Page 1101 of 1119 FirstFirst ... 10160110011051109110981099110011011102110311041111 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,020 of 22362

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    100% your post, but I also partially hope that we're giving Gagliardini his last trial before we get rid of him. I think its plain to see he's not good enough, and he's highlighted it with those two misses of his.

JM, Perisic, Dalbert, Valero, Gagliardini, Vecino, Godin out this summer and I'll be a happy man. Ideally Candreva too.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I don't know about 5 forwards and not getting Giroud, but other than that spot on post by Il Drago.

Schira from GdS wrotes that Conte's list is:
    - RWB - Hakimi (DONE)
    - LWB
    - left-footed CB
    - 2x midfielders - Tonali and Vidal
    - vice-Lukaku
    - 2nd goalkeeper - Musso

LWB:
    Will be someone, it's clear by the rumors we're going to get one. Emerson, Gosens, I don't know if Alaba fits to this position. Tagliafico and Telles should be there for the taking too if they determine these guys can play LWB (I don't really know).

LCB:
    Apparently Conte wants more security to this position and doesn't want to run with just one LCB who's 21 years old. This looks like Alaba to me.

2x midfielders:
    Tonali is going to get signed once we just finish the negotiations. I think Vidal can be had too since his contract expires next summer. Problem is Nainggolan and our other midfielders we need to dump out first.

vice-Lukaku:
    Some taller forward, Giroud is back in the rumors again. I wouldn't oppose it as long as the contract is reasonable and the fee is modest. And of course that Sanchez is booked so Giroud would slot in as the 4th choice striker. Dunno if cavanis and such names can be considered to this role with their salaries.

2nd goalkeeper:
    Musso is mentioned by name. I don't know about that, he sounds way too expensive to be a 2nd keeper. Maybe they are targeting Juve-style tandem, where the 2nd keeper takes the reign bit by bit as Szczęsny did with Buffon. Was it that Handa is going to get extended to 2022 or 2023? I don't really care tbh, he can be at Inter for as long as he wants but he must accept a younger guy will come in at some point to start the generation shift. Will it be next season, or season after next, we don't know. If we sign Musso now, it will be next season, if we keep Radu, I doubt he plays too much next season.

Like Il Drago posted too, midfield is a big factor in our mercato. There will be a lot of changes in that department and rightfully so. More than anything we need more depth and hopefully that will happen by upgrading our bench tremendously.
    Last edited by CafeCordoba; 06 Jul 20 at 07:39.

3. Thanks (2): Hasan, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

I almost wonder if in goal we're better off going with Handanovic and two youngsters, so if one doesnt pan out we have a decent second option

- - - Updated - - -

SMS apparently available for 70m at the end of the season

Cant really see it happening unless we were to sell Brozovic and not redeem Sensi, probably?

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes, they say Italian clubs cannot afford such investments now and he's sold abroad. If he's available for 70m€, I'd say Inter and Juve are interested for sure. Completely another matter is if he's available for Inter and Juve for 70m€. I really doubt that.

Poland

SMS is always on market, it's just matter of price. As much as I love his skills, it's better to spend 70 mln for two class players instead of one. But Sergej would be perfect fit for Juve.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

itd be great if we could spend 70m and get 70 class players, but price is proportional to class

Indonesia

Id rather keep vecino than gags tbh.
    At least vecino has end product and can do 1-2 passes well

9. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

i dont think it's an either/or situation tbh

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I think it's more about the market situation. Vecino we can sell to abroad always, Gags not so much. Problem with selling Vecino might be COVID, hopefully not. With Gags it might be the same, but maybe he can be used in some kind of swap deal. Generate profit for both clubs involved.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

atalanta have been pretty good with taking players back - Caldara is the obvious example in my mind right now.
    And its not like they have loads of depth in midfield

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    atalanta have been pretty good with taking players back - Caldara is the obvious example in my mind right now.
    And its not like they have loads of depth in midfield
    yeah, but Caldara was just loaned back to Atalanta and Milan even pay part of his salary so I have doubts about Atalanta splashing money for Gags, they can invest 20 mln euro in better players.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Selling Brozovic and Gagliardini to finance a SMS transfer feels like a straight line of thought to me.

As much as I love Brozo despite his bonehead moments, it's time to seize this opportunity.

We can fetch 60m for him from Liverpool or Tottenham who will br interested. Wr can get something like 10-12m for Gagliardini. Give 75-80 to Lazio for SMS and watch the world crumble at the face of Eriksen, SMS, Barella, Tonali...and we'll keep Vecino around for luck.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Selling Brozovic and Gagliardini to finance a SMS transfer feels like a straight line of thought to me.

As much as I love Brozo despite his bonehead moments, it's time to seize this opportunity.

We can fetch 60m for him from Liverpool or Tottenham who will br interested. Wr can get something like 10-12m for Gagliardini. Give 75-80 to Lazio for SMS and watch the world crumble at the face of Eriksen, SMS, Barella, Tonali...and we'll keep Vecino around for luck.
    Amen u get it.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Those clubs are not paying 60m€ for Brozovic in COVID times. Other than that it would be a great plan.

17. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by diamen View Post
    SMS is always on market, it's just matter of price. As much as I love his skills, it's better to spend 70 mln for two class players instead of one. But Sergej would be perfect fit for Juve.
    I have a feeling Paratici will make it done tbh. They can't get Pogba and B2B like Milinkovic is exactly what they need. Hopefully he still stays @Lazio

19. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    I would hate to see SMS end up at juBentus... let`s hope this is avoidable.
    “Everyone will be seriously examined.” This is basically the main point of Antonio Conte’s press-conference after the match against Bologna on Sunday.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, there are at least six players at risk of being sold once the season is over, starting with Diego Godin.

“It is now no longer a coincidence: the defender is the last option for the defensive department, even behind Andrea Ranocchia. With Antonio Conte, a strong feeling has never been born: the philosophies of the coach and interpretation of the defender on the defensive role are simply too distant. The Uruguayan will leave Inter, provided that he can find other clubs which are willing to take on his wages.”

Regarding the wing-backs, Achraf Hakimi will push Victor Moses back to Chelsea. On the left, probably Emerson Palmieri will be the club’s newest starter to replace Ashley Young, with Cristiano Biraghi and Kwadwo Asamoah saying farewell.

There will be a revolution between the sticks: Conte wants a new backup goalkeeper. Daniele Padelli will be third with Ionut Radu playing behind Samir Handanovic.

The midfield will also be subjected to a rebuild: Roberto Gagliardini, who has caused a few episodes lately, has never been consistent although Conte rates him ahead of Matias Vecino.

Sandro Tonali will arrive while the situation of Radja Nainggolan must be evaluated. Borja Valero’s contract is about to expire and so there is room for another signing and so keep an eye of Arturo Vidal.
    GdS: According to journalist Nicolo Schira, the following is the wishlist of Antonio Conte to reinforce Inter for next season.

“This is the list of Antonio Conte to strengthen Inter and to be competitive with Juventus: Achraf Hakimi (already signed), a second goalkeeper (Juan Musso/Ionut Radu), a left center back, a left wing back, two midfielders which could be Sandro Tonali and Arturo Vidal and a back up striker to Romelu Lukaku.”
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I don't know about 5 forwards and not getting Giroud, but other than that spot on post by Il Drago.

Schira from GdS wrotes that Conte's list is:
    - RWB - Hakimi (DONE)
    - LWB
    - left-footed CB
    - 2x midfielders - Tonali and Vidal
    - vice-Lukaku
    - 2nd goalkeeper - Musso

LWB:
    Will be someone, it's clear by the rumors we're going to get one. Emerson, Gosens, I don't know if Alaba fits to this position. Tagliafico and Telles should be there for the taking too if they determine these guys can play LWB (I don't really know).

LCB:
    Apparently Conte wants more security to this position and doesn't want to run with just one LCB who's 21 years old. This looks like Alaba to me.

2x midfielders:
    Tonali is going to get signed once we just finish the negotiations. I think Vidal can be had too since his contract expires next summer. Problem is Nainggolan and our other midfielders we need to dump out first.

vice-Lukaku:
    Some taller forward, Giroud is back in the rumors again. I wouldn't oppose it as long as the contract is reasonable and the fee is modest. And of course that Sanchez is booked so Giroud would slot in as the 4th choice striker. Dunno if cavanis and such names can be considered to this role with their salaries.

2nd goalkeeper:
    Musso is mentioned by name. I don't know about that, he sounds way too expensive to be a 2nd keeper. Maybe they are targeting Juve-style tandem, where the 2nd keeper takes the reign bit by bit as Szczęsny did with Buffon. Was it that Handa is going to get extended to 2022 or 2023? I don't really care tbh, he can be at Inter for as long as he wants but he must accept a younger guy will come in at some point to start the generation shift. Will it be next season, or season after next, we don't know. If we sign Musso now, it will be next season, if we keep Radu, I doubt he plays too much next season.

Like Il Drago posted too, midfield is a big factor in our mercato. There will be a lot of changes in that department and rightfully so. More than anything we need more depth and hopefully that will happen by upgrading our bench tremendously.
    Yeah, that sounds about right and we would be maybe 1 mercato away from having top squad with sufficient enough bench and high class coach to chalange any team in Europe.

Gosens/Kostic - Alaba - De Vrij - Skriniar - Hakimi would be quite a defensive block.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

23. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes, and more than the mercato, we just need the team to gel together. If we can pull off a great mercato this summer, the "last extra one" we need is just for complimentary pieces. The core and starting players are already here and they need the next season to gel. If all goes according to this plan, I don't see us not being able to challenge in CL for the trophy.

25. Thanks (1): Luka

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Not sure if this has been reported, but we`ve generated some nice plusvalenza by dealing with Berlusconi`s club.

24 year old midfielder Andrea Palazzi has been sold for a nice €2m.

I expect this transfer fee announces more deals to come (Inter players on loan to Monza, as they will play in Serie B next season).
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

wow, nice one.

This is Silvio the Inter fan coming out to play now

29. Thanks (2): firmino, SiamoNoi