Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just realised…

Jimmy

I just realised…

For months now I have defended Benitez. Well, not really defended, I’ve more lied back and let the pessimist do their job, while I said; wait and see.
    It’s strange isn’t it… A few years ago I was that pessimist. Now it’s a weekly habit to drink some beer and pay your bills. Not to mention having a nag saying she doesn’t want you to follow football. Fat chance, ey?!

The other day was Hallowen… at least in Sweden. For the first time since 2007 I had something on me that remotely seemed to be Inter-related. I thought my argument was easy; “We’re playing a shit team, we can’t lose.”
    Sure we didn’t lose. But it was the first time I was sitting by my shitty TV and thought to myself: “What the hell is that idiot doing?”

The moment was when the best right back in the world got an injury and WE were losing. The ‘Spanish steps’ put on a central defender who I have yet to see fulfill a decent pass since he arrived. Meanwhile, a perfect replacement with the name of David Santon continued to scratch his ass, while the rest of us scratched our heads. Why? We’re struggling and we put on a central defender as a right back, whose only quality these days is pace?

Benitez doesn’t have an easy job, we all know that. He picked up a team who was left abandoned by Mourinho, in a tactic everyone loved, with a manager everyone wanted. And the only one who enjoys it is Sammy Eto’o.

I saw Lecce the first week… a loss there or not beating them senseless and I think we give up this year. For the future, eh? Has players like Samuel, Chivu, Cambiasso and them all made their last mark? Or is Inter still a force to be reckon with.

/ Bravo_Per
    www.xperteleven.com
    Freaking League:
    http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=219041

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    ... -_- Davide Santon is not the perfect replacement but may have left us a large responsibility... especially at the back.

If that's your main reason for no longer standing behind your coach, then

The way you people overrate Santon here is unbelievable!
    Best match thread opener ever.

Jimmy
    So you agree that Benitez made the right choice by putting on Cordoba as a right back when we needed to score?

Nice stuff Jimbo, as usual.

And honestly, I was pissed of to see Cordoba as our RB after Maicon's slight injury. I can't believe how can Benitez sub Maicon for Cordoba instead of Santon, well I'd understand if we'd have to defend or whatever but we desperately had to score and I think that was a fucking horrible decision.

Santon is way better than Cordoba as RB, so that was nonsense.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    I think a manager of Benitez's caliber who is known as a great tactician, absolutely knows that he has a suitable replacement for Maicon on the bench, who plays in the exact same position. Now when the occasion comes up when he needs to substitute Maicon, the option that you, me & many others would go for is sending Santon in.

Nevertheless I think we have to keep the possibility in mind that because of some reason, which isn't obvious to us outisders, Benitez decided to go for another option. Think about it... this can indeed bo more likely than Benitez being a stupid coach. Not choosing the most obvious option shouldn't necessarily be a sign of the coach's incapability.

I really think it is because a reason we can not know, & probably when Benitez is asked about this we would be like "oh, well now it makes sense" after the explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Obviously Santon has his fair share of defensive errors. However, we were down 1-0 and putting Cordoba as our right back would only further reduce our ability to attack on the wing.

The substitution made no sense what so ever.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter
    There's absolutely no reason why he decided Cordoba was better at 0-1 down. Was it 0-0 I'd understand. If they attacked with more than one player I'd understand.

But 0-1 at your home ground against a team that just regulated from Serie B bringing a CB for RB doesn't make any sense.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I know the tactical reason for it, I just totally disagree with it. He put on cafe since with wes playing as a cm , he wanted more cover. Hence basicly playing 4 centrebacks at a point.

Like I said it was a stupid move but I could understand rafa's crazy logic.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Obviously Santon has his fair share of defensive errors. However, we were down 1-0 and putting Cordoba as our right back would only further reduce our ability to attack on the wing.

The substitution made no sense what so ever.
    100% true... We were playing with 4 CBs than..

I think Rafa doesnt trus santon very much...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Rafa is the most under-rated coaches in the world. He always has reason behind his subs, I mean look where he got Liverpool by spending 10m net every season.(5m every summer). You dont know what your saying Jimbo.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Rafa is the most under-rated coaches in the world. He always has reason behind his subs, I mean look where he got Liverpool by spending 10m net every season.(5m every summer). You dont know what your saying Jimbo.
    If you're being sarcastic, I can't tell but you are right... Look at the squad he won the UCL and made the finals with.. Also look at the squad he lead to second in the EPL with..
    Best match thread opener ever.

Fav. Player
    ALL inter squad

Italy

rafa is shit and everyone knows it .
    INTER CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!WE WON THE TREBLE..GRAZIE MOURINHO. NON MOLLARE MAI..."se tringo la mano di un milanista mi lo lavo. se stringo la mano di un juventino mi lo canto"
    milan0 inter 4 inter 2 milan 0 milan+juve=merda
    PAZZA INTER AMALA

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    all hail rafa the king, we will win the quintuple with him this season, just you wait!!!!
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

another game, more shit...totally disorganized..5 in a row now

i guess we have to assign blame to injuries, players, motivation, management, fans, liverpool, liverpool maangement, media (basically everybody except rafa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

The thread is a curse.
    #InterMentality

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

guys, let's be real here...

in less than 6 months, we went from a defensive mammoth with lightning effective attacks to a defensive whole with a barren attack.....in less than 6 months

we lost our coach (and his staff) and 2 bench players. Everything else is the same

however, our problems are not due to our new god-like, bestest coach in the whole-wide-world

it is because of moratti and branca, injuries, the youngsters, players form, players got too famous, jose mourinho, tripleta, world cup, player's psychology, EPL, liverpool, roy hodgson, tom hicks, EPL media, calcio media, FIGC, bad pitches, playing too early, hot sun, teams too good now, san siro, inter fans

please feel free to add in any other of the reasons for our state of play (and please, it's not our coach!)
    Last edited by nerazzurri4life; 10 Nov 10 at 21:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    If only fuckin' Pandev could have scored that 1000% chance...

EDIT: Sorry I thought this is the Lecce game thread.
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Recoba

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    another game, more shit...totally disorganized..5 in a row now

i guess we have to assign blame to injuries, players, motivation, management, fans, liverpool, liverpool maangement, media (basically everybody except rafa)
    That seems to be the case.

I don't know how much you guys know for real about Rafas management at Pool but here is a little short sum up. He spent in the same time he was there 20 million less than Chesea in the same time. Surprised? look it up

With that amount of money Chesea still has a functional team regarded as top 3 in europe. He also had 3 best team almost every year when EPL started and in almost all seasons battled for 4 place in last couple rounds. He won the CL but it needs to be shown how. Pool lost first 3 games in group and Gerrard pulled miracles in the next 3 for them to even get out of the group. They passed Chelsea with a nonexistent goal and pulled back 3 in the finals against a far better team (Milan). Not taking away anything from Poll but the title had very little with Rafas tactical brilliance.

2 years ago he was in pule position for EPL title a scraped it all with his tactical and rotational decisions in the last couple of rounds. When they needed goals he pulled out Gerrard and Toress out of the game and often got results scraped with late equalizers or failing to go for a victory in order to save a point. Everything backfired at him.

His 2 la liga titles came from the time when both Barca and Real were a total mess and he had a great and talented team already assembled at Valencia.

He is not a good coach or a manager.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    guys, let's be real here...

in less than 6 months, we went from a defensive mammoth with lightning effective attacks to a defensive whole with a barren attack.....in less than 6 months

we lost our coach (and his staff) and 2 bench players. Everything else is the same

however, our problems are not due to our new god-like, bestest coach in the whole-wide-world

it is because of moratti and branca, injuries, the youngsters, players form, players got too famous, jose mourinho, tripleta, world cup, player's psychology, EPL, liverpool, roy hodgson, tom hicks, EPL media, calcio media, FIGC, bad pitches, playing too early, hot sun, teams too good now, san siro, inter fans

please feel free to add in any other of the reasons for our state of play (and please, it's not our coach!)
    6 months ago
    <br />
0 0 0 milito 0 0 0<br />
0 pandev 0 sneijder 0 eto'o 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 cambiasso 0 motta 0 0 <br />
zanetti 0 0 0 0 0 maicon<br />
0 0 samuel 0 lucio 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
cesar<br />

now
    <br />
0 0 0 shit/injured 0 0 0<br />
0 shit/injured 0 injured 0 eto'o 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 injured 0 injured 0 0<br />
zanetti 0 0 0 0 0 injured<br />
0 0 injured 0 lucio 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
injured<br />

Fav. Player

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    ^