Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important tips for jersey owners!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Important tips for jersey owners!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who collects jerseys, be it Inter or some other clubs/NTs, in this forum.

I usually keep my jersey folded, and put them in a drawer. I haven't used some of them for years (literally) and when I was moving out to my new house, I was horrified as I unpacked them out.

Spoiler: text 
    As you can see, the printings from the names and numbers were slightly melted and they were sticked to the jerseys. I tried washing them out, but they just couldn't come off.

So my advice is: Keep your jerseys hanged instead of folding them You have to watch out not only for the prints at the back, but also the Pirelli printing in front. If you insist in folding them, open it up every month or something. This advice is particularly important for those who live in a tropical climate as I think the heat acts as a catalyst in my case.

==================================================

Not done yet, I have another advice for you guys. If you buy our jerseys, try to stick whatever patch (Scudetto, Coppa Italia, CL, CWC, etc etc) yourself. I just realized that the shop that I asked to stick them out did a Muntari-esque job in my jersey.

Spoiler: text 

Hope these help folks.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

One tips I always use. Never buy with printed numbers. hahaha.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

3. Thanks (1): sanka

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    I buy NO numbers.... if it saves money . I do try and be careful about patches. Thanks Han!

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Thanks Han

**I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

6. Thanks (1): sanka

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    My tip: Never wash your jersey! I bought my last before the first game against Chelsea. After we had won I didn't wash it ... Until one day before the match against Atletico Madrid ...

Ok: It smelled but it was worth!

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Turkey

i'm keeping my jerseys on the wall with scarves not in closet or etc... but not smoke in the room

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Thanks for posting this Han. Going to air my jerseys out over the weekend as well...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Scotland

Thanks man, found this out the hard way!
    C' solo l'Inter

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

As for patches and washing jerseys, it depends but I don't know on what... My patches have always been applied perfectly in Milan and none of jerseys has never washed out (I mean the name and number prints are still good as new). But a friend of mine washed his Centenary jersey (with Zanetti in the back) and the name is almost unreadable now...

Thanks for the tips Han

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Fuck now Im scared to wash it and it needs to be washed

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    A jersey is like any other clothes. If you wear it too many times, wash it too many times, it'll obviously lose its color.

But wear it for 4-5 times, just wash it very slowly and gently, and it's fine. Obviously, don't ever iron it.

Nathy, well yes, I have some other jerseys where the patches were nice and clean. But if I got unlucky in one out of my few jerseys, I'm sure there are some other unlucky chaps like me too. (It was done in Milano too mind you. The shop behind the Duomo, I'm sure you know) Besides, the point is, if the Inter jersey is so precious to you like it is to me, just do the patches yourself. It's so damn easy too, albeit kinda tedious.

Fav. Player
    MM

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Is it better to wash them at a lower degree than normal (for the prints and patches and stuff)? Or is normal degree just fine?

United States

62 Forum Supporter
    Good tips, I handwash all my jerseys, I don't trust them going in a washing machine at all. Still though I have a Messi jersey that the number "melted" a bit so I guess it's not an uncommon thing.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    This is bad, I folded my yellow Ecuador jersey next to my white Inter away jersey, and there's a bad yellow stain on there. Not sure how it happened, because the yellow isn't print screen, but I'm just going to assume the yellow shirt played a roll in this one

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfreek View Post
    This is bad, I folded my yellow Ecuador jersey next to my white Inter away jersey, and there's a bad yellow stain on there. Not sure how it happened, because the yellow isn't print screen, but I'm just going to assume the yellow shirt played a roll in this one

That's why you need to buy the authentic ones...the $5 ones off the street are very low quality and shit like this happens.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Is it better to wash them at a lower degree than normal (for the prints and patches and stuff)? Or is normal degree just fine?
    I always wash it at lower degree and no dryer. My jersey still looks good after 3 months but I wear it almost every week.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Cipe & Pupi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Nathy, well yes, I have some other jerseys where the patches were nice and clean. But if I got unlucky in one out of my few jerseys, I'm sure there are some other unlucky chaps like me too. (It was done in Milano too mind you. The shop behind the Duomo, I'm sure you know) Besides, the point is, if the Inter jersey is so precious to you like it is to me, just do the patches yourself. It's so damn easy too, albeit kinda tedious.
    At FootballTeam no way :o ?! I like their shop a lot! Well I'm sorry it happened, maybe I'm just lucky then... Don't know if my worn-out Zanetti jersey friend bought it there too... I don't think so but I'm not sure...

Ireland

Just a couple of pointers for anyone who is storing their jersey collection folded, if you put paper in the jersey to cover the name and number, light tracing paper like comes in the packaging with the jersey is good for this, it should stop the printing from sticking. Also on the badges, I tend to stitch the badges onto the jersey because that way it will never fall off, just make sure whoever is doing it is good at it and that you use thread that is the same colour as the badge so that you don't notice the stitching. That's just what I do with mine and I haven't had a problem with any of my jersey's.

21. Thanks (2): Ed., Handoyo

Fav. Player
    Y. Nagatomo

Tenerife

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post

legend

Afghanistan

asd
    Last edited by Handoyo; 06 Jun 13 at 10:27.