Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup Bids

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup Bids

With inspection visits finishing up soon, it's about time to discuss this.

The hosts will be named on December 2nd. 2018 is most likely between England and Russia, with 2022 being a little more wide open.

979,012 people have signed the petition for the bid to come to the US. If you live there, sign it! Go USA Bid
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

wow it seemed only like yesterday when they last hosted it in 94...
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    '94 was my first WC experience. Thoroughly enjoyed it even though I was clueless about some stuff (I was only 10... and canadian lol) I do remember Baggio carrying Italy on his back all the way to the Finals however.

England will get either 2018 or 2022 no doubt about it. It's been far too long since they hosted it and have all the infrastructure to do it. I'd be absolutely stoked if the US got it though. That way, I'd be able to attend some games and it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Then again, I could be a bum by 2018...

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I'm guessing England will get the 2018 games, not a doubt in my mind. 2022 I'd love to see the US because I can catch a few games in person. Plus I believe if England wins the 2018 games, wouldn't that rule out all remaining European bids for the 2022 cup? If so, I'd take the US over Australia and Qatar...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I "hope" it's not England in 2018 and that it's USA 2022.
    Don't want to go to England where everyone is forced to sit etc
    USA will be different because it's a huge country, a great tourist destination, and I will have more reasons to explore it

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Personally I want aus to get a wc. Not sure if they have submitted a bid for 2018 or 2022 though. USA has had one but australia has never had one and I think its time.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Personally I want aus to get a wc. Not sure if they have submitted a bid for 2018 or 2022 though. USA has had one but australia has never had one and I think its time.
    We have indeed applied for the 2022 world cup our bid is good, but apparently we bribed judges and it's going to hurt us. Who knows..

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Ideally, I'd want Portugal & Spain or Belgium & Netherlands for 2018 one. Even Russia. It's definitely going to Europe imo.
    Then 2022 USA or Australia. Never been to Australia and I said earlier why I'd like the USA.

Definitely don't want Japan or South Korea hosting another one.
    Qatar I'm not sure what their chances are.

Prediction:
    It's USA & England. (if Australia indeed bribed judges and created a scandal and all...)
    Both are eligible for both tournaments, so it'll be 2018 England and 2022 USA since 2014 will be in Brazil. Doubt they'll have it twice in a row overseas. And I really doubt they'll start a trend with twice in a row not in Europe.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Qatar is trying to campaign for the WC with "Arab unity, connecting them to the rest of the world" as their focal point. I don't think this works...

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think it'll go back to England in 2018, it's been a while since they've hosted and they already have great stadiums.

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    England 2018, USA 2022 imo. Although I hope USA comes sooner or later, would love to attend something close to home. I was only 5 when the '94 World Cup was here so I missed out on that one.

Portugal/Spain would make sense too though since Spain just won the cup, but I bet England and USA are decided over them.

Fav. Player
    ALL inter squad

Italy

plzz come to usa, it would be a dream come true, and would give the economy a jump start.
    INTER CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!WE WON THE TREBLE..GRAZIE MOURINHO. NON MOLLARE MAI..."se tringo la mano di un milanista mi lo lavo. se stringo la mano di un juventino mi lo canto"
    milan0 inter 4 inter 2 milan 0 milan+juve=merda
    PAZZA INTER AMALA

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Indonesia.

Thank God it didn't happen, woulda been embarrassing for me as an Indonesian. (It sure is bound to utterly fail)

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Those who want the World Cup to come to the USA, if you have not already please sign the petition that will be submitted to FIFA when they come to visit the US next week to inspect our stadiums.

http://www.gousabid.com/page/s/sticker/

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso, Zane

Jordan

I might be in the minority here, but I am totally supporting Qatar's bid.
    The country has the money,time and resources to do it, and they can host it in a truly grand scale.
    Before you say I am biased, I know that I live in Qatar, but I am not actually Qatari, so its not a
    patriotic thing for me. I do know the country's capabilities though, and it can be truly amazing for
    them to host it. Besides, the middle east has to get the chance to host it once!

Here's their official site if you are interested to know more about the bid:
    http://www.qatar2022bid.com/

Also, seriously check out the video of the first 5 stadiums they are planning to fix or build...UNBELIEVABLE.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti!

Ireland

I really hope England get the 2018 WC, be so easy for us Irish to travel over.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I wouldn't mind England getting the WC so when they choke again, we have even more reasons to make fun of them since this time they would have choked on home soil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Sweden

Wow, 2022! That's sounds like some year in a movie then the earth is invades by aliens and everybody driving their cars in the air, fuelled by happiness.

I want all World Cup's in a country where football is big. Maybe I'm narrow minded but therefore I say no to countries like USA, Japan, Australia and so forth. Well, actually to all countries aside Europeans and some South American ones. And it would be even better if it's hosted as near Sweden as possible.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Isn't the point of the WC to help the sport grow in countries where it may not be considered a big sport, along with unity and all that stuff? And say what you want about the US not being a great soccer country, they certainly have the advantage in terms of venues that are ready.

And additionally, all European countries will be ineligible in 2022 assuming England or Russia gets the 2018 WC, and since the South American countries are already ineligible for both, that means US/Qatar/Australia/Japan is a lock
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????