Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: Blackmore

  1. #1
    Vibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 11
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanked
    877 times

    Serbia

    Blackmore

    Am I the only one having trouble understanding this poster?Just can't decode it...

    No offence Blackmore

  2. #2
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    LOLLLL

    oh this is gon be good.


  3. #3
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,934
    Thanked
    20,801 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF


    hal got wet now, waiting for responce from blacky
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  4. #4
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    haha yep...I hit him up on gmail and told him we needed him here urgently. im at work...and i could use some entertaining. all the pre leading banter done. Spi vs Black...round 1. Fight!


  5. #5
    Vibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 11
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanked
    877 times

    Serbia

    He is going to crucify me isn't he?

    I'll maybe find out what is AUW?At first I just thought he was howling at the moon like a dog but now I think it has some deeper meaning...

  6. #6
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    Oprostite, Izvinite Ne razumem Ne znam srpski Govorite engleski? Da li neko govori engleski?

    do you understand that......??


    It is said that it is possible for a Spanish-speaker to ask a Portuguese speaker for directions in Spanish and be fully understood. However, when the Portuguese speaker replies in Portuguese, the Spanish speaker may be completely lost. This may seem somewhat baffling, but the reason is that the two Romance languages share a degree of mutual intelligibility, but it is not absolute.

    Mutual intelligibility is defined by Wikipedia as "a relationship between languages in which speakers of different but related languages can readily understand each other without intentional study or extraordinary effort." There are levels of mutual intelligibility ranging from zero to 100%. The only language with which English enjoys a relatively high level of mutual intelligibility is Lowland Scots, which is considered to be a separate language by some linguists and merely a dialect of English by others. This is not to be confused with Scottish Gaelic, a Celtic language which is apparently fairly mutually intelligible with Irish Gaelic. There is extremely low mutual intelligibility between English and Scottish Gaelic.

    Consequently, The Lowland Scots sentence "D'ye see yon hoose ower yonder" (Do you see that house off in the distance) would be relatively intelligible to an English speaker with no previous exposure to Lowland Scots.

    But the Scottish Gaelic sentence "Dč an t-ainm a tha ort?" (What is your name?) would probably mean absolutely nothing to an English speaker with no previous exposure to Scottish Gaelic.

    Some language sets enjoy a very high degree of mutual intelligibility. Norwegian and Swedish are, to a large degree, mutually intelligible, as are Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian. Conversely, sometimes different dialects of a particular language will lack a significant degree of mutual intelligibility.

    In Mutual Intelligibility in the Romance Languages, Robert Lindsay writes:
    What is interesting is that everyone accepts that Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are separate languages, despite 54% intelligibility for Spanish and Portuguese and even higher for Spanish and Italian.

    However, in the cases of Austrian/Bavarian, Swabian (spoken around Stuttgart) and Mainfränkisch(Moselle Franconian, close to Luxembourgeois), these three languages are only 40% intelligible with Standard German. Their status as separate languages has infuriated lots of folks who just consider them to be dialects of German, or "cheap slangs" of some type or other. Yet they have a better case for being separate languages than Spanish, Portuguese and Italian do.
    Mutual intelligibility can vary in degree with respect to the written and spoken varieties of languages. In many cases, written forms are more mutually intelligible than spoken forms as speakers of one language can recognize similar features more readily in spellings than in pronunciations. A simple example is English and Afrikaans. "My pen is in my hand." could be a sentence in English or Afrikaans, with an identical meaning and read correctly by monolingual speakers of both. However, the words are pronounced differently, which could inhibit comprehension. Furthermore, mutual intelligibility may not be equal on both sides. It is apparently easier for a Dutch speaker to understand Afrikaans than vice versa and statistically easier for a Portuguese speaker to understand Spanish than the other way around.

    This brings up the point of the disparity between mutual intelligibility and lexical similarity (similarity of related words between languages). Differences in pronunciation and in the related forms themselves are largely responsible for this. An example is the Spanish word "tiempo," which is lexically similar to the French word "temps." Both mean "time" or "weather." Yet the pronunciations are so different that this could easily prevent comprehension. Lindsay writes:
    We also learn, here, that no one can understand French except the French. Spanish, Portuguese, Italians, Romanians, no one can understand the damned French. This makes sense to me. I can’t understand a word of the local French-speaking tourists, and I had a semester of French. The always talk like they are holding their noses. This is interesting in light of the fact that Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian have 89%, 75%, 75%, and 75% lexical similarity with French. But all those similar words aren’t worth a hill of beans when it comes to understanding a Frenchman." [no offense, of course, is meant towards the French!]
    Mutual intelligibility may also decrease over time. English is very closely related to Frisian, spoken in Friesland in the Netherlands, and at one point, Old English and Old Frisian were thought to be mutually intelligible. Over the centuries, English and Frisian maintained some level of mutual intelligibility, giving rise to the sentence "Butter, bread, and green cheese is good English and good Fries," which is pronounced roughly the same and has the same meaning in both languages (in Frisian, it is "Būter, brea, en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk"). Yet the two languages have drifted apart, with English upholding its 1000-year-old Norman French influence, and Frisian being influenced heavily by Dutch, to the extent that monolingual Frisian and English speakers probably could not understand each other today.

    Lindsay addresses the subject: "Frisian and English have 61% lexical similarity, but in the Frisian video (featured in a prior post)...I could not make out a single word in five minutes. It appears that 60% lexical similarity and $1.89 will get you a Slurpee at a 7-11, but little in the way of understanding another language."

    There is another pitfall with lexical similarity: false cognates. "Ano" exists in both Portuguese and Spanish, but while it means "year" in Portuguese, it means "anus" in Spanish. Similarly, a Spanish-speaking woman may be "embarazada," and an English-speaking woman may be "embarrassed." However, "embarazada" does not mean "embarrassed," but "pregnant."

    Curiously, as some dialects of languages are more mutually intelligible than others (for example, some dialects of German and Dutch are more mutually intelligible than Standard German and Standard Dutch), it is thought that, by tracing a chain of mutually intelligible dialects, a "dialect continuum" may be established. In Europe, for example, Continental West Germanic, North Germanic, North Slavic, South Slavic, and Romance dialect continua are said to exist (see Wikipedia about "dialect continuum").

    naah shit your right....i dont even understand myself.

    but hey thanx for naming a thread after me, i guess it was just about time too

    and as for these cats asking for us to be their court jesters, fuck em' spibbly...
    thats not how i roll!

    imma take this to a new level, come follow me on a journey.....run the marathon with me(but make sure you keep up)
    Last edited by blackmore; 20 Jan 11 at 06:10.
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  7. #7
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    anti-climax?


  8. #8
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,934
    Thanked
    20,801 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    anti-climax?


    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  9. #9
    Vibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 11
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanked
    877 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmore View Post
    [SIZE=2]
    There is another pitfall with lexical similarity: false cognates. "Ano" exists in both Portuguese and Spanish, but while it means "year" in Portuguese, it means "anus" in Spanish. Similarly, a Spanish-speaking woman may be "embarazada," and an English-speaking woman may be "embarrassed." However, "embarazada" does not mean "embarrassed," but "pregnant."
    Does this actually mean that a pregnant woman should be embarrassed?Does the sole act of pregnancy point to the fact she has been intimate with a man therefore no longer unstained and pure?Deep shit...

  10. #10
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    haha yep...I hit him up on gmail and told him we needed him here urgently. im at work...and i could use some entertaining. all the pre leading banter done. Spi vs Black...round 1. Fight!
    tsk tks hal...for the umpteenth time, hes not spi remember!

    anyway lemme put this to bed stra8 away.

    no need to waste time on this cause im too busy atm....
    Last edited by blackmore; 20 Jan 11 at 01:23.
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  11. #11
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    Oprostite, Izvinite Ne razumem Ne znam srpski Govorite engleski? Da li neko govori engleski?
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  12. #12
    Vibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 11
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanked
    877 times

    Serbia

    Don't you wish to be understood?

    Isn't that the essence of every conscious mind?

    Are you trying to make yourself a part of something?With auw's and spitting ho's...

    What is your desire?

  13. #13
    pazzainteramala's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Jul 08
    Posts
    4,320
    Thanked
    35 times
    Fav. Player
    ALL inter squad

    Italy

    lmfao
    INTER CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!WE WON THE TREBLE..GRAZIE MOURINHO. NON MOLLARE MAI..."se tringo la mano di un milanista mi lo lavo. se stringo la mano di un juventino mi lo canto"
    milan0 inter 4 inter 2 milan 0 milan+juve=merda
    PAZZA INTER AMALA

  14. #14
    8|G 8055 blackmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 04
    Posts
    14,622
    Thanked
    2,393 times
    Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by VibeTribe View Post
    Don't you wish to be understood?

    Isn't that the essence of every conscious mind?

    Are you trying to make yourself a part of something?With auw's and spitting ho's...

    What is your desire?
    Somethings just go beyond logical rationale. Its hard to try and fathom the unexplainable, so quite rightly should probably just be left as it is. Now as for myself....i didnt choose the AUW. The AUW quite rightly chose me.... and a select few others. It stretches beyond desires or something that impels the attainment of something one seeks.

    Ah but alas it has become more clear....It seems you wish to seek the AUW.

    ya see there will always be the hours of darkness, strapped sittin back in pain and harness
    this aint a game im honest, i refrain ta brotherly love can turn in vain like Romulas
    the life we have is all we got the time we have has limits
    the fightin and peace we create may never decrease, its endless
    it'd be sad if we people couldnt live in harmony instead of always ponderin death
    how could we have made it far, without droppin bombs on the next
    and those who're impressed, and seek to test, who simple it is ta put a hole in ya chest
    they can contest and leave the rest to let rest, and hopefully live life in peace
    cuz its sad how in this life people are always hangin they heads down until they deceased......

    ok shit im done....lets move this thread to the comedy section
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

    E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.



    BRING BACK LELE

  15. #15
    il Biscione 84's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,938
    Thanked
    39 times
    Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

    Bahrain

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VibeTribe View Post
    Don't you wish to be understood?

    Isn't that the essence of every conscious mind?

    Are you trying to make yourself a part of something?With auw's and spitting ho's...

    What is your desire?
    Dude don't get me wrong but the way you introduced yourself here with the avatar you have make me think of a drag queen as soon as I see your posts. I am seriously not trying to offend you but it's just the way you came here and ... well is it just me?!
    C'č solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

    Twitter: @inter4arab1908

  16. #16
    La Brujita's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 May 07
    Posts
    2,593
    Thanked
    571 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Saudi Arabia

    42 Forum Supporter
    Oh come on bahar, that's the one and only Alyssa Milano

  17. #17
    il Biscione 84's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,938
    Thanked
    39 times
    Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

    Bahrain

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by La Brujita View Post
    Oh come on bahar, that's the one and only Alyssa Milano
    I didn't mean her never mind lol
    C'č solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

    Twitter: @inter4arab1908

  18. #18
    Vibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 11
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanked
    877 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by interbahar View Post
    Dude don't get me wrong but the way you introduced yourself here with the avatar you have make me think of a drag queen as soon as I see your posts. I am seriously not trying to offend you but it's just the way you came here and ... well is it just me?!
    Human perception of others is based on perception of yourself So in me,you recognize the drag queen in yourself.

    I am not trying to offend you either,it's just psychology 101...

  19. #19
    il Biscione 84's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 05
    Posts
    2,938
    Thanked
    39 times
    Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

    Bahrain

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VibeTribe View Post
    Human perception of others is based on perception of yourself So in me,you recognize the drag queen in yourself.

    I am not trying to offend you either,it's just psychology 101...
    lol I haven't given you any reason to imply this but anyways I didn't mean to say that about you just the virtual you "The personality you're showing in here"

    "Human perception of others is based on perception of yourself", seriously mate? Howmany times did you type the word homosexual in this forum? You even opened a seperate thread to discuss it if I am not mistaken

    Anyways, like I said ... No offense intended
    C'č solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

    Twitter: @inter4arab1908

  20. #20
    Vibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 11
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanked
    877 times

    Serbia

    So reference point for being homosexual:

    *Number of times mentioned

    I'll make sure it goes down in the books

    The truth is that someone who openly talks about it has less chance of being homosexual than someone who considers it taboo.

    "Human perception of others is based on perception of yourself" This is an argument of mine which you can read in any psych book...And you tried to discredit it with "How many times did you mention the word homosexual?" You knew your argument was weak so you backed it up with "You even opened a thread to discuss it" which I never did...It adds weight true or not because truth is relative.

    In this,you saw a chance of establishing yourself.The post you made was not related to the thread,but only to your desire to get under blackmore's umbrella.Maybe even on a subconscious level because desires like this are buried deep by the conscious self.

    And the line "No offense intended"...Why would you say it?It is obviously offensive....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •