Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Thread: Leave Rafa alone...

  1. #1
    Score Icardi Score Nyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Nov 07
    Posts
    12,004
    Thanked
    7,838 times
    Fav. Player
    Burdisso

    Canada

    16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member

    Leave Rafa alone...

    I am not an idiot, neither am I blind, I do not blindly pledge allegiance to anyone, neither will I blindly hate someone as well. I chose this title because this situation reminded of that famous Youtube video. A person is being attacked constantly for how the end product turns out without even checking the circumstances that lead to this final product. In the 2009/2010 Inter probably had its most successful season in terms of silverware ever since it's inception, and all fans of the Nerazzuri were proud!

    Jose Mourinho was the man in charge of this club and promptly after solidifying his legendary status he resigned from his position and left for Madrid. Inter were now in a conundrum. Treble winners, with no coach. A few weeks later, Rafael Benitez a two time La Liga winner, UEFA Cup winner and UCL winner and runner up was selected as Inter's new coach, right after leading a Liverpool to 7th place finish in the EPL.

    A transfer season had opened and looked full of promise for Inter. We were linked to several superstars once of which we were certain to acquire especially with the amount of revenue gained from winning the treble, however, the transfer directors of Inter said they would need to sell before they even think about buying, and suddenly 3 of our key players from our treble team were seemingly transfer listed, they are Milito, Maicon and Balotelli. Soon after Mario Balotelli had completed his switch to Machester City and Inter were ~ 30 million euros richer. And then the rumors of us being linked to superstars continued again. All the while Rafa handed in his transfer requests of Kuyt and Javier Marsh, two of his key players at Liverpool but these rumors were seemingly met with indifference by the board who simply didn't think treble champions needed the likes of these players and they would not have improved Inter in the slightest.

    The SuperCoppa had come and gone and Inter had won their 4th trophy and with Atletico Madrid coming up the next Friday evening Inter fans were expecting a 5th trophy following a comfortable victory. However this game, was the first time in Rafa's reign that showed that maybe perhaps that Inter were not as good as they thought and reinforcements especially in the forward department was definitely needed. Three days later Inter opened their Serie A campaign to Bologna and it now became blatantly clear that Inter needed improvements, and the likes of Coutinho and Biabiany as substitutes would not cut it for another long season.

    That Monday night was perhaps one of the longest in my life, I hardly slept a wink and spent almost all of the final 20 hours of the windows on this forum and looking at various transfer markets on who we would buy. Names from all over the continent were brought up, some of which brought us orgasms whilst others brought us .. But the end of the transfer window had come and gone and Inter's transfer window was concluded and involved us - signing: Coutinho, Biabiany, Castellazzi and losing: Balotelli, Burdisso, Quaresma, Obinna, Toldo. (If I missed out on players forgive me they are probably insignificant anyways).. and our squad to enter the 2010/2011 season where would defend our treble was:

    Julio Cesar, Ivan Cordoba, Zanetti, Stankovic, Lucio, Motta, Eto'o, Sneijder, Muntari, Castellazzi, Maicon, Mariga, Suazo, Cambiasso, Obi, Orlandoni, Milito, Materazzi, Rivas, Samuel, Chivu, Pandev, Coutinho, Mancini, Alibec, Santon, Biabiany.

    And the starting lineup expected was Jose Mourinho's 4-2-3-1.

    -----Julio Cesar-----------
    --Maicon --- Lucio --- Samuel ----- Zanetti

    ------Cambiasso ---- Motta--------

    --Eto'o---- Sneijder ---- Pandev
    ------Milito


    And the bench was to consist of: Castelazzi, Stankovic, Mariga, Cordoba, Materazzi, Biabiany, Coutinho.

    <start here>
    The starting lineup is world class without a doubt, the bench however, is far from it. In fact, the drop in quality from the starting lineup is so significant that the very thought of any of Inter's players especially offensive getting injured was difficult to fathom, however Massimo Moratti was confident enough that this squad would be capable of winning. The beginning of the season and mixed results but Inter soon rose to the top of the table lead by Eto'o's form, and after a 4-0 thrashing of Werder Bremen, times were high for us and we looked as if we could not be stopped. Then, the injury bug began to bite and bite hard and bite often. Soon several core players were injured including, Julio Cesar, Maicon, Motta, Stankovic, Mariga, Muntari, Samuel, Cambiasso, Sneijder, and that does not even include last year's hero turned this year's flop Diego Milito.

    <start here>
    Rafa Benitez has had to dip into a source of support that none of the Inter managers since Moratti's era as Inter owner began nearly 2 decades ago. Never have the coaches been forced to play 4 youngsters into their starting lineup in any game. Rafa was a first, and with youth came inexperience as all of the youth used with the exception of Obi, who as of today joined the ever growing injury list, have been simply been out-physiqued out of the matches. The treble winning Inter weren't known for the technical ability, they were known for being brutally physical in matches and simply tussling opponents off the ball rather than trying to dribble around them.

    In addition to this, Rafa's arrival has been greeted with the lack of any type of consistent form from two of last year's stars, Maicon and Milito. The first is currently injured, but prior to those injuries was well known to be one of Inter's worst players to start the season whilst the latter, who had recently come off of injury, has missed more sitters than there are chairs in this world. Inter have been simply living off of Eto'o's red hot form, which has seem to slowed as of late, and now Inter has seemed to have stalled as of late, and are in "crisis" according to goal.com and football-italia.

    <start here>
    This is the situation and how things look. Inter were a treble winning team 6 months ago and now they are struggling and since there is a new manager, he must be the problem, but the squad "looks" the exact same as the one that won the treble last year. It doesn't matter that there are members on the team who had less than amonth to recuperate after playing a near 60 game season, which included more travelling than any Inter squad had ever done in history, it does matter if the squad has a plethora of injuries and key players being out of form, it does not matter that the coach got no re-inforcements to even some of problems that Inter had last year, none of you even for a second believed that a treble was anywhere near our reach when we drew our first game with Bari 1-1 at the beginning of the 2009/10 season and some of the reasons listed were: 1) We are not good enough 2) Our midfield is too static and slow 3) We lost Ibra our best player 4) We are nowhere near Chelsea, Barcelona or Manchester United in terms of quality and would never be able to get past them.

    Barcelona was drawn into our group stages and after losing to them and staring at elimination from the competition after failing to win for a year. The sack Jose posts were loud and clear - most of you will not even remember themselves posting that or hell, I may go out on a limb here but didn't give a fuck about Inter before May 22nd. We managed to win the UCL at the end of the season, after Jose had gotten all of his requests fulfilled (in one form or the other). Rafa has gotten none of these requests fulfilled at all, and after a transfer market that would not even be suitable for a team fighting relegation, you people need to ask yourselves, this one question..

    <start here>
    What will a new coach add to this team so much that Rafa doesn't have? Motivation? Any coach who comes from 3-0 in a UCL final is a master motivator, but there's a limit as to how much you can motivate a bunch of youngsters and a bunch of pensioners to perform.. Can't you people clearly see that Rafa being the coach is not the problem.. Inter need investment. We need depth, and not just depth, we need capable depth. We need a player who can come off the bench at 60 minutes or even half time and snag a goal, like Mourinho had with Mario. So far Coutinho and Biabiany have yet to find the back of the net as subs or as starters, and so far they have been a pretty dribbler and fast runner, no real substance, at all.


    This probably made no reason and may have been just me rambling out, but I just felt I needed to get this off my chest. I welcome anyone who wants to challenge my views. But I will not bother responding to "Rafa sucks because 6 months ago we won a treble", "or we lost the Milan derby so he must go".





    O btw, if you wanna skip some parts you can start at any of the <start here> points
    Best match thread opener ever.

  2. #2
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    good read nyall but im still not convinced...

    i wouldnt sack him, but i do put most of the blame on his head. we need to spend money in jan to salvage anything at all.
    Last edited by blackmore; 15 Nov 10 at 04:43.
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  3. #3
    Almirony's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Mar 10
    Posts
    218
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    No Milan player

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Sorry mate, but if Rafa stays we will fight for 10-15th position in Seria A. PERIOD !

  4. #4
    DIN011's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Apr 09
    Posts
    13,418
    Thanked
    4,907 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Most Missed Member
    Surely no one is putting all the blame on Rafa(I hope), but you're lying to yourself if you think he hasn't done anything wrong. I'll write more tomorrow, but it's 00:40 over here, and I have school tomorrow so I can't right now.

  5. #5
    Score Icardi Score Nyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Nov 07
    Posts
    12,004
    Thanked
    7,838 times
    Fav. Player
    Burdisso

    Canada

    16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Almirony View Post
    Sorry mate, but if Rafa stays we will fight for 10-15th position in Seria A. PERIOD !
    If you believe that then you're just a


    Quote Originally Posted by King Avdić View Post
    Surely no one is putting all the blame on Rafa(I hope), but you're lying to yourself if you think he hasn't done anything wrong. I'll write more tomorrow, but it's 00:40 over here, and I have school tomorrow so I can't right now.
    I do think Rafa has done wrong man, but enough to justify a sacking, hell no. The man hasn't even spent a dime in the transfer market or used a tactic of his own yet. He's basically been forced to use Mourinho's team with weaker players.
    Best match thread opener ever.

  6. #6
    gesi-ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Mar 10
    Posts
    657
    Thanked
    70 times
    Fav. Player
    Moratti :)

    Albania

    Good post. I too think Rafa is the last person to be blamed here. I disagree with Rafa on some choices but, besides injuries...few players are really playing bad.

  7. #7
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,934
    Thanked
    20,800 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    i was against signing rafa... However, i am against sacking him..

    Why? Well, although i dislike him, always have, this would be the worst time for sacking the coach, no matter who he is. We do not have proper replacement for him, and besides, we still have problems AS A TEAM, new coach and no january reinforcements wont make better Inter...

    I think we should wait for now, AT LEAST till january. Till than, except samuel, other players will most probably be available ( so we will see how it goes than). And We will probably buy some new players. Its bad situation my friends, but by sacking benitez, we will make it even worse... Unless Jose comes back which cant happen, so...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  8. #8
    La Brujita's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 May 07
    Posts
    2,592
    Thanked
    569 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Saudi Arabia

    42 Forum Supporter


    PS. This is only regarding the title. Even thought I disagree with your opinion
    Last edited by La Brujita; 15 Nov 10 at 00:35.

  9. #9
    Almirony's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Mar 10
    Posts
    218
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    No Milan player

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    If you believe that then you're just a
    Yes, I'm 100% sure, like I have been two months ago when I started thread new coach. Mark my word!

  10. #10
    pazzainteramala's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Jul 08
    Posts
    4,320
    Thanked
    35 times
    Fav. Player
    ALL inter squad

    Italy

    it obvious his tactics are shit... it wont be long untill inter fans at san siro will be going against him.
    INTER CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!WE WON THE TREBLE..GRAZIE MOURINHO. NON MOLLARE MAI..."se tringo la mano di un milanista mi lo lavo. se stringo la mano di un juventino mi lo canto"
    milan0 inter 4 inter 2 milan 0 milan+juve=merda
    PAZZA INTER AMALA

  11. #11
    bibonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Apr 10
    Posts
    2,180
    Thanked
    523 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Recoba

    Croatia

    First lets address the transfer part. Out of 5 player that were sold only Balotelli played a part in the whole season, others that featured from that list in a couple of games did more bad than good. Balo while he had a big impact at times, nobody can deny this, he evened it out with his bad performance. He got red cards when he started and played totally opposite than he was instructed costing us points in the process. That's why majority were for his sale and not against, he had a big impact but it worked in both ways. If anything I only agree on this that Benitez never got his joker player that he would use when things are ruff. Our only mistake on mercato.

    Now to transfer targets. Bare in mind Rafa had a vision we will play sexy possession football, he came here with the intention to prove something. Realistically we could get Kuyt, Mascherano and Sculli. In fact this are the player he wanted and asked for! Fabregas was mentioned but in reality that was more fiction than reality.

    Kuyt is no Balo, he plays and contributes when a team plays good around him. Hardly a game changer more a support player that does a fair amount of dirty work in his position. Could he improve us? Hardly looking at our style and tactics. He has very little pace, passing is average, can't create something out of nothing and his goal and assist ratio isn't really unbelievable. Actually I believe he would fit right in more miserable performances with the way we are playing.

    Mascherano, eh what to say? A world class DM. Again why would we get a another DM when we want to play possession football with 3 man midfield. Hes great at everything he does except passing and spreading the play witch is our problem. 30million is a waste of money for something we already have in no less than 4 options (Cambiasso, Zanetti, Mariga and Muntari - even if Muntari sucks its still doesn't change the fact we have options). What we needed is a Schweinsteiger/Banega/Lampard type of player. Benitez never asked for this type of player.

    Sculli: If Kuyt never fitted there is no point in even discussing this. I would take Biabiany and Couthino any day.

    So the whole point here is that we had no realistic targets that would improve things over the current setup of players. The ones that would give us the edge had a price tag of around 40 million and on top of that they were all tied and happy where they are. Even further we wasted the whole summer trying bringing Ben's men (Mascha, Kuyt) because he probably gave his word to Branca that they will come if we offer fair deals. Both gave the boot 2 days before the transfer closed. Miracles are not possible in such a short period. In the end it was not a big issue. We had a fantastic squad that did great and the general consensus was that we will improve in winter if needed. Later on I will compare the 2 systems between Bens and Mou's Inter that may share some light on why do key players perform so bad. But first things first.

    I'll reanalyze as short as I can 2 years Mou had and the whole thing that "he got what he wanted" in transfers. In his first season he got what he wanted and everybody knows how it went. All 3 signings that costed 60 million were flops. He quickly reverted back to what Mancini used and made the most of it pushing Ibra to his season all high ever. We also had a fairly respectable kick out from CL from Manchester (finalist in the end), while the first game was bad that finished 0:0 we put up a fair fight in the second leg were we looked like a respectable team opposed to years under Mancini were we were embarrassed regularly.

    That story ended and we got to last year. Branca secured Milito and Motta for Mou before the Ibra saga. This were supposed to be the only signings for Mourinho since the management decided they wont give him what he wants because last time it was a disaster. So they asked him what type of player he needs and they will show him realistic targets, after that he approved guys that he liked. When the option to sell Ibra occurred Mourinho was heavily against it but it went ahead, if it was up to him Ibra would still be here. But it never was in his hands. Branca got him Eto in return and promised a playmaker since he just lost Ibra. Snijder was a option and he got him in the last minute.

    Lucio was surplus at Bayern and declared useless. Free transfer.
    Sneijder was a wash out from Real, and he just had the worst season of his life.
    Motta was a wash out from Barca that had a reputation of a injury prone player that played on and off. After several years of struggling threw mid table clubs he put 1 solid season for Genoa.
    Eto a world class poacher that had a reputation of doing only good if he has good supply. In Mous eyes certainly a downgrade from Ibra.
    Milito a player that had a proven record at medium level. Many question marks on how will he cope at Inter.

    All of them costed around 41 million, less than what Inter got for Ibra alone. Not exactly cream of the crop if you see what I mean. Hardly choices Mou made since he had a taste in more in form, more expensive people.

    So he lost his best guy, got a bunch of wash outs and got the pressure he needs to deliver in Europe. He integrated them in a completely new system in record time and rolled on. They all played well more or less. Now lets talk about tactics and the way this 2 Inters are completely different one from another despite sharing the same players and the system.

    Mou's biggest characteristic was that the team was able to adopt to situations on the field and there opponents. While many refer to it as counter attacking football it was mostly direct football. The whole philosophy was to get in a scoring situation as fast as possible without to much bs. Something Porto, Chelsea and today Real plays. We had games that we controlled completely in every aspect and games that were pure counter attacking football that was heavily based on defending. Every player had a role. We had Zanetti or Cambiasso covering Maicons spot when he roamed forward, we had wingers tracking back and a very mobile 3 man midfield that effectively pressured part of the field were our opponent had the ball. Sneijder was placed much deeper and he was in charge for distribution and long balls. Milito was left alone and wide positions and placement of our wingers gave him space and opportunity to do what he does best since hes a gap exploiter.

    I mentioned this because this is were the problem for Rafa's Inter lies and why some players under perform. We play in the same system but its not the same. Our wingers are turned in to inside forwards and they are given no defensive duties. Our 3 man midfield is turned in to 2 man midfield. Sneijder is placed so high that we can see him 80% of time standing right next to our solo striker no matter who that is, with this move Benitez effectively robbed us from his two biggest strengths. Long accurate deadly balls that resulted in many goals last season and the opportunity for him to dictate our play. What he does now is he overlaps with whoever is our striker and shots whenever he has a chance, cant blame him really since we press so high there is no room to do anything else.

    Eto is given green light to enter Militos area when they both play whenever he wants, we stack up in attack in around 10 meters with all of our att options. So far he manged to get the most of it but he wont be able to produce every game without support. Hes form will decline and we will be in deep shit. Actually it already started.

    Maicon was never unbelievable at defending, he was solid but most of the time under Mou he had help or somebody closing the gap when he leaves and goes forward. Why we see so little of it under Ben is because he gets no support at all and the gap he leaves stays open. Therefor he is instructed to stay put more and hes mostly pined down by the opposition who are lurking around his area. Same story with Chivu who has real problems with speedy players, he was fairly good under Mou.

    We are instructed to play as high as Barca. We have slow and big CB's, this situation hardly helps them. They are left most of time dealing with fast wingers and att on the brake that beat them quite easily. Now that Lucio was given green light to ram whenever he wants forward hardly helps the situation, this is something Mou limited to a absolute minimum(Lucio stayed at his place 99% of time). When we do get the ball players tend to slow it down and play as opposed to Mou's system where it was the sole purpose to hit opponents as fast as possible on a unorganized defense.

    Why Milito sucks so much? Because hes a gap exploiter and he will never work in this type of system. Rollback and see most of his goals. Fast brake he gets the ball usually behind or between the defense and shoots. He never dribbled past 5 defenders. Since we slow our game, there is no one to put a long ball (Snijder as striker) he gets lost. He is constantly marked in small space by several defenders and since most teams bunker down there is no space to exploit or move to. The fact that Sneijder and Eto both stack up around him doesn't help ether. We have absolutely no width all players move inside. Our play is orchestrated by Zanetti, Canbiasso or Stankovic. There is no plan on how to play the team just moves the ball around and then somebody, mostly Eto or Sneijder, shot from somewhere.

    Benitez absolutely has no clue on how to use this guys nor does he have any gameplan ready.

    On to injuries since they seem to be the main problem. Sure I don't deny they had a impact but they were not as bad from the start. They got unbelievable bad just a week ago, Benitez still had a more than a respectable team to play. Mou had his problems during the season, he lost Chivu for most of the season, Snijder was banned and injured for short periods same as Motta, Cambiasso, Samuel, balo was put in the stands........etc. The only difference is that Benitez had them all at once. But they are all short term except for Samuel and they affected only 1 game completely. Mou worked without any defenders in his first season for more than a month and he still finished in style. As far as the bench remark goes show me a top team that has a better bench and skip Barca while your at it. The bench is about having solid players and we have exactly that. Nobody has world class players on the bench!

    The problem is team played bad long before injuries pooped out, so we can have a nice debate on how much would it help. We had 2 good half's and 2 good games so far, we beaten Roma in supercopa who were a total mess at the time and we trashed Werder 4:0 that was in a relegation zone in Germany that conceded 3 goals per game against everybody. We had Tottenham trashed because they were scared, in the second half they pulled 3 back threw Bale that destroyed us in the return leg. Funny how he didn't put this type of performances against anybody else in England. Out of 3 derbies we got a point from possible 9 at home against Juve. Athletico trashed us, Twente played on pair with us and teams from relegation zone Lecce and Brescia made a name for themselves. Actually the only respectable victory we got under Benitez was a 0:1 at Palermo witch was in reality a bad game where we pulled one from Eto in a more than even game, it also needs to be noted Palermo is less than impressive so far.

    Benitez's Inter wins less than 40% of its games(his usual percent at liverpool), that means we barely win every other game. Inter is known for strong starts in post Calciopoli era and both Mou and Mancini busted around 70% wins at this very same time under there control. Inter always dipped in form after the winter if we play this bad now I'm really scared how it will look then. Both M&M have a record of 62% wins during there time in all competitions. Right now Eto is involved in 45% of every goal we made, Ibra was involved in only 15% during the so called one man show era. We have the worst scoring record in the last 8 years in Seria A scoring only 13 goals from 12 games compared to last season when we had close to 30. Aperantlly we are playing attacking football compared to last season, a neutral would not agree.

    In the end Beitez was brought for continuity (Moratti exact words) nobody asked him to invent something better. He was chosen because Pools style was similar. So from were the fuck did he get the idea to play like Barca?

    Seriously how the fuck this doesn't worry you or that Benitez doesn't have anything to do with it? If anything Juve is the prime example how some player function better under a competent coach. Did Obi, Mariga or other players had a though WC? His over stressing players with his shitty training. I don't know who can we get but Benitez needs to move on simple as that. He might not be a bad coach but he just doesn't fit here.

    ps. sorry for the mistakes I'm sure there are many, I'm not good at English and it took me a long time to wright this

  12. #12
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    okay for ppl who dont wanna go through this whole post, let me just paraphrase for you.....

    RAFA SUX!!!

    well now that5 i got that out of my system let me just say i agree with you bibonzo on most of your points....

    when you put it out like this, in a very straightforward manner, its hard to see what the rafa fan boys are complainiing about.

    one extra point noteworthy is man management on behalf of both managers and why one suceeded like he did while the other is struggling. i have heard from many pudlians that rafa was great with his motivation and enstilling drive amongst his players. this, for me is the biggest problem that can be seen amongst a midst of many others.

    i have watched this team since 1994 and have seen my fair share of rubbish come in and out, but the body language we resonate is astoundingly bad! never have i really seen a derby weather against jube, or bbilan, we we just looked so disinterested. it frazzles me more when against the smaller teams the same thing happens.

    sure we just became the champions of europe, but u think someone that was doing their job properly would use that as a tool, just to push players just that little bit further....

    i thin mostly everything else you have pretty much covered, but im sure sun will come in with a few more points..
    Last edited by blackmore; 15 Nov 10 at 09:45.
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  13. #13
    Almirony's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Mar 10
    Posts
    218
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    No Milan player

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    @bibonzo great post!

  14. #14
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Great post Bibonzo.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  15. #15

    Join Date
    15 Dec 09
    Posts
    547
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    Milito, Sneijde



    Quote Originally Posted by bibonzo View Post
    First lets address the transfer part. Out of 5 player that were sold only Balotelli played a part in the whole season, others that featured from that list in a couple of games did more bad than good. Balo while he had a big impact at times, nobody can deny this, he evened it out with his bad performance. He got red cards when he started and played totally opposite than he was instructed costing us points in the process. That's why majority were for his sale and not against, he had a big impact but it worked in both ways. If anything I only agree on this that Benitez never got his joker player that he would use when things are ruff. Our only mistake on mercato.

    Now to transfer targets. Bare in mind Rafa had a vision we will play sexy possession football, he came here with the intention to prove something. Realistically we could get Kuyt, Mascherano and Sculli. In fact this are the player he wanted and asked for! Fabregas was mentioned but in reality that was more fiction than reality.

    Kuyt is no Balo, he plays and contributes when a team plays good around him. Hardly a game changer more a support player that does a fair amount of dirty work in his position. Could he improve us? Hardly looking at our style and tactics. He has very little pace, passing is average, can't create something out of nothing and his goal and assist ratio isn't really unbelievable. Actually I believe he would fit right in more miserable performances with the way we are playing.

    Mascherano, eh what to say? A world class DM. Again why would we get a another DM when we want to play possession football with 3 man midfield. Hes great at everything he does except passing and spreading the play witch is our problem. 30million is a waste of money for something we already have in no less than 4 options (Cambiasso, Zanetti, Mariga and Muntari - even if Muntari sucks its still doesn't change the fact we have options). What we needed is a Schweinsteiger/Banega/Lampard type of player. Benitez never asked for this type of player.

    Sculli: If Kuyt never fitted there is no point in even discussing this. I would take Biabiany and Couthino any day.

    So the whole point here is that we had no realistic targets that would improve things over the current setup of players. The ones that would give us the edge had a price tag of around 40 million and on top of that they were all tied and happy where they are. Even further we wasted the whole summer trying bringing Ben's men (Mascha, Kuyt) because he probably gave his word to Branca that they will come if we offer fair deals. Both gave the boot 2 days before the transfer closed. Miracles are not possible in such a short period. In the end it was not a big issue. We had a fantastic squad that did great and the general consensus was that we will improve in winter if needed. Later on I will compare the 2 systems between Bens and Mou's Inter that may share some light on why do key players perform so bad. But first things first.

    I'll reanalyze as short as I can 2 years Mou had and the whole thing that "he got what he wanted" in transfers. In his first season he got what he wanted and everybody knows how it went. All 3 signings that costed 60 million were flops. He quickly reverted back to what Mancini used and made the most of it pushing Ibra to his season all high ever. We also had a fairly respectable kick out from CL from Manchester (finalist in the end), while the first game was bad that finished 0:0 we put up a fair fight in the second leg were we looked like a respectable team opposed to years under Mancini were we were embarrassed regularly.

    That story ended and we got to last year. Branca secured Milito and Motta for Mou before the Ibra saga. This were supposed to be the only signings for Mourinho since the management decided they wont give him what he wants because last time it was a disaster. So they asked him what type of player he needs and they will show him realistic targets, after that he approved guys that he liked. When the option to sell Ibra occurred Mourinho was heavily against it but it went ahead, if it was up to him Ibra would still be here. But it never was in his hands. Branca got him Eto in return and promised a playmaker since he just lost Ibra. Snijder was a option and he got him in the last minute.

    Lucio was surplus at Bayern and declared useless. Free transfer.
    Sneijder was a wash out from Real, and he just had the worst season of his life.
    Motta was a wash out from Barca that had a reputation of a injury prone player that played on and off. After several years of struggling threw mid table clubs he put 1 solid season for Genoa.
    Eto a world class poacher that had a reputation of doing only good if he has good supply. In Mous eyes certainly a downgrade from Ibra.
    Milito a player that had a proven record at medium level. Many question marks on how will he cope at Inter.

    All of them costed around 41 million, less than what Inter got for Ibra alone. Not exactly cream of the crop if you see what I mean. Hardly choices Mou made since he had a taste in more in form, more expensive people.

    So he lost his best guy, got a bunch of wash outs and got the pressure he needs to deliver in Europe. He integrated them in a completely new system in record time and rolled on. They all played well more or less. Now lets talk about tactics and the way this 2 Inters are completely different one from another despite sharing the same players and the system.

    Mou's biggest characteristic was that the team was able to adopt to situations on the field and there opponents. While many refer to it as counter attacking football it was mostly direct football. The whole philosophy was to get in a scoring situation as fast as possible without to much bs. Something Porto, Chelsea and today Real plays. We had games that we controlled completely in every aspect and games that were pure counter attacking football that was heavily based on defending. Every player had a role. We had Zanetti or Cambiasso covering Maicons spot when he roamed forward, we had wingers tracking back and a very mobile 3 man midfield that effectively pressured part of the field were our opponent had the ball. Sneijder was placed much deeper and he was in charge for distribution and long balls. Milito was left alone and wide positions and placement of our wingers gave him space and opportunity to do what he does best since hes a gap exploiter.

    I mentioned this because this is were the problem for Rafa's Inter lies and why some players under perform. We play in the same system but its not the same. Our wingers are turned in to inside forwards and they are given no defensive duties. Our 3 man midfield is turned in to 2 man midfield. Sneijder is placed so high that we can see him 80% of time standing right next to our solo striker no matter who that is, with this move Benitez effectively robbed us from his two biggest strengths. Long accurate deadly balls that resulted in many goals last season and the opportunity for him to dictate our play. What he does now is he overlaps with whoever is our striker and shots whenever he has a chance, cant blame him really since we press so high there is no room to do anything else.

    Eto is given green light to enter Militos area when they both play whenever he wants, we stack up in attack in around 10 meters with all of our att options. So far he manged to get the most of it but he wont be able to produce every game without support. Hes form will decline and we will be in deep shit. Actually it already started.

    Maicon was never unbelievable at defending, he was solid but most of the time under Mou he had help or somebody closing the gap when he leaves and goes forward. Why we see so little of it under Ben is because he gets no support at all and the gap he leaves stays open. Therefor he is instructed to stay put more and hes mostly pined down by the opposition who are lurking around his area. Same story with Chivu who has real problems with speedy players, he was fairly good under Mou.

    We are instructed to play as high as Barca. We have slow and big CB's, this situation hardly helps them. They are left most of time dealing with fast wingers and att on the brake that beat them quite easily. Now that Lucio was given green light to ram whenever he wants forward hardly helps the situation, this is something Mou limited to a absolute minimum(Lucio stayed at his place 99% of time). When we do get the ball players tend to slow it down and play as opposed to Mou's system where it was the sole purpose to hit opponents as fast as possible on a unorganized defense.

    Why Milito sucks so much? Because hes a gap exploiter and he will never work in this type of system. Rollback and see most of his goals. Fast brake he gets the ball usually behind or between the defense and shoots. He never dribbled past 5 defenders. Since we slow our game, there is no one to put a long ball (Snijder as striker) he gets lost. He is constantly marked in small space by several defenders and since most teams bunker down there is no space to exploit or move to. The fact that Sneijder and Eto both stack up around him doesn't help ether. We have absolutely no width all players move inside. Our play is orchestrated by Zanetti, Canbiasso or Stankovic. There is no plan on how to play the team just moves the ball around and then somebody, mostly Eto or Sneijder, shot from somewhere.

    Benitez absolutely has no clue on how to use this guys nor does he have any gameplan ready.

    On to injuries since they seem to be the main problem. Sure I don't deny they had a impact but they were not as bad from the start. They got unbelievable bad just a week ago, Benitez still had a more than a respectable team to play. Mou had his problems during the season, he lost Chivu for most of the season, Snijder was banned and injured for short periods same as Motta, Cambiasso, Samuel, balo was put in the stands........etc. The only difference is that Benitez had them all at once. But they are all short term except for Samuel and they affected only 1 game completely. Mou worked without any defenders in his first season for more than a month and he still finished in style. As far as the bench remark goes show me a top team that has a better bench and skip Barca while your at it. The bench is about having solid players and we have exactly that. Nobody has world class players on the bench!

    The problem is team played bad long before injuries pooped out, so we can have a nice debate on how much would it help. We had 2 good half's and 2 good games so far, we beaten Roma in supercopa who were a total mess at the time and we trashed Werder 4:0 that was in a relegation zone in Germany that conceded 3 goals per game against everybody. We had Tottenham trashed because they were scared, in the second half they pulled 3 back threw Bale that destroyed us in the return leg. Funny how he didn't put this type of performances against anybody else in England. Out of 3 derbies we got a point from possible 9 at home against Juve. Athletico trashed us, Twente played on pair with us and teams from relegation zone Lecce and Brescia made a name for themselves. Actually the only respectable victory we got under Benitez was a 0:1 at Palermo witch was in reality a bad game where we pulled one from Eto in a more than even game, it also needs to be noted Palermo is less than impressive so far.

    Benitez's Inter wins less than 40% of its games(his usual percent at liverpool), that means we barely win every other game. Inter is known for strong starts in post Calciopoli era and both Mou and Mancini busted around 70% wins at this very same time under there control. Inter always dipped in form after the winter if we play this bad now I'm really scared how it will look then. Both M&M have a record of 62% wins during there time in all competitions. Right now Eto is involved in 45% of every goal we made, Ibra was involved in only 15% during the so called one man show era. We have the worst scoring record in the last 8 years in Seria A scoring only 13 goals from 12 games compared to last season when we had close to 30. Aperantlly we are playing attacking football compared to last season, a neutral would not agree.

    In the end Beitez was brought for continuity (Moratti exact words) nobody asked him to invent something better. He was chosen because Pools style was similar. So from were the fuck did he get the idea to play like Barca?

    Seriously how the fuck this doesn't worry you or that Benitez doesn't have anything to do with it? If anything Juve is the prime example how some player function better under a competent coach. Did Obi, Mariga or other players had a though WC? His over stressing players with his shitty training. I don't know who can we get but Benitez needs to move on simple as that. He might not be a bad coach but he just doesn't fit here.

    ps. sorry for the mistakes I'm sure there are many, I'm not good at English and it took me a long time to wright this


    Brilliant piece of writing! Your English is nothing to be ashamed of; in fact, you write much better than most of the Liverpool / Benitez fans who have come to this forum to promote him and slag our past coaches. They put the blame on our players, and I even came across a post that blames Mourinho for not solving the dressing room problems that supposedly happened this season under Benitez.

    I really appreciate the fact that you had the patience to go through almost every point to lay out your argument, especially the way our team played tactically in the last season compared to the present one, and how and why our players are not functioning to their best compared to last season. And I totally share your detailed observations and conclusions, even though I couldn't be bothered to write so much about it.

    Also, you have made a very strong point that whichever "world class" players that Mourinho got last season were in reality "wash outs" or "unwanted" in other teams, except for Milito + Motta, and Milito was only intended to be a second striker who was not exactly the super-terror that would scare the hell out of opposite defenders.

    A very good post, one of the most insightful on this forum. Thank you.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    01 Aug 07
    Posts
    893
    Thanked
    374 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ, Baggio

    Australia

    Bibonzo and Nyall, great posts. Thats exactly the reason people come on this board, to hear some informed discussion about Inter. You both made excellent points.

  17. #17
    Score Icardi Score Nyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Nov 07
    Posts
    12,004
    Thanked
    7,838 times
    Fav. Player
    Burdisso

    Canada

    16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    -_- Had a near complete reply for this and then accidently moved my mouse and lost it, so I have to started again.

    Quote Originally Posted by bibonzo View Post
    First lets address the transfer part. Out of 5 player that were sold only Balotelli played a part in the whole season, others that featured from that list in a couple of games did more bad than good. Balo while he had a big impact at times, nobody can deny this, he evened it out with his bad performance. He got red cards when he started and played totally opposite than he was instructed costing us points in the process. That's why majority were for his sale and not against, he had a big impact but it worked in both ways. If anything I only agree on this that Benitez never got his joker player that he would use when things are ruff. Our only mistake on mercato.
    I didn't mention those names to show that we depleted our squad. I did so to indicate that we had already sold for the summer yet Moratti, and co. were still humming that same tone. Also, I disagree with the fact that Balotelli's good were evened out with his bad. If after spending the last 4 years watching him, that's what you believe then Coutinho and Biabiany don't even have good then, period, and as alternatives to depend on they are absolutely awful.



    Quote Originally Posted by bibonzo View Post
    Now to transfer targets. Bare in mind Rafa had a vision we will play sexy possession football, he came here with the intention to prove something. Realistically we could get Kuyt, Mascherano and Sculli. In fact this are the player he wanted and asked for! Fabregas was mentioned but in reality that was more fiction than reality.
    We can agree that Rafa may have asked for Kuyt and Mash, however Sculli? I highly doubt that. In fact I doubt that completely. Seemed more like Moratti trying to use his close Genoa ties to sign a player cheaply if you ask me.

    Quote Originally Posted by bibonzo View Post
    Kuyt is no Balo, he plays and contributes when a team plays good around him. Hardly a game changer more a support player that does a fair amount of dirty work in his position. Could he improve us? Hardly looking at our style and tactics. He has very little pace, passing is average, can't create something out of nothing and his goal and assist ratio isn't really unbelievable. Actually I believe he would fit right in more miserable performances with the way we are playing.
    That's the thing, Kuyt may not be a game changer but he still has goals and assists. Coutinho and Biabiany so far have 0 goals and like 2 assists after playing like 20 games combined in Serie A this season. The fact is Moratti replaced Balotelli who was good enough to be a starter at any given time for players who are not even good enough to be on Inter's bench.


    Mascherano, eh what to say? A world class DM. Again why would we get a another DM when we want to play possession football with 3 man midfield. Hes great at everything he does except passing and spreading the play witch is our problem. 30million is a waste of money for something we already have in no less than 4 options (Cambiasso, Zanetti, Mariga and Muntari - even if Muntari sucks its still doesn't change the fact we have options). What we needed is a Schweinsteiger/Banega/Lampard type of player. Benitez never asked for this type of player.
    Mash is twice as good as Muntari, Mariga and Zanetti, much better than Cambiasso. Why shouldn't we invest in better players when they are cheap and willingly to come to us. Did Barca need him more than us? I don't know, but they got him and are not complaining, are they?

    Sculli: If Kuyt never fitted there is no point in even discussing this. I would take Biabiany and Couthino any day.
    I'm sorry I just don't believe that out of all the strikers in the league that Rafa would come to Italy from England and name Sculli as the player he would want especially with the likes of Quagliarella and Cavani available for transfer.

    So the whole point here is that we had no realistic targets that would improve things over the current setup of players. The ones that would give us the edge had a price tag of around 40 million and on top of that they were all tied and happy where they are. Even further we wasted the whole summer trying bringing Ben's men (Mascha, Kuyt) because he probably gave his word to Branca that they will come if we offer fair deals. Both gave the boot 2 days before the transfer closed. Miracles are not possible in such a short period. In the end it was not a big issue. We had a fantastic squad that did great and the general consensus was that we will improve in winter if needed. Later on I will compare the 2 systems between Bens and Mou's Inter that may share some light on why do key players perform so bad. But first things first.
    If treble winners had no realistic targets the summer after winning the tripleta and having nearly a 100 million euros to spend then that just goes to show that there is a problem somewhere. And also you are wrong man, so damn wrong. We wasted the entire summer travelling back and forth to Madrid to try to sell our players. We must have spent 2 minutes trying to sign Mash, with that laughable offer which was not even fair. I mean come on 6 million plus Muntari? Would you ever consider such an offer?

    I remember when Mourinho just came and we played our first game and it became clear as day we needed a winger. Branca flew his ass to Portugal to get the deal done within 24 hours. He did nothing of the sort this time to get anything done showing that the club really weren't even trying to fulfill Rafa's requests.

    I'll reanalyze as short as I can 2 years Mou had and the whole thing that "he got what he wanted" in transfers. In his first season he got what he wanted and everybody knows how it went. All 3 signings that costed 60 million were flops. He quickly reverted back to what Mancini used and made the most of it pushing Ibra to his season all high ever. We also had a fairly respectable kick out from CL from Manchester (finalist in the end), while the first game was bad that finished 0:0 we put up a fair fight in the second leg were we looked like a respectable team opposed to years under Mancini were we were embarrassed regularly.
    Fact. I whole heartedly agree

    That story ended and we got to last year. Branca secured Milito and Motta for Mou before the Ibra saga. This were supposed to be the only signings for Mourinho since the management decided they wont give him what he wants because last time it was a disaster. So they asked him what type of player he needs and they will show him realistic targets, after that he approved guys that he liked. When the option to sell Ibra occurred Mourinho was heavily against it but it went ahead, if it was up to him Ibra would still be here. But it never was in his hands. Branca got him Eto in return and promised a playmaker since he just lost Ibra. Snijder was a option and he got him in the last minute.
    What are you talking about? 1) Inter did not sell Ibra, Ibra asked to be sold. 2) We know nothing as how Mourinho felt, as far as I know, Mourinho could have loved the sale. 3) Fact is even though he didn't get the Deco and Carvalho he asked for, Mourinho still got the type of player in Lucio and the Sneijder her asked for. 4) Branca didn't get him Eto'o, Barcelona gave us Eto'o in order to match our 70 million euro asking price.

    Lucio was surplus at Bayern and declared useless. Free transfer.
    Sneijder was a wash out from Real, and he just had the worst season of his life.
    Motta was a wash out from Barca that had a reputation of a injury prone player that played on and off. After several years of struggling threw mid table clubs he put 1 solid season for Genoa.
    Eto a world class poacher that had a reputation of doing only good if he has good supply. In Mous eyes certainly a downgrade from Ibra.
    Milito a player that had a proven record at medium level. Many question marks on how will he cope at Inter.
    Again what are you talking about? Lucio fell out with the coach. Sneijder had a bad season due to injury and the president did not think that he had a place in the squad after the singing of all his new players. Are you going to say Robben was a Madrid washout as well? Motta's injuries had always been his problem not lack of quality, in fact Xavi even said he would be on Barca right now if not for them.

    I do agree somewhat with the last two tho.

    All of them costed around 41 million, less than what Inter got for Ibra alone. Not exactly cream of the crop if you see what I mean. Hardly choices Mou made since he had a taste in more in form, more expensive people.
    The fact is that he got some of his transfers. Some > none

    So he lost his best guy, got a bunch of wash outs and got the pressure he needs to deliver in Europe. He integrated them in a completely new system in record time and rolled on. They all played well more or less. Now lets talk about tactics and the way this 2 Inters are completely different one from another despite sharing the same players and the system.
    If that's you impression of how Mourinho's reign went on, then it's no wonder you're Anti-Rafa. Did you forget about Inter almost getting eliminated from Europe in the group stages? How he almost lost the league several times? Stop trying to make Jose look like some kind of master, who turned poop into gold. It's ridiculous and biased!

    Mou's biggest characteristic was that the team was able to adopt to situations on the field and there opponents. While many refer to it as counter attacking football it was mostly direct football. The whole philosophy was to get in a scoring situation as fast as possible without to much bs. Something Porto, Chelsea and today Real plays. We had games that we controlled completely in every aspect and games that were pure counter attacking football that was heavily based on defending. Every player had a role. We had Zanetti or Cambiasso covering Maicons spot when he roamed forward, we had wingers tracking back and a very mobile 3 man midfield that effectively pressured part of the field were our opponent had the ball. Sneijder was placed much deeper and he was in charge for distribution and long balls. Milito was left alone and wide positions and placement of our wingers gave him space and opportunity to do what he does best since hes a gap exploiter.
    ... Not disagreeing with the adaptability but some here called that throwing on as many offensive players as possible and hoping for the best. Don't you think if Rafa had good offensive players he would do that and be more successful at it? Everything else is true.

    I mentioned this because this is were the problem for Rafa's Inter lies and why some players under perform. We play in the same system but its not the same. Our wingers are turned in to inside forwards and they are given no defensive duties. Our 3 man midfield is turned in to 2 man midfield. Sneijder is placed so high that we can see him 80% of time standing right next to our solo striker no matter who that is, with this move Benitez effectively robbed us from his two biggest strengths. Long accurate deadly balls that resulted in many goals last season and the opportunity for him to dictate our play. What he does now is he overlaps with whoever is our striker and shots whenever he has a chance, cant blame him really since we press so high there is no room to do anything else.
    Admittedly, I have not watched every Inter game this season but from what I have seen Sneijder has been allowed to play anywhere on the field, as he did in Mourinho, he's just been underperforming. Up until the Totenham game Maicon's problem wasn't his defensive game it was his offensive game people were moaning about, he's been terrible at it. Also Milito has missed at least 7 sitters so far this season. The fact is two of last season's top performers have been awful so far this season and another has been poor, especially in set pieces.

    Eto is given green light to enter Militos area when they both play whenever he wants, we stack up in attack in around 10 meters with all of our att options. So far he manged to get the most of it but he wont be able to produce every game without support. Hes form will decline and we will be in deep shit. Actually it already started.
    So now what must Rafa do if Milito just sucks?

    Maicon was never unbelievable at defending, he was solid but most of the time under Mou he had help or somebody closing the gap when he leaves and goes forward. Why we see so little of it under Ben is because he gets no support at all and the gap he leaves stays open. Therefor he is instructed to stay put more and hes mostly pined down by the opposition who are lurking around his area. Same story with Chivu who has real problems with speedy players, he was fairly good under Mou.
    Again.. dude stop. Stop making Jose look like some kind of god just to put down Rafa. Complaints were there when Chivu played under Mou and are louder now because Chivu pushes up more and his final product has often been poor. Chivu is in no way shape or form better under Mou than he is now.


    We are instructed to play as high as Barca. We have slow and big CB's, this situation hardly helps them. They are left most of time dealing with fast wingers and att on the brake that beat them quite easily. Now that Lucio was given green light to ram whenever he wants forward hardly helps the situation, this is something Mou limited to a absolute minimum(Lucio stayed at his place 99% of time). When we do get the ball players tend to slow it down and play as opposed to Mou's system where it was the sole purpose to hit opponents as fast as possible on a unorganized defense.

    Why Milito sucks so much? Because hes a gap exploiter and he will never work in this type of system. Rollback and see most of his goals. Fast brake he gets the ball usually behind or between the defense and shoots. He never dribbled past 5 defenders. Since we slow our game, there is no one to put a long ball (Snijder as striker) he gets lost. He is constantly marked in small space by several defenders and since most teams bunker down there is no space to exploit or move to. The fact that Sneijder and Eto both stack up around him doesn't help ether. We have absolutely no width all players move inside. Our play is orchestrated by Zanetti, Canbiasso or Stankovic. There is no plan on how to play the team just moves the ball around and then somebody, mostly Eto or Sneijder, shot from somewhere.
    Hard to disagree with there and that is my biggest problem with Rafa his high defensive line. But saying the team doesn't have a plan is wrong. We do, and Sneijder and Coutinho are the initators of that plan. They're final product has simply been poor. A change in approach is needed, honestly like perhaps one we saw last night.

    Benitez absolutely has no clue on how to use this guys nor does he have any gameplan ready.
    He's a professional coach. So I think he knows a little more than you do.

    On to injuries since they seem to be the main problem. Sure I don't deny they had a impact but they were not as bad from the start. They got unbelievable bad just a week ago, Benitez still had a more than a respectable team to play. Mou had his problems during the season, he lost Chivu for most of the season, Snijder was banned and injured for short periods same as Motta, Cambiasso, Samuel, balo was put in the stands........etc. The only difference is that Benitez had them all at once. But they are all short term except for Samuel and they affected only 1 game completely. Mou worked without any defenders in his first season for more than a month and he still finished in style. As far as the bench remark goes show me a top team that has a better bench and skip Barca while your at it. The bench is about having solid players and we have exactly that. Nobody has world class players on the bench!
    No one is asking for world class bench players. But would it be a crime to ask for capable bench players especially attackers? Do you not see that having two bench players who have yet to grab a goal in about 20 games as a problem? Especially for a team that has often had a problem in getting started such as Inter? Mourinho did win all of his games thanks to his line up, it's the players off the bench that would make the difference, even if they didn't score.

    The problem is team played bad long before injuries pooped out, so we can have a nice debate on how much would it help. We had 2 good half's and 2 good games so far, we beaten Roma in supercopa who were a total mess at the time and we trashed Werder 4:0 that was in a relegation zone in Germany that conceded 3 goals per game against everybody. We had Tottenham trashed because they were scared, in the second half they pulled 3 back threw Bale that destroyed us in the return leg. Funny how he didn't put this type of performances against anybody else in England. Out of 3 derbies we got a point from possible 9 at home against Juve. Athletico trashed us, Twente played on pair with us and teams from relegation zone Lecce and Brescia made a name for themselves. Actually the only respectable victory we got under Benitez was a 0:1 at Palermo witch was in reality a bad game where we pulled one from Eto in a more than even game, it also needs to be noted Palermo is less than impressive so far.
    Dude you wanna talk about unimpressive games yet you talk about Mourinho as some sort of god? If I had the time I would name every single unimpressive game Mourinho had under us (irregardless of result) and trust me you won't ever use that as an argument as to why Rafa should go. Btw, we beat Palermo 2-1 not 1-0..

    Benitez's Inter wins less than 40% of its games(his usual percent at liverpool), that means we barely win every other game. Inter is known for strong starts in post Calciopoli era and both Mou and Mancini busted around 70% wins at this very same time under there control. Inter always dipped in form after the winter if we play this bad now I'm really scared how it will look then. Both M&M have a record of 62% wins during there time in all competitions. Right now Eto is involved in 45% of every goal we made, Ibra was involved in only 15% during the so called one man show era. We have the worst scoring record in the last 8 years in Seria A scoring only 13 goals from 12 games compared to last season when we had close to 30. Aperantlly we are playing attacking football compared to last season, a neutral would not agree.
    In our era of Ibra dependence which was only Mou's first season, (Before that he got help from Cruz and Crespo who both scored 15 goals each), Ibra scored 25 goals out of 75 which is not 15%. He also had 6 assists which makes him involved in 31 out of 75 goals which again is not 15% but 41%. But let's go even further than that in total he had 29 goals and 8 assists. The team scored 83 goals in that season. Which means that Zlatan Ibrahimovic had an involvement of 44.5% or rounded off to 45% of all our goals that season! Which is TRIPLE the value of the 15% you gave.

    Last year at this time. Maicon had found the net, Milito was in double digits, Sneijder had assists, Motta had found the net, Stankovic had found the net in Serie A, the list goes on and on. This time those players are out of form and not scoring. We are averaging more shots and possession than last year (I am not necessarily saying that this is a good thing), but those are the characteristics of a more attacking team, not just goals.

    In the end Beitez was brought for continuity (Moratti exact words) nobody asked him to invent something better. He was chosen because Pools style was similar. So from were the fuck did he get the idea to play like Barca?
    He's not playing like Barcelona. He's playing like Rafa's teams play, which is similar to Barca. You can't expect a coach to come in and do the exact same thing as the last coach can you? Moratti needed to give the man support not just rest on his laurels.

    Seriously how the fuck this doesn't worry you or that Benitez doesn't have anything to do with it? If anything Juve is the prime example how some player function better under a competent coach. Did Obi, Mariga or other players had a though WC? His over stressing players with his shitty training. I don't know who can we get but Benitez needs to move on simple as that. He might not be a bad coach but he just doesn't fit here.
    Inter have world class physios who watch Inter train. If Benitez's training is the problem they would say something. That is my stance.

    ps. sorry for the mistakes I'm sure there are many, I'm not good at English and it took me a long time to wright this
    Wooow, the one mistake you made was when you tried to point out you're bad at English, which you are not. You are actually really good at it, one of the best on the forums.
    Best match thread opener ever.

  18. #18
    Score Icardi Score Nyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Nov 07
    Posts
    12,004
    Thanked
    7,838 times
    Fav. Player
    Burdisso

    Canada

    16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    Also I just want to make one thing clear. I don't want Rafa to stay because I like him. I'm indifferent to him. I just don't agree with the sentiment that sacking Rafa will solve our problems, it will simply make things worse as we will have a new coach to change the team again. We don't need that as a club we need stability! The problem is much bigger than Rafa himself.
    Best match thread opener ever.

  19. #19
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    rafa is a big percentage of the problem....
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  20. #20

    Join Date
    08 Nov 10
    Posts
    68
    Thanked
    0 times

    Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post




    The man hasn't even spent a dime in the transfer market or used a tactic of his own yet. He's basically been forced to use Mourinho's team with weaker players.

    But that was his own decision. In the summer he was courted by 2 Italian giants, one club offered him time and money to turn around a struggling team while the other offered him the best squad in Italy and one of the strongest in Europe( can you guess the teams ) were little change was necessary.*

    He was entirely aware of the situation and clearly didnt feel he needed time as his 2 main targets were Mascherano, a great DM but hardly an area Inter are lacking, and a 30year old Kuyt. Either he overestimated his ability or the squads ability but November is not the time to discover this. August/September is when players are still eligible for the CL and buying players in that window invariably means giving them time to settle.

    MM installed Rafa as manager for the express purpose of getting the best out of a group of players who are still at their peak, many will be over the hill in the next few years but right now the nucleus of the squad is still great.

    Rafa's greatest strength(in the past at least) is his coaching and getting the best out of under performing players, he is however a poor squad builder. At Valencia he took over Cupers twice Champions League finalists team and turned them into La Liga champions. When additions were needed to be made to the squad he inherited it was the board who made them much to his chagrin leading to his famous quote: "I asked for a table and they bought me a lampshade".

    At Liverpool a similar situation occurred were he drastically improved Houlliers struggling team to CL and FA cup victories. 12 of the 14 players used in Istanbul were there before Rafa arrived and 9 of the 14 in Cardiff the next year. As the seasons went and he brought in his own players( he gutted everyone apart from local heroes Carragher and Gerrard) they won nothing. His constant chopping and changing just bought him more time and more excuses.

    Massimo Moratti is well aware of Rafa's strengths and weaknesses(allow him time to build and you could be waiting for ever) and he and Rafa clearly have had conversations what is expected of him this season. Sadly for Rafa if he fails at Inter he could follow Juane Ramos to the outskirts of Russia to stay in management.


    *There are 3 reasons why Rafa picked Inter ahead of Juve

    1)Liverpool: after years of struggling in England with a never ending rebuilding exercise the prospect of taking over a ready made team must have been appealing.
    2)Madrid: He's a Madrista at heart and has always coveted the job. Sadly he needs to be successful to get the job.
    3)The special one: Rafa has never let his rivalry with Jose go and the prospect of following in his footsteps and improving on them hence the over ambitious statement of winning with 'tiki tiki' football.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •