Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palermo - Inter

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Palermo - Inter

Ok, I know it's early and that we're playing Atalanta tonight, but I'm just so nervous and worried about this game, I can't wait any longer to talk about it.

This game couldn't come in a worst moment. In my opinion, it's one of the most difficult away games of the season. Palermo has shown their strenght throughout the season, starting at the S Siro on Day 2 of Serie A with a great display against us.

We just come from a game we should have won, an easy game against Chievo. And this is what lies ahead of us:

30-Jan-05 PALERMO vs INTER
    02-Feb-05 INTER vs ATALANTA
    06-Feb-05 PARMA vs INTER
    13-Feb-05 INTER vs ROMA
    20-Feb-05 UDINESE vs INTER
    23-Feb-05 PORTO vs INTER
    27-Feb-05 INTER vs MILAN

These are very hard games. I'm very worried about it, I think that if we lose in Palermo, our confidence will drop dramatically.

After these games, we could either be strongly in 3rd place, or we could be struggling in the middle of the freakin table!

I don't want to have to rely on the usual "final sprint" to get into the CL this year. I want us to get an easy 3rd place.

Ok, we'll talk line-ups after the Atalanta game.

Forza ragazzi, I believe in you.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i dunno mate, any game with inter is nervous game. Lately im not getting disappointed with our draws, cause ive come to accept that our play (not players) is on the same level as Chievo, Palermo, Udinese etc...

either way, im sick of 2 dm's. im sick of not starting players who are in form.

In with Martins out with Cruz and Recoba. Chino should never start a game cause when he does his awful but its diff as a sub, so i want oba.

Also, Whos Toldo??

Carini got given his chance 3 times in different games, and wasnt he jsut superb in all?

I believe we are starting to miss adriano, even when he plays bad its still better then other players, cause at least he can always make great runs for you. I hope Mancini can get tough on players.

Drop Favalli already.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah it's a tough stretch. Especially this upcoming clash with Palermo. An amazing stat about them: they've allowed just 3 goals, (in 8 games) at home this year, which by my count is best in Serie A! Still I have faith we can pull a W out of this one and hopefully get on a roll before the Derby with the Devil.

I imagine Re di Milano won't be ready for this one? If he isn't I hope Mancio gives Bobo and Oba a chance and forget about the trident. They played really well together last year, and with both players on form, it could bode well for success. Coco, Burdisso and Emre also deserve to be out there, effectively replacing the awful play of Favalli, Matrix and CZ.

Forza Inter

What I want:

Carini
    JZ Cordoba Burdisso Coco
    Deki Cambi Emre Kily
    Oba Adriano

What is expected:

Toldo
    JZ Cordoba Miha Favalli
    Deki Cambi Veron Davids
    Bobo Adriano

Let's hope Kily is ready to start. We need him..

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Ok, let's be realist please. This is an away game, a very difficult one.

So forget about Recoba + 2 strikers, it's not gonna happen.

Also 2 CM are going to play, full stop. You might not like it but it's gonna be like that.

I think Cambiasso+CZ, with a slim chance of Davids or Emre playing instead of CZ. But very slim.

Carini starting? No way, Toldo is number 1, this is something that is not going to change until June, unless he underperforms badly.

My line-up:

Toldo

J Zanetti Cordoba Materazzi Coco

Ze Maria Cambiasso Davids Stankovic

Vieri Martins
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I like your line-up Frisko, I thought you'd put CZ instead of Davids, I think CZ has to play in this kind of tough away games. But knowing Mancini's mentality, he might put Cambi in his old role and put Veron -- Stan and Emre in front of them.

I predict:

Toldo
    JZ -- Cordoba -- Materazzi -- Favalli
    ----------Camibasso-------------
    Veron ------ Stan --------Emre
    Martins -------------------- Vieri

I prefer:

Toldo
    JZ -- Cordoba -- Burdisso -- Coco
    ZM -- CZ ---- Cambiasso ----- Kily
    Recoba --------------- Vieri

Emre for Kily with half an hour left and Martins for Recoba if we don't score with half an hour left.

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

Hamed Why ZM? and where is Stank?
    I doubt Mancio will play Cordoba- Burdisso, they didnt play much together and both are short for crosses and i still prefer cordoba- Miha, also I dont know if we should play Fava or Coco here, Palermo never lost to Milan or Juve or Roma in the first half of the season,, lets nail them down boys.

no its not gonna be an easy game or a picnic, but if our players play up to their reputation, i dont see why we cant win this game comfortably.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Isn't Burdisso taller then Miha? So why would he have a bigger problem with crosses then Miha?
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Line-ups from Yahoo Sports:

Palermo (4-3-2-1):

99 Guardalben

2 Zaccardo 21 Biava 43 Barzagli 11 Grosso

8 Barone 5 Corini 22 Mutarelli

90 Brienza 14 Possanzini

9 Toni

Inter (4-4-2):

1 Toldo

4 J.Zanetti 2 Cordoba 23 Materazzi 16 Favalli

14 Veron 6 C.Zanetti 19 Cambiasso 25 Stankovic

32 Vieri 30 Martins

I think it's VERY likely that these will be the 2 line-ups.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

No Actualy not cause CZ and Matrix is suspended for this game. So replace Matrix with Mihaj and C.Zanetti with either Emre or Davids.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

No they are only on a caution not suspended bro
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

As for the match i gotta be honest and i fear we could lose our first game of the season here if we dont play well, cause Palermo are a really good side with a fanatic support. Believe me this will be one heck of a game and i hope we can win this one.

my line-up would be:

Toldo
    ------
    Javier Zanetti-Cordoba-Burdisso-Coco

Veron-Davids-Cambiasso-Stankovic

Vieri-Martins

But as we all expect, we will probably see Favalli instead of Coco, C.Zanetti instead of Davids and Materazzi instead of Burdisso.
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

Oh My mistake I thought they where suspended bad memory.

Maybe it was a wish from my side, so I didn't have to see them on the pitch Hope Mancio uses Burdisso and Emre instead. But that is very unlikely. Actualy I'm sure he will use his boddy Mihaj.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    his body Mihaj.
    LOL I didnt knew Mancini called Mihajlovic his body, woow maybe there relationship is much more intense then we thought

Yeah i agree i also hope we dont see Materazzi and C.Zanetti.

Oh Yeah, They have a very intimate relationship That's probertly why Mancio uses him all the time, Cause he dosen't wont Mihaj to brake up with him.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think it's safe to say Il Chino won't be starting (for awhile anyways) after his reported awful performance against Atalanta. I know he'll never accept the super-sub role but he's just way too inconsistent for this team.... a team that needs wins.

I also desperately want Matrix out of the starting eleven. The guy is awful beyond words. Burdisso needs to be given more of a chance, Coppa Italia alone isn't cutting it.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Materazzi shouldn't play, the guy is so dumb that he committs mistakes in dangerous areas and his long balls are horrendous. Burdisso is our future, let's use him for the love of god. I am becoming so frustratred with that.

Coco should play, he has enough match-play to start this one. In that case, I'd use Stan over at LW instead of Kily to assist Coco. Kily can come in at game's end depending on the result.

We can use Recoba's shots in this one. Most probably spaces will be scarce so penetration won't be effective. Veron might actaully be helpful and i totally like the idea of him playing at RW. Martins is always excellent off the bench, so he could come in for either Vieri or most likely Recoba.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Martins is great at any time of the game, wether its at the 60th minute or 0 minute.

But Recoba is the player who cant start, i dont know why no one agrees with me, but him starting is fkn terrible. His play is just bad,when he comes on later he looks like his running for a cuase (which he always should)

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    As usual, I would want to say tht I dun wanna see both C.Zanetti and Cambiasso. I would like to see Emre there, along with Cambiasso.

I think it's better to use Coco as well.

Kily - ?? We could use him, if he really can play. But it could be a bad move as well, coz he couldn't play more against Atalanta.

I would want Martins -- Vieri upfront.

What about Burdisso in the middle? Will that make Matrix mad and would he say he want to leave Inter again? Well, in that case, kick him out of the team.

(kidding, but yeah, my feelings for Matrix is not the same anymore)

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Re: Palermo - Inter

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Ok, I know it's early and that we're playing Atalanta tonight, but I'm just so nervous and worried about this game, I can't wait any longer to talk about it.

This game couldn't come in a worst moment. In my opinion, it's one of the most difficult away games of the season. Palermo has shown their strenght throughout the season, starting at the S Siro on Day 2 of Serie A with a great display against us.

We just come from a game we should have won, an easy game against Chievo. And this is what lies ahead of us:

30-Jan-05 PALERMO vs INTER
    02-Feb-05 INTER vs ATALANTA
    06-Feb-05 PARMA vs INTER
    13-Feb-05 INTER vs ROMA
    20-Feb-05 UDINESE vs INTER
    23-Feb-05 PORTO vs INTER
    27-Feb-05 INTER vs MILAN

These are very hard games. I'm very worried about it, I think that if we lose in Palermo, our confidence will drop dramatically.

After these games, we could either be strongly in 3rd place, or we could be struggling in the middle of the freakin table!

I don't want to have to rely on the usual "final sprint" to get into the CL this year. I want us to get an easy 3rd place.

Ok, we'll talk line-ups after the Atalanta game.

Forza ragazzi, I believe in you.
    Parma and Atalanta are in the relegation zone so I think its still relatively easy games till we meet roma. They are hard games but not as hard as roma and udinese. The crucial games will be roma and udinese.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com