Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CL coefficients and why Serie A clubs struggle in Europa League

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

We will be behind Portugal clubs starting from 2013 if we don't beat them by at least 1.5 points next season. At least I'm glad 'more competitive and improving serie A' talk is over.

2. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Wes, Guarin

Italy

i can see Milan's goodbye to CL in next round unless they get one of Marseille, Benfica or Apoel.

Firstly, italian clubs should focus on lowering Taxes, which kills the football in italia. Then new stadiums are a must. After all, our league can compete the likes of Spain and England. Otherwise, Portugal clubs will pass us too.
    interista girl

Fav. Player
    Guarin

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Pelin_X View Post
    i can see Milan's goodbye to CL in next round unless they get one of Marseille, Benfica or Apoel.

Firstly, italian clubs should focus on lowering Taxes, which kills the football in italia. Then new stadiums are a must. After all, our league can compete the likes of Spain and England. Otherwise, Portugal clubs will pass us too.
    Getting new stadiums is a must because it solves multiple problems at once. There is no reason why we should ever be mentioned in the same breath as the Portuguese league. (Not blaming you, just saying how far we have fallen)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Quoting another forum member in your signature makes you look stupid.

Fav. Player
    Sneijder & Eto

Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Pelin_X View Post

In terms of taxes, they can't lower taxes in Italy for football, unless u want the people in Italy to have a revolt. With what's going on in the world right now and especially in Europe, there is no way they would lower taxes in Italian football and then raise taxes for the average Joe's (regular people) in Italy. There would be a revolt.

Anyhow a lot of the teams in football around the world are in debt. For example in la liga, besides real Madrid and Barcelona every other team is almost bankrupt. Due to the fact that most of those teams don't even have television rights and don't have the money compared to Madrid and Barcelona to buy big name players. Even in England in the epl, there are teams in financial problems. Milan won't lose, they can beat Barcelona and bayern Munich. There is no other team, besides Madrid that should give Milan a real problem.

The thing I don't think people are putting into a factor is that Italian teams match up good against other teams so Barcelona can be defeated by an Italian team.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

6. Thanks (2): Caecuban, CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Guarin

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by ghostnik11 View Post

The thing I don't think people are putting into a factor is that Italian teams match up good against other teams so Barcelona can be defeated by an Italian team.
    Quoting another forum member in your signature makes you look stupid.

Fav. Player
    samuel etoo

Australia

i agree about milan not being able to beat madrid but i dont think milan can beat barca either tbh. Barca will just run though their wingbacks like they weren't even present cuz c'mon they have antonini n abate is well ok but still not quality. One 35 year old as their CDM who, despite being a fantastic player, he simply isnt good enough to neutralize the threats posed by barca's attacking trident.
    Last edited by victor_inter; 29 Jul 14 at 10:13.

Fav. Player
    Sneijder & Eto

Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by victor_inter View Post
    i agree about milannot being able to beat madrid but i dont think milan cna beat barca as well tbh. Barca will just run though their wingback like they weren't even present cuz c'mon they have antonini n abate is well ok but still not quality. One 35 year old as CDM, although he is a fantastic player i dont think he is a match for barca's attacking trident.
    This is the same thing they said about inter when we faced them in champions league under mourihno. All my friends said to me its over for inter they will be wiped away like an ant getting blown in the wind, when they play Barcelona and you know what happened inter beat them and then went on to win the treble.

Your right Milan might not have the wingbacks or youth to stop Barcelona's all out attack, but there is one factor that we don't input into the equation and that is heart, fight, and determination (which we at inter hasn't had this season). Don't doubt that Milan will go with guns blazing in a battle to the death against Barcelona, they have done it in the group stages against them. And in both games Barcelona barely pulled through, the first game was a draw and the second Barceclona won 3 to 2 but barely won. At least not the way they usually win where they dominate teams. We will see I hope they don't get Barcelona, Madrid or bayern Munich because they further they go the better it is for serie a. I hope they draw Chelsea or Marseilles and reek havoc on those teams.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Fav. Player
    Sneijder & Eto

Jamaica

I didn't know that napoli got eliminated from champions league as I didn't get to watch the match and I was hoping they would be dark horse but in typical napoli fashion they do good then they do bad. Should have not been eliminated by a weak Chelsea side who are in shambles but anyhow now its all up to Milan to protect the serie a name in champions league.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

11. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Hazard :D

Sri Lanka

10 Forum Supporter
    Lol portugal overtaking us next year since our UCL win will be 5 years back hahahah

man it's sad how far italy has fallen. =/

Italy needs to modernize the league, we're getting shoved aside and it's frustrating as fuck.

Fav. Player

Malaysia

4/5 teams need to be sold to the super rich Arabs or else we 'll end up with 2 cl teams

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    UNIQUE AND UNBEATABLE
    Josť Mourinho

To me Zanetti represents the joy of living, the joy of making football your job every morning. He is the smile, the life force, the passion for training, the good cheer for everyone who works with him. To me Javier Zanetti is all of these things, and he is a man that I'm happy to say will be a friend forever.
    After all of that, and a long way behind, comes the footballer. But having been his coach for only two years of his incredible career, it's not my place to talk about a man who has written his own story - and what a marvellous story it is. All I will say is thank you for everything, thank you for giving me a small space in your story. What I will cherish most is that hug in the middle of the Santiago Bernabeu: it won't be the last but it was certainly the most intense of our two years together.
    Perhaps one day somebody might beat Zanetti's record, but there will only ever be one Zanetti.

Japan

Worst Username
    Don't worry, we're gonna win EL and CL next season. Even Real Madrid is nothing against us.

Canada

16 FI Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Lol portugal overtaking us next year since our UCL win will be 5 years back hahahah

man it's sad how far italy has fallen. =/

Italy needs to modernize the league, we're getting shoved aside and it's frustrating as fuck.
    isn't the 3-5-2 revolution doing just that?

16. Thanks (1): Fapuccino

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraits View Post
    4/5 teams need to be sold to the super rich Arabs or else we 'll end up with 2 cl teams

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Clubs need their own stadiums. Not just Juventus who are rich already. Every single club needs their own stadio. No wonder you see clubs go bankrupt every summer in Italy. Where the fuck is the revenue coming from? A small pittance from shirt sponsors and broadcasting deals. Italian football is still stuck in the 90's. It's quite sad.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    Clubs need their own stadiums. Not just Juventus who are rich already.
    Saddest thing is Juventus the only club in Italy who own their stadium, broke 103 point record, couldn't even afford 25-30m for Sanchez, which 4th placed Arsenal easily bought for 40 after World Cup.

Stadiums or no stadiums, Italian clubs will never be able to compete with EPL or RM/Barca financially. That ship sailed a long time ago. They had the chance to globalize a decade ago, but had the "if it works now just keep doing it" Mazzari mentality.

The only chance for them to get back is to start with B teams and produce their own talents (which they have plenty but RARELY get the chance to prove themselves and waste it).

Because they will never be able to afford Bales or Ronaldos.

Fav. Player
    M'Vila

Italy

I agree, B teams are the way to go and I hope it happens soon. It'll make the league much much better imo.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Hazard :D

Sri Lanka

10 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    isn't the 3-5-2 revolution doing just that?
    You removed your signature............got laid already?

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    You removed your signature............got laid already?
    Yup..

Fav. Player
    Rasha

Slovenia

grats

that's why you are again on FIF
    Inter 2014/2015 - I predict 4th/5th place, roughly 68 points. Playing better, but not by much. Injuries galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Yawn. Jonathan was called shit because he was shit. He is being praised because he is playing decently and because it's mildly entertaining. No need to get an 'I-told-you-so' erection over this.

Our players aren't babies. They don't need to be coddled when they're playing terribly.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    grats

that's why you are again on FIF
    Been sick for the past few days.. and had the day off from work

24. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

So you got sick a few days after, eh?

26. Thanks (1): Pharaoh