Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National Teams' Jerseys

Fav. Player
    R. Quaresma

Turkey

National Teams' Jerseys

I decided to create this topic as soon as i saw the new deal between France and Nike and in my opinion their new jersey is simply perfect. (Despite the fact i dislike France NT)

http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikefoo...football-libre

Collars for the win! (That comes from a Cantona fan, yeah )

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I dislike France's NT too, but I'm still a fan of Germany and Ecuador's uniforms. I will agree with you on the collars though.

I know this one is old, but classic.

I also like this one.

I own a fake version of both that I posted above.

Fav. Player
    Schneckerl

Austria

7 Forum Supporter
    I don't like the new France-shirts. They look not like football-shirts, they look like the shirts from my grandpa at sunday morning...

Fav. Player
    Icardi
    Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    France's shirt is cool...but it's way too tight.

inb4 Black says "no hal tho, right?" and I'll just say "yeah"...while I really did think that post deserved at least 1 Hal.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Perfect time for more from my blog! Follow, I beg you.

When you think of the French national team, you think of Michel Platini in blue with pinstripes, Zinedine Zidane in white with red and blue stripes on his shoulders, and Thierry Henry in blue with a red stripe across his abdomen. No matter what, it has been adidas providing Les Bleus with their kit. Now, Nike will pay the French Football Federation an estimated $435 million over seven years (four times as much as the previous deal with adidas) for that right.

The new shirt, though, is about much more than just fashion. The collared jersey is a classy dark blue, with the only red hidden inside the sleeve. The crest is white instead of the usual gold and lacks any other aesthetic details. A random stylistic choice by Nike? Not so much.

France failed miserably at the 2010 World Cup; a proud footballing nation was reduced to tabloid drama. Nicolas Anelka cursed at coach Raymond Domenech and was sent home, later being banned for 18 games. Patrice Evra was caught on camera having to be restrained during an argument with a coach, and the entire team refused to practice that day. After being unceremoniously dumped from the World Cup without a win, the entire Cup squad was suspended from the team's first friendly by new coach Laurent Blanc .

Blanc has an idea in his head. A picture of how he wants his players to act, play and, now, look. Having played in the flowing system of Barcelona himself, Blanc likes possession football. He's admitted to liking the way Spain keeps the ball and "imposes their style on other teams." In a Nike promotional video, he explained why he likes this style, saying "it's safer when you keep the ball." The new shirt is consistent with his philosophy. Blanc is focusing on the sum of his parts, eliminating the selfish play that derailed France's World Cup. The shirt's simplicity puts the focus not on those who wear it, but on the game itself. And yet, there is a bit of flair hidden under the sleeve, ready to be revealed.

18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    My all-time favorite NT jersey:

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    The new Spain jerseys are ugly as sin IMO...

The blue part is atrocious.

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    The new Spain jerseys are ugly as sin IMO...

The blue part is atrocious.

Thank you for blinding me!

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    You're welcome... I mean sorry

But seriously I would never wear that. The old kit was great though. I've got a couple of those.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Seriously, that blue is ugly. And yes, the old ones were better.

I never understood why Adidas always like playing with their designs by adding unnecessary stripes of another color. They do that with their polo shirts too. This is a good example of how annoying their templates can be.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/p..._434392_xl.jpg

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    I mean I can understand the yellow stripes because it's a color in the Spanish flag, but blue isn't even on the Spanish flag. It's a weird decision to make. I didn't like the blue shorts they used either, would have preferred a solid red, or even a golden color to offset the yellow stripes.

BTW since I'm sure someone here must know - what's the story behind Italia's kit being blue (as opposed to a combination of green/white/red)?

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    I mean I can understand the yellow stripes because it's a color in the Spanish flag, but blue isn't even on the Spanish flag. It's a weird decision to make. I didn't like the blue shorts they used either, would have preferred a solid red, or even a golden color to offset the yellow stripes.

BTW since I'm sure someone here must know - what's the story behind Italia's kit being blue (as opposed to a combination of green/white/red)?

Read about Casa Savoia and you will understand

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

This is from Colombia but they will change the design for a unique one, not shitty template.
    Sudaca Power.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    ^ Looks pretty average. We'll see what the uniform will soon look like.

Switzerland

Les Bleus switch to Nike is a massive failure, IMO...Besides the fact that Adidas was a bit of an institution for them, leave it to Nike to screw the pooch with this...Le Coq on a patch?...Le Coq stands alone on that kit, never on a patch like that...Looks ridiculous to me

French kits are among the premier kits in world football, typically, and I suspect this kit will not last long...They look like generic polo shirts from Walmart with a FFF patch...Rubbish

Look at them, do they look happy?

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Les Bleus switch to Nike is a massive failure, IMO...Besides the fact that Adidas was a bit of an institution for them, leave it to Nike to screw the pooch with this...Le Coq on a patch?...Le Coq stands alone on that kit, never on a patch like that...Looks ridiculous to me

French kits are among the premier kits in world football, typically, and I suspect this kit will not last long...They look like generic polo shirts from Walmart with a FFF patch...Rubbish

Just your opinion. I don't like them either, but the majority of people on here love them...

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Just your opinion. I don't like them either, but the majority of people on here love them...
    Majority of French that I know (Which is quite a few), hate them...And last I checked, not too many French here

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Majority of French that I know (Which is quite a few), hate them...And last I checked, not too many French here
    Do they even know what it represents? Check out what France's uniforms looked like in the first World Cup in 1930:

Even though I don't like them, I think Nike did a great job with the 'throwback' look...

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

They're looks like a rugby team or im crazy? hahaha
    Sudaca Power.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Les Bleus switch to Nike is a massive failure, IMO...Besides the fact that Adidas was a bit of an institution for them, leave it to Nike to screw the pooch with this..
    $435 million over seven years? I'd say it's a huge success.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18