Thread: 'Moggi' Accused Of Corrupting Football

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

'Moggi' Accused Of Corrupting Football

It's from goal.com and this news is everywhere. I hope that this is true. Ofcourse, it's bad if it's true, but still .... we all know how Juventus have been corrupting Serie League.

‘Evil Moggi’ Accused Of Corrupting Football
    2/8/2005 4:18:00 PM

The former Ancona President, Ermanno Pieroni, has launched an astonishing attack at Juve’s Luciano Moggi for allegedly damaging football.
    In an interview published by Italian newspaper ‘La Repubblica’, Ermanno Pieroni has verbally assaulted the Bianconeri’s General Manager, Luciano Moggi.

According to Pieroni, Moggi controls eight Serie A teams and is trying to take control of other clubs apart from having a major say in where players and coaches end up.

“Moggi manages to control, through his men, eight teams of Serie A. In these weeks he’s applying pressure to enter in Roma. He wants to remove the Sports Director Franco Baldini to substitute him with Mariano Fabiani of Messina. He placed at Lazio a federal Sports Director like Gabriele Martino. He also has trusted men at Della Valle’s Fiorentina. Through Gea World he controls two hundred players and coaches. In the past weeks Siena made the best winter transfers. They took six quality players among whom a world class player like Tudor. Gigi Simoni was sacked by Gea.

“He boasted with me that every day he suggested solutions to the Federal President Franco Carraro. He retired De Sisti and Agroppi, two hostile coaches, and the next target is to close Boniek’s mouth as he likes to tell the truth on the Domenica Sportiva (Italian football TV program). He has friends everywhere: one of them is Pierluigi Pairetto, referee designator. Moggi has friends on all levels of the Italian football federation: in fact he never is interrogated, cautioned, punished. He’s a vindictive person; he has contributed to ruin this nice football and to destroy Ermanno Pieroni.”

Pieroni was recently imprisoned for corruption, however the former Perugia Sports Director claims that he only played a small part in a very corrupted football world and directly accused Moggi that it was his fault he ended up in prison as the Bianconero manager wanted revenge for the 1999/2000 season, where Juventus lost the Scudetto to Lazio on the last matchday against Pieroni’s Perugia.

“I lived in a corrupt football world but I only did the 10% of what I saw. If I had to reconstruct who made me pay for this, Moggi is on top of my list.”

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Well moderator , I posted this story inside the italian legue link. But maybe it should stay as a separate thread so that more people would read it.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Well moderator , I posted this story inside the italian legue link. But maybe it should stay as a separate thread so that more people would read it.
    yeah !!

How dare you post this kinda stuff in the Italian League thread ??
    Don't you wannna attract many ppl on this one; so yeah, a new thread is a must.

JuveMoggi

after reading this story iam really start to think that moggi has a say in our management decisions could it be possible that he planted some spies in our management ?

canna transfer

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I agree 2T...Finally an explanation to the Canna transfer
    Ziyad Of Boston

Moggi and Galliani is real waste.

Canna transfer also cause Moggi???????? Nesta transfer cuase Galliani?????????
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    I remember after we got Stankovic he said we would pay for it , and we did.

I can't wait for the moment that bastard(excuse me for my vulgar words but I can't stop myself) goes to jail , the Serie A is clearly corrupted, nobody dares to say anything about the referees , the drugs ,the transfers(Carini for Cannavaro ? Probably Mutu for Cassano[Like Roma can't sign free agents themselves ]).

I'm glad there are people like Zeman and Pieroni who have the guts to speak , but it's a shame that everytime when someone does speak he gets punished , Mancini did too.

I´d like that Mancini story, please.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF

Re: 'Moggi' Accused Of Corrupting Football

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh
    and the next target is to close Boniek’s mouth as he likes to tell the truth on the Domenica Sportiva (Italian football TV program). .”

H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Luis Figo

All I can say is Congradulations to Ermanno Pieroni who had the guts to speak openly against those cheating bastards in Torino. If only more people like him spoke against the bianconeri.
    INTER IREI OGGI E DOMANI

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

And that is why I hate Gobbi with such a big passion
    Ich bin muede.

Quote Originally Posted by Interisti per Sempre
    All I can say is Congradulations to Ermanno Pieroni who had the guts to speak openly against those cheating bastards in Torino. If only more people like him spoke against the bianconeri.
    That is right! are people in Italy scared of it? Could it be links to mafia that cause such silence? That is a very interesting point. I must admit it is disppointing to see that people just remain quiet.
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Seems like the European game is not as rosy as it seems. I just listened to World Football at BBC, where the German referee who was caught match fixing revealed that even someone high up in Uefa is controlling matches.

You can listen at:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/netwo.../worldfootball

Its a 3 part series on football corruption. This is week is part 1, very interesting stuff.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Yeah. I can't remember the referee's name but he claimed that the referees' match assignments for UEFA Champions' League matches were circulated in the underworld days before it was disclosed to the public.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Breaking News Ermanno Pieroni has suddenly gone missing