Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Racism

  1. #21
    jmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Oct 09
    Posts
    6,179
    Thanked
    2,809 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Albania

    Black.
    TI TE DOMINET MILAN

  2. #22
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 08
    Posts
    24,053
    Thanked
    23,924 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Ireland

    13 10 years of FIF
    ^PermaBan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

  3. #23
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    36,743
    Thanked
    22,714 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    :lol
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  4. #24
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,796
    Thanked
    2,353 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter
    I personally know many people who get offended here in America when they're called "African-American" And would rather be called "black." I don't see it as a problem unless you're saying "Black M-F-er" or "Black A$$" which are directed as nasty remarks. But saying a person is "black" isn't a problem in my opinion.

  5. #25
    jamsieboy86's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 09
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanked
    137 times

    Ireland

    65
    Calling a person black cannot be racist if it is simply to describe his colour/ethnicity, its no different than calling me white to describe my colour/ethnicity.

    Eto'o is black, Sneijder is white. Whats the problem when used in this context?

    Why people feel the need to label a person with their colour is beyond me, but if they do so without using it to insult or demean the person then it simply has to be allowed.
    10 years on FIF, expecting that badge any minute now!

  6. #26
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,953
    Thanked
    6,450 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    We have discussed this issue further and this is the final decision that we've taken.

    Calling a person black is generally alright. "Eto'o is black, Sneijder is white." <--- This is perfectly fine.

    But there are some things that is not allowed. For example, things like this are not allowed.
    1. "Black motherfucker"
    2. If Drogba scores against us, "Fuck you Drogba you black!"
    3. "Yea Essien is the typical black with all brawns and no brains."
    The most important this is this: We are not robots, the rule is not computerized or anything. Even if there is such a racism case, we will still discuss about it collectively before making a decision.

    I hope that you guys will give us the trust in making that correct decision, just as you've done so for the past 6 years since FI's first inception. Thanks guys.

  7. #27
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,953
    Thanked
    6,450 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Special post for Luka, the reasons you didn't get warned for saying black motherfucker when Eto'o scored against Chelsea were probably:

    1) The forum was too full of posts and none of us really paid attention to that post. I surely didn't.
    2) The forum's mood was way too joyful for anyone to give a fuck about it.

    Because such a post is definitely not allowed whether it's 6 weeks ago, 6 months ago, or 6 years ago.

  8. #28
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 08
    Posts
    24,053
    Thanked
    23,924 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Ireland

    13 10 years of FIF
    Perfect^
    Although using #1 in the context of Eto'o scoring a hattrick cannot be racist surely? Unessacary but not racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

  9. #29
    Luka's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jul 06
    Posts
    15,999
    Thanked
    1,140 times
    Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

    Poland

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    We have discussed this issue further and this is the final decision that we've taken.

    Calling a person black is generally alright. "Eto'o is black, Sneijder is white." <--- This is perfectly fine.

    But there are some things that is not allowed. For example, things like this are not allowed.
    1. "Black motherfucker"
    2. If Drogba scores against us, "Fuck you Drogba you black!"
    3. "Yea Essien is the typical black with all brawns and no brains."
    The most important this is this: We are not robots, the rule is not computerized or anything. Even if there is such a racism case, we will still discuss about it collectively before making a decision.

    I hope that you guys will give us the trust in making that correct decision, just as you've done so for the past 6 years since FI's first inception. Thanks guys.
    This is deffinetly better. for you guys for not leveling with the whole world and be paranoid about these things.

    I also love the list you've put Han, because it just proves my point.

    Number one can be ambivalent statement. If you see me crying with joy because Sammy scores a goal, and I'm screaming all the shit out just because I'm happy to tears, there's no way you will take it as racist sentence.

    Number 2 is worse case, but it still can be treated as ambivalent, although it would be stretched a lot. My point is, when you're conceding in 90th minute of knockout game, there is a lot of negativity, and a lot of people are trying to take their frustration in the open to handle the negative emotions, although they still might not mean most of the stuff they say.

    Number 3 on the other hand leaves no room for ANY interpretation, and it is racist statement, considering it's demining character.

    So those 3 points are great, cause it shows exactly what I was talking about (every case is not black/white).

    I just encourage you guys to keep an open mind, and not be "switch on/switch off" about sensitive issues like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Special post for Luka, the reasons you didn't get warned for saying black motherfucker when Eto'o scored against Chelsea were probably:

    1) The forum was too full of posts and none of us really paid attention to that post. I surely didn't.
    2) The forum's mood was way too joyful for anyone to give a fuck about it.

    Because such a post is definitely not allowed whether it's 6 weeks ago, 6 months ago, or 6 years ago.
    But that's exactly my point !

    People were so happy (and so was I), that nobody would ever consider stuff like that as racist, especialy since after this "controversial phrase" I've said:

    "What a BIG GAME player we got !" and put this immage:




    Yeah, how racist of me

    If you talked to szogo, you'd know we talk to eachother a lot like that, simply because we like to, not because we hate eachothers guts. I know it's ironic, but that's exactly the point.

    Anyways, I'm happy you guys "soften up" a little and will keep an open mind.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

  10. #30
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,953
    Thanked
    6,450 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Luka, it's not that we soften up a bit. I think it was partly my fault for not explaining myself properly from the beginning. My bad.

    To answer II's and Luka's question (Ecstasy got the better of our feelings): Like I've said before, we will evaluate things case by case. But seriously man, even if Eto'o scores a hattrick in the last 3 minutes Sampdoria style in a CL final against Milan, why the heck would you praise him that way? There are 100 other ways to idolize him. I sincerely hope that you guys can avoid saying such a thing. Or even if you did, maybe edit it back later when your brains take over your emotions again.

    Thanks.

  11. #31
    Luka's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jul 06
    Posts
    15,999
    Thanked
    1,140 times
    Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

    Poland

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    But seriously man, even if Eto'o scores a hattrick in the last 3 minutes Sampdoria style in a CL final against Milan, why the heck would you praise him that way?
    Like I've said, some people like to use offensive words or phrases when joking with other people, or when in a delirious mood. I'm one of those people.

    Obviously you need to know other person before you do such a thing, and know him well, cause otherwise you'll be walking with red eye day by day

    The easiest way to explain it, is when you sometimes say to your friend "shut up", when you see he has a point. This is one of the examples of ambivalent statements like that, that can mean couple things depending on the context and other things. On the surface it is offensive, is it not ?

    Does it mean actually "shut up" ? Do you say it to offend other person ? No. Would you say something like that to someone you don't know, or to a father of your girlfriend ? Obviously not, because they don't know you, or it is a thing you don't say in "official" and serious situations.

    This is what I'm talking about. You have to distuinguish both things.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

  12. #32
    La Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Mar 07
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanked
    79 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Like I've said, some people like to use offensive words or phrases when joking with other people, or when in a delirious mood. I'm one of those people.
    And one day you will say that to the wrong person and regret it.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

  13. #33
    Luka's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jul 06
    Posts
    15,999
    Thanked
    1,140 times
    Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

    Poland

    10 years of FIF
    If it's by definition a "wrong person" then obviously I don't know that person, now do I ?

    And if that's the case, then it's not included in my post, is it ?
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •