Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The shame of football

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

The shame of football

During tonight's game Holland v England, the players will be wearing special jerseys to support the anti-racism campaign "Stand Up Speak Up".

Great stuff

http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup/e....jsp?page=home
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Noble might these things be, but they won't change a thing. People that are racists aren't the type that you can educate by putting together a group of stars and make them say it's wrong.

The only way to go is punishment, either with fines, stadium bans, points dediction etc.

When the Spanish FA fines Atletico Madrid $600 - yes six hundred euros - because their fans were chanting monkey noises on R. Carlos - even the ref noted that - then you have a problem. Honestly, Spain and its FA should be fined, get points dedicted from WC qualification, and disciplined until they come down hard.

Re: The shame of football

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    During tonight's game Holland v England, the players will be wearing special jerseys to support the anti-racism campaign "Stand Up Speak Up".

Great stuff

http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup/e....jsp?page=home
    There is a pic of our own Gangsta (ADRIANO)..!

thats good..! our own players,like Vieri, Adriano and Materazzi have them to...
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

A nice gesture. But I agree with Hamed.

They certainly need the stick! These bullies only understand one language and thatīs power.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

When its sold in my country I will certainly buy it!!!

There's nothing on earth that I hate more than racisme.
    Unfortunately, its true, you can't change those people.

Several years ago, I started a petition to kick out racisme on and around football fields in Belgium. Because, some years ago, I had it very hard to go and see football, because of all those racistspeople. (But I was also shocked by the number of people who didnt wanted to sign that)
    I found a lot of people over whole my country who supported that, I went to higher agency with it.
    Ofcourse, silly me, they told: "good initiative, but ..."
    Yeah, I'm a lot wiser now, I can't change the world.

About the football: the only thing they can is to take such people where it really hurts, their money and the foot, they should be suspended for such a long time to see football and pay an enorm amount. Everywhere into a stadion, there are so much camera's, so, it has to work to handle it like that.

How bad it is, there will be always racists on our world, stupid people, it hurts so much.
    Leve Inter, Cercle Brugge, Standard, Palermo

United we stand and divided we fall
    All for one and one for all !!

Yeah, personally I was trying to convert a guy once.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good job Squadra, we need more people like you.

Also, some of these people might not be actually racists. While what they say is awful, but some of these guys are normal but when they dislike a player they look for something to scream at him with. If he is black they make monkey noises etc. Some of those people might learn from such an initiaitve.

But it's those hard core who can turn violent at any time that should be dealt with severley.

If you ask me they should get the sword, so to speak. Banned for years from entering a stadium + fines.

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Hamed your absolutely right, some fans aren't racists they just passionately hate a player so they will resort to racist stereotypes.

But itīs still not how you behave in a stadium.

Fav. Player
    Il Principe Mil

Oh for sure Gismo that is definitely an unacceptable behaviour.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

That's true, but I was saying that these people might benefit from education in that matter. Nonetheless, a severe punishment might make them realize their mistake and never to do it.

I suggest that teams publish the photos of those who yell racial slurs on TV or a local newspaper so they'd be ashamed. With CCTV's, it's more than possible to do that.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think what they are trying to do here is influence the next generation not the old racists...They are trying to stop the breeding of such idiots at a young age so that the problem is fixed within the roots slowly diminishing it.
    Ziyad Of Boston

I guess... What they should also do is to make a big deal out of it in school and tell the parents to do their part too.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I bought my linked Stand Up Speak Up band today, a great message - and a great fashion item!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    In England they're really acting big time against those bastards.

The other day I saw on Sky News some idiots making monkey gestures at Emile Heskey during a EPL game. The camera zoomed in and you could see the fools' faces perfectly!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Yeah, England is really a good example for that. I remember Vieira saying once that it's much better than France in this topic.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

The deal with Spain continues:

Eto'o celebrations aimed at racists

MADRID, Feb 13 (Reuters) - Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o said his dancing goal celebration in Saturday's 4-1 win away to Real Zaragoza was a response to the racist abuse he received during the game.
    'I danced like a monkey because they treated me like a monkey,' said the 24-year-old Cameroon international, who is widely expected to be named African Player of the Year for the second season in succession next week.

Eto'o, who notched his 17th goal of the season, was greeted by monkey chants when he touched the ball at the Romareda stadium and peanuts were thrown on to the pitch after he scored.

Referee Fernando Carmona Mendez did not mention the incidents in his match report, commenting only that the behaviour of the crowd was 'normal'.

Several clubs have been fined for the racist behaviour of their fans this season but the Spanish Football Federation has not taken any action unless the incidents have been reported by the referee

How do FIFA let this continue, they gotta do something about this...!

Eto'o is such a good person and player...gotta love him
    I'm crushed, Black and Blue, but you know I'd do it all again for you.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I don't know if they are insensitive or they are trying to show that their people are angles. Time and time again the same thing happens, and because there is no deterrent, it happens again.

They should follow the English model and ban racists from the stands. But unlike England, the spanish FA thinks that being racist is okay.