Page 1076 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 76576976102610661073107410751076
Results 21,501 to 21,508 of 21508

Thread: Mercato Team (Ausilio, Marotta, & Co), Mercato Strategies, The Future & The Past

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Damn. Getting Donnarumma and having a Toldo/Julione situation with him and Handanovic would be great.

Is there any other of Raiola’s clients we could be interested in though?
    There are rumours in Genoa that we have offered a Politano-Pinamonti swap deal so it could be about him. There's also Ibra but it doesn't look like we're interested.

2. Thanks (1): YoramG

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    That Donnarumma rumor is hilarious. Would be an absolute slap in the face to Milanisti if it ended up happening.

There is no question he's an insane talent. Find me a 20 year old of any position who has the experience that he does.

What I've seen from Donnarumma is massive, yet unrefined talent. He's got some of the best pure reflexes and diving I've seen in years. But as we all know, he has plenty of absolutely retarded moments like coming out for the ball when he shouldn't, randomly mis-positioning himself etc. He is also absolutely dismal with his feet. To be fair though, that's the exact same thing I said about Handanovic just 3 years ago, but at 32 years old, the guy improved immensely. Still isn't Ter Stegen or Alisson level obviously, but very respectable. If Handanovic can make the leap of improvement he did at 32 years old, there's no reason Donnarumma can't do the same.

I don't want him here simply because I'm against signing players from juve/Milan in general. His wages are also ludicrously high. I've said before I think Donnarumma moving to juve is just a matter of time.

I keep hearing things about Musso from Udinese. Handanovic the 2nd?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Musso is very good but not sure if he's going to be elite.

Donnarumma is clumsy, but no less clumsy than what was Buffon around his age with more hype accompanying him.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter meet Giroud's agents and make contact with De Paul: the latest on the Nerazzurri possible January moves

Inter are working in order to give Conte the reinforcements that he publicly asked for and the two main options at the moment are Olivier Giroud for the attack and Rodrigo De Paul for the midfield. Contacts have been held between the club and the parties involved in order to assess the feasibility of the deals.

Chelsea's Olivier Giroud is the name on the top of Antonio Conte's list for the attack, as the coach already knows him from his time at Stamford Bridge. The Nerazzurri held a meeting with the Frenchman's agents and the parties are now making evaluations on the figures of the possible deal. The striker has asked for a two-year and a half contract until June 2022, with the parties waiting to understand Chelsea's stance on the matter. Giroud's contract is set to expire next June and, in order to buy him, Inter will have to figure out what the asking price is and if Chelsea would be willing to let a player go, given the impossibility to buy a replacement due to the transfer ban. The former Arsenal striker is being also monitored by Borussia Dortmund and Milan, with the latter manifesting their interest in the striker for the first time on Wednesday (while they also continue in their negotiations with Ibrahimovic), but they seem to be behind the other contenders at the moment.

For the midfield, Inter have individuated in De Paul the right player to bolster the team in the central zone of the pitch. The club has held contacts with the Argentinian's agents, with the player more than open to consider the possibility of a move to the Nerazzurri. The club will now open the negotiations with Udinese, which set an asking price of at least 35 million last summer.
    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/en-i...-january-moves

6. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Musso is very good but not sure if he's going to be elite.
    That's more or less what I thought of Handanovic when we were first linked with him.

As far as keepers go, everything depends on how long Handanovic can perform. Despite all the arguments over him and the occasional controversial "statue" moment, I daresay most would agree that there's no visible signs of decline. Handanovic's contract expires in 1.5 years and there's been reports the club wants to extend it by another year. I'm perfectly happy with that tbh.

As always there will be names that come out of nowhere and there'll be promising young keepers in the league in 2022 who no one has heard of yet. Musso, Radu, Braz or anyone else, let's just see where things are with Handanovic at 2021, let alone 2022. That said, we should definitely keep tabs on Musso and do what we can to develop Radu out on loan though.

I'm in favor of Giroud + De Paul. €35m for De Paul is a bit fucked. Though to be fair, he signed a new contract until 2024 just last month

As I mentioned in another thread though, I'm still confused about what we're looking for in our January midfield reinforcements. Giroud for example is obvious, we need a backup target man for Lukaku. Same goes for Darmian who hopefully won't be signed now that Lazaro is starting to show his worth.

But the midfielders? A player like De Paul can add some technical ability and versatility, especially with our attack. If anything, he's a vice-Sensi. I'm good with that. But if Vidal, or something like him, was the blueprint of what Conte wanted, De Paul is nothing like that. Surely we're not going to sign another dynamic, physical, goal-scoring and defensively-capable midfielder in addition to De Paul. I mean, it would be great, but it seems unrealistic.

For me, a DM / Brozovic alternative is our top priority and yet it seems the position where there's the least noise. I would say Giroud seems a 80% done deal. I think De Paul about a 65%. But the only DM rumor I can even recall is Matic.. Personally, I'd like to see some more options on the menu, please.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    That's more or less what I thought of Handanovic when we were first linked with him.
    I wanted us to sign Handanovic since 2009. Like buy him and loan him for a couple of seasons to Udinese to have him locked.

It was too obvious to me.

Musso gives me the vibe of a highlight gk that doesn't really give you the confidence of consistency. Maybe it's because he's young and needs to improve some core characteristics.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him but I think it's more of a Frey transfer than a Julio Cesar one if we pull the trigger in the summer.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I see De Paul more in Sensi's role than anything else. But i don't think he can match Sensi's off ball movement.
    35mln seems like overpay for him but that's most probably only speculations. Loan + 25m option should be enough.

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I see De Paul more in Sensi's role than anything else. But i don't think he can match Sensi's off ball movement.
    35mln seems like overpay for him but that's most probably only speculations. Loan + 25m option should be enough.
    why would Udinese agree for that? They are relegation candidate and De Paul is their best player. Let's be honest, there will be better options in the summer for our squad, so De Paul will be just temporary solution in that case. They have to sell him right away.
    Swap deal is also unlikely, because we don't have players who would enjoy joining Udinese. Maybe just Dimarco on loan, but that's it.