Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesco Toldo

Quote Originally Posted by Marco The Butcher
    I would trade Toldo for Buffon(Not even a thousand hearts would define his class), Cassillas(spelling) , Canizares , Given , Niemi , Kahn and Pelizolli
    Niemi He's the reason why Southampton is my favourite in EPL...

Quote Originally Posted by Bianconeri
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    So I said Chimenti is inferior to Carini/Toldo/Fontana. Where´s the flip-flop?
    you said that Chimenti and Bonnefoi combined aren't even half Fontana and that we need to buy new goalkeepers, things that simply aren't true (all the credit to Fontana who is one of my favourite Inter-players), but you said that Chimenti and Bonnefoi suck badly, though they are excellent back-ups...
    For God´s sake, I said what I said. And since I never use the word "suck" you´re putting words into my mouth. Now, I´m sure you already read my comments. Hence you should know my opinion. Chimenti is not a bad keeper, he´s just not on Fontana or Abbiati´s (spelling) level!

In My Bloody Opinion...
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Question to Cristiano from Inter.it "What's your opinion of Francesco Toldo's declarations about referees and Juventus?"

What has Toldo said and when? Anyone read anything about this?
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Question to Cristiano from Inter.it "What's your opinion of Francesco Toldo's declarations about referees and Juventus?"

What has Toldo said and when? Anyone read anything about this?
    I tried searching for those comments but to no avail...I wanted to know too
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I think they ment Totti, CZ's ex-teammate.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Yep, just like I predicted, it's a typo. This is from the italian version:

Che cosa pensa delle dichiarazioni di Francesco Totti sugli arbitri e sulla Juventus?

"Sinceramente non ci ho mai pensato. Io penso ad andare in campo la domenica e a dare sempre il massimo, queste cose lasciano il tempo che trovano".

Good job inter.it/en! What is happening to you? I bet some of their excellent old employees are gone or something. How can you do a misprint as important as this when you are the official voice of the club?

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Hey look guys

ONCE THINS IS FOR CERTAIN

IF MAN UTD WANT TOLDO TO LEAD THEM NEXT YEAR
    Then Inter is making a mistake of letting him go

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Yep, just like I predicted, it's a typo. This is from the italian version:

Che cosa pensa delle dichiarazioni di Francesco Totti sugli arbitri e sulla Juventus?
    Well done inspector Hamed.

Totti, Toldo, what´s the difference anyway?
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Mido, I can't believe that Cech's name slipped off your list.

Handyo

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    I don't actually mind Toldo leaving, just not to another Serie A club, especially Milan or Juventus. If he goes to Man Utd, or some other EPL club, then I don't mind. Considering we already have Carini, and Julio Cesar, I don't see the need for Toldo.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

I just read on channel4.com Toldo said he could retire in summer after being hevily criticized by the media and the fans..

Toldo is still a very good GK IMO, a couple of mistakes don't change that..BTW, is roumor about Frey to Inter positive to you or not???

I kinda understand him, the way he have been playing the last year, he should retire. On the other hand it would be nice to get some cash for him. As it looks now we will lose 2 goalies this summer.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Toldo should not retire. He has 3 options:

1) Stay at Inter as vice-Frey

2) Go to Arsenal (no problems there, no one could be nearly as bad as Lehman)

3) Go to Fiorentina (they would love him to bits).
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    3) Go to Fiorentina (they would love him to bits).
    You could rule that out. He said in an interview that that chapter of his life is done.

Player of the Week: Toldo (Inter)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Toldo was undoubtedly the hero of Inter’s 1-0 win over Juventus at the Stadio Delle Alpi on Wednesday. The goalkeeper was literally unbeatable, not only helping to maintain his side’s record as Serie A’s most in-form outfit of 2005, but also keeping alive the title hopes of city rivals Milan.

It has not been a great campaign thus far for Toldo, with club owner Massimo Moratti hinting that the veteran ‘keeper may be on his way out at the end of the season. But the 33-year-old has responded in the best way possible.

Against League leaders Juventus in Week 32, the shot-stopper made a string of fantastic saves, most of which came against Zlatan Ibrahimovic. And when he was finally beaten, the frame of the goal came to his aid on two occasions.

After Julio Cruz gave Inter the lead in the first half, it was a dominant second-half display from the Bianconeri, with Toldo making at least three match-winning saves from the super Swede. As well as a fierce free kick from Ibra, Toldo performed heroics again as the international chested down and rifled a shot towards goal, only to see the massive ‘keeper palm it away.

The former Fiorentina man has undoubtedly been one of Inter’s best players since the turn of the year and perhaps deserves to stay at the club for another season. With speculation rife, however, of a possible return for current Parma ‘keeper Sebastien Frey, Toldo’s future at the club remains uncertain.

Although the San Siro giants have lost just once in the League, to neighbours Milan, they are too far off the pace to worry the Serie A leaders. Going out to the Rossoneri in the Champions’ League quarter-finals effectively ended their major goals for the season and could have signaled the end of Toldo’s time in Milan.

Toldo’s early season form with Inter was so indifferent that he was dropped by Roberto Mancini, who favoured veteran Alberto Fontana for a time. However, even he proved unreliable between the sticks as Mancio searched for some consistency at the back. Now, with Toldo back in goal, Inter have the best defensive record of 2005, conceding just 11 - better than both Milan and Juventus.

Whether Toldo is forced out of the Nerazzurri or if he decides to quit the club in the summer remains to be seen. However, one thing is for certain. With so many English clubs desperate for a world class ‘keeper, the former Italian international won’t be short of suitors – especially if he puts in a few more performances like the one against Juventus.

From www.channel4.com
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Vice-Frey, Francesco? Disgraceful...

I hope Toldo is our no.1 one more year.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Vice-Frey, Francesco? Disgraceful...

I hope Toldo is our no.1 one more year.
    Yeah, that would be hilarious. Toldo in the bench and that French bitch between the black and blue posts.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I agree!

To change a famous quote:

DA SEMPRE SUPERIORE,

MAI STATE IN PARMA!

:inter:

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

SERIE A INVINCIBILITY RECORD FOR INTER
    Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15

[FOTO Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15] MILAN - Francesco Toldo and the Inter defence have finished off the 2004/05 Serie A campaign by setting the seasonal record of minutes played without conceding a goal. Including the 0-0 draw at home to Reggina, no team has scored against Inter for 450 minutes. The Nerazzurri rearguard therefore overtakes the AC Milan defence, which during the course of the season remained unbeaten for 430 minutes.

Who needs a new Keeper?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by intermilansg
    SERIE A INVINCIBILITY RECORD FOR INTER
    Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15

[FOTO Monday, 30 May 2005 15:10:15] MILAN - Francesco Toldo and the Inter defence have finished off the 2004/05 Serie A campaign by setting the seasonal record of minutes played without conceding a goal. Including the 0-0 draw at home to Reggina, no team has scored against Inter for 450 minutes. The Nerazzurri rearguard therefore overtakes the AC Milan defence, which during the course of the season remained unbeaten for 430 minutes.

Who needs a new Keeper?
    God, the irony!!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion