Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racism

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Racism

We would like to re-iterate that forza inter forums have a zero tolerance towards racism. Previously, we weren't crystal clear about this so I am here to clarify and give some examples about what is allowed and what's not:
    1. Saying the N word

Thank you and I hope you appreciate our policy.

Update: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...l=1#post617632

We have discussed this issue further and this is the final decision that we've taken.

Calling a person black is generally alright. "Eto'o is black, Sneijder is white." <--- This is perfectly fine.

But there are some things that is not allowed. For example, things like this are not allowed.
    1. "Black motherfucker"
    2. If Drogba scores against us, "Fuck you Drogba you black!"
    3. "Yea Essien is the typical black with all brawns and no brains."
    The most important this is this: We are not robots, the rule is not computerized or anything. Even if there is such a racism case, we will still discuss about it collectively before making a decision.

I hope that you guys will give us the trust in making that correct decision, just as you've done so for the past 6 years since FI's first inception. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 14 Jan 11 at 12:33.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    man, you are getting so harsh, fisrt the closing the Political forum, now not even use the name black...

dictatorship!!!

jk though
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Lol this is a joke. Now we cannot even call a person black? If anyone calls me white, then I want them banned as well. What a double-standard...

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

I don't think this stance is the right one.

There's a huge difference between calling someone a "black motherfucker" and calling someone black.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Well to put it in layman terms, the moderators want to avoid any sort of bad blood caused by racism, politics etc.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    lol but isn't "black" the politically correct term to use anyway? I know that we always got bitched on if we ever said coloured or dark-skinned
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    When the fuck did black become offensive?

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

(Honest mode on)

This is ridiculous.

Forums should be for fun, and not "politicly correct". You guys (admins/mods) should hurry up and make a stand, or it will grow more and more ridiculous. Why ? Because you're pleasing 0.x% of the boards, not the other people. Instead what you should do is this:

- target real racist and ban them (I encorouge for the n'th time to check the racism term in the dictonary - it's not the usage of WORDS)
    - ridicule sissy people who are oversensitive, and look for racism/discrimination in every fucking word, because this is the reason this thread was created

I'm just saying. This forum was great once, because you felt a FREEDOM OF SPEACH. Now you have to fuckin look for the words you use ?!! This is seriously some crazy shit, and will put of people. It will also open a door for even more ridiculous things in the future.

What will happen, if 3 people will come a year later and will say that they don't like cursing, and feel offended by it ? There will be no other way but accomodate this minority JUST LIKE it happened over here.

It can go on and on.

Seriously, this fun forum is turning into dust. Today Shahz would be called a racist, a sexist, homophobe, and I don't know what else, but 2 years ago everybody loved his humour and knew all this what he said was just for fun.

Today there is no room for a person like Shahz on the boards.

Think about it, and what you're doing with these boards.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Indonesia

We've thought about it for a long time, Luka.

Curse words and offensive jokes are OK, but racist jokes is just something that is very sensitive and personally as far as I'm amused by it, I don't think it is right to do it. And it's not the minority in this forum who is against it. They are more than minority and also, that is just the way things stand in the real world. I don't know how it is in Poland, maybe you guys are not very diverse in race or are very tolerant but me, living 25 years in Indonesia and the US, I know how sensitive these racial things can be.

And by the way Shahz was funny, still is funny, but the biggest difference was he was never personally insulting of someone. And each person has different tolerance towards offensive jokes and every member in this forum must respect that. Shahz is missed though and I hope he comes back.

We know and notice that members in this forum come and goes, but that's really parts & parcel of a forum life. Just like how players come and goes from Inter.

Thanks Luka.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Your post Han is just proving my point. You're mixing things, and this is why this forum is how it is now. If we had a lot of ladies with modern feminism attitude we would get another bite of a "modern world" on the boards.

Insulting others is wrong, but what does it have to do with this issue ? If someone insults another, then it doesn't matter if it's on the racism platform or something else. I agree completely but it's not the issue I'm touching here.

Lets clear something up: I'm against racism. But I'm more against people who are paranoid about those issues, or like to attack others and be on the "offensive" side of the court. From my experience I find out, that the people who are mostly attacked, accused of those things are EXACTLY the people who are not, and even sympathyse with the whole ideas to damn those things.

What changed from how it was in say 2006 ? Is it more racist here, or maybe the racist back then weren't "prosecuted" ? No. What's different is that the forum entered into the paranoid mode, and you can't even write black in sentence, because somebody will think it is a shot towards black people. Same thing with white, yellow, green doesn't matter. This is being paranoid and it is letting those paranoid minorities to call the shots, instead of dealing with this when there is a VALID CASE FOR IT.

The forum couple years ago was fun, because those paranoid people weren't present. People were saying different things, and it was a lot more "sexist" and "racist" than it is today, but everybody knew nobody is sexist or racist. Nobody would even get an idea like that. You Han are still the same person that was couple years back, right ? Right. So what changed ? What changed is that, some new people entered forum, who are paranoid and are part of this modern movement, to look for problems where there aren't any.

You say "Curse words and offensive jokes are OK". But how this issue is different from the "racist crusade" that is going on for like last 6 months or so ? You know what's different? What's different, is that there ain't yet people paranoid about cursing words, that's what different. But there are people who don't like offensive jokes, or curse words and if they come along someday, and start raising a voice against it, even though those are ok for you, you'll have to accomodate them too just like in this case. The forum will become less and less fun, and more and more formal.

How it should be, is that the real racist should be banned, and not banning EVERYBODY (who wouldn't even imagine being called racist) just to "prevent" some paranoid people to start foaming from their mouth.

I'll give an example. The word retard can insult someone, but also can be used in other way, or as a metaphore. But so far you guys are STILL taking every case individualy. What you doing with this racist thing now, is putting all into one basket and treating everybody the same in a preventive way, as if the word "retard" should be banned, just because there is 1% chance a racist might come along and use it.

Ban the racists, insulters, not the freedom of speach, because right now your banning everybody (including 95% of others who are wrongly accused of being ones), and it's just going with the easiest way out.
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    But, seriously...I don't know anyone who gets offended by being called ''black''. Is calling someone white racist too?

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

this mean i have to change my nick....:
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Once you go blackmore, you never go back to less.

OOOH.

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

dont make me swagger out with my pimp cane.....

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Easy, killa...

Indonesia

Luka, you make a good point, we'll be going back to the drawing board with regards to this issue.

But please take back your statement on us taking the easy way out. We certainly do not, and we certainly are discussing everything lengthily (Sometimes too long ) and seriously. Had we really taken the easy way out, you'd certainly be banned for your "You black motherfucker you" post.

By the way, members who would be banned for this rule are not necessarily racist, but because they make racial statement. There's a difference in there.

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

hehe dino, u better remeber that :...

anyway back to topic. we seriously need to take context into consideration here. i understand the admins views here, but cmon fellas we can surely weed out the trouble makers from the rest, right??

BRING BACK LELE

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by blackmore View Post
    hehe dino, u better remeber that :...

anyway back to topic. we seriously need to take context into consideration here. i understand the admins views here, but cmon fellas we can surely weed out the trouble makers from the rest, right??
    We surely can.

But what we want here is, blackmore, for everyone to be treated on the same criteria. For example, if a new member says "Eto'o you stupid n**ga" and if an old timer like Luka says it too, they will be treated similarly.

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

well to be honest theres a few times in the past couple of months that ppl have made "dubious" quotes that you guys maybe looked past.:

whatever it is, im sure you'll make the right decision and make it equally fair for everyone. it is kinda sad that it has to come to this
    Last edited by blackmore; 20 Oct 10 at 15:38.

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Luka, you make a good point, we'll be going back to the drawing board with regards to this issue.
    I'm happy to hear that bro

But please take back your statement on us taking the easy way out.
    But how can I when it's exactly this case ?

Even Suneet said so:

"Well to put it in layman terms, the moderators want to avoid any sort of bad blood caused by racism, politics etc."

Avoiding bad blood, is avoiding the case alltogether, not discussing every case individualy, and id the "bad blood" was grounded or ungrounded.

I'm not saying you can't. I'm just saying, there are 2 ways with dealing with the issue.

a) Doing radical "no" policy, and warning everybody from saying certain things, from joking about certain things, even from doing statemants when in a delirious mood
    b) Not forbiding from doing those things, but warning (and RIGHTLY SO) racist, or people who are feeling superiors towards other etnic groups so on, so on.

Now what's the difference between the two ? The difference is that in case a it is a lot easier to deal with the issue, because someone is warned no matter if he is racist, or if he said something unintentionaly etc. In case b, you take time and try to investigate thing.

I'm just saying how it is. I'm not talking magic Han. I'm sure you understand what I'm saying back here ^^^. You are changing lately a lot towards a) option, and you guys have the right to do so, and it's unfortunely what modern world choose to. It's easier to deal with the symptoms, not with the real issue.

What I'm saying, is that the forums who still use the b) policy are more fun, and let for more stuff to do, because every case is dealt individualy. Today Shahz wouldn't be allowed to say most of his jokes. That's the truth.

I hope you guys think it over, and maybe decide to go back to the old ways, the times where we all had fan, and where the paranoic wasn't part of the boards.

We certainly do not, and we certainly are discussing everything lengthily (Sometimes too long ) and seriously. Had we really taken the easy way out, you'd certainly be banned for your "You black motherfucker you" post.
    YES, and it was still in the transition days, and it's the case b) I'm talking about. The thing is though, that it was before the transition day.

Nobody even remembers I did the EXACTLY same comment after Chelsea game? Why ? Because I'm a racist ? No, because I was so HAPPY with Sammys goal, and everybody knows I'm using a lot curse words, and using ambivalent statements.

Who cared about that ? NOONE. Not even one person called me racist, or picked on that statement. Did you guys admins/mods were discussing that ? No. You wouldn't even get idea, that I was degenerating Sammy as he is an african.

Why you were doing it the second time ? Because someone doesn't know me, and took it as racist statement. Why ? Because there is a lot of paranoic people in the world at the moment.

for you guys though for correctly interpreting my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    We surely can.

But what we want here is, blackmore, for everyone to be treated on the same criteria. For example, if a new member says "Eto'o you stupid n**ga" and if an old timer like Luka says it too, they will be treated similarly.
    And they shouldn't. I don't mean Luka.

Whether it is Suneet, or Shahz, or you Han, or Hamm, or Stefan or whoever this is. Why ? BECAUSE I KNOW YOU GUYS, and can distuinguish the ambivalent statements, and know that you aren't talking in offensive way, but in other way. With new guys you (me) still DON'T know that person, so you can't say otherwise.

But this whole thing was blown totaly out of proportion. Nobody is curious, why NOW it is being tought about ? I don't remember ever being a discussions like that. Why ? Because people knew, nobody here is racist/sexist, and even if someone thrown some ambivalent statements people were ASSUMING right away that it's not a racial statement.

I'll repeat:

"1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others
    2. abusive or aggressive behaviour towards members of another race on the basis of such a belief "

This is racism. It's not that person a) using x type of words or saying certain things. Obviously what a person says/does can indicate his motives, but it's not always the way. Especialy since words can be taken both ways sometimes (sarcasm/joke/extasy). Actions can't. You can't go to someone punch him, and this taken both ways. Words can be taken both ways (not always though).

The problem with boards is that the only thing a person can be judged by are his words, and usually those cases are ambivalent, and can be taken both ways. So what determines now which way we take ? What determines, is the other action of the person over the years, if he showed other signs of being a racist, or quite contrary. If a person shows a BIG tollerance on many occasions, than it is quite obvious he ain't racist.

I feel for you guys, this is difficult position, but if we'll take the paranoicy out of this, I think we'll be alright, just like we were in 2006.
    Quote of the week: