Page 1161 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 16166110611111115111581159116011611162 LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,220 of 23232

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

10 years of FIF
    You are buahahuahuing and missing my point. We need players that will fit into the system that Conte will refuse to change.

Where will De Paul play? Hakimi's position? Buahahah

Lautaro's? Buahahah

Lukaku's? buahahhaha

Or let me ask you even a more buahuahuastic question, will De Paul play in Gags position? Buahahhaha

Vidal will be replaced by De Paul? Buahahah

Buahahah. Buahahah.
    Guacamole

Fav. Player
    Cómi

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jane The Virgin View Post
    You are buahahuahuing and missing my point. We need players that will fit into the system that Conte will refuse to change.

Lautaro's? Buahahah

Lukaku's? buahahhaha

Or let me ask you even a more buahuahuastic question, will De Paul play in Gags position? Buahahhaha

Buahahah. Buahahah.
    I got immense buahahah reading this post.
    Last edited by Cómi; 31 Dec 20 at 09:32.
    "If I have to slap a Uruguayan in the face, I will." - Felipe Melo

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Poland

Lautaro's? Buahahah

Lukaku's? buahahhaha

Buahahah. Buahahah.
    are you aware that Udinese is playing 3-5-2 formation since 3 years or more (for sure with Tudor and Luca Gotti) and De Paul was the best player of this team, so there are no doubts he can fit Conte's tactics. He could be Sensi's non-injured counterpart.
    Bigger problem can be with Papu, we would need to go back to 3-4-1-2 formation IMO.

But I think it's just fantasy and our only reinforcement will be Matias Vecino.

5. Thanks (2): MVD, pier

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

10 years of FIF
    Sensi hasn't even been considered a starter yet, and you want a vice-sensi?

If you want someone like/or De Paul, you should be realistic, about everything, and not just jump into buying a player.

If Sensi was a starter with more than 80% games played out of all of our games, and as you say (because I don't know for sure that De Paul is a la Sensi type...) De Paul would be a perfect sub for Sensi, we could have a debate on that. That's a valid thing. It would have been your point on depth and quality vs mine on more or less personal favorite some X player. That is totally fine and fair debate and arguments.

But you are throwing now statements that are untrue just to try to justify De Paul.

By untrue statements I mean the fact that you call De Paul a vice Sensi, whereas Sensi has been injured for almost two years now

In Conte's system, De Paul is below every midfielder we have. He can't ever start before Barella, Vidal, Brozo. He can't in a million years start before a healthy Sensi. And as much we like to fuck around, he can't in a million years start before Gags because defensively Gags is much better than him as a midfielder.

I always saw and thought of De paul as a more attacking midfielder with tendecies to play on the wing. We have a world class attacking midfielder. Arguably top10 in the world, and he can't seem to fit in Conte's system.

Are you willing to start de paul over Sanchez? Come on be real now. Compare Sanchez to De Paul, and not the youtube version of De Paul.

That's why I said. There isn't room for him at Inter. We need smart buys this winter. One or two. We don't need more for the scudetto. That's why i mentioned Locatelli. He will run, he will tackle, he will pass, he will even score. And most importantly, he will sit in the bench and never moan about it.

There is always place for hardworking players like Locatelli. But as for De Paul and his qualities, there isn't place in Inter. We are not going to change the whole formation and system because of him. Not now, not in a million years. Among other gazillion reasons, he quite simply is not worth it.
    Guacamole

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by diamen View Post
    are you aware that Udinese is playing 3-5-2 formation since 3 years or more (for sure with Tudor and Luca Gotti) and De Paul was the best player of this team, so there are no doubts he can fit Conte's tactics. He could be Sensi's non-injured counterpart.
    Bigger problem can be with Papu, we would need to go back to 3-4-1-2 formation IMO.

But I think it's just fantasy and our only reinforcement will be Matias Vecino.
    Udinese switched to 3-5-2 when Nicola replaced Velasquez in 2018. Till then De Paul was mostly playing as a winger in 4-3-3. Nicola tried De Paul at first as a secondary striker but he eventually moved him to a mezzala role later in the season. De Paul first season in the new role was pretty bad but he was given the time to learn the new position and now he has fully adjusted to the role.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Lautaro's? Buahahah

Lukaku's? buahahhaha

Buahahah. Buahahah.
    Buhahahaaaa tell me who is better than Papu Gomez in our team?
    Your beloved"invisible against any big team" Barella?
    Broz, Vidal, Sensi? Gagsy lol
    Lukaku small time player? Fkn diver Lautaro? Are you serious...
    Nope... Papu is another level. So you obviously never watched this guy... Or you know nothing about football.

9. Thanks (2): Jane The Virgin, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

10 years of FIF
    I'm not gonna bother bro.
    Guacamole

11. Thanks (1): cuba gooding

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

De Paul is versatile, no doubt he would fit in well. Gomez would be nice because we need a dribbler. I'd be fine with either.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

13. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, eduzee, Shark

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    De Paul is versatile, no doubt he would fit in well. Gomez would be nice because we need a dribbler. I'd be fine with either.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk
    Wouldn’t Gomez wages then make him the same price as as De Paul. Basically just gambling on both. How long will Gomez still be good like Vidal, Sanchez, Young. Or can De Paul make the jump to a bigger team or turn to utter shit the second he wears our uniform?
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    I don't like overhyped and over priced players like De Paul. I don't think he is irreplaceable. He is already 26 and we should approach players like him with caution. But Gomez is a rare opportunity and a somewhat low risk signing. Getting him should be our top priority.
    Last edited by Palacio; 02 Jan 21 at 10:22.

16. Thanks (3): DARi0, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Wouldn’t Gomez wages then make him the same price as as De Paul. Basically just gambling on both. How long will Gomez still be good like Vidal, Sanchez, Young. Or can De Paul make the jump to a bigger team or turn to utter shit the second he wears our uniform?
    Probably De Paul's wages will be at the same region as Gomez's (2.5m€ net). Difference is De Paul costs about 3x more in transfer fees.

18. Thanks (2): Palacio, _OC_

Fav. Player
    difensa

Europe

73 10 years of FIF
    Gomez or de Paul, Paredes, Gervinho.... Was the left wingback issue even remotely addressed during the summit? Should be priority (along with CB backup) for January if we can sell any player.

20. Thanks (5): Bluenine, Fitzy, Il Drago, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    Gomez or de Paul, Paredes, Gervinho.... Was the left wingback issue even remotely addressed during the summit? Should be priority (along with CB backup) for January if we can sell any player.
    I was thinking the same thing today when watching Young being so shaky. He's been so bad COMPARED to last season's performance. WBs are such scarce commodity these days so I find it hard to believe we can find a loan deal for WB who's better than Young. Unfortunately.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    Darmian I think can do a good job as LWB this season. With the lack of proper WBs available in this January I think our small budget better be spent wisely, and not hastily.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Marotta + Conte, financial implications, money wasted and other mercato shit

1) Spalletti is still under contract and costs us around 9m annually (4m for his salary and 500k for the rest of the staff, plus the tax). Two years running, so there's an 18m hole.

2) Gave Manchester United almost every penny they requested for Romelu Lukaku who even abandoned his club and was training for his former Belgian club at the time. Possibly 20m wasted here due to bad negotiations. And definitely lost one month of mercato activity due to this fixation, he then slipped as he agreed terms with Juventus so we pursued Cavani, only to return for Lukaku and pay the full amount once the Dybala part of the deal collapsed. Unnecessary tripling of the salary of Lukaku is excluded here.

3) Sold Icardi for much less than his value, due to the poor handling of the situation. The funds also came one year too late and even less than the already low clause agreed.

4) Gave Nainggolan away and deprived us of a potentially helpful player, paying him to play for Cagliari around 4m per year and cost us points, so we didn't even put a clause where he couldn't play against us! Now we have a demotivated player for whom we also wasted around 4m to keep on the sidelines, only to hand him back to Cagliari for the rest of the season. And potentially play against us once more.

5) Did not manage to sell Perisic despite three attempts. At least we did not waste money there, but we gave Bayern a rotation player that helped them win the treble and we still haven't figured out how to utilize him properly under the new era, and we kept him on despite opening Pandora's box in the first two months of Marotta's tenure.

6) Failed to offload Joao Mario. Costs a lot in our books but overall did not cost us much money to send him around.

7) Wasted one month to sell Gabriel Barbosa for the same price that was being initially rejected. Around 0.5 loss due to Barbosa's January salary....

8) We are still paying for half of Candreva's salary, to play against us. It's a loan + obligation deal. Around 3m cost.

9) Diego Godin debacle. Cost us around 8m to get rid of him.

10) Valentino Lazaro. 25m down the drain + around 2m for his salary while at Inter.

11) We are paying Ashley Young 3m a year. Not really that cheap. We've also spent a lot of money in the 2nd half of last season to get players like Moses and

12) We have the following [net] contracts sitting on the bench or in the stands:
    - Eriksen 7.5m
    - Sanchez 7m
    - Perisic 5m
    - Kolarov 3m
    - Vecino 2.5m
    - Pinamonti 2m
    - Darmian 2m
    - D'Ambrosio 2m
    - Ranocchia 1.8m

That's roughly 33m net per season and somewhere around 50m per annum, inlcuding taxes.

Just to compare, our starting players are:
    - Handanovic 3.2m
    - Skriniar 3m
    - De Vrij 3.8m
    - Bastoni 1.5m
    - Hakimi 5m
    - Young 3m
    - Vidal 6.5m
    - Barella 2.5m
    - Brozovic 3.5m
    - Martinez 2m
    - Lukaku 8m

That's 42m. The ratio of starters vs unused [and overpaid rotation] players looks really bad. For every euro we spend on a starting player, we are also spending almost 80 cents for a reserve or unused player. And that's only regarding players that are still here. If we include Godin, Candreva, Nainggolan and the definite rotation players such as Gagliardini and Sensi, we are paying more for non-starters than we are for everyone else.

That's shithousery.

Marotta is directly responsible for the majority of these deals as the supervising manager during the time the deals were completed.

13) Failed to progress to Champions League round of 16, twice in a row. Last season we were lucky we had the remainder of our European fixtures after the end of the season and reached the EL final which compensated to an extent for that. This year, pure loss. Both in pedigree and prestige, and in monetary terms.

--------------

The list could go on and be more detailed.

I'm getting dizzy just trying to count how much money has been wasted here.
    Sure, Suning has been there before with the Joao Mario and Gabriel Barbosa transfers and we've wasted money plenty of times, but this was supposed to be the time for prudence and return to relevance. We are not prudent and we are still irrelevant in Europe. And we wasted tons of money in pursuit of this.

It's 9 digits of wasted euros by the way. The debate is whether it's a 1 or a 2 in front of the other 8 digits... Not overspent, but genuinely wasted money!
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    And people wonder why we have NO money!
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

26. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

Serbia

I'd argue that D'ambrosio and Sanchez earn their salary fair and square, despite the latter being injured for his first year here.

The rest is inexcusable ofcourse.

28. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    I'd argue that D'ambrosio and Sanchez earn their salary fair and square, despite the latter being injured for his first year here.

The rest is inexcusable ofcourse.
    I don't disagree on D'Ambrosio, but when you compare with the rest of the league, he's probably amongst the top 50 or 60 earners. And there are 100+11 starters in the top 10 of the league alone.

With Sanchez the issue is that this is a top player's salary and he's below Lautaro in the pecking order, yet earns 4 times as much. He's one of my favorite players, I think that's quite known around here, but the issue is that he earns far too much given the roster dynamics. Of course I've only isolated the salary picture and not the full picture which shows that Sanchez's only cost is that salary alone.

The annual salary cost of Sanchez, Eriksen and Vidal is 21m. That could have gotten us 2 more players of Hakimi's calibre for example, all included. As definite starters. In fairness, Eriksen is of that calibre and probably higher and should be starting.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Marotta

Europe

Yep... I think it would be vice to not get anybody but maybe Esposito (cheap) and just focus to offload Eriksen, Perisic and Pinamonti. Then see how we finnish the season? Darmian should be first option to LWB and Dambro and Young for backups.

Covid messed up last summer sales and we were one goal short from last 16 at CL and now out of europe games, so some cuts has to happen!

No one knows how long we will play for empty stands and will our sponsors survive? I also wonder why there is no talk about players salary cuts?
    imustbemasochisttosupportinter

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by pazza moratti View Post
    I also wonder why there is no talk about players salary cuts?
    Zhang to his credit said that everyone will get everything, from the top employee to the janitors. As it should be.

I think the players discussed a 10-20% cut for one of the months they didn't play but not sure if anything happened.

#ConteOut