Page 1 of 65 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1291

Thread: Schalke - Inter (13 Apr 11)

  1. #1
    Score Icardi Score Nyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Nov 07
    Posts
    12,012
    Thanked
    7,845 times
    Fav. Player
    Burdisso

    Canada

    16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member

    Schalke - Inter (13 Apr 11)

    Do you believe in magic? You know, never believe it's not so
    Best match thread opener ever.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    01 Aug 07
    Posts
    893
    Thanked
    374 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ, Baggio

    Australia

    0-4

    No question.

  3. Thanks (2): blekdood, Native

  4. #3
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jan 11
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanked
    4,217 times
    Fav. Player
    MM

    Netherlands

    82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Their name says it all, 04. Yes, I believe in superstition.

    If still not 0-4, then 1-5 or 2-6.

  5. #4
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Jun 10
    Posts
    11,019
    Thanked
    8,042 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Saudi Arabia

    8
    If we win 0-3, who will be qualified??
    Forza Inter

  6. #5
    Luka's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jul 06
    Posts
    15,830
    Thanked
    753 times
    Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

    Poland

    It will be impossible to get this done. Even with Nyalls magic.

    Better to not hope for something that will not happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by HuZ View Post
    If we win 0-3, who will be qualified??
    Not us.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

  7. Thanks (1): Batman

  8. #6

    Join Date
    28 Aug 09
    Posts
    4,678
    Thanked
    814 times
    Fav. Player
    Yuto,Don Andres

    Brazil

    Quote Originally Posted by HuZ View Post
    If we win 0-3, who will be qualified??
    They qualify on away goals! We need to score atleast 4 without conceding; or if we concede, then we must match their result in Milan & take it to prolongations or better their result & qualify.

  9. Thanks (1): Batman

  10. #7
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Jun 10
    Posts
    11,019
    Thanked
    8,042 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Saudi Arabia

    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    It will be impossible to get this done. Even with Nyalls magic.

    Better to not hope for something that will not happen.


    Not us.
    It's difficult, but not impossible.. never say impossible..
    Forza Inter

  11. #8
    Maslany's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Sep 09
    Posts
    2,933
    Thanked
    954 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

    Macedonia

    43
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZ View Post
    It's difficult, but not impossible.. never say impossible..
    Ditto!

    I do believe in magic.
    I met Zanetti you suckers!

  12. #9
    Ziyad's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    11,473
    Thanked
    1,844 times

    Bahrain

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    This is the scenario that will go down.First half,magnificent game for us,ending in 0-3.Second half starts and we are tired but excited and over do it to get that 4th and eventually end up conceding 2 goals.Final result 2-3.Thats just the Inter way
    Ziyad Of Boston

  13. #10
    Raul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Dec 08
    Posts
    4,868
    Thanked
    5,356 times
    Fav. Player
    Milito

    Australia

    60 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Do you believe in magic? You know, never believe it's not so

  14. Thanks (1): DIN011

  15. #11
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 08
    Posts
    22,934
    Thanked
    20,723 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Ireland

    13
    Need some Rafa Istanbul magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

  16. #12
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanked
    9,157 times
    Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

    Tokelau

    69
    I posted it before and I'll say it again..

    This is the story line that gives me a hope why we still have a chance.

    We score 1 early goal, then Schalke think, "That's alright. They will still need at least 3 more." and we get a moral boost. Then we score again in about 30th mins. Schalke think, "Oh they are really fired up. OK now defend well." HT: 0-2

    Ralf: Relax, guys. Keep it up, defend well.
    Leo: Keep pushing and we can do it!

    Second half: Bang! 0-3 at 48'. Schalke will be "WTF!? Should we defend or attack!?" They start to play like Bayern after Sneijder scored. They try to attack more, leaving their defend expose, 1 counter attack.. 80th min. a long ball from Sneijder.. Neuer exposed.. One shot one goal! BLAST! 0-4! They try to push for 1 goal, we play negative football, keep the ball at their bay.. FT: Schalke 0-4 Inter. Gelsenkirchen gone mad.. Milano erupted.. Another history is written.

    Well, the story sounds pretty much a dream but a success will only come to who are dare to dream. And, is it what Jose taught us last season?

    Why did I say 0-4?? I know it sounds impossible that we don't concede but I just think that Schalke won't be in any rush to attack until they're down to 2-0. By that time, they will confuse themselves whether to attack or defend the tie. In that situation, most teams will be shattered although I don't know how good Schalke at defending tie, I just assumed they're pretty much like Arsenal?

    I don't believe it could happen and we could get through, but I don't lose hope. People say if you lose hope, then you're pretty much dead.


  17. #13
    arabdinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    102
    Thanked
    14 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    United States

    I think we can score more then 5 goals if you put our hearts in it ... we scored 3 away goals VS Bayern who are more dangerous on the counter attack..... that is if we control the midfield create more chances..... and course we need cover our asses and not let any more goals in...... but something tells me that may be we are better off exiting this round cause the way we played last 2 games teams like Chelsea, Man U, Barcelona, and realmadrid will score 10 on us and have a goalfest that will be more humiliating

  18. #14

    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    7,050
    Thanked
    448 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Nepal

    21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by edwongso View Post
    I posted it before and I'll say it again..

    This is the story line that gives me a hope why we still have a chance.

    We score 1 early goal, then Schalke think, "That's alright. They will still need at least 3 more." and we get a moral boost. Then we score again in about 30th mins. Schalke think, "Oh they are really fired up. OK now defend well." HT: 0-2

    Ralf: Relax, guys. Keep it up, defend well.
    Leo: Keep pushing and we can do it!

    Second half: Bang! 0-3 at 48'. Schalke will be "WTF!? Should we defend or attack!?" They start to play like Bayern after Sneijder scored. They try to attack more, leaving their defend expose, 1 counter attack.. 80th min. a long ball from Sneijder.. Neuer exposed.. One shot one goal! BLAST! 0-4! They try to push for 1 goal, we play negative football, keep the ball at their bay.. FT: Schalke 0-4 Inter. Gelsenkirchen gone mad.. Milano erupted.. Another history is written.

    Well, the story sounds pretty much a dream but a success will only come to who are dare to dream. And, is it what Jose taught us last season?

    Why did I say 0-4?? I know it sounds impossible that we don't concede but I just think that Schalke won't be in any rush to attack until they're down to 2-0. By that time, they will confuse themselves whether to attack or defend the tie. In that situation, most teams will be shattered although I don't know how good Schalke at defending tie, I just assumed they're pretty much like Arsenal?

    I don't believe it could happen and we could get through, but I don't lose hope. People say if you lose hope, then you're pretty much dead.
    And then you will wake up and pinch yourself.

    Oh well, Non Mollare Mai. I am not that hopeful but hell, I will believe even a bit till the last few minutes or seconds. I definitely want to see Cambiasso and Motta to switch their fcking positions, coz at the moment both the players are playing shit. We need more offence and creativity in the midfield and Motta is the answer to that (to help Sneijder).

    The worst part is - we shouldn't concede, unless it is 5-2 again. I do think that our players can score with luck (with the chances they are creating) but I doubt the fragile pathetic goal conceding abilities of ours.


    Forza Inter !!

  19. #15
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanked
    9,157 times
    Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

    Tokelau

    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh View Post
    And then you will wake up and pinch yourself.

    Oh well, Non Mollare Mai. I am not that hopeful but hell, I will believe even a bit till the last few minutes or seconds. I definitely want to see Cambiasso and Motta to switch their fcking positions, coz at the moment both the players are playing shit. We need more offence and creativity in the midfield and Motta is the answer to that (to help Sneijder).

    The worst part is - we shouldn't concede, unless it is 5-2 again. I do think that our players can score with luck (with the chances they are creating) but I doubt the fragile pathetic goal conceding abilities of ours.


    Forza Inter !!
    All we need to do actually is to press them as much as we can. Keep the wave of pressure and they will make mistakes. Lots of it.

    We can still make the impossible possible. I have done it before, not once but twice!

  20. #16
    milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Aug 09
    Posts
    397
    Thanked
    151 times
    Fav. Player
    cambiasso



    only 6 days to wait until our amazing comeback, it'll be 4-0 or maybe 5-1.

    i'd rather play chelsea in the semis but it looks like it will be manchester utd, which will be tough but we're capable of beating them

  21. #17
    achilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 May 08
    Posts
    2,305
    Thanked
    599 times
    Fav. Player
    Sneijder

    South Africa

    Ragnick has come out and admitted exactly what I thought happened, is what happened.

    He says he watched the Milan derby and "at San Siro as I realised Inter couldn't press the midfield and they were leaving lots of space".

    Couldn't press the midfield. Key words: COULDN'T PRESS. Stankovic, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Motta, Zanetti, all exhausted. Wanted to press. Knew they HAVE to press. But couldn't. No legs. Old age, and not enough squad depth to rotate players, w/o sacrificing needed quality.

    "They were vulnerable against fast players like Pato"
    Uhh, yeah. Not only are they in bad condition from playing nonstop football the last 10 months, the players are aging, and have lost a step. That can be said of Stankovic, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Chivu and FOR SURE Cordoba.

    Only reason I bring it up is, we can hope for better results to end this term, but in the longterm this can only be resolved through new signings.

    We will need to bring in younger versions of Stankovic, Chivu, and Maicon, at the very least.

  22. Thanks (1): Raul Duke

  23. #18
    Campione's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Jun 09
    Posts
    1,233
    Thanked
    82 times
    Fav. Player
    FC Internaziona

    Bulgaria

    Non mollare mai!!!

    If we score an early goal anything could happen.
    non mollare mai

  24. #19
    Raul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Dec 08
    Posts
    4,868
    Thanked
    5,356 times
    Fav. Player
    Milito

    Australia

    60 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Campione View Post
    Non mollare mai!!!

    If we score an early goal anything could happen.
    I think we all experienced the "Us scoring early" and "anything happening" the other day. I did't like it

  25. Thanks (1): La Bling

  26. #20

    Join Date
    04 Apr 11
    Posts
    6
    Thanked
    0 times

    Belgium

    Missione Impossible.Inter are bound to concede a goal,how the hell are you capable of scoring 4 goals without conceding none?Missione Impossible.To score 4 goals(lets dream)you need to play super offensive,i cant imagine this Inter not conceding,when was the last time Inter kept a clean sheet?CL is over,so is Scudetto.See ya in Coppa Italia finals(if Inter makes it...).Still nice to see you guys believe in it,but one has to stay realistic...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •