View Poll Results: Would you welcome Ronaldo back?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell no!

107 31.56%
  • I don't really care

30 8.85%
  • Yes, but only if we get a good deal

47 13.86%
  • Hell yeah!

61 17.99%
  • I'd like to welcome him with a ROCKET LAUNCHER

55 16.22%
  • I love Ronaldo so much, i name my crap after him

39 11.50%
Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159166167168169
Results 3,361 to 3,372 of 3372

Thread: Luiz Nazario Ronaldo Da Lima

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Just a clue, Mancini despised Ronaldo when they were both players. Very heated situation in the 1998 Uefa final.

From Ze Elias's interview:

“I roomed with Ronaldo, and before the final they chose two players from each side to speak to the press,” Zé Elias says.

“From Lazio it was Nesta and Mancini, and they said that if one of the two sides really deserved the trophy, it was Lazio, because they had got to the final without losing, without having to overcome any bad results.

“Ronaldo was sat there next to them and said, ‘Tomorrow, I’m going to make these two into figuras di merda’,” using an Italian phrase that roughly translates as ‘look a fool’.

“I went to him and asked, ‘Ronaldo, what are you doing?’ He looked at me and said, ‘They talk too much.’”

With a knowing smile, Zé Elias glances up before continuing, “The next day we won the game 3-0. Ronaldo had a field day. He scored a goal, nutmegged someone.

“Mancini came up to him during the game and Ronaldo said, ‘Not now, keep quiet. If you want, I’ll give you my autograph after the game.'”
    https://www.planetfootball.com/in-de...ive-autograph/

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Going a little blurry here, but I recall Ronaldo returning in early August in 2002 and it was in those days that Vieri said they went to Moratti asking to sign Nesta and that they were willing to take a paycut. A guy who was crying that he couldn't help the team win the league on the final day just 3 months earlier.

Why do that if your plan was to leave?

Ronaldo was also the only player returning from the World Cup that was training by himself. Sure, he came later than the rest, but Cuper sidelined him for 2 weeks for no reason as if he was recovering. He was finally fit, but he was being punished. The season was about to start and we kept rejecting Real Madrid bids for days.

At this point probably the last meeting between Ronaldo and Moratti took place. The so called "all we have to do is sit in the same room and it'll be done, Ronaldo isn't leaving" kind of situation escalated into "it's me or Cuper". There's a shitload of details in between of course that have never hit the surface.

It's easy to claim Ronaldo was the superhero who turned villain, it's also a better story. But it doesn't feel like the truth. Not even considering what's been around in the media.

They even claimed Ronaldo threw Simeone out of the club which was probably never the case. They just had a heated moment in a Brazil vs Argentina game when both captained their NT iirc so the media just took it from there.

Players only gave an interview every 6th month back then, it wasn't like today where they make 5 posts on Facebook every day.

3. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    If he had given just one season of trying one last time with us, I think most of us would have give him the best of wishes. My biggest beef with him was how he just ditched us after waiting for his return for years. I was fantasizing over a fully fit Ronaldo - Vieri partnership but he crushed that dream.
    I watch all kinds of sports (basketball, rugby, football) across all leagues, one thing I came to realize is that a lot of players see the sport like a job. They treat it professionally, nothing like a fan whose life revolves around their favorite team. We feel Ronaldo owed us for standing by him through his injuries. He probably felt he'd given his all to the club, lost his peak years to us (1998-2001) and it was better time than any to move on, further his career elsewhere, win titles, etc.

The only person who should be butt hurt about all this is Moratti. But as an experienced business man he should know better: empathy has no room in the corporate world.

Anyway, one thing is clear, Ronaldo was desperate to move on, even using his money to buy out his contract. But we should take comfort in the fact that he favored us (the club and the fans) us most in the end.

I'm curious to know what Ronaldo brought to the club in terms of exposure, sponsorship deals, etc vs what we paid him. He's easily the most marketable player we've ever had at the club.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I watch all kinds of sports (basketball, rugby, football) across all leagues, one thing I came to realize is that a lot of players see the sport like a job. They treat it professionally, nothing like a fan whose life revolves around their favorite team. We feel Ronaldo owed us for standing by him through his injuries. He probably felt he'd given his all to the club, lost his peak years to us (1998-2001) and it was better time than any to move on, further his career elsewhere, win titles, etc.

The only person who should be butt hurt about all this is Moratti. But as an experienced business man he should know better: empathy has no room in the corporate world.

Anyway, one thing is clear, Ronaldo was desperate to move on, even using his money to buy out his contract. But we should take comfort in the fact that he favored us (the club and the fans) us most in the end.

I'm curious to know what Ronaldo brought to the club in terms of exposure, sponsorship deals, etc vs what we paid him. He's easily the most marketable player we've ever had at the club.
    There is def that balance they have to maintain but at the end of the day fans are what generate interest and income for them to be able to live off it professionally. I think what most wanted was at least one full season, especially with the WC he had to give it one last go, its not just the fans, the club also stood by him, continued to pay him while injured and rehab him. They could have just cut their losses and terminated his contract before he recovered.

I don't think Moratti or the club where hurt at all, Ronaldo prob gave the club more worldwide exposure, more fans, more jersey sales, more deals, Adriano came after wanting to be the next Ronaldo. It's a 2 way win when a player like him comes to Inter.

6. Thanks (3): InterFCAustin, rfU, wera

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Bulgaria

8. Thanks (5): A.l.i, AbdiWirajaya, MVD, rfU, Steevee

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I can't stand how shit it looks.
    Wallace

10. Thanks (4): Bergpavian, Fitzy, Linege, Solfice

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Fits the club perfectly though.

Also that pathetic throwback to a legendary player that wasn't even that impactful for us. Sad.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Aren't people tired of living off the past?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

14. Thanks (2): nerazzurri4life, wera

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Aren't people tired of living off the past?
    Not when the present is shit.

16. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Steevee, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Also that pathetic throwback to a legendary player that wasn't even that impactful for us. Sad.
    Can't believe he is Inter Hall of Famer while strikers like Meazza, Altobelli, Boninsegna, Nyers or Jair aren't.

18. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Not sure if trolling and actually really likes the shirt or for once is being serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Not when the present is shit.
    Absolutely. So depressing now.
    Spoiler: text