Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanks feature

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippi View Post
    Why does one get thanked for btw? Do i have to say Man you are nice and stuff to get thanked?
    No someone likes your post and feels you deserve thanks for it will thank you. Someone can even thank you just cause he likes you ...
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

It's all Michael's fault.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    I want to say the last time what I think about it, in short.

I see no point of having a "thanks" system, or "reputation" system or anything like that on a message board for that matter that is to make discussions.

The whole "thanks" thing is done for a message boards that have for example people upploading videos, and so people who do something for community get some recognition for it. It also helps in a way, that there ain't 50 posts with "Thanks" written in, but just 50 "thanks hit points" gathered from 50 people.

Also tell me this: If you're new to the boards, and you see "Thank you" button to push it, why would you push it? If you see a good post, do you see a direct connection between "thanks" and that? Thanks is kinda reminding of some favour that someone did for you, not for something that they wrote that you agree with. If I see thanks and I wouldn't know of this topic, I would push it for people like Michael, who do something extra, meaning giving us GdS articles, or for other guys who for example upload some multimedia and all. In fact this is how I treated it at first.

So unless someone comes here, to find that this "thanks" thing is also when you agree with someone, I think 9 out of 10 people will not use it.

I think it's confusing, it's inacurate, and it's for me, not to mention people who are new, or those who don't even check this part of the forum. I don't want to bash the time that Ehsan probably spent on it, it's not my purpose. But I believe he'd rather hear truthfull comments, than just everybody going "Superb, I love it!" but deep down not being exactly the case.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

I see no point of having a "thanks" system, or "reputation" system or anything like that on a message board for that matter that is to make discussions.

The whole "thanks" thing is done for a message boards that have for example people upploading videos, and so people who do something for community get some recognition for it. It also helps in a way, that there ain't 50 posts with "Thanks" written in, but just 50 "thanks hit points" gathered from 50 people.

Also tell me this: If you're new to the boards, and you see "Thank you" button to push it, why would you push it? If you see a good post, do you see a direct connection between "thanks" and that? Thanks is kinda reminding of some favour that someone did for you, not for something that they wrote that you agree with. If I see thanks and I wouldn't know of this topic, I would push it for people like Michael, who do something extra, meaning giving us GdS articles, or for other guys who for example upload some multimedia and all. In fact this is how I treated it at first.

So unless someone comes here, to find that this "thanks" thing is also when you agree with someone, I think 9 out of 10 people will not use it.

I think it's confusing, it's inacurate, and it's for me, not to mention people who are new, or those who don't even check this part of the forum. I don't want to bash the time that Ehsan probably spent on it, it's not my purpose. But I believe he'd rather hear truthfull comments, than just everybody going "Superb, I love it!" but deep down not being exactly the case.

Vito - 11
    Luka - 2

I win!

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Vito - 11
    Luka - 2

I win!

Congrats

ps. Well, back in a day, where there was "rep" system, I was pretty high on the list(if there was a list :]), just so that you won't feel that good
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter
    Agree with Luka there although I still understand the mods point of view.
    C' solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

Twitter: @inter4arab1908

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by La Brujita View Post
    But I'd like to know which posts got the thanks.

I'm not sure if Ehsan can do it but if only the poster got to see people who thanked his post or if it can be included somewhere in the profile.

This will give me an idea why this post was liked and perhaps post more of it. Whether it's pictures or a tactical opinion.
    Couldn't agree more & I like this addition to the forum

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Surely it's simple guys, if you like it then pay attention to it and use it but if you don't then ignore it. It's just a little line in your Avatar box thingy (Name?)
    david mcgoldrick

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

Could someone do a study about the relationship between number of times thanked and view on the system?
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member

In a way, yes. By the end of the year, regular members will have been thanked between 5-20 times and Inter Forever or whatever his new ID is will be thanked about 600 times.

I've been 'thanked' once. Though I have no idea for which post I was thanked and I really don't think I've posted anything worth being thanked over recently anyhow.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by La Bling View Post
    Choppin Onions

That explains it.
    Lol I'm a grown man. I don't care about how popular I am in real life, much less the internets. I just think the system is silly

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    Lol I'm a grown man. I don't care about how popular I am in real life, much less the internets. I just think the system is silly
    How old are you Brad?
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    I am curious if there are any plans to swap the separator thing, like someone suggested before? You know, to get rid of the whole separator, and just leave a note (like a number next to the "thank" button) of how many times someone thanked for that post.

So for instance, if I and Stefan will thank Michael for his post, he will have:

[Thumbsup] Thank (2)

And if you weren't thanked you will have it as default:

[Thumbsup] Thank

Isn't it better to have it that way? That way the "thank" plugin would be less lets say disruptive, it would still keep it's features as it will show how many times you were thanked for a particular post, and most important we would have as it was before: post under post, like it should be.

B), I'd like to ask what's the point of seeing who thanked for the post anyway? I'm really curious about that. It might be fun to see who thanked you if you're a narcisist, but if you're a normal guy you don't give a fuck whether Ziggy Z thanked you, or Lil Boy. I'm sure the guy like Michael doesn't pay attention to it. He's just happy his contribution to the forum is being noted, and he is right to be happy about it, cause he is doing a great job for a long time now.

But seriously, do we really need to see who thanked for particular post?
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    I am curious if there are any plans to swap the separator thing, like someone suggested before? You know, to get rid of the whole separator, and just leave a note (like a number next to the "thank" button) of how many times someone thanked for that post.

[Thumbsup] Thank (2)

[Thumbsup] Thank

Isn't it better to have it that way? That way the "thank" plugin would be less lets say disruptive, it would still keep it's features as it will show how many times you were thanked for a particular post, and most important we would have as it was before: post under post, like it should be.

B), I'd like to ask what's the point of seeing who thanked for the post anyway? I'm really curious about that. It might be fun to see who thanked you if you're a narcisist, but if you're a normal guy you don't give a fuck whether Ziggy Z thanked you, or Lil Boy. I'm sure the guy like Michael doesn't pay attention to it. He's just happy his contribution to the forum is being noted, and he is right to be happy about it, cause he is doing a great job for a long time now.

Yes because now you can see that I did not thank you for that post...

15. Thanks (1): DIN011

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member
    You deserve a thank you.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Ok Vito. So?
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

AUW!
    Ma Milanista Che cazzo canti, Nella tua testa I ricordi sono tanti,
    Ci ricordate, del sei a zero, Ma gia' scordate Serie B e Totonero,
    Percio' ricorda, nella tua testa, quando eri in B tutta la nord faceva festa,
    Tifoso pirla, ma chi minacci? Altro che curva, siete un gruppo di palliaci.

E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda, E Milan merda, Milan, Milan merda.

BRING BACK LELE

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Ok Vito. So?

Just a joke...rough morning??

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Just a joke...rough morning??
    Take it easy Vito. Just because I didn't use smiley, doesn't mean I took it as a shot or something I was just asking calmly man.

Sometimes people make jokes, but still try to make some point, that's why I asked, cause I thought you have one. If it was just a joke, cool.

So my question is still valid.

[Thumbsup] Thank (2)

[Thumbsup] Thank

Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    As far as I know its the way the plugin works. Don't if Ehsan can adjust it. Personally I like it the way it is...
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com