Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Series 2010

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Mililt

World Series 2010

Surprised at absolutely NO baseball related threads on here. How bout them Giants?! Getting absolutely NO credit or slack from the east coast biased media. Telling Halladay and the shitass phillies fans to suck it and cliff lee to shove it. Fucking insane postseason thus far.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    We were the underdogs against Atlanta. We got no chance against Phillies. And now we are the underdogs against the Rangers. If we win the World Series, then next year, it would be the same story.

We must win at least one game in Texas and then clinch it at AT&T Park.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Shouldn't surprise you since Baseball is only big in the USA and Japan, and also Cuba I guess. The rest of the world doesn't even know what it is, just hears Americans talk about it

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I'm an Oakland A's fan, so honestly seeing the Giants winning actually hurts me, and our fan attendance.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Mililt

wait what fan attendance?!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    GIANTSSS

Not a baseball fans nor am I a Giants fans, but I'm still damn proud that an SF team wins something.

The shitty thing is, I think all of them were shitty during my 3 years there. And now since I'm gone, Giants win the World Series and I think 49ers have improved a lot?

Fuck

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by shaikhshake View Post
    wait what fan attendance?!
    LOL exactly...

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good to see some baseball fans here. I was definitely rooting for the Giants, I hate those smug Yankees and Phillies fans, I wish the Giants slammed the Yankess in the finals, but who cares...I hope the Giants go on winning some more, the great core pitching is there.

Switzerland

Great win for the Gigantes but I'm still wondering when they'll either invite professional clubs from around the world to the MLB's World Series...or simply call it what it is, American Series or American Baseball Champions...But World Champs?

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Great win for the Gigantes but I'm still wondering when they'll either invite professional clubs from around the world to the MLB's World Series...or simply call it what it is, American Series or American Baseball Champions...But World Champs?
    That is the gripe of a six-year-old.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano!

Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Calm down Yuko II... lol

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Its On Man View Post
    in hockey you have the stanley cup champs, in basketball it's NBA champs, NFL has superbowl champs, so what the hell makes baseball so special that winning the american league means you are the world champ? america isn't even the best baseball playing country for god's sake, cuba won 21 more baseball world cups than the US

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Well, most of the world's best players play in MLB. In the other sports you have other leagues that are slightly less in the quality department. Any good Cuban or Dominican either plays in MLB or trying to come there.

The Japanese league might be something, but if there is anyone that is exceptional there he ends up coming to MLB. And frankly, after Ichiro came no big super star came from there and made it well in a consistent basis (like Dice K.)

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Its On Man View Post
    Sounds like a pretty logical 6 year old

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    in hockey you have the stanley cup champs, in basketball it's NBA champs, NFL has superbowl champs, so what the hell makes baseball so special that winning the american league means you are the world champ? america isn't even the best baseball playing country for god's sake, cuba won 21 more baseball world cups than the US
    sad thing is, while the official names for NFL and NBA are just "champs", listen to the announcers, the NFL reps e.t.c. and they ALL say "world" champs

i'd seriously laugh if they call the MLS champs "world" champs...hahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Switzerland

It's analogous to the Euro Champs claiming they are World Champs or CL champs the same way...World implies the world is playing/participating, not a select number of players from different countries.

And as someone else mentioned, there is a World Cup of Baseball, which the US has won 4 times out of 38

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Jesus Christ, you are all so dense.

It's merely a term, it's ridiculous to have an issue with that. It's something that a six-year-old would struggle with.

If you really insist on it though...
    You fail to make the distinction between clubs and national teams. Blackmore, baseball IS the "best baseball playing country" when it comes to clubs, which is what the World Series is about. The World Cup of Baseball, the World Baseball Classic, and Euros are irrelevant.

And no, it's not like the CL champs saying they are world champions. It would be like if every other continent played football/soccer at a level so much lower that there was little to no chance of the CL winners losing to any other team. The MLB champs are far and away the best team in the world, and hence, World Champions.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    When I was in the US...going to a baseball game was easily the most tedious and boring thing out of the entire trip (even after going through fucking Wyoming!)

If there was no beer, I'd of committed muss murder in that place...such was my frustration at this horrible sport. The crowd is so out of it...they need to be told by an electronic speaker when to start chants...they then follow these chants and then stop once the electronic speaker stops. Not to mention playing random outtakes of movies during games? Do they realise how terrible the sport is they need to play scenes from movies? How many exciting things happen in the game? 1 or 2? Why do you have to wait over an hour for this to happen? World series? For a sport that is really only big in 2 or 3 countries? OXYMORON! What's with the lines at the kiosk? Why are there so many jocks with beer bellys giving each other so many high 5's? Why are there so many scalpers outside? WHY!?

Maybe I'm just pissed because I thought the nachos at the game would be the bomb...they fucking werent! I hate you baseball. I really really hate you.

Signed, another logical 6 year old.
    Last edited by snake; 11 Nov 10 at 05:18.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    This is mostly logical. But nothing is worse than Wyoming.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    When I was in the US...going to a baseball game was easily the most tedious and boring thing out of the entire trip (even after going through fucking Wyoming!)

If there was no beer, I'd of committed muss murder in that place...such was my frustration at this horrible sport. The crowd is so out of it...they need to be told by an electronic speaker when to start chants...they then follow these chants and then stop once the electronic speaker stops. Not to mention playing random outtakes of movies during games? Do they realise how terrible the sport is they need to play scenes from movies? How many exciting things happen in the game? 1 or 2? Why do you have to wait over an hour for this to happen? World series? For a sport that is really only big in 2 or 3 countries? OXYMORON! What's with the lines at the kiosk? Why are there so many jocks with beer bellys giving each other so many high 5's? Why are there so many scalpers outside? WHY!?

Maybe I'm just pissed because I thought the nachos at the game would be the bomb...they fucking werent! I hate you baseball. I really really hate you.

Oi, the same thing can be said about cricket with their tea breaks and weird screams by those ballers or whatever they are called.

Again, it's called World Series because the best players in the world play in MLB. And if they are not, it's because they are Cubans that can't get out or homesick Japanese with weird phobias.

I like it because of the many great defensive plays (over-the-fence home-run robbing, double plays and those diving catches.) Not to mention the fact that you can be down all game long, but you get three guys on base and you can score 4 runs with one swing.