View Poll Results: Would you welcome Ronaldo back?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell no!

108 31.67%
  • I don't really care

30 8.80%
  • Yes, but only if we get a good deal

47 13.78%
  • Hell yeah!

61 17.89%
  • I'd like to welcome him with a ROCKET LAUNCHER

55 16.13%
  • I love Ronaldo so much, i name my crap after him

40 11.73%
Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3413

Thread: Luiz Nazario Ronaldo Da Lima

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Greatest ever number 9.
    There is only one great number 9. RL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Lewandowski?

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

4. Thanks (2): Dylan, wera

Italy

Inter & AC Milan To Launch Limited Edition Beer Cans In Association With Peroni

Inter and AC Milan have teamed up with Birra Peroni to release limited edition beer cans dedicated to 10 memorable Milan derby moments, the clubs have both revealed.

Five cans will be dedicated to Inter and the other five to Milan and will feature team graphics from the memorable matches.

Peroni is already the official beer sponsor of both clubs and has been for just over a year and the latest products of their partnership will be put on the market later this month.

The “Milan-Inter” on the right side of the poster belongs to this thread.

Spoiler:  

The 5 lattine rossonere are all related to a scudetto: Milan-Inter 2-0 (1987/88), Milan-Inter 1-0 (1991/92), Milan-Inter 2-1 (1993/94), Milan-Inter 3-2 (2003/04), Milan-Inter 3-0 (2010/11).

I couldn't find the 5 nerazzurre yet, but based on time window and supposed parameters (meaningful games, seasons with a trophy and variety), at least 4 of them should be a lock: Milan-Inter 0-1 (1988/89), Milan-Inter 0-3 (1997/98), Milan-Inter 3-4 (2006/07), Milan-Inter 0-4 (2009/2010).

+ Nicolino's header over Bobone's thigh (and any possible memory of 5 maggio), that goes by itself.

Cheers

6. Thanks (7): dax21, Dylan, Fitzy, KevinB, MVD, rfU, Universe

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    Lewandowski?

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
    No, Ronaldo Luiz 9
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

8. Thanks (3): eduzee, MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Very late but didn't know he had hypothyroidism. First the knee injuries then this...

Anyway LGI
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

MI9
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Very late but didn't know he had hypothyroidism. First the knee injuries then this...

Anyway LGI
    I have hypothyroidism any only recently I started curing it properly. I lost 17 kgs in 6 months and the correlation with dropping TSH (thyroid hormone, high if you have hypothyroidism) is extremely clear. Some people think it's related to this EBV virus that can also impact your digestion and stomach.

I'm saying all of this just to point out that the guy may have always struggled and there is a bigger reason why he is called the Fat Ronaldo; he was simply always ill for a bitch of a disease.

United States

Greatest ever number 9.
    Not really. At least if we're talking about at club level.

Ronaldo was statistically a great scorer, but he won only 1 league title in his career & never won UCL.

He only accomplished winning low-tier cup tournaments .

I'm not much of a fan about players who cannot translate their production of goals into big titles for their teams.

Although Ronaldo was very talented, he's easily one of the most overrated players in history.

Whenever people talkes about him, it's only filled with nostalgia.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    That means literally nothing.

He didn't play in this era where rich teams are stacked and their competition is almost useless so stop demanding that the legends should meet the silly expectations put indirectly in place by the post-Bosman effect, Platini stupid CL rules and FFP.

And he is probably the greatest player of all time based on his peak.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

14. Thanks (1): delaurentis

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    That means literally nothing.

He didn't play in this era where rich teams are stacked and their competition is almost useless so stop demanding that the legends should meet the silly expectations put indirectly in place by the post-Bosman effect, Platini stupid CL rules and FFP.

And he is probably the greatest player of all time based on his peak.
    Wrong. If you're being held to such a high standard, then it's definitely a big hole for Ronaldo's legacy.

Every all-time great player will be held accountable on whenever they could lead their teams into success.

This guy played for some of the best/richest clubs with the exceptions winning big titles & underachieved.

Ronaldo was just a guy who put up great numbers & failed to bring notable success for his teams.

Greece

He won the league with Inter in 1998. Actually no, Moggi happened.

He was injured for 3 years in 99 till 2002, would have won the league again if it wasn't for Moggi...and Gresko.

Would have also won the league more times with Real Madrid if it wasn't for that stupid Beckham transfer whilst letting Makelele and Cambiasso go. Not his fault that Real Madrid didn't have a defense.

Won 2 european trophies as well back when it didn't really matter THAT much which one you won. Obviously Champions League still had more prestige, but it's not like in the last 15 years where it's the only trophy in Europe that matters.

And all that's irrelevant. We are discussing quality, not team performance or chemistry and results.

There's never been anyone like Ronaldo and I'm really hoping we'll see something similar even if I doubt it.

Conte uomo di merda

17. Thanks (3): delaurentis, Devious, MVD

Fav. Player

Belgium

Fully agree with Brehme.

Great for you to discribe the context in which R7 en Messi are playing today. The level of competition is nowhere near the same when R9 played.
    At his peak R9 is the greatest footballer I've ever seen. Legendary defenders could not even cope with him.

19. Thanks (3): Devious, Fapuccino, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Yeah, maybe career wise he's not the greatest (although he's won a WC), but at his peak he was the greatest ever imo. Even though I was only a kid, that 2002 WC will be forever imprinted in my head.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Yeah, maybe career wise he's not the greatest (although he's won a WC), but at his peak he was the greatest ever imo. Even though I was only a kid, that 2002 WC will be forever imprinted in my head.
    Ronaldo in 2002 was at like 40% of his ability. And he still was the world's best in a time where Zidane, Figo, Totti, Shevchenko, Crespo, Raul, Rivaldo, Veron, Del Piero and others were in their prime.

If you haven't watched Ronaldo at Barcelona or early Inter days, you simply missed out on greatness.

Ronaldinho's peak with Barcelona is the only thing comparable ever since but even that is far closer to anyone who can claim 3rd place, like Messi for a 4 year period (or 2009-13) or Adriano for us than to Ronaldo's peak.

The fact that the Cristiano imposter wanted to make a career our of his coincidentally same second name instead of his surname or first name just shows what kind of an impact this guy had on the people growing up watching him.

Conte uomo di merda

22. Thanks (2): delaurentis, Devious

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Baggio, Ronaldo R9, Zidane, Figo & Messi to me are among the best talent wise. CR7 had to work a lot harder to reach the amount of goals and consistency over the years. Also he played on a lot better teams, but he is a level below these 5 to me. I also have to add Ronaldinho in there

The CR7 Vs R9 debate is not even a debate, unfortunately because of the titles, social media and popularity people will disagree but you just watch both of them and you know what it is.

24. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Baggio, Ronaldo R9, Zidane, Figo & Messi to me are among the best talent wise. CR7 had to work a lot harder to reach the amount of goals and consistency over the years. Also he played on a lot better teams, but he is a level below these 5 to me. I also have to add Ronaldinho in there

The CR7 Vs R9 debate is not even a debate, unfortunately because of the titles, social media and popularity people will disagree but you just watch both of them and you know what it is.
    Ronaldo played on a lot of better teams? Bro, c'mon. Messi played in Barcelona's best team EVER growing up with the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco taking care of him. While Ronaldo had to move from country to country to get to that shit ligue where there is nothing called defense.

26. Thanks (1): n4l

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ronaldo played on a lot of better teams? Bro, c'mon. Messi played in Barcelona's best team EVER growing up with the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco taking care of him. While Ronaldo had to move from country to country to get to that shit ligue where there is nothing called defense.
    I was talking about Cr7 vs R9 with regards to the teams. The players i was just talking talent wise. But Man Utd teams had great players, RM had great players, we can argue on paper who had better teams or who had it easier but its not like CR7 was playing with lower level players.

I have to say, credit where its due CR7 has done amazing, to be at that level every year and playing in different teams, environments and still be at that level and staying in top form and shape is unheard off. I would argue he has actually improved over time, you see players who are talented fizzle out in their 30s but his work ethic has actually had the opposite effect.

Greece

If you're going back to Baggio days, then you have to include players like Dejan Savicevic and Michael Laudrup there. As well as Totti if you're going to add Figo there.

Ronaldo is heads & shoulders above all these guys.

From 1990 and on, #2 is a lock for Roberto Baggio with #3 being contended by Messi and Ronaldinho whereas I consider Totti and Zidane to be of similar talent to each other for that #5 spot, just a different brand. Totti has a greater ball distribution range (be it about passing, crossing or shooting) and is miles more creative whereas Zidane has sticky feet where it's just too darn hard to make him lose the ball and much more smooth dribbling elegance.

The only other contemporary player that has a chance of being included in such a list would be Zlatan but personally I wouldn't include him in a top 10 list since 1990. I also hold Recoba highly for these kind of lists as well as Hagi, Stoichkov and Prosinecki followed by the rest of the Balkan clan (Stojkovic, Boban etc). Cristiano Ronaldo is surely a talented player but I think his athletic and mental ability is what separates him from the rest and puts him closer to Messi than closer to the next guy. But it's not just a 'talent' thing because then Denilson, Quaresma, Djalminha and Cassano would have been included and their career doesn't really help their cause, as it does not give merit to Recoba either.

The only ones that felt unique are Messi, Cristiano and Zlatan. And possibly Alexis Sanchez. Most of the rest of the top players in the last 10 years feel like there's a very similar player or even more from older periods that were as good or better or maybe in some cases slightly inferior. But those guys were usually overshadowed by some legends that don't get much appreciation as they'd get if they played today.

The number of players who make you go wow is on a steady decline as time goes in this sport. And that's what this is pretty much about. Anyone can prefer someone over another, but anyone who's seen or at least is well versed in the sport can understand that individual talent has diminished over the years, a concern that football fans had since the late 70s where this was first addressed as an issue.

Conte uomo di merda

29. Thanks (1): delaurentis

Fav. Player

Belgium

I guess Mourinho agrees with some of us here

The former Manchester United, Real Madrid, Inter and Chelsea boss considers former Brazil striker Ronaldo to be the finest player he has ever seen. “Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi have had longer careers, they have remained at the top every day for 15 years,” Mourinho told LiveScore.
    “However, if we are talking strictly about talent and skill, nobody surpasses Ronaldo [Nazario].

The likes of Argentine superstar Messi and Portuguese forward Ronaldo have gone on to top those numbers, while breaking countless scoring records with their incredible feats.

Mourinho, though, clearly feels that the Brazilian phenomenon deserves top billing because he was untouchable at times in an era where it was harder to deliver such talismanic showings.
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/messi-c...m1qtgicjo9p4e4

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    So Zlatan doesn't win a CL and he's a choker/flat track bully but Ronaldo hops from Inter, Real, Milan Barca, PSV and nobody gives him shit cause he has a Brazillian WC like Pavard. cool.

Can't wait for the replies.

super metassary
    david mcgoldrick

32. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses