View Poll Results: Would you welcome Ronaldo back?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell no!

107 31.56%
  • I don't really care

30 8.85%
  • Yes, but only if we get a good deal

47 13.86%
  • Hell yeah!

61 17.99%
  • I'd like to welcome him with a ROCKET LAUNCHER

55 16.22%
  • I love Ronaldo so much, i name my crap after him

39 11.50%
Page 168 of 169 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169 LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3372

Thread: Luiz Nazario Ronaldo Da Lima

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Imho, you guys are way too harsh. If anything, i would be pissed off to Ronaldo for playing for bbilan, even if it was for a short period.

Yes, Ronaldo was an asshole. But in the end, I don't feel he was so terribly an asshole that we need to hate him.

He left Inter out of spite, cause he didn't want to work with Cuper. And again, he probably joined milan out of spite, to "punish" Moratti for choosing Cuper over him.

He considers Moratti a father (including the "punishing" part, which sounds a lot like what teenagers do to their parents).

Many former Inter players have been talking about Moratti as a second father by the way, for good or worse.

Eto'o had the sweetest words he ever said for him.

In short, I believe Ronaldo acted like a whimsical teenager.

But did he act so badly to deserve a ban from our hearts? Imho no. And he gave us many joys.
    Sorry, but the most annoying post I've ever seen. Learn ENGLISH!!!

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr J View Post
    What's wrong with his English???

3. Thanks (2): Javier'sSon, Steevee

Sweden

I would use:

At all his statements. It hurt my eye.

Greece

That's a presentation issue, not a language deficiency.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    I mean that's better English than half of Scotland speak
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

I would use:

At all his statements. It hurt my eye.
    just one eye?

8. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, DARi0

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Who gives a shit, this isn't school.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

10. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Duly noted.

I have no issues with accepting criticism (I remember asking a user to correct me, when he feels like doing it), but clever people, when they want to say: "you suck", take the trouble to explain how and in what way.

I guess it's no coincidence you're currently unemployed.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, in summary:

- some former Inter players have described Moratti as a fatherly figure.

- between the lines, when you read Ronaldo's interview, you can see the same dynamic at play.

- he left Inter and some years later joined milan, I believe, mostly to spite Moratti, like a teenager would get a tattoo to spite their dad.

My point was: yes, he acted like an asshole, but maybe we can forgive him because, after all, he simply acted like a stupid teenager.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

12. Thanks (2): Handoyo, MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Duly noted.

I have no issues with accepting criticism (I remember asking a user to correct me, when he feels like doing it), but clever people, when they want to say: "you suck", take the trouble to explain how and in what way.

I guess it's no coincidence you're currently unemployed.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, in summary:

- some former Inter players have described Moratti as a fatherly figure.

- between the lines, when you read Ronaldo's interview, you can see the same dynamic at play.

- he left Inter and some years later joined milan, I believe, mostly to spite Moratti, like a teenager would get a tattoo to spite their dad.

My point was: yes, he acted like an asshole, but maybe we can forgive him because, after all, he simply acted like a stupid teenager.

I am not sure that was the case, he prob wanted to play at a top team and Milan made him an offer. A lot of Brazilians go to Milan so i am sure he was happy to go there.

Greece

He begged us to return THREE times.

2006 (January), 2006 (summer) and 2007 (January) iirc. Probably also earlier on as we discussed the possibility of acquiring him when they asked us for Adriano and offered Ronaldo as part of the deal and that was back in 2005. And Ronaldo was the top scorer in Spain at the time and he was always Real's top scorer whilst there, yet Perez was keen to sell in order to finance other 'Galactico' transfers. In particular I think they wanted Van Nisterloory, Totti and Chivu in that 2005 window. They settled for Cassano in the winter and gave a chance to Sergio Ramos as a center back who was thought to be mainly a right back and DM at the time.

Anyhow, back to Ronaldo. We told him no. Actually Mancini said no in most ocassions. Real Madrid was trying to sell him when Capello was in charge and in 2007 they decided that they wanted to offload him for good . His options were Milan, Manchester City (who were in the process of takeover from the Thai who wanted to give him to the club as an early present) and there was also interest from Liverpool, Roma and PSG who were also under new ownership at the time. Possibly some other teams as well. Only Milan and Liverpool were really important teams at the time. You can't really blame him for joining them. We blew him off several times and we actually did need him before 2006. When Milan got him he'd be a stupid deal for us obviously as we were packed up front.

It was quite similar with Vieri. We let him go when he was 32 and the only team he managed to stay for over a season was Inter, so he was fine and settled in the city. There also wasn't any important interest in him as he was declining. His options were to join some stupid PL club like Newcastle or Tottenham, go to a small club in Italy or move to an Arab league or the MLS. He picked a small Italian club You could consider that spite towards Moratti played a part in Vieri choosing Milan as his next destination, whereas with Ronaldo it didn't make sense as Moratti wanted him back but was in the *listen-to-coach mode* during that time.

Just a clue, Mancini despised Ronaldo when they were both players. Very heated situation in the 1998 Uefa final.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Thanks for the history lesson old man, I almost forgot all these details.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Goddamn Brehme, even as the forum's #1 Ronaldo hater, even I did not remember things that vividly.

18. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Devious

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    For an old timer he has a good memory I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

20. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, DARi0, MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Shame he wasn't here so that we would have Ronaldo and Ibra playing together <3
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson old man, I almost forgot all these details.
    That's because you weren't born yet.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

23. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I loved Ronaldo when he first arrived at Inter. I remember waiting to see how he would recover from his knee injuries and literally counting down the weeks as they went by. Inter were very patient with him but were never repaid for that patience as he left us for Real Madrid. I have not forgiven him for that move and the fact that he also played for Milan.

Today, regardless of how much he says he loves Inter, I cannot help but think he is a Cunt that once had a triangle on his head.

Javier Zanetti loved Inter and that's why he stayed. For Ronaldo, Inter were just a passing interest.
    Last edited by Puma; 11 Feb 19 at 04:47.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    We deserved more after all those years of waiting, fuck him.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

26. Thanks (2): DARi0, Puma

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Looking back at it, i was glad that he was able to come back in his career and win the WC. That Injury after 6 mins when he came one is an image that i still remember vividly to this day, Combine that with the 2002 Lazio Match and his issues with Cuper he was always going to be Real bound at some point.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    a Cunt that once had a triangle on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Looking back at it, i was glad that he was able to come back in his career and win the WC. That Injury after 6 mins when he came one is an image that i still remember vividly to this day, Combine that with the 2002 Lazio Match and his issues with Cuper he was always going to be Real bound at some point.
    If he had given just one season of trying one last time with us, I think most of us would have give him the best of wishes. My biggest beef with him was how he just ditched us after waiting for his return for years. I was fantasizing over a fully fit Ronaldo - Vieri partnership but he crushed that dream.

29. Thanks (1): DARi0

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    We deserved more after all those years of waiting, fuck him.
    Spot on Mate. My sentiments exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post

If he had given just one season of trying one last time with us, I think most of us would have give him the best of wishes. My biggest beef with him was how he just ditched us after waiting for his return for years. I was fantasizing over a fully fit Ronaldo - Vieri partnership but he crushed that dream.
    I just wanted him to show the respect that I felt Inter were due as a club for patiently waiting for and supporting him. The potential partnership with Vieri was not such a big deal for me because Bobo was able to do it without Ronaldo at his side.

In recent posts, I have come to realise that I have real issues with Inter being dropped for Real Madrid (also refer to the Mourinho thread). It is part of the reason that I hate them so much.
    #FlyEaglesFly