Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kwadwo Asamoah

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Kwadwo Asamoah

According to pedulla from datasport deal is made. The clubs still need to finalize a few details but he is saying e fatta. Obi and biabany are likely to be involved in the deal.

Personally I like him as long as we still get a class midfielder in the summer.

Will add links later, currently posting from my bb.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Asamoah can become a pretty beastly box to box in the near future. Not sure if this is necessarily a vote of confidence towards Mariga's future. Asamoah is more polished though and better going forward. Hopefully he replaces Muntari.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Kuwait

this guy is either gonna be the next essien or the next muntari, hopefully muntari leaves before he arrives so his "muntariness" wont rub off on him

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

Another african huh? I dunno who he is (is he the one from Udinese?!) but I hope he add something more than just muscles to an already muscular team.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    He's quick wil add pace to the midfield, he is much betterwith the ball than any of our DM's who's not Motta and has a decent shot on him according to one of my Ghanian friends.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Yeah, he's the one from Udinese.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Asamoah can become a pretty beastly box to box in the near future. Not sure if this is necessarily a vote of confidence towards Mariga's future. Asamoah is more polished though and better going forward. Hopefully he replaces Muntari.
    Mariga is a dm while asamoah is a box to box midfielder. We have to remember deki is 34 so - kwadwo more as a replacement for him in the long term.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Biabiany's a part of the deal?

YES! We HAVE to get a winger now!

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

He is very good but is Udinese the new Genoa? Are we going to give them all our prospects?

We are linked to him, Cristian Zapata, Inler and Sanchez???

They finished close to the bottom last season with the best striker in the league.... do we really want to buy a 4th of their starting lineup? None of which are cheap?
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Deki is 32, i think he had his b-day in september/october
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

Yup, September 11th.
    #InterMentality

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Waiting for more confirmations, one Pedulla doesn't convince yet. Asamoah might be a good addition. Though I'm not sure about his ball technique.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

He usually doesn't use e fatta unless he is pretty sure. But we will see in january.

Here are the links for those who haven't read it yet.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=14091
    http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=32438
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Mariga is a dm while asamoah is a box to box midfielder. We have to remember deki is 34 so - kwadwo more as a replacement for him in the long term.
    Fair enough. The reason I said that it's not good for Mariga's future is due to the fact that I don't think that Asamoah and Mariga would make a great midfield duo. Asamoah isn't going to orchestrate an attack or spray passes like a Motta for example. However, I could be wrong I haven't seen Asamoah a lot. Only when he's played us and for Ghana in the world cup. It is definitely time to start shopping for Deki's replacement though.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Fair enough. The reason I said that it's not good for Mariga's future is due to the fact that I don't think that Asamoah and Mariga would make a great midfield duo. Asamoah isn't going to orchestrate an attack or spray passes like a Motta for example. However, I could be wrong I haven't seen Asamoah a lot. Only when he's played us and for Ghana in the world cup. It is definitely time to start shopping for Deki's replacement though.
    In the current formation no but will we be playing 4-2-3-1 forever?? Cambiasso-mariga doesn't work very either in this formation. In this current formation we need deki or motta fit else it falls apart.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Waiting for more confirmations, one Pedulla doesn't convince yet. Asamoah might be a good addition. Though I'm not sure about his ball technique.
    He's very good on the ball.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter
    Wow, no rumors and suddenly we hear that the deal is done? Crazy stuff.

He'll be 22 in December. I'll happily ship Muntari, and Biabiany out for him.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into another Muntari.

But why are we giving them Obi? He seems decent.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by La Brujita View Post
    Wow, no rumors and suddenly we hear that the deal is done? Crazy stuff.

He'll be 22 in December. I'll happily ship Muntari, and Biabiany out for him.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into another Muntari.

But why are we giving them Obi? He seems decent.
    If its co-ownership for obi its fine. He will probably play more at udinese once our injury situation clears. I wouldn't give him away 100%. Biabany not too worried about, not convinced he is inter material.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Cuchu, The Wall

Australia

An old article from goal.com for those interested....

Calcio Debate: Kwadwo Asamoah – The Next Great Ghana Midfielder?
    One Serie A player has exploded in the second half of the season. His name? Kwadwo Asamoah of Udinese. Carlo Garganese believes the 20-year-old has the potential to make it to the very top...
    Apr 29, 2009 1:20:47 PM

Ghana, like many African nations, have possessed an abundance of midfield talent in recent years. Stephen Appiah and Sulley Muntari have both starred for top Italian clubs Juventus and Inter, respectively, while Chelsea’s Michael Essien can currently claim to be one of the world’s best enforcers.

Going further back, Karim Abdul Razak was one of Africa’s premier midfielders during the 1980s, whereas former Marseille and Torino playmaker Abedi Pele, the ‘African Maradona’, is an undisputed legend of the game.

Could another great Ghanaian midfielder be just about to emerge?

Until a few months ago, Kwadwo Asamoah was a virtual unknown. The 20-year-old had moved to Torino on loan in January 2008 from Swiss side Bellinzona, and then on loan again to Udinese last summer. Until January of this year, Asamoah had yet to make his Serie A debut, and anyone dedicated enough to study squad rosters would probably have written off the youngster as a nonentity.

Asamoah finally made his bow on January 11, as a second-half substitute in the 1-1 home draw with Sampdoria. He has since been a virtual ever-present, starting 13 matches, and scoring one goal – a superb effort during the 3-1 win over Fiorentina a fortnight ago.

In the space of just three months, Asamoah’s transfer value has risen from a five-figure sum to at least €15 million. Every major Italian club, particularly Inter and Juventus, are said to be interested in signing the starlet, while it is surely only a matter of time before Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger, and other Premier League giants, start passing over a few admiring glances.

In many ways, Asamoah is the complete modern midfielder. He has explosive pace, everlasting stamina, bull-like strength, and moves tirelessly from box-to-box. Yet, unlike your Essien or Muntari, he also possesses some exciting technical skills. Asamoah dribbles and surges past opponents, passes the ball well, has good awareness, and possesses a sweet left foot. If you had to compare him to a player, you would say he is a mix between Edgar Davids and Manchester United’s Anderson, only less robust and defensive-minded than the former, and not as tactical as the latter.

Juventus and Inter both desperately need a top-class midfielder this summer, and they could do a lot worse than Asamoah. He may only have three months' top-class experience under his belt, but there is no replacement for raw talent, and Asamoah certainly has the makings of a really special player. He is also very versatile, as he is so complete and supple, and could probably fit into any tactical system.

At next summer’s World Cup, FIFA President Sepp Blatter has already vowed that an African nation can make it to the semi-finals. Ivory Coast are perhaps the best equipped to fulfil this prophecy, but one should not rule out Ghana. The Black Stars may be lacking a bit of quality in defence and attack, but in a year’s time their midfield will be able to hold its own against most teams. Essien, Muntari and Asamoah have the potential to form a fearsome trident. Were Mario Balotelli to follow Anthony Baffoe’s advice and pledge his allegiance too, then Ghana really could cause a stir in South Africa.
    I would welcome his signing simply for fact he's not another sit in front of the defence DM type... We need more box to box types and Asamoah would bring some serious pace to what it at the moment a very static and sluggish midfield.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Ingredients: Ghanian, left footed, played for Udinese and about to join Inter to help out that poor left side of midfield that we have.....add 2 pinches of salt, leave in the oven for a few minutes and you have yourself a Muntari.