Thread: A te, Giacinto...

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

A te, Giacinto...

Dear Giacinto,

I was not lucky enough to get to know you as a player or personally but from what I hear, see and read about you, you went straight to my heart. This is why, after our shameful game against Schalke, I decided to come mourn on your tomb to apologize. This, is my tribute to you, Campione...

Wednesday, 6 April 2011 - The friend I was spending my holidays with thought he read somewhere that you were buried in Milan, in the Cimitero Monumentale

It is a beautiful and peaceful place, northwest from Milan Centre, a place that would suit you perfectly... We enter and there we find your name, engraved on a stone

The inside of the first building is just powerful, it has beautiful colors, like this royal blue that represents your life... Inter, this club was everything to you and you were everything to the club, no one can forget you

We started looking for you, in this immense cemetery under a hard sun... We passed by really magnificent tombs, one bigger than the other as we were progressing in hope to find you

The heat was so heavy on us that, not finding you, we went back to the entrance and asked an employee where we could find you. He told us that the stone with your name on it, is all that there is of you there. People who have made a difference in Milan deserve to be on that stone, it was logical to see you name on it. But, obviously, you are buried in your birthplace: a small town called Treviglio, in the Provincia di Bergamo. We don't have time to go now but we will come and find you in a couple days, don't worry...

Friday, 8 April 2011 - 28,000+ people live here, the sun is shining and people are laughing and talking... I don't know why but this place reminds me of your qualities: powerful yet calm and brilliant

The sun was hard on us too but we really enjoyed wandering into town, this old town centre with even a square named after a Facchetti family (most common name in the town I would guess)

Without even looking for it, we arrived to the cemetery... Emotions started to flow through my body, nothing that I could control... I stopped by the flower shop and bought one blue flower for you. We entered and, again, started looking for you... Though this cemetery is smaller than the Monumentale in Milan, it still has very nice tombs... We come across some Facchetti ones but none related to you... Then an employee understands we don't know where to look and asks us who we are looking for. When we say "Giacinto Facchetti", he smiles and tells us where we need to go to find you... Finally, after hours of looking for you in Milan, of train ride from Lugano to Treviglio via Milan, the moment has come, we will finally be able to pay our tribute to one the greatest man Inter has known... And there your are, "dov' la statua di bronzo" as the employee says

A beautiful yet simple tomb, just like you. We immediately understand by seeing the several flowers and bouquets decorating it that you were loved by everyone (yes EVERYONE, please do not pay attention to the morons that dare insulting your memory)... We stop and stare at your name... My friend doesn't know because I'm wearing sunglasses but my eyes are filled with tears. But those are not tears of sadness, even though I'm sad you're not amongst us anymore to witness what Inter has accomplished the last 5 years. No, they are tears of gratitude towards you, for everything you brought to football and to Inter, of course, and its tifosi. Giacinto, I so wish I would've had the privilege and honour to know you when you were alive. The best I can do is honour your memory as long as I will be living. This started this April 2011 by coming to you. And I promise I will come back, I will do my best to be there next 4 September for the 5th anniversary of the day you had to leave us... Per Sempre Nel Mio Cuore, Giacinto... Sempre...

TU SEI TUTTO QUELLO CHE UN UOMO DOVREBB'ESSERE...

Ciao Giacinto...

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

This needs no words. Thank you, Nathy. Beautiful isn't even accurate

3. Thanks (1): Nathy

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

Thank you Ana.

On the last picture, you see the blue flower I have given him, on the right and below his portrait, I left my keychain with the Biscione, the only thing Inter I had with me

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Colombia

Just perfect... You're a true nerazurra without any doubt.
    Last edited by Big Willy; 13 Apr 11 at 20:58.
    Sudaca Power.

Fav. Player
    Julione ♥

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Nathy View Post
    Thank you Ana.

On the last picture, you see the blue flower I have given him, on the right and below his portrait, I left my keychain with the Biscione, the only thing Inter I had with me
    And it was more than enough. Very sweet of you Nathy, and even more so to share something so special with us.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Brilliant Nathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

This is really wonderfully beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

I really missed him. He started everything yet he didn't have the chance to witness the result.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

Thank you everyone, I'm glad to see Giacinto is in the memories of everyone.

I really can't explain... I was moved by his death without really knowing him and after that I started watching documentaries and reading about him, to try and understand his aura. But the first thing that really got to me is when I read Ora, sei una stella that tells the story of Inter, through the eyes of a grandfather that tells the story of the club to his grandson who couldn't care less about football.

The book starts with the grandfather crying and never had his 8 year old grandson seen his grandpa cry. Therefore, he asked why he was crying and the old man replied: "Giacinto Facchetti had died, I am going to his funerals". "I'm coming with you grandpa!" said the little boy. And after seeing so many people at the funerals, crying and really being moved by this man's death, the boy asks his grandfather to tell him the story of Inter

But going to Treviglio and seeing his mortuary stone just hit me like... I didn't expect... I don't know but now I feel closer to him and I will continue reading about him (can't wait to have his biography) and talking about him to people who might not know who he was

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    And it was more than enough. Very sweet of you Nathy, and even more so to share something so special with us.
    I don't think a lot of people outside Italy can take the time to go there so it's the least I could do

10. Thanks (1): Ana Banana

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Thanx Nathy. Thinking about Giacinto always brings me close to tears.

Ps.Fuck Moggi and Co for trying to ruin this man's rep when he wasn't even around to defend himself.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

12. Thanks (2): Domenico, Nathy

Fav. Player
    L'Inter mercato

Monaco

I like your writing style Nathy, talking to the great late Cipe in 2nd person. Beautiful and powerful pictures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathy View Post
    [/CENTER]

Ciao Giacinto...
    Just noticed I got the same keychain! (y)
    Last edited by dynasty27; 14 Apr 11 at 21:55.
    #InterMentality

Canada

Awesome

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    I like your writing style Nathy, talking to the great late Cipe in 2nd person. Beautiful and powerful pictures as well.
    Thank you very much. I thought it was the best way to do it, like he was just in front of me