Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian Serie B 2010/2011

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Italian Serie B 2010/2011

Surely its time this thread was started? Padova - Cittadella at the moment, good quality derby, you wouldn't think Cittadella are in the relegation zone. 1-1 Piovaccari for Cittadella after an error by the Padova goalkeeper, Succi with a header from a corner for Padova in injury time before the break.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Forza Frosinone!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Forza Frosinone!
    Always thought it was Frocinone ? Bovo scored a great goal for Padova which sees them up to 5th place just above Livorno and Vicenza on goal difference; Cittadella rock bottom even though they didn't deserve to lose tonight. Have a bit of a soft spot for Cittadella so them seeming to get a habit of conceding late is worrying.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Look forward to reading this thread. Unfortuantly I don't follow serie a that closely. Can you also please keep us up to date how stevanovic is doing with toro?
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Look forward to reading this thread. Unfortuantly I don't follow serie a that closely. Can you also please keep us up to date how stevanovic is doing with toro?
    He's playing regularly enough. Having heard too much about his performances though. Torino are not going really well at the moment so maybe that's why. There's other Serie B teams that I've more of an interest in than Torino but I'll try to find out about him as much as I can. Having said that, when Torino pick up their form we'll probably hear more about him.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

United States

Oh awesome!
    I really wish I could keep up with Triestina. But sadly I do not live in Italy or speak italian.
    Even if they are terrible, I still love them. I am glad they are still in Serie B...even if it was because of bankrupting clubs.

Israel

I like them just because their stadium. Nereo Rocco is amazing, but they have cartoon fans =/

Nerazzurri Israeliani
    Siamo Sempre Con Voi!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Novara further confirmed their potential as promotion candidates with a superb 3-0 win last night at home against Vicenza, Gonzalez, Rigoni and Bertani getting the goals. This leaves them three points clear at the top of Serie B after Siena's disappointing 0-0 draw at the Artemio Franchi. The same result for Reggina in the south of Italy against Empoli leaving them in third four points short of the leaders.

Torino's poor form continued with a 2-1 home defeat to Frosinone. Other notable scores saw a good win for AlbinoLeffe against Portogruaro which lifts them to 14th and away from the danger zone, Cittadella meanwhile got an excellent 1-0 away win at Ascoli which fails to lift them off the bottom but at least leaves them a whisker from climbing out of the relegation places. Piovaccari getting the goal for Citta.

Twentieth placed Piacenza surprisingly beat Atalanta 3-2 and now the Bergamaschi could be having problems with their promotion fight, just a point keeping them from falling out of the play-off places. The other results Modena 1-1 Sassuolo, Padova 3-1 Pescara, Varese 4-0 Triestina and Grosseto 0-0 Livorno in the Tuscan derby.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Interista Gallese View Post
    Torino's poor form continued with a 2-1 home defeat to Frosinone.

Huh, Frosine and Brescia both have almost same emblem's.

Shame!
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Keep up the good work 'Gallese, always feel like I should devote more time to Serie B!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Huh, Frosine and Brescia both have almost same emblem's.

Shame!
    Yup they have the same exact Lion as Brescia does. They switched to that logo in 2006 when they moved to Serie B, it used to be this:

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Cittadella got a second consecutive win today with a 2-1 victory over fellow strugglers Grosseto which lifts them off the bottom. A great free-kick by Daniele Della Bona cancelled out the Tuscan's early leader before Piovaccari put the home side in front. Frosinone got a winner in injury time against Triestina at home sparking wild scenes of celebration on the pitch and in the stands, they mustn't have much to get excited about there .

Atalanta's promotion push got back on track with a 4-1 win at the Stadio Atleti d'Azzurri over Padova, a free-kick from Barretto equally as good as that of Della Bona. Livorno pushing hard for re-entry into the top category taking all three points with a 3-0 over Reggina.

Novara are looking more-and-more like promotion candidates with a 3-0 over Atalanta's neighbours AlbinoLeffe which leaves them six points clear at the top with Siena to play on Monday away at Sassuolo. Other results Vicenza 0-1 Varese, Pescara 0-2 Modena, Empoli 0-0 Crotone, Portogruaro 0-0 Piacenza with Torino and Ascoli to round things up with the second Monday game of the week.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Frosinone got a winner in injury time against Triestina at home sparking wild scenes of celebration on the pitch and in the stands, they mustn't have much to get excited about there .

Up to 10th place! Angelo Peruzzi was also in attendance:

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Anyone know if it would be hard to get a ticket for the away section at the Atleti Azzurri d'Italia next week: AlbinoLeffe v Cittadella, I know it'll hardly be sold out but I don't want to ask for an away ticket be told I can't get then be told I'm not allowed a home one as I am an away fan?
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Friday night saw Serie A hopefuls Reggina (home) and Atalanta (away) secure 1-0 wins against Portogruaro and Triestina. Saturday closed the programme with notable wins for AlbinoLeffe (3-1 Sassuolo), Piacenza (4-1 Vicenza) and Siena (3-0 Frosinone).

Cittadella's run of useful scores stretches with a 0-0 at Varese which if it can be backed up with two decent results between now and next weekend should see them climb out of the relegation places. Hopefully they will be at the top of their game at AlbinoLeffe next week at least with me hopefully in attendance. Torino got slightly back on track with a 0-0 away at Grosseto, though will be hoping to improve rapidly. Other results, Ascoli 1 - 1 Novara, Crotone 0 - 1 Pescara, Modena 1 - 1 Livorno, Padova 2 - 2 Empoli. Unfortunately this week the report is only results as I didn't see any of the action.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Citta' lost
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Citta' lost

Frosinone also lost their second straight

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Great day at Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia on Saturday, 3-1 versus AlbinoLeffe, out of the relegation zone unfortunately I couldn't get in with the away fans but the home fans were good fun bantering with them though they couldn't understand a Welshman wanting Citta' to win.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Israel

Last edited by Inter Siamo Noi; 21 Dec 10 at 16:55.

Nerazzurri Israeliani
    Siamo Sempre Con Voi!