Page 990 of 990 FirstFirst ... 490890940980987988989990
Results 19,781 to 19,789 of 19789

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Not sure if our management even knows how to spell the word o-b-v-i-o-u-s.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Not sure if our management even knows how to spell the word o-b-v-i-o-u-s.
    ًActually, Inter is famous for attracting talent blind people( Ausilion is definitely one with his eye for useless mediocre players and Spalletti can't see any talennt in virtually any player who isn't an ex Roma/Fior player and isn't close to thirty.) I hope Marotta is different.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I say it's going to be a 60mil war chest plus all the money from selling players AT THE MOST. Everything else is going to be allocated into salaries.

By now it should be obvious to Marotta, Spalletti and co. what works and what doesn't, and also who must go no matter what. If our Chinese overlords are gonna give us the 60+ mils to spend, I believe we are able to do something good with it this upcoming summer.
    Yeah, with 60m€ we are obviously not getting 60-70m€ players even with sales. Also so much depends on the CL qualification. That (with the size of war chest) sets the level of star players we can acquire. Are they possible euro level star players or domestic level star players.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah, with 60mÄ we are obviously not getting 60-70mÄ players even with sales. Also so much depends on the CL qualification. That (with the size of war chest) sets the level of star players we can acquire. Are they possible euro level star players or domestic level star players.
    man, we wont have even domestic level players, i wish we got 20 players of atleast politano quality, not vecinos, candreva or always injured nainggolans and keitas or papas like valero
    Inter Banter era 2011-
    Italian for dummies:

regista- vecino
    trequartista- nainggolan
    fantasista- candreva
    prima punta- ranocchia

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have a different opinion. I would much rather Inter spend 50m-60m per player we buy, but ensure we buy quality. So if we have 200m to spend this summer, I would much rather Inter spend it on 3-4 quality players who improve our starting XI by a lot. Rather than spend 200m to buy 10 players with the hope that some of them end up being good.

For every Icardi & Skriniar, we wasted money on a couple of players like Dalbert, Gabigol, Vecino, Gags, etc. In the end, those costs add up. Look at our left back position - we have easily spent more than 50m on left backs in the last 6-7 years and always ended up with shite. Instead we could have just bought a world class left back for 50m and he would have delivered.

I do agree with you that Marotta must also look out for great bargain deals like De Vrij or Asamoah. We cannot spend 50m for every position, so will need to do some clever deals as well.
    I tend to agree that we need to target our spending on fewer but better targets. We've got enough squad players – the likes of D'Ambrosio, Politano (if he's bought) etc. But while we do have a poor record on punts, I don't really share the optimism that higher-profile players will yield a better success rate. Our two purchases of guaranteed quality this season (Nainggolan and Vrsaljko) have both fallen way short of the mark. (with the obvious caveat of a smaller sample size and Nainggolan not being a closed book yet) I feel either way, there will be a lot of wasted money.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I say it's going to be a 60mil war chest plus all the money from selling players AT THE MOST. Everything else is going to be allocated into salaries.

By now it should be obvious to Marotta, Spalletti and co. what works and what doesn't, and also who must go no matter what. If our Chinese overlords are gonna give us the 60+ mils to spend, I believe we are able to do something good with it this upcoming summer.
    60m, you took out of your ass? Or it's a speculation from a shit newspaper?
    Anyway, I hope papa Zhang give 100m from his pocket. But it's only my wish

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    60m was my guess as well, if we make CL. Not sure what we can get from sales though.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

With what we saw from our Chinese masters now, I really can't see more than 60mil. Sure, we are bit more free than we were the years before, but I don't think they are prepared to bring lots of money forth.

Especially with the Joao Mario/Gabigol debacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

i think we can add 60 mil from skriniar (same value as DeLigt) 20 from perisic and max 40 from brozovic.

and max 80 from icardi. icardi and skriniar will be easy to sell, not sure about brozovic and perisic.

icardi, skriniar and brozovic are in the right age to sell as were pogba, vidal, salah, alisson, pjanic, jorginho, cavani, lavezzi- all top guys from top serie a teams.

if we cant keep our backbone its better to cash on them and try new players, 25 mil max, so more politanos.

pavoletti or belotti + barardi and politano is the best starting attack we can get.
    Inter Banter era 2011-
    Italian for dummies:

regista- vecino
    trequartista- nainggolan
    fantasista- candreva
    prima punta- ranocchia

10. Thanks (1): _OC_