into his knee.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

He assisted already
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

14. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Forget what the scoreline says, Italy were poor today, specially in the first half. I understand it was Azzurri reserves, but still it was against Liechtenstein!

But the silver lining was that Biraghi had a solid game. He was attacking from the left from the first minute, almost playing like a winger. Very impressed by the lad, if he can play like this regularly, he should be a starter for Inter.

Sweden

Poor on the first Sassuolo goal but FAR superior to Asamoah going forward.

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

I have no problem with what he did, he got intercepted on a pass then Berrardi won the duel on the wing, can happen to any wing defender, i thought Handa had the goal covered but it was a great shot, the great thing about him is he is will to play football, go forward, make passes crosses etc, he even had a close header on goal.

19. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Netherlands

Woeful man marking on the first goal, but it was also Bastoni's fault. Pretty average performance from a pretty average player. He's best used against these smaller clubs when we need to be attack-focused. Save Asamoah for the more open games where we need some defensive stability.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Don't see what positives there were to be taken from his performance which was largely negative IMO. His deliveries, whether crosses or corners were all crap. Where Biraghi is supposed to be better than Asamoah is crossing, but he failed today. Then of course he gave away the ball in a poor position in transition and failed to close down Berardi for the goal. Aside from one nice dribble he had going forward, it was a very poor match from Biraghi IMO.

Asamoah was run ragged by Messi at Camp Nou. Honestly, not that much of an issue to me considering it's fucking Messi at Camp Nou. He was outright poor against juve, defending badly and failing to contribute offensively either. That aside, he's been very reliable.

I don't have a clue what people see, or think they're seeing in 2 games of Biraghi compared to Asamoah this season. I feel like a lot of people are saying they prefer Biraghi to Asamoah based on what they've seen from Asamoah last season. What kind of player exactly does everyone think Biraghi is? How much Biraghi did everyone watch in previous seasons? He's honestly not that much better than Asmoah, if at all. While I like Biraghi and I was all for his signing, he's just another depth player. In my eyes, aside from their differing attributes, there's very little difference in quality between them. I'd argue Asamoah is better for the role and our "Plan A" game plan.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Biraghi though does add another dimension going forward. Asamoah is sometimes just too predictable. Blame it on his Alvarez like right foot.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

23. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Pajo

Doubtful he'll ever be that great, but I don't think his return will be a flop either.
    Pretty poor game yesterday, but I'll chock that up to an off day which every player will have.
    I actually don't know too much about him defensively, but his technique is quite good, especially crossing and shooting.
    Given that he spent most of his career playing LB in a back 4, I'm hoping Conte can sure up any holes in his defending as it shouldn't be too foreign to him compared to Lazaro.

He should be able to inherit the role from Asamoah when the time comes until we can replace him with a real top player in that position.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

If hes inheriting Asamoah's spot then it would mean a that there is a total disappearance of LBs. Asamoah is serviceable, but he wouldnt have got skinned by berardi on his weak foot on a shit angle.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

And Handanovic wouldnt have let such an angled shot get past him if he was in goal