7 15.91%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S.Frey

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

S.Frey

According to fans here in the forum, Moratti indirectly said "NO" to Frey's return in the interview after the Parma game, saying that he was one of the nice person.

But again, there're many ways to understand an interview. What did he actually mean when he said that ?
    As for me, when I first read that interview, I didn't take it the other way, the way some guys over here took it. Only after coming over here, I got to know that some (or was it a bit more) guys were assuming that Moratti actually meant "NO" to Frey's return.

But I still don't think that Moratti meant that way. I just thought it was a simple interview, with no secret codes.

I am not saying we MUST bring Frey back, but I am just opening this thread as to know how many of you here rates Frey highly (as a goalkeeper) and wants him in Inter for next season OR the vice versa.

Most of the fans here hate him coz of the 0-6 defeat (the way he smiled after conceding each goals) and most importantly the way he left the club. He had said that there were so many players in the club who didn’t care for the good of the club (I wouldn’t mind that) and even said that he wanted to play Champions League.

I wouldn’t blame him for smiling when losing against Milan, coz just smiling doesn’t mean anything. One does smile even in sad times.
    Don’t other players of ours react like that after getting a bad result ? Well, I have realized that lots of times, even this season.

But it was really funny when his Parma failed to qualify for Champions League, the very same season he joined his new club… haha …. I was really happy then, it was really funny indeed.

But one shouldn’t also forget that he was a young player then, and people do mature as time goes by. May be he’s a matured “MAN” now ?? He might have realized his mistakes, he had done in the past. After all, he’s been in Parma for like 2/3 seasons, where his dreams were shattered. No other clubs stood up to get him by paying lots of $$ which Parma asked for ?? Even after 2/3 seasons, he still finds himself in Parma, a club which is having a bad time !!
    May be, he really has learnt his lesson, that he’s willing to join Inter, despite knowing that he would be whistled by the inter fans, whom he had left few seasons back ??
    Who knows, he might be thinking: “It’s payback time, I have to do something for this club whom I betrayed” ??

I found it interesting when he said that he’s ready to join Inter, even if he’s whistled !! I don’t think he just said that for nothing. We never know, there could be something going on within the management and only coz of this, he could say that.
    And we all know our management, they are famous for doing unexpected things all the time. Didn’t they just do in the recent winter transfer market by not getting any new players ?? haha … Ofcourse, I am happy with that, but as I said, they are famous for making unexpected moves.

And not to forget that he even said that there was a negotiation going on to bring Frey back to Inter for this season, so be prepared for anything.

INCONSISTENT FREY
    On this one, it’s good not to comment, as I have just seen highlights and few Parma games. All I can say is that he was good against us and Juventus. And I am not just talking about just these two games, there’s others as well. As for his bad games, I have yet to see. Who knows, he might had many bad games and I didn’t get to know.

Julio Cesar
    I thought he was brought to be a starter for next season. He’s in Chievo now, I wonder why he joined that club though ??
    Or did we bring him to get S.Frey !! It’s been said that J.Cesar is a very talented goalkeeper, but some fans did say other things as well.

We got him for free and I doubt he would be willing to join Parma, when he rejected to join clubs like Reggina and Siena saying that those clubs were SMALL for him. And what if Parma is relegated, which I am hoping for.

It’s a big mystery and we will only know about all these next season.

I do think that Toldo will leave Inter, but there’s another keeper with us as well – F.CARINI

S.Frey ---- J.Cesar ---- F.Carini

Well oh well ….. would be interesting to know about our goalkeepers’ fate.

I don’t want us to have two non-european goalkeepers in the squad.

OR … might we see Toldo in Inter for next season as well.

======================

Last but not the least !! I wouldn't mind S.Frey in Inter, if he's gonna say sorry and accept his mistakes, which I think he's planning to do.

He was a young keeper that time, and might have matured alot since then ??
    I agree with that Handoyo says - I just want the good of Inter, that I wouldn't mind Maldini or Shevchenko.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    i wont vote yet, but... i dont know why cant keep toldo for another sesaon or two. Or if he still goes down hill and we have to sell him i want what frisko said.

1. Starting keeper.
    2. late 30's/40 y.o keeper (backup)
    3. Youth player (only when and if needed)

so next season i wouldnt mind

1. Carini
    2. Fontana
    3. Bindi

To me thats enough talent. so no need for frey or that unexplainable transfer J.Cesar.

Your right that, we should have those kind of keeper but the case is that, Fontana will retire this summer, and Toldo would not submit to being our second choise. So he will leave. That leaves us back with only young Keepers, so as it look now we really don't have any other choise then to have 3 very young keepers.

I wont this
    Frey(if we cant get him will settel with Carini)
    Cordaz/Maouro (carini will be second choise if Frey join us)
    Bindi (Cordaz or M... Will be 3'rd choise if Frey join us)

No Julio Cesar thanks, I don't wont him in my club, end of story.

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

If you look closely at his saves you will notice that two or three times Frey saved shots from outside the area WITH HIS FEET!!!! What does that tell you? That he lacks even the basic goalkeeping techniques! Had those shots been anywhere past his body he would never have seen them. Is that a goalkeeper of Serie A quality? How come nobody went to his rescue now that he is stuck in a mediocre Parma? Everyone was breaking the bank for Buffon, and Frey has to offer himself to Inter! Surely, there is a motive?
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Syria

10 years of FIF
    now we really don't have any other choise then to have 3 very young keepers.
    im sure if you offered fontana an extension on his contract he would give it good thought.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Not only that, I noticed in the game that most of the shots he saved, were directed straight at him. If our strikers should some style and aimed at corners, like Cordoba and Vieri for their goals, he would have been watching the ball go in hoplessly like he did against Cordoba.

Sebastien Frey

Best goalkeeper in the world. If I could choose between all keepers in the world my choice would be Frey. A comeback to Inter would therefore be a dream.

But Frey will not return. Moratti sincerely dislike him. If he were to come Moratti would need to set his feelings aside and do it for Inter. I don´t see this happening in a million years. Master F has hurt our patron badly and cake and tea will not make everything all flowers again.

Blocking a shot with your body - one of the arts in which Frey display how gigantic a champion he is. It is basic knowledge that when a keeper choose not to hold a shot it´s because he wants to avoid risks. We´re talking about a player with the ability to block a shot without his hands and decide the new destination of the ball in a way that the new destination of the ball is in destiny of himself.

As for goalkeepers in general Inter need:

A world class goalkeeper
    A reliable backup
    A decent squad player (young talent if possible)

I checked Chievo´s official website and Cesar has not arrived there.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

if moratti doesn't want frey back because he thinks he's traiter then why the hell he wants fatnaldo back :question:

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

according to sports.it Sebastians brother Nicholas who plays in serie c2 has said that sebastian wants inter

I doubted that he would come but now i really think he could be defending our colours again.

But what does it matter what a brother says i remember that the brother of Kaka said that Kaka wanted Inter but look where he ended up :cry2:
    Hernán Crespo, Internazionale, after UEFA Champions League game, replying on a question about Ibrahimovic(Sept 26, 2002):

"He is one of the best forwards I have met this year. In my opinion he can become one of the world's greatest players. He already has enormous qualities."

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

For Kaka' ending up where he did you can thank Cuper. He did not want him because "he was not tactical enough"(madecheeeee????? ) so Inter pulled out of the race.
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Ridiculous!!!

Eight out of 13 has voted -> I would welcome him back to Inter...

And some of those voters has said that Cannavaro is a traitor. Oh man.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Ridiculous!!!

Eight out of 13 has voted -> I would welcome him back to Inter...

And some of those voters has said that Cannavaro is a traitor. Oh man.
    Exactly! You guys have very mixed minds, no offense.

Yeah and so what

I was one of those who said Cannavaro was a traitor.

It's not because I didn't expirienced what he did, I have just forgiven him, as I said earlier, And it was not exacly a greath club or arch rival he joined. Like Cannavaro did That's abouth the only difference between those two...And that we actualy gave Cannavaro away, a defender who was seen as one of the best defender in the world wheile Frey was only midiocre at the time he leaved.

One could describe some of us as "mixed" and some of you unilateral. Naturally there is a distinct difference but as long as we´re friends and manage to debate in a respectful manor we rock!

sooner or later frey is ganna leave parma for a big club if it wasn't inter then he might move to milan and we don't want that to happen ,do we ?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We don't need Frey he is inconsisten. He lifts his game for Inter and the big teams vs the small ones he is bad. He is a traitor just like fatnaldo and cannavaro.

If Frey is the best goalie in the world then Buffon and Chech must probaly have retired and I haven't noticed it.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Jimmy
    I think that many have voted for the first option due to that they weren´t around the last time Frey was the keeper for us. The so called veteran Inter fans remembers exactly his behaviour at Inter, and therefore don´t want him.

Frey said that we are a crap-club, he was smiling in the 0-6 game and he also talked trash about his team-mates. Blaming that on age when he was 20-21 is just ridiculous. I´m 22 and I sure as hell knows how to behave. Then a professional player at the same age (more or less) knows the difference between right and wrong too.

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Absolutely Jimmy, Frey is simply put a bastard of a human being. As a keeper he can be Spectacular at times but also dreadful. He is too inconsistent regardless of the talent he has.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I am surprised that Gismo and Frisko, my fellows at the Anti-Canna club -btw, we have a meeting tomorrow - would welcome Frey back. Unlike me, these two guys went a step further and said he was a traitor, but I didn't.

I am mostly surprised with Frisko, because I am sure he was a fan in 2000-01. How can you welcome this guy back after those smiles and carelessness that he should? I am truly shocked, but I think I know why. You are not very anti-milan and might not be upset about that loss.

Honestly, that loss hurt me more than the Lazio collapse. I don't know if we'd ever beat Milan 6-0 in my life time, every AC fan will remember that night. I felt that that loser was letting some goals in purpose to hurt us.

Really I am stunned that more people would welcome him back. Don't you care about history and character?

I was around (since 1997). I just don´t remember the words he said in the aftermath of his move to Parma.

In this case I actually see why you guys would think twice. I admit it´s rather controversial that I would welcome Master F back with open arms! I must say that those words were really provoking me. But I´m over it, especially after he said his spell at Inter were the best years of his life.

He has matured and I think it´s fair as a human to make mistakes at a young age if you admit them and apologise afterwards. When Adriano knocked out that Valencia player I doubt many Interisti blamed him too much. To me hitting another player wearing the shirt is a sin on the same level as verbally insulting us. Bottom line, he´s forgiven. You´re free to hold your grudge forever. It´s your right as a fan.

Smiling on the pitch I don´t give a crap about. Basically I forget these things immediately after a match.

Anti-Milan? Always. It´s no secret that I would happily burn their shirt if I got the chance.

I believe Frey´s character has changed. He has matured and you can even see it on the pitch. He is ready to come back.