Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Porto (Champions League knockout round)

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Inter - Porto (Champions League knockout round)

Before I get hammered for making a post about the game here, let me just say that this isn't the official match topic but the topic where we can c&p articles, write news and stuff before both legs and things like that!

And also I am trying to go to the 2nd leg!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Porto remove Fernandez after 6 months

LISBON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - European Champions Porto have sacked their Spanish coach Victor Fernandez after less than six months in charge.
    Porto were expected to replace Fernandez with Vitoria Setubal coach Jose Couceiro, Portuguese state TV and radios said. A club official declined to comment on the reports.

Fernandez, who signed a two-year contract with Porto in August, was the club's second coach since European Cup-winning trainer Jose Mourinho left them at the end of last season to join Chelsea.

Porto replaced Mourinho with Luigi Del Neri in June but surprisingly sacked him in early August before the Portuguese league season had started with media reporting they were fed up with his repeated trips back home to Italy.

Fernandez steered Porto to victory in the World Club Cup final against South American champions Once Caldas in Tokyo in December and into the first knockout stage of the Champions League but his team's domestic form has been poor.

The final straw was their 3-1 defeat at home to Braga in a top-of-the-table match on Sunday. The champions, who have won only one of their last five home league matches, slipped to second two points behind Braga

Syria

10 years of FIF
    CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LIST PRESENTED TO UEFA
    Tuesday, 01 February 2005 12:24:12
    MILAN - FC Internazionale has presented Uefa with its list of 25 players for the Champions League knock-out stage. According to regulations, the B list of youth players (those born after 1 January 1983 and at Inter for at least two consecutive seasons since their fifteenth birthdays) has also been submitted, and includes Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins, born on 28 October 1984.

Goalkeepers:
    1 Toldo Francesco
    12 Fontana Alberto
    15 Carini Fabian

Defenders:
    2 Cordoba Ivan Ramiro
    3 Burdisso Nicolas
    4 Zanetti Javier
    11 Mihajlovic Sinisa
    13 Zé Maria
    16 Favalli Giuseppe
    23 Materazzi Marco
    24 Gamarra Carlos
    77 Coco Francesco

Midfielders:
    5 Emre Belozoglu
    6 Zanetti Cristiano
    7 van der Meyde Andy
    8 Davids Edgar
    14 Veron Juan Sebastian
    18 Kily González Cristian
    19 Cambiasso Esteban Matias
    21 Karagounis Giorgos
    25 Stankovic Dejan

Strikers:
    9 Cruz Julio Ricardo
    10 Adriano
    20 Recoba Alvaro
    32 Vieri Christian

B list (youth players):
    35 Impagnatiello Moreno (goalkeeper)
    39 Fautario Simone (defender)
    40 Giani Nicolas (defender)
    41 Visconti Flavio (defender)
    42 Semenzato Daniele (defender)
    43 Adeshokan Saidi Oluseyi (midfielder)
    44 Laribi Omar (midfielder)
    30 Martins Obafemi (striker)
    45 Bilardo Francesco (striker)
    46 Carboni Yrius Francesco (striker)

===============================
    no ones missing right?

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Porto just sacked their manager. Hopefully this will not give them a mini boost as it sually does.

Fernandez surprised at Porto sacking
    LISBON, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Victor Fernandez, sacked as coach of European champions Porto on Monday, said the decision to fire him had been totally unexpected.
    "The truth is I never imagined I would be sacked," Fernandez told a Spanish radio station. "The good thing was that I didn't suffer because it all happened so suddenly.
    "I played a game that had two very different sides to it, when I started it we were leaders and when it ended I was fired.
    "Porto are a team in the process of reconstruction, the squad has been completely renewed. Given all of that it seemed a really strange and surprising decision."
    The Spaniard signed a two-year contract with Porto in August after European Cup-winning coach Jose Mourinho's replacement Liugi Del Neri was sacked two months into the job.
    Fernandez steered Porto to victory in December's World Club Cup final against South American champions Once Caldas and into the first knockout stage of the Champions League but the team's domestic form has been poor.
    Porto have won only one of their last five home league matches and lost 3-1 to Braga on Sunday. They dropped to third in the table, two points behind leaders Braga.
    "Admittedly we played badly on Sunday, but from there to being sacked is a very big step and I was taken aback by the decision," Fernandez said.
    Porto chairman Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa has declined to name any prospective replacements for Fernandez, but said he had been contacted by or was in contact with representatives for several noted coaches.
    "At the appropriate time we will decide and when we have decided we will tell you," Pinto da Costa said on SIC TV.
    Vitoria Setubal coach Jose Couceiro has been touted as the likely choice by Portuguese state television and radio.
    Couceiro said he had not been contacted by Porto but would be interested in the job if it was offered.
    "No Portuguese coach would refuse an offer from a team as big as Porto," he said.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Jimmy
    Dino Marino is missing. Very weird.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    That's what I thought when I first saw the list too. Maye he has suffered a chronic injury? Or perhaps the Primavera is reliant on him for success and thus they don't want Marino to get distracted? Quite bull$hit though since there are other Primavera players on the list. Or maybe, Mancini just has no clue who are the beauties & the beasts in the Primavera and he just picked them randomly.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Can you already feel the pressure ?

Porto has bought a lot of Brazilians in the winter , you never know how good they actually are , I really don't know what to expect , but I'm sure that Inter will give us a lot of excitement until the last minute like always.

I was also surprised that Marino isn't in , but I think Martins will be the only one who plays from the B list anyway.

Forza magica Inter !

Syria

10 years of FIF
    yeh not much chat has been around in this topic. Theyve been a team with alot of changes, hopefully that conitnues.

I just saw this monhts schedule and ESPN will show this game! but a day late, so i wont go to inter.it or this forum for a day

i cant stop anticipating this match, i think about it every day. Most people dont but the reason i do, is cause i hate porto just as much as i do Milan. Ive always hated them (always hated Deco) and when they got through to the round i was pissed, but now t hat we face them i cant wait to kick their asses in portugal infront of their own stupid fans

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

I'm not too excited for this match because I really think Inter is going to easily win and also the first leg for me will be overshadowed by the big milan derby which will be the sunday after the match.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

I will see this game live but with biased epl commentators and biased epl panelist in the studio at halft time. So basically everything Inter does will be crtisised.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurifan_1989
    I'm not too excited for this match because I really think Inter is going to easily win and also the first leg for me will be overshadowed by the big milan derby which will be the sunday after the match.
    I'm sure I will feel the pressure of the derby right after the match against Porto , you don't have to think about the derby to feel it.
    By the way , can you name the last time Inter won easily ? I think that was in the 14th week against Messina , I just know we will make our own lives tough against Porto.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier Zanetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurifan_1989
    I'm sure I will feel the pressure of the derby right after the match against Porto , you don't have to think about the derby to feel it.
    By the way , can you name the last time Inter won easily ? I think that was in the 14th week against Messina , I just know we will make our own lives tough against Porto.
    from what i remember, whenever we play on a ground with a good surface our play gets much better. (5-1 mestalla )

but at Atalanta in icy conditions we were terrible. Hopefully at porto a good pitch will allow us to play a good away game and score some good goals, cause are guys arent the toughest, there more about nice flowing play.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I am going to Inter - Porto. I AM GOING TO INTER - PORTO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! Me and my dad are going to Milan for 2 days to spend my birthday there - but the main reason is of course, the match!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    You lucky guy! Wow, I'm sure it will be awesome, a night game, with a full stadium.

I hope you're bringing your camera!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

good stuff man, have fun!
    I also had the chance to go but beeing greedy I chose rather to see the QF instead
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    I am going to Inter - Porto. I AM GOING TO INTER - PORTO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! Me and my dad are going to Milan for 2 days to spend my birthday there - but the main reason is of course, the match!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Fabio
    Fabio, do u want us to come and celerbrate ur birthday with u man ohh that will be fun,, I mean ur birthday for sure and also the game

Wish u will get ur present in the score sheet too Vieri dedictate the goal to Fabio and Forza Inter guys he can mention Ray too

Happy Birthdya in advance, I had mine yesterday,, and today they won for me,, hopefully they do it on Saturday too, I dont mind more presents,, CL is fine with me for this year

Ciao,

Syria

10 years of FIF
    great job fabio! you called it a while ago, im happy for ya. bring back pics.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Well Ray, I wish all of you could come to celebrate my birthday in the San Siro with me!*

I will take lots of pictures dont worry and Francesco could you try going on MSN a bit more - I need to ask some questions?

Fabio

*You must pay for flights, tickets and accomodation!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Yes we sacked the italian Del Loser and then the spanish Fernaboz, now with a portuguese coach we finally look set to be back on track, but what can you expect from a team with so many new faces and young raw talent like Diego,Quaresma,etc.. We sold many key players like Deco and Mendes witch our midfield misses on defence we really only feel the Carvalho loss, as Ferreira has been replaced well by greek Jet22.

Cant wait for this match and of course see my F.C Porto trough, it wont be easy if Adriano is in form and us chasing that speedy Martins but we can handle Vieri and the rest like Veron our fear is Adriano and Martins pace as Nuno Valente is finally back from a 6 month injury and Ricardo Costa has finally grabed under new coach José Couceiro a starting spot was also recently called up for the first time to our main national team, this youngster is pure class, same for the greek Gourikas and we always will have the old man Jorge Costa back there, tons of experience but might be the weak link as Inter is very fast and maybe Pedro Emmanuel is better for that spot.

We still have many injuries and a striker problem as Fabiano is the brazilian flop and our boy Helder Postiga cant even net one tough he has done well agaisnt Italian sides last being us in 2003 slaping Lazio 4-1.

We also have Benni McCarthy who does well in european play unlike league and just scored this week for South Africa, we loaned our best to Boavista and that is U21 striker Hugo Almeida we just lately bought from Gremio, Claudio aka Pitbull he might face you..

Edit by Han: Links to other forum is prohibited in Forza Inter.

The english site to that,
    http://www.fcporto-online.com/

I wont put any portuguese ones up as I see this is all english on these boards, Join also us there in chat this is the main FCP-Inter CL thread correct?

I hope for 2 great CL games

Força Porto sempre SD-T 4eva não há melhor que nós!!! Vida Ultra e orgulho português, vence por nós FCP.

\"Nós somos os filhos do Dragão. Unidos para vencer. Ansiosos por fazer, este Porto campeão\"
    Deco-Online,SD-Toronto

F.C.P: Acima de nós só Deus!

Super Dragões de Toronto: «Força do outro lado do oceano» オーランド

2 Taças dos Clubes Campeões Europeus (1986/87, 2003/04)

2 Taças Intercontinental (1987/88, 2003/2004)

1 Supertaça Europeia (1986/87)

1 Taça UEFA (2002/03)

19 Campeonatos Nacionais da 1ª Divisão/SuperLiga

4 Campeonatos de Portugal (21/22; 24/25;31/32;36/37)

1 Campeonato da 1ª Liga (34/35)

12 Taças de Portugal

14 Supertaças \"Cândido de Oliveira\"

Jimmy
    Welcome Orlando!

Sadly, I have to tell you that we don´t allow images in signatures, so I´ve removed yours.