Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atalanta - Inter (Coppa Italia)

Syria

10 years of FIF

Atalanta - Inter (Coppa Italia)

discuss, if the forum keeps it ere

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Players should definately rest: JZ,Cordoba,Favalli,Cambiasso,Vieri.(at least on the bench)

Players should play: Davids,Coco,Kily,Recoba,Burdisso,ZeMaria
    Ziyad Of Boston

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    After the disappointing draws, I'm not exactly expecting much from this game. Call it 'giving up' or 'pessisimism', but I don't see the point in continuing the season this way. The only thing I want is for Inter to at least qualify for the UEFA Cup.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

You're kidding me right?

So you don't want to try and win the Coppa Italia(at least it's a trophy), so you don't want to try and win the Champions League, so you don't want to try and finish in the top 4?

Give me a break!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    It would be absolutely outrageous if we can't win this match. I am not too sure about Atalanta's priority this season but it has to be avoiding relegation. Hence, Atalanta should be resting some players for a competition they have absolutely no hope on. Atalanta has also just sell their highest profile player, Albertini, to Barcelona. Need I mention as well that Atalanta is the bottom team in Serie A right now? With the massive squad depth that we have, this match is definitely a given win. But then, we are Inter.

Handyo

No need to understimate them though. They knocked out Juventus. I´d also like to hesitate the importance of away goals.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

If Mancini doesn't start Burdisso then Facchetti should strangle him with this 'celesti' scarf. This guy is potentially better than dumb-greedy Materazzi and Miha. Give the guy a chance damn it, i'm getting sick of this situation. Materazzi opens his mouth and suddenly he is starting, yeah, nice example to set.

Coco should play the 90 minutes along with Kily and ZeMaria. If the starting group is uninspiring, it's time to give the chance to other.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    ATALANTA V INTER: 19 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
    Wednesday, 26 January 2005 15:52:14
    APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named a 19-man squad for Thursday evening's Coppa Italia TIM quarter-final first leg away to Atalanta:

Goalkeepers: 12 Alberto Fontana, 15 Fabian Carini

Defenders: 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 24 Carlos Alberto Gamarra, 77 Francesco Coco

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 8 Edgar Davids, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 17 Nicola Beati, 18 Cristian Kily González, 21 Giorgos Karagounis

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

Judging from the squad, it looks like Mancini is taking this competition pretty seriously. Cordoba, Materazzi, Cambiasso and Stankovic are not there. But it's not enough to judge just from the squad. Let's see the line-up.

Handyo

Toldo is not there either. Will Carini play now to make it up to him? Or is that whole thing already gone with the wind?

My lineup:

Carini

J. Zanetti - Burdisso - Gamarra - Coco

Andy VDM - Veron - Davids - Kily

Martins - Recoba

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Alex I think Mancini will use Mihajlovic instead of Gamarra and Ze Maria instead of Capitano!

But I can't wait to hopefully see Gamarra and Kily back in action!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

nowing that Mancio dosent keep his words He would probertly use Fontana.

Fontana
    Ze Maria, Burdisso, Mihaj, Coco
    AVM, Davids, Veron, Kily/Emre
    Martins, Recoba

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cambi

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    nowing that Mancio dosent keep his words He would probertly use Fontana.

Fontana
    Ze Maria, Burdisso, Mihaj, Coco
    AVM, Davids, Veron, Kily/Emre
    Martins, Recoba
    Hello dear Adriano:
    Before the match against bolognia (coppa Italia, 1st leg) I remember that Mancio said that he will use Carini in one of the 1st or 2nd leg's match against bolognia. He didn't use Carini in none of them from the start but he played arround 45 minutes when Toldo sent off, in the 1st match (He even saved a penalty ), Now I think that Mancio kept his words. Of course I think that Mancio MUST give Carini more chances as he is our future not Fontana. This season is probably Fontana's last season at Inter. In fact I think that Carini and Fontana are in the same technical level, just Fontana has some more experience while Carini has a lot more potential.
    Maybe there's a problem that why Mancio doesn't use Carini more.
    Any way Forza INTER

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cambi

I hope to see the following players from the start:

Carini
    Ze-M Burdisso Mihailovic Coco
    Karag Veron Davids Kily
    Recoba Cruz

I think that it's not bad to rest Martins.
    Mancio should include Veron, Kily, Burdisso and Coco in his UPS as we need them all badly.
    I think that this match is Cruz final match as a neruzzarri and this is even possible for Davids. I don't mind to sell Davids for the sake of a world class defender.
    FORZA RAGGAZI

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cambi

It's even a good time to give Gamara a chance after a long time.
    Also VDM can play some minutes as he is one of our most inconsistant players.

I hope your right hetfield.....

I dug into the archives on inter.it for you and found out that Carini made his debut vs. Messina in Serie A.

Inter - Messina 5-0

4' Toldo is sent off for bringing down Yanagisawa just outside the box as the Japanese striker races onto a through ball.

5' Fabian Carini comes on to make his debut for the Nerazzurri. Van der Meyde comes off.

Fontana played both matches vs. Bologna in Coppa Italia. Hence Mancini didn´t keep his word about playing Carini in at least one of these matches. There could be other reason as to why this happened that we don´t know of but there´s no doubt it looks suspicious to me.

Good thing about it is that Carini has probably not seen these declarations because he doesn´t own a computer.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Toldo is not there either. Will Carini play now to make it up to him? Or is that whole thing already gone with the wind?

My lineup:

Carini

J. Zanetti - Burdisso - Gamarra - Coco

Andy VDM - Veron - Davids - Kily

Martins - Recoba
    I like this! Let's hope they'll be the starting 11.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

How is Edgar Davids?
    "He's well and he has trained with us over the past few days. He is ready to play and he's perfectly capable of playing as a second central midfielder. At the beginning he was playing in the middle with Veron, but I think we're unlikely to see the same situation. He can play in that role with other midfielders like Stankovic or Cambiasso. But he can also play on the left wing, like he did in Bremen."

Will Kily González be on from the first minute tomorrow?
    "I don't know whether he will be on from the start, but he definitely won't play ninety minutes because he still doesn't have a full match in his legs."

How's Julio Cruz?
    "He's fine. He's ready to play and he should play."

Could tomorrow's match be Julio Cruz' last for Inter?
    "No, I don't think so. Cruz is an important player for us. Unfortunately he hasn't played much because he hasn't had many chances. He's a player that needs to play to find his best physical condition. I think he will be very useful for us over the next five months."

Will Zé Maria and Francesco Coco stay?
    "They could stay. It's a strange situation for Coco. He clearly needs to play because he has been out for a long time and he has had an injury. But I think he can be useful."

Edgar Davids hasn't been used that much...
    " Davids has always behaved in a loyal way. He has had a few problems in the last month and a half, but he has never behaved unfairly with me or the team. Does he also need our care and attention? We all need a bit of love now and again."

Well now we for sure now that we wont play Veron and Davids at the same time again. Cruz look like a starter. Kily is only playing 45 min in this game.

I don't like his comment on Coco, it sounds a lot like he could be leaving us, and the same goes for Ze Maria.

This may be our line up

Fontana
    Ze Maria-Mihaj-Burdisso-Coco
    Karagounis-Davids-Emre-Kily
    Cruz-Recoba

Wau no first team players amacing....
    I daubt Gammara are gonna start and the same goes for Veron. they may get the second half.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, the comment of Coco was kinda strange. I haven't heard of any fitness problems with him since his return, so I don't why he's not starting. Maybe Mancio has a grudge against him or something?

Carini
    Ze Maria Sinisa Burdisso Coco
    VDM Veron Davids Kily
    Oba Recoba

Nice to see Beati called up. Also, I believe Atalanta have some good, young players so it should be a good test.

Forza Inter!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Well finally the forum is back up and running again

Gismo i like ur line-up, i too hope to see that. But from Mancini im expecting.

Fontana

Ze Maria-Burdisso-Mihajlovic-Coco

Van der Meyde-C.Zanetti-Veron-Emre

Cruz-Martins

but i really hope we get your line-up it would be fantastic to try a flat 4-4-2 with two real pure wingers and 2 world class centre midfield players.

Forza Inter
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."