Page 1057 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 57557957100710471054105510561057
Results 21,121 to 21,136 of 21136

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Implying that Liverpool didn't spend a lot as well...?
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Klopp:

First 44 months as Liverpool manager: 0 trophies

Last 3 months as Liverpool manager: 2 trophies

But if we don’t win something in Conte’s first 12 months he should be fired
    I sort of agree with this, but we need to add some context here.

Klopp is the definition of a coach to hire for a long term project and this is a very rare breed these days. He took over Dortmund in 2008, a time when they were nothing more than a midtable club, finishing 13th in the previous season.

Fast forward to 2013 and the same club is now a CL finalist, who was insanely close to winning the tournament. Not to mention 2 back to back league titles.
    Klopp made the club Dortmund is today.

In October 2015 Klopp takes over a struggling Liverpool side that has drowned in irrelevance in recent years.
    4 years later he reaches 2 back to back CL finals, winning the 2019 competition.
    He manages to 97 points in the PL, which in itself is just absolutely insane but got unlucky City was 1 point ahead of him.

Klopp is a genius in developing young talent into world class, and the ceiling his teams reach are very very high.

In Contes time as a „world class“ coach he spent 3 years at Juventus, 2 at Italy and another 2 at Chelsea before he left the club in shambles.
    Although he had success with those teams you see those being short term projects, so comparing him to Klopp is kinda apples and oranges.

And let’s not forget how he got Juves era of dominance rolling. A lot of his success can be traced back to us and Milan pressing the self destruct button and tons of fishy referee decisions. A team so corrupt, where Buffon is to decide which goals count and which don’t -> Muntari goal that wasn’t given, costing Milan the scudetto in the end.

My point is: Klopp and Conte are nothing alike. That’s why they should be measured on different standards. Conte needs to improve this team quickly, that’s why his pressure short term should be higher.
    You're watching a master at work

4. Thanks (6): eduzee, Il Drago, MVD, n4l, Sqnalkel, _OC_

Vietnam

^Klopp is just an example. That applies for almost every other successful coaches except the powerhouses'.

Guardiola didn't win anything with ManCity in his first season either.

You must give time and patience to see "ceiling". Conte, similar to Mourinho at Chelsea, never had such luxury. Classifying him as "short term coach" is a bit unfair.

6. Thanks (1): thatdude

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    ^Klopp is just an example. That applies for almost every other successful coaches except the powerhouses'.

Guardiola didn't win anything with ManCity in his first season either.

You must give time and patience to see "ceiling". Conte, similar to Mourinho at Chelsea, never had such luxury. Classifying him as "short term coach" is a bit unfair.
    Eh no.He had all the luxuries at Chelski as long as he was willing to improve his attitude.He didnt.Similarly at RuBentus he could have been a long term coach but it was he who had a problem with spending and came up with Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati or whatever rant it was.Conte has simpy been unwilling to build over a long time and not just spend straight away and win.He gets into fights with his own club hierarchy as seen at RuBe and Chelski.Unlike a Klopp who is willing to build and perhaps not loosen the purse for a few years Conte has never subscribed to that ideology till now.If you cant stay long term at the club you captained and spent your entire career at then tbh you arent going to do that at the club you grew up in a rivalry with.Make no mistake this is a short term coach and especially at Inter and we must pray he wins trophies straight away before it gets ugly.I am hoping he gets the Scudetto within the first 2 years.But sadly so far our team is clearly far far off looking like it will win it.We need to spend more and Suning need to go all in.

Conte continued to take pot shots at the Chelski hierarchy from day 1 of season 2 there.Perhaps we will see a new Conte here who doesnt attack his own club and then we can say lets be patient.But precedent so far says spend big now and give him a great squad so that he wins the league asap and then it gets ugly with him and we move onto another coach.

8. Thanks (1): n4l

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    ^ That is not completely true. Klopp and Conte are similar in their idea how to build the team. Klopp has needed two seasons to get rid of the unwanted players and to impose his style and mentality.
    Conte also has clear vision what kind of players he wants and how to play his team. He left Jubentus because of disagreement of the transfers. Pretty much the same was the situation in Chelsea. There was a group of players (Hazard, Wiliam and maybe others) rioting against him as well.

10. Thanks (1): PHM1605

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The "group" of players at Chelsea was more like the entire team bar a couple of players; Azpilicueta and some fringe characters.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Is this real?

https://www.football-italia.net/1422...no-and-dimarco

We really must have a couple of striker deals done to move Politano and Perisic within a week. Talk about putting all your eggs in the 3-5-2 basket. No Politano means we literally don't have a player to play as a wide forward if we need to change to 3-4-3 or something else with wide forwards (candreva doesn't count).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

13. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I stopped reading at this point:

According to Sportmediaset
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    I sort of agree with this, but we need to add some context here.

Klopp is the definition of a coach to hire for a long term project and this is a very rare breed these days. He took over Dortmund in 2008, a time when they were nothing more than a midtable club, finishing 13th in the previous season.

Fast forward to 2013 and the same club is now a CL finalist, who was insanely close to winning the tournament. Not to mention 2 back to back league titles.
    Klopp made the club Dortmund is today.

In October 2015 Klopp takes over a struggling Liverpool side that has drowned in irrelevance in recent years.
    4 years later he reaches 2 back to back CL finals, winning the 2019 competition.
    He manages to 97 points in the PL, which in itself is just absolutely insane but got unlucky City was 1 point ahead of him.

Klopp is a genius in developing young talent into world class, and the ceiling his teams reach are very very high.

In Contes time as a „world class“ coach he spent 3 years at Juventus, 2 at Italy and another 2 at Chelsea before he left the club in shambles.
    Although he had success with those teams you see those being short term projects, so comparing him to Klopp is kinda apples and oranges.

And let’s not forget how he got Juves era of dominance rolling. A lot of his success can be traced back to us and Milan pressing the self destruct button and tons of fishy referee decisions. A team so corrupt, where Buffon is to decide which goals count and which don’t -> Muntari goal that wasn’t given, costing Milan the scudetto in the end.

My point is: Klopp and Conte are nothing alike. That’s why they should be measured on different standards. Conte needs to improve this team quickly, that’s why his pressure short term should be higher.

How exactly did Conte leave Chelsea in shambles? He took over a team that finished in 10th, won the league and when he left they were 5th place and won FA Cup. Then went on to win the Europa League and finish 3rd with Sarri...I don't get how it was left in shambles?
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    How exactly did Conte leave Chelsea in shambles? He took over a team that finished in 10th, won the league and when he left they were 5th place and won FA Cup. Then went on to win the Europa League and finish 3rd with Sarri...I don't get how it was left in shambles?
    I'll say this first. You are trying to paint a picture like he inherited a bad team, saved them, and they're not bad after he left. Well that team who "finished 10th" also went through 2 managers that season (jose & hiddink) and had won the league and league cup the year before. It was clear the team was not bad but jose lost the plot a little, particularly playing players who were past it (namely ivanovic).

Now, i think the "shambles", at least imo, is his transfers. Very poor transfer record. Kante is the best player he bought by a long shot, but the rest are a huge weight on the club that they're trying to move past and recoup some money. Batshuyi, Luiz (gone already), Marcos alonso, Marota, bakayako, drinkwater, rudiger, zappacosta......that's like 250-300M of useless players. Very bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

17. Thanks (2): chipschups, phonk

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Is this real?

https://www.football-italia.net/1422...no-and-dimarco

We really must have a couple of striker deals done to move Politano and Perisic within a week. Talk about putting all your eggs in the 3-5-2 basket. No Politano means we literally don't have a player to play as a wide forward if we need to change to 3-4-3 or something else with wide forwards (candreva doesn't count).
    I really want Biraghi though.
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Implying that Liverpool didn't spend a lot as well...?
    It’s not just about spending, but where you spend it on.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Serbia

I am not sure that we are ready to let Politano go. Unless we know certainly that Dybala will come.

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Nitpicking at its finest, that’s not really what my post was about but whatever.

n4l summed it up nicely. He made tons of expensive transfers that didn’t pan out the way they were supposed to. Sarri inherited this team that was facing a downward spiral, while being gifted his player of choice Jorginho, a new goalie since Courtouis was sold, Kovacic on loan and in January Higuain, also on loan, that’s all he got. The fact that he won EL and made it to top 4 is due to him being a good coach, rather than improving the „solid foundation” Conte built. I acknowledge that Conte did good work in the first season, but the second one proved they were on their way down.

What’s happening now is still Conte aftermath imo. The squad is still largely the same minus their superstar Hazard.
    Chelsea is currently not in a good position, I wouldn’t like to see us in a similar situation.
    You're watching a master at work

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Frustrating that we're one week away from the season starting and we're still stuck with Dalbert, Mario, and Valero on our wage bill. Not to mention the Icardi saga is ongoing, Perisic and Nainggolan are both only loaned out, and Candreva is likely going to be a major contributor this year.

Has not been a good mercato from a selling standpoint, at all.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Kuwait

Not even from a buying stand point if we don’t get SMS or Rakitic