Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rafa Must Go!

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member

Rafa Must Go!

I am not an idiot, neither am I blind, I do not blindly pledge allegiance to anyone, neither will I blindly hate someone as well. I chose this title because this situation reminded of that famous Youtube video. A person is being attacked constantly for how the end product turns out without even checking the circumstances that lead to this final product. In the 2009/2010 Inter probably had its most successful season in terms of silverware ever since it's inception, and all fans of the Nerazzuri were proud!

Last week after the derby, I wrote an article, although I was severely disappointed, defending this man! I wrote up all the reasons why I believed that Rafa shouldn't be sacked. Now one week later I'm going to try my best to present to you why I believe that Rafael Benitez must go, and I'm going to try to do it without contradicting anything I said last week.

The month of November has probably been the worst month of football for Inter since the Calciopoli scandal. We have, lost to Spurs, drawn with Brescia and Lecce and lost to Milan and Chievo. Luck is a big part of football, Jose Mourinho once said that he would rather be a lucky coach that a good one, and up until the game today I was under the impression that Rafa has been extremely unlucky up to this point. However today, in the Chievo game it became obvious that Rafa has a terribly flawed plan A, and a non-existent plan B.

A coach, by default, should always look to use tactics and formations that will utilize the strengths of his players. The formations may have done that for some of the players but the tactics sure as hell didn't. It's as if today, 11 different players were on the field and the 11 different players were given instructions to do whatever the hell they desired. Our play simply comprised of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, and then we would either lose the the ball due to misplaced pass or via a shot taken from timbuktu. Game after game this month, Rafa has simply approached each game the same. He has yet to even alter the high defensive line which has made us even more, susceptible to counter attacks and have given us practically no space up front to do anything feasible in attack but pass.

I'm not in the habit of blaming the coach for injuries at all. Even if their is evidence that it is his fault, or whatever, solely because if I blame Rafa for these injuries then I could also blame Mourinho for the injuries last year, etc. I have no doubt that Rafa is a good manager, but so far he has shown nothing, but ineptness. It's true he came to Inter with the intent of playing a formation, let's call that A. However, injuries has plagued this team, and right now, the team is lacking it's best players. Why not do the most sensible thing, and just change the formation to better utilize the players we do have available? Would changing to another formation, let's call it B, hurt more than forcing youngsters and bench players to have to play in formation A?

Again, let me repeat myself, Rafael Benitez is a great manager, you have to be to lead any team be it great like Barcelona, or average like Porto to a UCL crown, but there are things that he is simply lacking that a team like Inter, especially with the kind of players it has, need to thrive. These are things that can't be measured, but can be easily seen, these things matter though, and they matter significantly. Rafa's approach may work for 99.99999% of teams out there, but at a team like Inter it simply cannot work. Rafa cannot change who he is unfortunately, so the Inter board should simply do the next best thing and change to a coach that would be better suited to this team.

It was was clear over the summer that Moratti, and Co. never had any kind of faith in Rafa. He was given a short term contract, which can be broken without any kind of effort. Inter can simply not go on like this, something needs to change. Despite the result of the previous game, despite what is said after a previous game, we approach the games the same way. Rafa has shown a complete inability to induce a change in approach, regardless of circumstance. One of the main reasons, why I defended Rafa was because I was confident that with his job on the line he would have been able to get the team to perform today. Today, was a must win game, regardless of how we look at it, and we didn't even pick up a point from this game.

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." — Albert Einstein. Is Rafa Benitez a good coach? Yes. Is he stupid? I'll leave that for you to answer... I just feel that a change is needed, and as things stand now, unless Rafa is willing to change his tactics, management style and approach, to adjust to situations instead of his current one-size fits all method, and do it quickly..

Rafa Must Go!
    Best match thread opener ever.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter
    Nyall, I salute you not for agreeing with my opinion. But for the fact that you aren't stubborn and decided to change your opinion based on facts.

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by La Brujita View Post
    Nyall, I salute you not for agreeing with my opinion. But for the fact that you aren't stubborn and decided to change your opinion based on facts.
    Same here.

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Bosnia Herzegovina

well done dude!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Nyall, you made me want to have Benitez stay and now you want him to go? you are playing with my feelings hahaha... not

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Nyall, I dont completely agree with you on it. But you have an Interista heart!

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Good article nyall.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Albania

Good article mate. I don't support Rafa either, but sacking him now wouldn't help us for better (that's what I think). The other coach would find the team in a complete mess and it wouldn't be easy for him either. Rafa must go, but in January.
    TI TE DOMINET MILAN

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaster View Post
    Good article mate. I don't support Rafa either, but sacking him now wouldn't help us for better (that's what I think). The other coach would find the team in a complete mess and it wouldn't be easy for him either. Rafa must go, but in January.
    why in january? when we lose also the CWC?

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti, D.Mi

Singapore

Great post Nyall. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter
    The man has won some great cups in his career, but clearly at Inter its not working..Strange muscular injuries, he and his staff,all the fitness trainers included has to have some blame in this situation, its incredible how long is the list atm..We are in a horrible state and there are not many classy coaches around who could instantly take over..They are all involved with teams.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Efrain21C View Post
    why in january? when we lose also the CWC?
    Are you bloody stupid or what the fuck is going on with people in this forum?

If we bring someone in January, he will have more time to prepare the team and to take the "command" of the team, don't you understand it? If we bring someone now, he will find the team in a big mess, and will do even worse than Rafa.
    TI TE DOMINET MILAN

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaster View Post
    Are you bloody stupid or what the fuck is going on with people in this forum?

If we bring someone in January, he will have more time to prepare the team and to take the "command" of the team, don't you understand it? If we bring someone now, he will find the team in a big mess, and will do even worse than Rafa.
    Am I stupid? no, I'm just seeing the facts, when was the last time we won a game?

What do you prefer? Take Command of the team when we are already fighting for an Europa League spot, or have someone new taking command and being able to fight for the title? If we wait til january that 9 point lead Milan has can become a fucking 19, and yes, you will tell me that you are going to chase for the title that way?

Our season would be over by then, we still have time to make things right.

So next time you fucking insult me don't think I'll just stay quiet

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

Quote Originally Posted by Efrain21C View Post
    Am I stupid? no, I'm just seeing the facts, when was the last time we won a game?

What do you prefer? Take Command of the team when we are already fighting for an Europa League spot, or have someone new taking command and being able to fight for the title? If we wait til january that 9 point lead Milan has can become a fucking 19, and yes, you will tell me that you are going to chase for the title that way?

Our season would be over by then, we still have time to make things right.

So next time you fucking insult me don't think I'll just stay quiet
    correct!
    on current form and performances, i cannot see a win in the near future
    we will certainly be more than the 9 pts behind milan
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I don't buy story that he's great coach and great manager but he isn't for Inter.

He's ugly, fat, bad coach and he is even worse like manager and, I agree, he must go.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

hes lost control and if he cant even enstill that kind of mindset into a trble winning team, how the fuck is he going to manage a team in a crisis at the moment.....
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Eto'o

Croatia

I read every fuckin word and I agree on every single word u wrote. Nice article tho

Fav. Player
    Sneijder

Rafa is fucking turning us to Liverpool
    ~F.C. INTERNAZIONALE~
    Scudetto 2009/2010 ✓
    Coppa Italia 2009/2010 ✓
    Champions Leauge 2009/2010 ✓
    Italian Super Cup 2009/2010 ✓
    Club World Cup 2010/2011 ✓

FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE!

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Recoba

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by La Brujita View Post
    +1 and I would also applaud the writing since he indeed didn't contradict anything he said previously!

Canada

Awesome article! I agree Rafa must go!