Going off of the Champions League standings I have come up with this list of teams that we can face in the Round of 16...
We can't play the team from our group and a team from our country in the first round of pairings.. just to remind everyone.
The list: Schalke, Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Bayern Munchen, Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Shakhtar Donetsk.
That is a pretty tough list. These would be my preferences:
1. Shakhtar Donetsk (good match up)
2. Schalke 04 (defense that can be exploited)
3. Bayern Munchen (not in the best of form)
4. Manchester United (solid team, but not like past years)
5. Chelsea FC (in a mini crisis, but Ancelloti knows the way we play, plus we don't have Mourinho)
6. Real Madrid (In great form, and Mourinho would know our players better than anyone)
7. FC Barcelona (Still the best offensive team in the world, and have proved it several times this season)
Who would you fancy our chances against? IF we are full strength come February I could see us beating the first five teams after two legs, however the last 2 are highly doubtful. And I'm making a large assumption that our midfield and offense could reach a decent level somewhat like the previous season.